Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,845 members, 7,841,202 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Lagos Governorship Debate: Why Was Koro Absent? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Governorship Debate: Why Was Koro Absent? (3491 Views)

Jimi Agbaje And Ambode At The Lagos State Governorship Debate (Photo) / Lagos Governorship Debate: Candidate Performace Ratings By Premium Times / That Rude Boy Called "KORO" Lacks Respect For Elders - Bode George (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Governorship Debate: Why Was Koro Absent? by Nijababe: 8:07pm On Mar 16, 2007
Can someone tell me where Koro was during the debate tonight?
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Why Was Koro Absent? by dayokanu(m): 8:36pm On Mar 16, 2007
At a paraga joint what else could be more important than the people you are seeking their vote since the election is a do or die affair he has gone to seek support of the PDP
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Why Was Koro Absent? by abdkabir(m): 9:40pm On Mar 16, 2007
Abeg , does someone have the transcript of the debate. If yes, pls post it.
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Why Was Koro Absent? by dayokanu(m): 10:32pm On Mar 16, 2007
The debate was for 3 hours 4 aspirants namely Fashola, Koro, Afikuyomi and Uche Ohimai were to discuss issues but Koro ran away(too busy drinking Sepe) as an area father now. You know last time he came late today he stayed away I dont blame him cos he wouldn't have been able to stand that kind of mental torture it was a real intellectual contest; a show of grey matter and you know Koro now would have wilted after the 1st round. They went in several rounds discussing their plans for education, security, environment, Youth et.c they were all very eloquent and vast discussing issues like using levees to sort out the bar beach issue and many things
You mustn't miss Sunday's own involving Pedro, Jimi Agbaje,Adiukwu and Gbajabiamila
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Why Was Koro Absent? by dayokanu(m): 10:50am On Mar 17, 2007
Again why was Koro absent??
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Why Was Koro Absent? by firstborn: 5:15pm On Mar 17, 2007
Koro was absent becase it is only OBJ that can secure his seat at Alausa through any means be it do or die or by crook. He was in Aso Rock massaging OBJ's ego.
I know in mind that Koro does not qualify to be in Alausa. He is not someone who can stoop low so as to conquer. Imagine, he was sitting down crossing his legs and abusing Tinubu when he was asked a simple question the other day, at the end he ddnt answer the question. He left everybody confused.
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Why Was Koro Absent? by lewa(m): 7:07pm On Mar 17, 2007
Koro simply has no grasp of issues period!Never has,ever would!Just a glorified street urchin nothing more,no pedigree,lucky guy from the" wrong tracks "who incredulously thinks hes made good!
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Why Was Koro Absent? by Mamajama(m): 7:23pm On Mar 17, 2007
He was in KIRIKIRI eating pounded yam with Egusi soup cool
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Why Was Koro Absent? by Nijababe: 7:29pm On Mar 17, 2007
Check this out, grin

'However, Obanikoro said in a statement signed by Femi Carena, the Director of Media of Obanikoro Campaign Organisation, that he would only participate in sincere and transparent debates and not stage-managed ones.

Explaining why he wasn’t part of the LTV/Skye Bank debate, Obanikoro said he boycotted the live debate because he was aware like everybody else that it was put together by the Lagos State-owned television station and Skye Bank, in which the state has substantial shares.'

This is from punch
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200703172461264
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Why Was Koro Absent? by abdkabir(m): 7:40pm On Mar 17, 2007
Koro with his Crying again.

Here he is questioning the fairness of a Debate attended/to be attended by lots of Candidates from other parties moreover it's being Moderated by the known Columnist

"Reuben Abati" who seems not biased to any party. smiley

Kooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooo, That excuse is Super O.
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Why Was Koro Absent? by lewa(m): 12:46am On Mar 18, 2007
Koro is a fraud--------i'm sure he does not want his ineptitude to be broadcast live.This is someone with zero senatorial input in 4 years----zero,with his so called Yankee education!Let him face his peers as its done globally and tell us what he wants to do for Lagosians!
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Why Was Koro Absent? by kateflow(f): 3:06pm On Mar 18, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

He was in KIRIKIRI eating pounded yam with Egusi soup cool

lol
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Why Was Koro Absent? by firstborn: 11:28am On Mar 19, 2007
How can somebody discredit u in a televised debate?? Other party candidates were there live and direct!!!
Even if it was the devil that owned the TV station, it is the people of Lagos that will jugde u not the TV station. Dont be surprised that even if AIT or Silverbird were the organiser's, Koro will still not attend.
A looser is always on the run when no one is pursuing him/her.
D looser does not have one single thing to offer,not just to lagosians, but to himself too.
And it's true oohhh, Have anyone seen the guy do any debate or propose anything in the senate, save for "i fully support third term".

