Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,561 members, 7,837,155 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) (58945 Views)

Lagos Blue Line Trains On Their Way From China (Photos & Video). / Vehicles Stuck In Giant Pothole Full Of Water In Agege Pencinema (Video) / High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) by jameyjaggs: 9:58pm On Feb 26, 2018
jst sayin@KevinDein
Re: Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) by livebynite: 9:59pm On Feb 26, 2018
jayinfo2:

Do you love garri this much . you have literarily commented on more than 10 post with dis same comment.

Well I hope the price of garri is reduced because of u.

AMEN OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) by heendrix(m): 10:03pm On Feb 26, 2018
iraborosasu:
It's funny how coordinated they are...

Nigerian Bus Drivers will be wondering why those small spaces are vacant

Lol grin
Re: Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) by chineselink: 10:06pm On Feb 26, 2018
Beautiful Hainan island. Haikou is the capital but sanya is more than beautiful, I lived there for over four years. Tourism is the key to their success.
Automotive1:

Mind-blowing pictures show thousands of vehicles stuck in an epic 10km traffic jam in China as holiday-goers try to return home

More than 10,000 cars and over 100,000 travellers were stuck in a massive traffic jam in China last week as they waited to get on ferryboats to leave popular tropical island Hainan.

According to Chinese news site Sina, the huge queues stretched for around 10 kilometres (6.2 miles) at one point. The congestion was caused by heavy fog over the Qiongzhou Strait in Haikou.

The incredible gridlock took place at the end of China's seven-day national holiday to celebrate Lunar New Year.

As a tropical destination, Hainan Island was hugely popular among tourists who were looking for sunshine. 

In the space of seven days, around five million people swarmed to the island which is roughly the size of Belgium.

But when they were trying to return home, they found themselves trapped on the island due to foggy weather as boats could only operate periodically. 

Huge queues of vehicles were spotted outside of the islands Xiuying Port, Xinhai Port and Nangang Port from the evening of February 19 and by midnight, over 10,000 vehicle had been stuck.

As a result of the traffic jam, the price of the flight tickets out of Hainan to major Chinese cities soared up by some 20 times.

It's said that after the ferry re-opened on the morning of February 20, 30 boats shuttled between the strait to transport nearly 7,000 vehicles over in 4.5 hours.It took another 24 hours to clear the queue.

The worst traffic jam ever in China took place in 2010 where motorists were caught up in a 60-mile tailback which lasted for more than 10 days on the Beijing-Tibet Expressway due to roadworks. 

Be grateful you’re not stuck in this kind traffic jam,with thousands of cars,buses and lorries in front of you.

Source https://autojosh.com/mind-blowing-pictures-thousands-vehicles-stuck-10km-traffic-jam-china/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) by 3kay945(m): 10:08pm On Feb 26, 2018
Overheating go don kill some naija car for there.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) by heendrix(m): 10:10pm On Feb 26, 2018
NLbully:
JESUUUUU!!!
Lmao grin grin
Re: Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) by biosystech: 10:26pm On Feb 26, 2018
One thing one can learn from the picture is the fact that the queue is organized unlike here in Nigeria. I hope we get it right.

Follow my signature to get your affordable fairly used laptop.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) by paulsibility(m): 10:31pm On Feb 26, 2018
All I see is business..
How many crates of drinks and gala I can sell..

2 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) by agwaisrael(m): 10:37pm On Feb 26, 2018
obafemee80:

Wicked grin

There is an atom of truth in what you said...

Nigerians that cannot maintain a queue of 20 people grin grin grin

We are good at maintaining queues. Just that plenty people would have declared "I dey your back"
Re: Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) by difference5050: 10:41pm On Feb 26, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
This Traffic is more organized than Nigeria
why are we professional in detecting fault.we know that our country is already messed up.why can't we look for way out.criticism will not solve our problem
Re: Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) by IdeyFindWife: 10:42pm On Feb 26, 2018
biosystech:
One thing one can learn from the picture is the fact that the queue is organized unlike here in Nigeria. I hope we get it right.

Look at them, look at Nigeria; imagining the differences between both realities can't but produce depression.

With all their advancement, they're here again selling us junk electronics and sapping whatever little devalued Naira we can lay claim to from our oil sales with the Roads Contracts we keep throwing at CCECC and co.

When will Nigeria get it right?
Re: Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) by piagetskinner(m): 10:51pm On Feb 26, 2018
I hate anything traffic jam...reason why I can never live in Lagos...

that city is crazy
Re: Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) by biosystech: 10:51pm On Feb 26, 2018
IdeyFindWife:

Look at them, look at Nigeria; imagining the differences between both realities can't but produce depression.

With all their advancement, they're here again selling us junk electronics and sapping whatever little devalued Naira we can lay claim to from our oil sales with the Roads Contracts we keep throwing at CCECC and co.

When will Nigeria get it right?
The truth is, many nations do what they do to protect their citizens, many except well. . . Nigeria. China is really taking advantage of that population to become a force to be reckoned with. China will keep selling us junks because - I am sorry to say, we are beggars and we do have no choice. Not only that, we cut corners in trying to bring about infrastructural development which after 'settling' the peeps that be, little or nothing is left, hence, substandard products. Do I blame China? Nope. They would give according to what the client pays. You cannot buy a high spec laptop at a cheap price; it's impossible.

