Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,390 members, 7,833,411 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

My heart bleeds for Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / My heart bleeds for Islam (1008 Views)

Unanswerable Questions For Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My heart bleeds for Islam by Akins02324(m): 12:34pm On Jun 06, 2018
Salam Aleykum.

I witnessed something very terrible yesterday at the Lagos state secretariat central mosque Alausa.

As we all known that ITIKAF started yesterday. People came from different states to observe ITIKAF at the mosque. Immediately after tarawih, there was an announcement from the executives of the mosque that the mosque can only contained only the people who paid N20,000 for the ITIKAF that others should go and find another mosque to observe their ITIKAF immediately after tarawih.

We all known the importance of staying in the mosque for the last 10 days and the benefits.

The announcement triggered a serious comottion while alots of people revolted it and pounced on the so-called executives.

How come a payment is a yardstick to be used to determine who and who is entitled to stay in the mosque for the ITIKAF? A mosque is an abode for the entire Muslim Ummah without any restrictions. People came from different states to worship ALLAH and you denied them? Which Islam are they practicing?

I was aware the N20,000 is for the feedings of all the registered Muslims,If the money is meant for the feeding of the participants, I think those who doesn’t pay or who can’t afford it should be allowed to observe their ITIKAF while they cater for their feedings on their own if the organizers don’t have the capacity to incorporate them.

I was told that has been the doctrine of the mosque for years according to the information I gathered. Many people have refuted it but the issue keeps resurfacing every year at the opening of the programs which to me, is a growing parasite that need an urgent attention.

I am calling on all concern Muslims to rise up and challenge this nefarious act, A mosque is a place of worship without any restriction except if you are doing something contrary.

The mosque executives need to be enlightened and be told the implications of what they are doing in the sight of ALLAH. You don’t denied people in ALLAH”s mosque in as long as they came with good intention.

Allah subhanohu wa tahala, forbid division in Islam, we should be our brothers keeper and give the Muslims what belong to them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My heart bleeds for Islam by Empiree: 8:15pm On Jun 06, 2018
"Masajid (mosques) would be grand structures but would be devoid of guidance, and the Ulama (religious scholars of islam who represent such people) would be the worst beneath the sky. From them would emerge Fitna (trials) and they would be the centers of Fitna (since they betray islam)" - Nabi Muhammad(SAW)

1 Like

Re: My heart bleeds for Islam by Akins02324(m): 11:36am On Jun 07, 2018
I was there yesterday again, the executives of the mosque were adamant and not ready to shift ground.

A lot of people who came for ITIKAF were chased out of the mosjid by the security claiming that,the instruction came from the above.

The most painful thing is, a mosque that was built by government with tax payers money supposed to be a role model for other mosques to follow but the reverse is the case.

My heart bleeds for Islam because it is very unfortunate that something like this is happening and nobody came to rescue the Umah from these ignorant people who doesn’t know the lessons that the last 10 days of Ramadan came to teach us. They took their decision outside the tenet of Islam for a worldly gain.

I will not relent and continue fighting for this cause till my last drop.

May ALLAH have mercy on us and the oppressed.

Salam Aleykum

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My heart bleeds for Islam by Razak5(m): 2:39pm On Jun 07, 2018
Inna lillah

If this true then it is by far the worst I've heard this month.

... I will say that I am that their intentions are legitimate but their actions does not tally. They shouldn't force that fee one anyone!!!

What scares me now having heard this is this- if other mosques hear that they did this successfully without any abruption then they "might" follow suit...

Salamu 'alaikum
Re: My heart bleeds for Islam by Fundamentalist: 5:31pm On Jun 07, 2018
I blame both parties
Re: My heart bleeds for Islam by Empiree: 3:00am On Jun 08, 2018
What is essence of charging fee?

To provide food during I’tikaaf 10 days or what?

If that's the case, they can simply tell everyone to bring their food.

You dont chase people out of masjid. Common now
Re: My heart bleeds for Islam by Fundamentalist: 6:04am On Jun 08, 2018
The topic of this thread is quite misleading. As someone who has participated in maintaining a mosque before I can't totally fault the mosque executive for putting such a measure . majority of the Muslim community thinks its just too easy to run a mosque not to talk of hosting occupiers for 10 days on the stretch. If you want to feel it please keep a constant vigil of cleaning your local mosque and tell how it feels .

