Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,010 members, 7,838,534 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

The Bible As A Book. Why Should I believe it? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible As A Book. Why Should I believe it? (2342 Views)

Why Should I Believe In Christianity? / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bible As A Book. Why Should I believe it? by Originakalokalo(m): 10:42am On Oct 25, 2017
Evil Spirit do not have access to you.

They will try. They will raise a storm.

Once you notice that they are responsible,

Address them in Jesus name.

Because you are in right standing with God,
Your faith grows. And things begin to happen.

They are cast out immediately.

Protect, guidance, sustainance, everything begins to fall in place.
Re: The Bible As A Book. Why Should I believe it? by Originakalokalo(m): 10:50am On Oct 25, 2017
jaysmama:
Thks a lot. Your explanation made things clearer. The effort you put into your write ups is appreciated. Remain blessed

Thanks.

Anytime you have a question, pls ask.

I am also studying to know more.

Holiness is a daily thing. Till we die. We wrestle and gain more control of our minds.

It is a price we will pay for the rest of our lives.

But Victory is sure through the Lord Jesus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible As A Book. Why Should I believe it? by jaysmama(f): 2:58am On Oct 26, 2017
Thanks. Won't hesitate to ask if I need further clarifications

1 Like

Re: The Bible As A Book. Why Should I believe it? by Originakalokalo(m): 5:40pm On Nov 28, 2017
Jesus said: The word that I speak to you, they are spirits and life.

Jesus'words are spirits that have life in them.

The word of God is not ordinary words. They are living beings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible As A Book. Why Should I believe it? by Originakalokalo(m): 5:11pm On Jan 26, 2018
The plaque of the frogs in Exodus was confirmed by another different author, hundreds of years after.

Psalm 105 vs 30:

Their land brought forth frogs in abundance, in the chamber of their Kings.
Re: The Bible As A Book. Why Should I believe it? by Kobojunkie: 4:37am On Jul 15, 2022
Seun:
1. Actually, Jesus spent less than two actual days in the grave. He was buried on Friday evening and the tomb was empty on Sunday morning.
2. Jesus made reference to what happened in Nineveh because, as a Jew, he had been taught about the story, and he believed that it was true.
1. Wrong! The grave instead refers to the place of death, not an actual grave or tomb. Jesus died on Thursday, was then buried on Friday, and rose on Sunday. That is 3 days He spent in the grave. undecided

2. And He according to what is written, He did it too. undecided
Re: The Bible As A Book. Why Should I believe it? by Kobojunkie: 11:56pm On Apr 26
Originakalokalo:
∆ As a child of God, how do I know that the Bible is a true word of God?
The answer is FAITH. No one can take that from you, No one can argue out your faith.
So, before I give "other" evidences, It is important to know that faith in the word of God is the key to being a child of God.
The title og Word of God as discussed in the context of Scripture goes instead to the person of Jesus Christ.Your Bible is merely a collection of Books(letters as well) some of which comprise Scripture. undecided
Re: The Bible As A Book. Why Should I believe it? by Originakalokalo(m): 6:37am On Apr 27
Kobojunkie:
The title og Word of God as discussed in the context of Scripture goes instead to the person of Jesus Christ.Your Bible is merely a collection of Books(letters as well) some of which comprise Scripture. undecided

This is your belief and I will respect it.

Mine belief is that the Bible contains events that happened in the past and was penned down by different people under the inspiration of God for mankind.

God bless you.
Re: The Bible As A Book. Why Should I believe it? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:19am On Apr 27
Originakalokalo:

This is your belief and I will respect it.
Mine belief is that the Bible contains events that happened in the past and was penned down by different people under the inspiration of God for mankind.
God bless you.
After the event that occurred in the garden of Eden something happened God supposed to destroy the three rebels and start all over again but He didn't.
WHY?
In the Bible book of Exodus 32:11-14 we read about how the Israelites made God annoyed to the point where He asked Moses to allow Him destroy the entire nation and start all over again but Moses began pleading in behalf of the Israelites and God told Moses that He will not allow any of these faithless miscreants reach the promise land but their obedient descendants will inherit it.
Do we learn a lesson from this event?
That shows someone who was with God in the beginning {John 1:2 compare to Proverbs 8:30} must have pleaded in behalf of mankind after the rebellion in the garden.
So like Moses who will be the person to stand as the one transmitting whatever God says to the sons and daughters of rebellious Adam and Eve that have become imperfect through the disobedience of their parents?
Well it's this same spirit who loved mankind most out of all the things God created while they were both together! Proverbs 8:31
So Jesus started doing the work of getting information from his father and passing it to imperfect humans who has been tested and trusted as prophets to pen it down these are the same inspired words we have today.
No wonder John referred to Jesus as the WORD of God! John 1:1
Therefore whoever condemns any part of the scriptures has condemned the works of the one transmitting it to the inspired writers! Matthew 5:17-19
Please how could Jesus say such a thing that's written in the Bible book of Matthew 5:17-19?
Well it's because every word heard and penned down by those prophets passed through his office that's why he is double sure that everything found written in the Bible is God's word and they are beneficial for TEACHING for REPROVING, for SETTING THINGS STRAIGHT, for DISCIPLINING in RIGHTEOUSNESS! 2Timothy 3:16
God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
Re: The Bible As A Book. Why Should I believe it? by Kobojunkie: 1:59pm On Apr 27
Originakalokalo:
∆ This is your belief and I will respect it.

Mine belief is that the Bible contains events that happened in the past and was penned down by different people under the inspiration of God for mankind. God bless you.
God equally inspired the LIES of Satan that are penned down in the same Bible. grin

Anyways, Your insistence that your Bible is the Word of God, against that which is in fact written in the book, implies you don't actually believe in the book but instead in your own opinions regarding the book. Your opinion differs from what is in fact penned down. So, why claim what you don't even subscribe to? undecided
Re: The Bible As A Book. Why Should I believe it? by FRANELCLINIC: 2:10pm On Apr 27
Originakalokalo:

I Kings Chapter 19 vs 1-12

And Isaiah 37 vs 1-12

These two books have the same message, WORD FOR WORD. All the words are the same.

All the 12 verses.

If you read further, from verse 13 they are not word for word but the same message.

How is this possible?

Whenever a prophet reeived a message from God, he will write it down.(atimes, God told them to as you will see in my next point)

He will give a copy to the king, and the king will keep a copy in the synagogue.

The prophet holds the manuscript. In case of damage during usage in the synagogue, there are two more copies. In case of war, and destruction, three sources are available.

God is the Almighty. He created the brain.

You think he doesn't know what he is doing?

Believe whatever you want.

The purpose of this post is apparently to supply proof that the Bible is God's Word, yet here you are sounding vindictive.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How God Created Light / The Prayer Room! Strictly Interceding For Others / The Status Of Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.