If Nigeria had its priorities right, China won't have been the country in Africa building infrastructures but instead, Nigeria will be - especially around the Sub-Saharan area.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) by john650(m): 11:07pm On Feb 26, 2018
No wonder the Chinese like to emigrate to other countries because their country cannot handle their exploding population. India is the same despite having a large country.

Nigeria should learn from these countries and start having family planning, otherwise the future won't be pretty.
Re: Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) by Automotive1(m): 11:17pm On Feb 26, 2018
chineselink:
Beautiful Hainan island. Haikou is the capital but sanya is more than beautiful, I lived there for over four years. Tourism is the key to their success.
I'm pleased to hear that... grin

2 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) by Nobody: 11:22pm On Feb 26, 2018
iraborosasu:

Those ones are terrible kind of human being especially here in Lagos
Re: Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) by fortunechy(m): 11:56pm On Feb 26, 2018
even as that.... they are still organized unlike that that zoo country where animals are getting richer than human.....
Re: Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) by SSAwhistleblowe: 12:25am On Feb 27, 2018
Omo see road..14 lanes
Re: Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) by SSAwhistleblowe: 12:27am On Feb 27, 2018
Omo see road..14 lanes another na 21 lanes chai!
Re: Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) by Witnes: 1:24am On Feb 27, 2018
Pple wey sabi b dat, patient and orderly but 4 naija, no way, everybody in a hurry to get there on time but refused to move on time.
Re: Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) by Lecturebidz(m): 1:51am On Feb 27, 2018
iraborosasu:

grin grin grin This is why I miss Nairaland®
Re: Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) by vioment: 2:03am On Feb 27, 2018
okada, hawkers, and impatient drivers for dun turn am to unbearable traffic.
Re: Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) by judewhite27: 3:15am On Feb 27, 2018
Automotive1:

they are not better than nigerians in that kind of situation,just that we always see ourselves as inferior..i stay in China and i know them better! my opinion!

Mind-blowing pictures show thousands of vehicles stuck in an epic 10km traffic jam in China as holiday-goers try to return home

More than 10,000 cars and over 100,000 travellers were stuck in a massive traffic jam in China last week as they waited to get on ferryboats to leave popular tropical island Hainan.

According to Chinese news site Sina, the huge queues stretched for around 10 kilometres (6.2 miles) at one point. The congestion was caused by heavy fog over the Qiongzhou Strait in Haikou.

The incredible gridlock took place at the end of China's seven-day national holiday to celebrate Lunar New Year.

As a tropical destination, Hainan Island was hugely popular among tourists who were looking for sunshine. 

In the space of seven days, around five million people swarmed to the island which is roughly the size of Belgium.

But when they were trying to return home, they found themselves trapped on the island due to foggy weather as boats could only operate periodically. 

Huge queues of vehicles were spotted outside of the islands Xiuying Port, Xinhai Port and Nangang Port from the evening of February 19 and by midnight, over 10,000 vehicle had been stuck.

As a result of the traffic jam, the price of the flight tickets out of Hainan to major Chinese cities soared up by some 20 times.

It's said that after the ferry re-opened on the morning of February 20, 30 boats shuttled between the strait to transport nearly 7,000 vehicles over in 4.5 hours.It took another 24 hours to clear the queue.

The worst traffic jam ever in China took place in 2010 where motorists were caught up in a 60-mile tailback which lasted for more than 10 days on the Beijing-Tibet Expressway due to roadworks. 

Be grateful you’re not stuck in this kind traffic jam,with thousands of cars,buses and lorries in front of you.

Source https://autojosh.com/mind-blowing-pictures-thousands-vehicles-stuck-10km-traffic-jam-china/

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) by Awaja(m): 4:20am On Feb 27, 2018
Fog is natural so it’s an inevitable traffic,so it’s understandable.It will take giant of Africa 2months with serious robbery to clear these up
Re: Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) by ItsMeAboki(m): 5:38am On Feb 27, 2018
Chai, see better neatly designed roads; I counted 14 lanes in the first picture.
Wonder when our greed and selfishness would allow us attain such standards - a country where residents would quickly rush to construct their houses next to a road whenever a new one is built, therefore frustrating any chance for its future expansion.
Re: Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) by whiteeyes: 5:57am On Feb 27, 2018
iraborosasu:

very correct! Naija driver na bumper to bumper trained ni oh grin
iraborosasu:

very correct! Naija driver na bumper to bumper trained ni oh
Re: Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) by GOFRONT(m): 6:55am On Feb 27, 2018
OMG......See Sweet hold up
Re: Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) by frfr: 7:29am On Feb 27, 2018
Ahhh. Abeg if I no cn get fuel nko.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) by Nobody: 7:38am On Feb 27, 2018
The traffic is organised. See how they maintain vehicle spacing. In naija, my bumper must touch your fender o.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) by Teeboi56: 7:58am On Feb 27, 2018
How we u comparing their queue to Nigeria
Do u see fearly used car among their cars
All is brand new

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adzuayi Ewuga’s, 11 Others Die In Plane Crash In Cameroon (Photo) / Plane Crash Lands On California Highway And Hits A Truck Full Of People(video) / 2 Jehovah's Witnesses Killed In Ekpoma​, Edo By Car While Preaching

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.