1) The saying that food should be brought in by each individual might sound normal but in a central mosque , you would create a chaotic atmosphere in the sense that food flasks and baskets would the littering the mosque . This items such as plates , spoons , cups would take over the internal space meant for worship . The mosque would look untidy more like an eyesore in the name of eating , this is unacceptable. Whereas a climate where food is served to everyone using take away packs can easily be disposed and hence mosque maintains its normal serenity of cleanliness.

2) security : The situation in the country calls for security measures to be taken , this includes proper checking of individuals before they are admitted into the mosque. People have different intentions while some are there for worship , some other might have other intentions. This also include issuing of forms where each individual is properly identified in case of unforseen circumstance ( e.g. death)

3) overstretched facilities : How many mosques have the necessary facilities to accommodate hundreds of worshippers . I believe the mosque in question shouldn't have more than 10 toilets/bathroom. This is also unhygienic as it increase chances of spread of infections . just imagine the queue on a single toilet ,that has 400 worshippers and you can't hold the thing grin , we shouldn't forget leaving the mosque invalidates i'tikaf

4) mosque maintenance : This is one of the most difficult jobs no wonder the prophet prayed for a woman who was cleaning the mosque after her burial. Humans are very difficult to control , members of congregation hardly keep to simple mosque rules but don't joke with their home rules how ironic .

Lastly, running a mosque require finances , donating finances for mosque upkeep takes a lot of budgeting , you might be surprised how much is spent on that mosque on a monthly basis.

One thing that saddens me is that in Muslim dominated areas of Nigeria , there are mosques in every nook and crany of their areas but people still leave such places and crowd a single mosque , overstretched its facilities and blame government for the such situation

#20,000 in this buhari era is a fortune but we should still fear Allah as we spend more on frivolities but when its comes to religion we give excuses. Human beings for you kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My heart bleeds for Islam by Fundamentalist: 6:05am On Jun 08, 2018
Empiree:
"Masajid (mosques) would be grand structures but would be devoid of guidance, and the Ulama (religious scholars of islam who represent such people) would be the worst beneath the sky. From them would emerge Fitna (trials) and they would be the centers of Fitna (since they betray islam)" - Nabi Muhammad(SAW)

Please where is the proof for this statement
Re: My heart bleeds for Islam by sorextee(m): 7:36am On Jun 08, 2018
I read this comment with an open mind. And I must confess, no be lie u talk for there. It’s just like me paying 20k for church maintenance. It looks too big. But the 20k looks too small to spend in a bar. May God cleanse us and change our mindset. Amen

Fundamentalist:
The topic of this thread is quite misleading. As someone who has participated in maintaining a mosque before I can't totally fault the mosque executive for putting such a measure . majority of the Muslim community thinks its just too easy to run a mosque not to talk of hosting occupiers for 10 days on the stretch. If you want to feel it please keep a constant vigil of cleaning your local mosque and tell how it feels .

1) The saying that food should be brought in by each individual might sound normal but in a central mosque , you would create a chaotic atmosphere in the sense that food flasks and baskets would the littering the mosque . This items such as plates , spoons , cups would take over the internal space meant for worship . The mosque would look untidy more like an eyesore in the name of eating , this is unacceptable. Whereas a climate where food is served to everyone using take away packs can easily be disposed and hence mosque maintains its normal serenity of cleanliness.

2) security : The situation in the country calls for security measures to be taken , this includes proper checking of individuals before they are admitted into the mosque. People have different intentions while some are there for worship , some other might have other intentions. This also include issuing of forms where each individual is properly identified in case of unforseen circumstance ( e.g. death)

3) overstretched facilities : How many mosques have the necessary facilities to accommodate hundreds of worshippers . I believe the mosque in question shouldn't have more than 10 toilets/bathroom. This is also unhygienic as it increase chances of spread of infections . just imagine the queue on a single toilet ,that has 400 worshippers and you can't hold the thing grin , we shouldn't forget leaving the mosque invalidates i'tikaf

4) mosque maintenance : This is one of the most difficult jobs no wonder the prophet prayed for a woman who was cleaning the mosque after her burial. Humans are very difficult to control , members of congregation hardly keep to simple mosque rules but don't joke with their home rules how ironic .

