Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,241 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Arsenal To Fine Alex Iwobi Over ‘Unacceptable’ Partying Before Cup Loss - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal To Fine Alex Iwobi Over ‘Unacceptable’ Partying Before Cup Loss (29951 Views)

"We Will Return" - Mbappé Vows After World Cup Loss / Ronaldo Dragged After Super Cup Loss. Pictures! / Jose Mourinho Deletes Instagram Account Following Man Utd's FA Cup Loss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal To Fine Alex Iwobi Over ‘Unacceptable’ Partying Before Cup Loss by dominique(f): 5:24pm On Jan 10, 2018
Arsène Wenger has said he will fine Alex Iwobi if the Arsenal midfielder is confirmed to have been partying in the early hours of Saturday morning, just a day and a half before their 4-2 FA Cup defeat by Nottingham Forest.

A video purports to have shown Iwobi dancing at 2.37am during a party in Soho. It is against Arsenal’s policy to allow nights out so close to a match and, should the images be verified, Wenger will be angered further by the fact that Iwobi was among many players to disappoint in a performance he strongly criticised.

“If that is true, he will be fined,” Wenger said. “It is impossible to go out 48 hours before a game. It’s unacceptable. I will have to see him to see if that is right or not.

Source: Theguardian.com

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arsenal To Fine Alex Iwobi Over ‘Unacceptable’ Partying Before Cup Loss by marooh: 5:31pm On Jan 10, 2018
If I see my self parting or bleeping tins why am suppose to compete 2morrow....Omo na loose 

Although Mynd44 will soon move this post to fp because na bae post am‎ cheesy grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal To Fine Alex Iwobi Over ‘Unacceptable’ Partying Before Cup Loss by daryoor(m): 5:42pm On Jan 10, 2018
wenger olodo
go and commit the suicide jor

1 Like

Re: Arsenal To Fine Alex Iwobi Over ‘Unacceptable’ Partying Before Cup Loss by dominique(f): 5:49pm On Jan 10, 2018
If he's found guilty then he deserves to be sanctioned to serve as a lesson to others. Those Arsenal players have been playing so badly lately, I won't be surprised if that's how most of them behave hours to their game. Someone has to be the scapegoat.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal To Fine Alex Iwobi Over ‘Unacceptable’ Partying Before Cup Loss by amiibaby(f): 6:19pm On Jan 10, 2018
Lol
Re: Arsenal To Fine Alex Iwobi Over ‘Unacceptable’ Partying Before Cup Loss by donstan18: 6:19pm On Jan 10, 2018
Iwobi is not wise to be playing for Arsenal and Arsene wenger.
A wise Nigerian player playing in England should emulate Mikel Obi.

Leave and go for clubs that can give you major trophies.

Just like Suarez, Bale, Mikel, Fabregas, V persie, Clichy, Song, Nasri, and Modric.

Funny enough, Dembele of Barca will soon win a major trophy before him.

That's why the bitter truth remains that when it comes to football level and achievements, MIKEL OBI will top the likes of Steven Gerald, Jay-Jay Okocha, Arteta, Hamsik, and Aduriz.

I pity Harry Kane, Eriksen and Iloris of Spurs, Aubemang and Reus of Dortmund, Mertens and Insigne of Napoli.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal To Fine Alex Iwobi Over ‘Unacceptable’ Partying Before Cup Loss by Narldon: 6:19pm On Jan 10, 2018

Similarity between Wenger and Buhari...

Always looking for whom to Blame...

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arsenal To Fine Alex Iwobi Over ‘Unacceptable’ Partying Before Cup Loss by Pebcak: 6:20pm On Jan 10, 2018
grin
Re: Arsenal To Fine Alex Iwobi Over ‘Unacceptable’ Partying Before Cup Loss by affable4(m): 6:20pm On Jan 10, 2018
It seems that African mentality is creeping in gradually. That i-have-arrived-no-need-for-further-improvement mentality.
Better concentrate on your game because you and Raheem Sterling are age mates. Forget the fact that we keep looking at your achievements with respect to your age from an African angle.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal To Fine Alex Iwobi Over ‘Unacceptable’ Partying Before Cup Loss by deepwater(f): 6:20pm On Jan 10, 2018
Discipline
Re: Arsenal To Fine Alex Iwobi Over ‘Unacceptable’ Partying Before Cup Loss by Deejaygold(m): 6:21pm On Jan 10, 2018
See excuse grin
Re: Arsenal To Fine Alex Iwobi Over ‘Unacceptable’ Partying Before Cup Loss by EmekaBlue(m): 6:21pm On Jan 10, 2018
cheesy grin Hope some of their players also had a good drunk party lastnight so we trash them today #CHELSEA