Wetin PDP no go manufakture for 9ja?? Lord have mercy.
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Why Was Koro Absent? by darznets(m): 12:53pm On Mar 19, 2007
Why should any one be surprised that koro did not show up at the debate? Its only the candiddates that has something to offer that were present, maybe you guys did not know that his "Agbero" brother in Oyo State too- Akala did not go for the debate in his state as well.
It only go to show the kind of people the PDP is presently for election, they only want to "capture" lagos with nothing in mind give in terms of development,
Mya God Never allow the "Papa Decieving Pickin (PDP)" to rule our dear Lagos
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Why Was Koro Absent? by darznets(m): 12:59pm On Mar 19, 2007
Why should any one be surprised that koro did not show up at the debate? Its only the candiddates that has something to offer that were present, maybe you guys did not know that his "Agbero" brother in Oyo State too- Akala did not go for the debate in his state as well.
It only go to show the kind of people the PDP is presently for election, they only want to "capture" lagos with nothing in mind give in terms of development,
Mya God Never allow the "Papa Decieving Pickin (PDP)" to rule our dear Lagos
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Why Was Koro Absent? by hooplarr(m): 8:02pm On Mar 19, 2007
Koro, in the Yoruba translation means bitter. So for everyone ass kissing the bitter guy, attending his rallies fortified with murderous looking security agents had better have a rethink cause the guy portends grave danger to us and to Lagosians alike.

He glibly burned down City hall, sold lands fraudulently, stepped on toes and gladly bit the hands that fed him and lifted him up to the exalted position he is currently holding.

How do you expect him to participate in the debate? He's nothing, empty with empty promises. he only has the backing of the PDP.

Need I say more

He can only be found where he is wont to be. At the Paraga stand,

Watch out,

Don't let him in,
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Why Was Koro Absent? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 20, 2007
i counted how many pple posted on this thread and i only saw 7 pple.imagine!!!!!!!!!!!! i tot koro was really hated but from this thread i can conclude koro will win lagos state outrightly.
lewa wont even vote cose he aint in nija so thats -1 grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

dayokanu dayo kanu dayo kanu how many times i call u?u don run come ere again dey yan noncense again. grin grin grin grin grin sepe, paraga!!!!!! na only u sabi.u must be a paraga addict urself to know koro is always there grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Why Was Koro Absent? by otokx(m): 9:55pm On Mar 20, 2007
As we get closer and closer to the day; ma people are getting wiser. There aint going to be any election in Nigeria as everyone will be lying down on the floor of their houses on election days taking shelter so as not to get hit by the stray bullets flying in every direction.
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Why Was Koro Absent? by abdkabir(m): 2:12am On Mar 21, 2007
Na true. I just hope notin bad happens!God Help Us!
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Why Was Koro Absent? by damsol(f): 2:18am On Mar 21, 2007
now u guys re just saying what u didnt witness, all dem say .newx koro has not been elected and uve not gotten to know himvery well yet some of u are saying he is full of empty promises.newax as for me,i pray he wins the election
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Why Was Koro Absent? by abdkabir(m): 3:21am On Mar 21, 2007
Seems your interest is protected under Koro eh! Any reason why he should win?
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Why Was Koro Absent? by dayokanu(m): 7:42am On Mar 21, 2007
'However, Obanikoro said in a statement signed by Femi Carena, the Director of Media of Obanikoro Campaign Organisation, that he would only participate in sincere and transparent debates and not stage-managed ones.

Explaining why he wasn’t part of the LTV/Skye Bank debate, Obanikoro said he boycotted the live debate because he was aware like everybody else that it was put together by the Lagos State-owned television station and Skye Bank, in which the state has substantial shares.'