Lastly, running a mosque require finances , donating finances for mosque upkeep takes a lot of budgeting , you might be surprised how much is spent on that mosque on a monthly basis.

One thing that saddens me is that in Muslim dominated areas of Nigeria , there are mosques in every nook and crany of their areas but people still leave such places and crowd a single mosque , overstretched its facilities and blame government for the such situation

#20,000 in this buhari era is a fortune but we should still fear Allah as we spend more on frivolities but when its comes to religion we give excuses. Human beings for you kiss
Re: My heart bleeds for Islam by Empiree: 8:09am On Jun 08, 2018
Fundamentalist:

Please where is the proof for this statement
(al-Baihaqi as quoted in al-Mishkat Kitab-ul ‘Ilm, chapter 3, p. 38 and Kanzul ‘Ummal, chapter 6, p. 43

https://www.letmeturnthetables.com/2011/11/ulama-murabbis-and-two-extremely-weak.html

عَنْ عَلِيٍّ قَالَ: قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ: «يُوشِكُ أَنْ يَأْتِيَ عَلَى النَّاسِ زَمَانٌ لَا يَبْقَى مِنَ الْإِسْلَامِ إِلَّا اسْمُهُ وَلَا يَبْقَى مِنَ الْقُرْآنِ إِلَّا رَسْمُهُ مَسَاجِدُهُمْ عَامِرَةٌ وَهِيَ خَرَابٌ مِنَ الْهُدَى عُلَمَاؤُهُمْ شَرُّ مَنْ تَحْتَ أَدِيمِ السَّمَاءِ مِنْ عِنْدِهِمْ تَخْرُجُ الْفِتْنَةُ وَفِيهِمْ تَعُودُ» .

(Mishkat al-Masabih 1/91 Hadith 276)

the author of Mishkat al-Masabih, Muhammad bin ‘Abdullah al-Khatib al-‘Umri (d. 741 A.H.) has quoted it from Shu’b al-Imam of al-Baihaqi.

According to Shu’b al-Iman of al-Baihaqi ‘Ali, may Allah be pleased with him, mentioned almost the same while addressing the people in Kufa. Abu Wa’il reports that he heard him saying:

يُوشِكُ أَنْ لَا يَبْقَى مِنَ الْإِِسْلَامِ إِِلَّا اسْمُهُ، وَمِنَ الْقُرْآنِ إِِلَّا رَسْمُهُ .... مَسَاجِدُكُمْ يَوْمَئِذٍ عَامِرَةٌ، وَقُلُوبُكُمْ وَأَبْدَانُكُمْ مُخَرَّبَةٌ مِنَ الْهوى، شَرُّ مَنْ تَحْتَ ظِلِّ السَّمَاءِ فُقَهَاؤُكُمْ، مِنْهُمْ تَبْدَأُ الْفِتْنَةُ، وَفِيهِمْ تَعُودُ "، فَقَامَ رَجُلٌ فَقَالَ: فَفِيمَ يَا أَمِيرَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ؟ قَالَ: " إِِذَا كَانَ الْفِقْهُ فِي رُذَّالِكُمْ وَالْفَاحِشَةُ فِي خِيَارِهِمْ، وَالْمُلْكُ فِي صِغَارِكُمْ فَعِنْدَ ذَلِكَ تَقُومُ السَّاعَةُ

(Shu’b al-Iman, Hadith 1765)

Its chain of narrator is;

Al-Baihaqi – ‘Ali bin Ahmad bin ‘Abdan – Ahmad bin Abi Hassan Yahya bin Ahmad al-Dhibbi – Hafs bin Muhammad bin Najih al-Basri – Bishr bin Mihran – Sharik bin ‘Abdullah al-Nakhai’ – al-‘Amash – Abi Wa’il – ‘Ali bin Abi Talib, may Allah be pleased with him.
Re: My heart bleeds for Islam by Empiree: 8:28am On Jun 08, 2018
Fundamentalist:

huummm, interesting. But I insist that individual should bring their own food is the best option in this case. Bringing their own food does not negate @bold
Re: My heart bleeds for Islam by Razak5(m): 11:49am On Jun 08, 2018
Was there an announcement prior to the holy month?