Go BLUES
Re: Arsenal To Fine Alex Iwobi Over ‘Unacceptable’ Partying Before Cup Loss by kings09(m): 6:21pm On Jan 10, 2018
He shld call buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal To Fine Alex Iwobi Over ‘Unacceptable’ Partying Before Cup Loss by Badboiz(m): 6:21pm On Jan 10, 2018
He can’t come and kill himself..
Re: Arsenal To Fine Alex Iwobi Over ‘Unacceptable’ Partying Before Cup Loss by iamrammy(m): 6:21pm On Jan 10, 2018
who is arsene wenger is he a lawyer?
Re: Arsenal To Fine Alex Iwobi Over ‘Unacceptable’ Partying Before Cup Loss by Badboiz(m): 6:21pm On Jan 10, 2018
The team generally didn’t perform, all of them should be sanctioned.. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Arsenal To Fine Alex Iwobi Over ‘Unacceptable’ Partying Before Cup Loss by aprilwise(m): 6:22pm On Jan 10, 2018
Wenger they find who he go blame use has a scape goat.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal To Fine Alex Iwobi Over ‘Unacceptable’ Partying Before Cup Loss by Pavore9: 6:22pm On Jan 10, 2018
marooh:
If I see my self parting or bleeping tins why am suppose to compete 2morrow....Omo na loose 

Although Mynd44 will soon move this post to fp because na bae post am‎ cheesy grin

And your prediction came to pass! cheesy
Re: Arsenal To Fine Alex Iwobi Over ‘Unacceptable’ Partying Before Cup Loss by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 10, 2018
Defaulters (the fourthers) club. Carry fourth, concede four goals. The owner of Arsenal must be a fourth child.
Re: Arsenal To Fine Alex Iwobi Over ‘Unacceptable’ Partying Before Cup Loss by Stevengerd(m): 6:23pm On Jan 10, 2018
So because Club lose make e no flex....

Shoro niyen?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal To Fine Alex Iwobi Over ‘Unacceptable’ Partying Before Cup Loss by Timinho23: 6:23pm On Jan 10, 2018
This guy had better use his head and buckle up. Alexis Sanchez is going, Walcott is going and instead of developing a good personal training regime to shine on the left wing, he's partying. continue bro.. keep it up

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal To Fine Alex Iwobi Over ‘Unacceptable’ Partying Before Cup Loss by samtinx(m): 6:23pm On Jan 10, 2018
grin You must be fined for for partying for,while we were about to loss our only hope of trophy

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal To Fine Alex Iwobi Over ‘Unacceptable’ Partying Before Cup Loss by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jan 10, 2018
Arsenal and secondary school grade players are five and six
Re: Arsenal To Fine Alex Iwobi Over ‘Unacceptable’ Partying Before Cup Loss by oshe11: 6:25pm On Jan 10, 2018
he is madt

played wit my bet
Re: Arsenal To Fine Alex Iwobi Over ‘Unacceptable’ Partying Before Cup Loss by clems88(m): 6:26pm On Jan 10, 2018
Mr looser wanna push blame on the poor nigger . grin
Re: Arsenal To Fine Alex Iwobi Over ‘Unacceptable’ Partying Before Cup Loss by stano2(m): 6:26pm On Jan 10, 2018
Better.
Re: Arsenal To Fine Alex Iwobi Over ‘Unacceptable’ Partying Before Cup Loss by LesbianBoy(m): 6:28pm On Jan 10, 2018
Wait... So arsene wenger is blaming iwobi for their loss or what? He should have blamed buhari instead
Re: Arsenal To Fine Alex Iwobi Over ‘Unacceptable’ Partying Before Cup Loss by johnstar(m): 6:29pm On Jan 10, 2018
9ja ppl like flexing sha grin
Re: Arsenal To Fine Alex Iwobi Over ‘Unacceptable’ Partying Before Cup Loss by Narldon: 6:31pm On Jan 10, 2018

I tried changing my Nairaland Password to ARSENALDEFENCE

But system said it was too WEAK embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal To Fine Alex Iwobi Over ‘Unacceptable’ Partying Before Cup Loss by Narldon: 6:31pm On Jan 10, 2018
angry
Re: Arsenal To Fine Alex Iwobi Over ‘Unacceptable’ Partying Before Cup Loss by Beedude(m): 6:32pm On Jan 10, 2018
Typical Black Man Mentality. Even Player Wey Better Pass Am No Club Overnyt Before A Match... Dele Alli And Co Are Hitting Headline On How To Join Madrid Or Barca. I Pray He Understand That Little Tins Like This Counts In A Footballers Career.
Re: Arsenal To Fine Alex Iwobi Over ‘Unacceptable’ Partying Before Cup Loss by donneco(m): 6:34pm On Jan 10, 2018
Wenger is looking for whom to lay his frustrations on.
It was iwobi that provided the assist for Arsenals second goal and his performance wasnt bad compared to that of other players who didnt "party"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Coaches Of Nigerian Premier League Teams / Bayern Munich Stars And Wives Attend Glamorous Christmas Party (Photos) / Six People Injured By Giant Lightning Strike During PGA Golf Tournament (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.