This is from punch

So if the T.V station owner was Kwara state he would have gone? So in the presidential debate all aspirants should not go if the debate is aired by NTA what Gibberish. Femmylangy is Koro that empty He shouldn't have bothered to explain. I like the fact that he did not go for he didnt want to show his empty skull that was good calculation but goind ahead to give that kind of excuse, Men Lagso deserves better!! Maybe Koro would have been good enough for a nomadic environment somewhere in the north but an intellectually challenging environment like Lagos, Nah Nah Nah
Has Koro ever considered chairman of NURTW??
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Why Was Koro Absent? by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 21, 2007
dayo kanu u no even get respect,u are talking to SENATOR MUSILIU OLATUNDE OBANIKORO like that? angry angry shocked shocked shocked sad sad sad an incubent senator and ur future governor? angry angry shocked shocked sad sad i pity u and fashola. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Why Was Koro Absent? by dayokanu(m): 9:47am On Mar 21, 2007
Femmy,
Abeg Ohh Please help me to beg the senator because I have started seeing some area boys looking at me somehow could it be connected to my last comment why you go tell them now shebi na discussion we dey do now abeg tell Senator Koro to call the thugs to order and I would vote him for Governor (CBN), governor of Texas since he schooled there or even president Lagos is too small for him.

Abeg OO
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Why Was Koro Absent? by dayokanu(m): 10:22am On Mar 21, 2007
Femmy and Madejibo,
AGAIN WHAT WERE KORO'S ACHIEVEMENT IN ALL POLITICAL OFFICES HE HELD INCLUDING 4 YEARS AT SENATE ANY MOTION TO FAVOUR LAGOS AND LAGOSIANS?
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Why Was Koro Absent? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Mar 21, 2007
LMFAO grin grin grin grin grin grin i too dey catch my trips with this dayokanu guy
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Why Was Koro Absent? by damsol(f): 1:32pm On Mar 21, 2007
dayokanu:

Femmy,
Abeg Ohh Please help me to beg the senator because I have started seeing some area boys looking at me somehow could it be connected to my last comment why you go tell them now shebi na discussion we dey do now abeg tell Senator Koro to call the thugs to order and I would vote him for Governor (CBN), governor of Texas since he schooled there or even president Lagos is too small for him.

Abeg OO
abegi,u no even put ur picture for nairaland and u sense some area boys looking at u, hmmm, so hard to be true.
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Why Was Koro Absent? by kitaun(m): 9:42am On Mar 22, 2007
here again??

KORO is really no issue jare, he should contest for National President of Political Jobbers in Nigeria cool

why expect him to go for a debate in LTV? HE SHOULD HAVE ATTENDED THE ONE ORGANIZED AT OSUN STATE TV. . .ODESCO
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Why Was Koro Absent? by dayokanu(m): 9:57am On Mar 22, 2007
Bitter things come in the form of Chloroquine, Bitter leaf, Agbo(herbs), Sepe/Paraga, and Sen Koro may we not know Bitterness.
Lagos ma dun ni Ko ni Koro lai lai meaning Lagos would be sweet and never be Bitter Amen!!!!!!!

Latest report: Koro boys have stormed Ajah again so avoid anything to do with Ajah for today. Why is Koro synonimous with mayhem the other day someone on this thread I think said his entourage almost hit him at Maryland as they were all following one way. That is a taste of what to expect with Koro as governor, Disorder, Chaos!!!!!
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Why Was Koro Absent? by kitaun(m): 9:58am On Mar 22, 2007
ARE YOU ANY SURPRISED? cool
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Why Was Koro Absent? by dayokanu(m): 10:06am On Mar 22, 2007
SOmeone said there would be a debate at channels T.V today if true what is the time.
Koro might not attend because the debate is being held in Lagos state and not Adamawa or Taraba state.
i[b]Koro[/b] jade ninu aye wa Amin. Bitterness get out of our lives Amen

Femmylangy, opined that Koro does not hope to win by coming for debates to tell Lagosian what he has( if he has anything for them) so he has perfected his rigging plan in conjuction with Abuja where everybody is being indicted for corruption.
Re: Lagos Governorship Debate: Why Was Koro Absent? by Razorr(f): 10:11am On Mar 22, 2007
Hey Guys, I heard from a reliable source, that knows Koro very well, that the guy can't speak good English. That's why he doesn't wanna participate in any debate. He doesn't want to make a fool of himself!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Seyi Makinde youngest governor Lead Ajimobi With A Wide Margin / Celebration In Imo As Rochas Emerges The Winner Of Governorship Election(photos) / Buhari Makes U-turn, Says 250,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Was Stolen Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.