I understand that Ramadan is more like a guest- a very important guest - we prepare before arrival.
Re: My heart bleeds for Islam by Akins02324(m): 5:26pm On Jun 08, 2018
Fundamentalist:

There is nothing misleading in my write up brother.If you read my message very well,I am not layng emphasy on the fee collected for the ITIKAF. Those who made the arrangement and those who subcribed should be able to enjoy their money.

The mosque in question belong to the Lagos state government, both the Imam and those who work in the mosque are under payrol so the issue of cleanliness and other domestic work of the mosque should not be a measure for the denial of the people entering into the mosque for the ITIKAF.

They have the record of those who paid, and they were been given a tag, how can someone who doesn’t pay should be expecting anything from them than offering his ITIKAF and fend for himself without any hinderance.

Every Muslims have the right to observe prayer in any mosque of their choice during and after ramadan.

My major point is, why do you have to chase them out of mosque because they didn’t register for the ITIKAF ?

Your excuses are worldly excuses, let’s follow what the Quran and the sunah of the prophet (S.A.W) said. It should be a joy for the entire Muslim Umah seeing Muslims trooping our enmasse looking for the night of majesty unlike before when people were not enlightened.

May Allah be with us

1 Like

Re: My heart bleeds for Islam by Fundamentalist: 9:24pm On Jun 08, 2018
Akins02324:

There is nothing misleading in my write up brother.If you read my message very well,I am not layng emphasy on the fee collected for the ITIKAF. Those who made the arrangement and those who subcribed should be able to enjoy their money.

The mosque in question belong to the Lagos state government, both the Imam and those who work in the mosque are under payrol so the issue of cleanliness and other domestic work of the mosque should not be a measure for the denial of the people entering into the mosque for the ITIKAF.

They have the record of those who paid, and they were been given a tag, how can someone who doesn’t pay should be expecting anything from them than offering his ITIKAF and fend for himself without any hinderance.

Every Muslims have the right to observe prayer in any mosque of their choice during and after ramadan.

My major point is, why do you have to chase them out of mosque because they didn’t register for the ITIKAF ?

Your excuses are worldly excuses, let’s follow what the Quran and the sunah of the prophet (S.A.W) said. It should be a joy for the entire Muslim Umah seeing Muslims trooping our enmasse looking for the night of majesty unlike before when people were not enlightened.

May Allah be with us

Replying you who be a waste of time sad
Re: My heart bleeds for Islam by Akins02324(m): 1:24am On Jun 09, 2018
Fundamentalist:

Nothing like a waste of time. You shouldn’t have made any comment already when you know it Will be a waste of time to do so.

That means you will do the same if you happens to be in the same position.

I witnessed the mischief by myself and not hearsay. I nearly shed tears because I know the executives don’t know the implication of chasing people away from the mosque.

Let’s educate ourselves, what’s not good is not good. Islam doesn’t teach segregation.

I think this link will help.pls read

https://www.iqrasense.com/ramadan/itikaf-in-the-mosque-rules-for-itikaf.html

1 Like

Re: My heart bleeds for Islam by lanzie90: 7:13am On Jun 13, 2018
Well said @fundamentalist
Re: My heart bleeds for Islam by Alennsar(f): 11:20am On Jun 13, 2018
Fundamentalist:

Assalamualaikum brother . your points are good but it is very very wrong to chase people away from the mosque just because they didn't pay the money. their should be another means of arrangement for those who did not pay.

and remember all dis flimsy excuse might not help them out on the day of judgment because what they are doing is like sending people far away from their Lord. what about d poorest of people who have nothing but their time to serve Allah?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My heart bleeds for Islam by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 30, 2018
As long as you don't follow the path of Rosul, you will wallow in shame and tears.

Ihtikaf is to be held in just 3 � fa.

Something that Rosul has said over thousands of years ago..
Re: My heart bleeds for Islam by tintingz(m): 10:36am On Jun 30, 2018
Your heart should bleed for humanity, that's more reasonable.

1 Like

Re: My heart bleeds for Islam by Empiree: 9:46pm On Jun 30, 2018
tintingz:
Your heart should bleed for humanity, that's more reasonable.
why do you always interfere with religion when in fact, you are atheist?

His topic is in the context of the discussion

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Olabowale ,would You Prefer Your Son To Be A Martyr Or A Christian? / Is It Allow For Muslims To Kiss On Walimatul Nikkai Ceremonial Day / LAILA ILLA ALLAH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.