Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,229 members, 7,842,644 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Elections: It Will Be Fire For Fire – Tinubu Warns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elections: It Will Be Fire For Fire – Tinubu Warns (1283 Views)

CIA Predicted Nigeria Will Break Up After 2015 Elections, It Took GEJ To Stop It / Tinubu Warns Jonathan Against Fani-kayode / B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News! Bola Tinubu Warns Defecting G-5 Governors On How To Behave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elections: It Will Be Fire For Fire – Tinubu Warns by domwas2(m): 12:11pm On Mar 02, 2007
Action Congress (AC) chieftain and Lagos State Governor, Bola Tinubu on Wednesday urged Lagosians to defend their votes during forthcoming general elections, even as the party alleged plots by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to rig the elections.
If it is war, we’ll give it. If they want peace, we’ll give it. If they want riot, we’ll give it. If they want dead body, they will get it. They cannot kill all of us,” he said.

The governor made the remark in Awuwo-Odofin area of the state where the party flagged-off its governorship campaign rally ahead of the April elections.

According to him; “Today, we start another crusade, another revolution, while he described the forthcoming election as what would determine the fortune of Nigerians and Lagosians in particular.
Fighting for your right is fighting for your votes. Fighting for your votes is defending your future, to assure you of a better tomorrow,” he said.

While urging the crowd to vote out the PDP at the national level and resist its attempt to gain the control of the state in the next political dispensation, Tinubu alleged that “eight years of PDP have brought sorrow and bitterness.

Speaking in the same vein, former Governor of Oyo State, Alhaji Lam Adeshina alleged that the PDP in its desperate attempt to retain the control of the nation and win Lagos State, has already written the result of the elections in its favour.

“You have to be extra-ordinarily vigilant. Lagosians should be battle ready as Bode George and his PDP cohorts have already written the score.
“Yoruba race is battle ready and whoever rigs this election will continue to live with the stigma for life,” he assured.

Before presenting the party’s governorship candidate in Lagos State, Babatunde Fashola, to the crowd, Tinubu said the lawyer turned politician is the most credible of all those who jostled for the ticket a few months ago.

He also spoke on why he did not support the governorship aspiration of his deputy, Femi Pedro and some of the commissioners, who wanted to succeed him, during the party primaries.
“I know them very well, I trained them. I am their boss,” he alleged, adding that “Hakeem Gbejabiamila (a former commissioner in his cabinet) cannot do the job. I know them too well. I am their boss, I know them one by one.
They are not competent.
“I leave Tokunbo.

We asked him to be senator in Lagos Central, and then Lagos West. He has now gone to ANPP, a party you cannot pronounce.
“And what is the symbol of that party? Corn. He had now become a chicken holding corn. Chop Chop party. We told him, but he wouldn’t listen,” he said.

Presenting his agenda at the rally, Fashola assured that he would continue with Tinubu’s legacies and even improve on them, if elected into office.
The highlight at the rally was the open declaration of some defectors from the PDP into the AC

wat do u think?

http://www.thetimesofnigeria.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1884

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elections: It Will Be Fire For Fire – Tinubu Warns by ono(m): 1:57pm On Mar 02, 2007
domwas2:

He has now gone to ANPP, a party you cannot pronounce. “And what is the symbol of that party? Corn. He had now become a chicken holding corn. Chop Chop party.

Funny. Chop Chop Corn party.
Re: Elections: It Will Be Fire For Fire – Tinubu Warns by domwas2(m): 2:46pm On Mar 02, 2007
;d
Re: Elections: It Will Be Fire For Fire – Tinubu Warns by kayusely70(m): 6:51am On Dec 24, 2021
ono:

Funny. Chop Chop Corn party.
Very very funny! Most of those parties were floated to get grants from government!

(1) (Reply)

Okiro Summons Adedibu Over Oyo Crisis / Man Jailed 30 Years Over Fake Naira / Ahmadinejad To Address The Au Summit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.