Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,115 members, 7,852,789 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:42 AM

I Need Help For my 2000 Model Maxima - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need Help For my 2000 Model Maxima (2006 Views)

Please Help!!! My Nissan Maxima Gear Is Not Working Properly / My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble / How Economic Is Nissan Maxima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help For my 2000 Model Maxima by ib4babes(m): 3:40am On Jun 15, 2018
Please, guys I help form Nissan Maxima 200 Model. Honestly the car has been parked for almost 2months now because of one electrician carelessness. i had a kick starter problem that required the replacement of the brush, rather than doing just that he sparked my battery head which lead to the loosing memory (as they said) and since then the security light has refused to go off so the car cannot start. Have tried more than 7-brain boxes to no avail. Meanwhile the box is the card type as the called it. Please, what can i do as i still wish to use the car, because before now i have never had any problems with the ride and loosing the kick was the first loose, nothing has been done on the too. embarassed embarassedMy people i need help
Re: I Need Help For my 2000 Model Maxima by Lexusgs430: 4:02am On Jun 15, 2018
ib4babes:
Please, guys I help form Nissan Maxima 200 Model. Honestly the car has been parked for almost 2months now because of one electrician carelessness. i had a kick starter problem that required the replacement of the brush, rather than doing just that he sparked my battery head which lead to the loosing memory (as they said) and since then the security light has refused to go off so the car cannot start. Have tried more than 7-brain boxes to no avail. Meanwhile the box is the card type as the called it. Please, what can i do as i still wish to use the car, because before now i have never had any problems with the ride and loosing the kick was the first loose, nothing has been done on the too. embarassed embarassedMy people i need help

You probably need to reprogram the immobiliser.... Has any of the Kazeem's attempted to program the immobiliser?
Re: I Need Help For my 2000 Model Maxima by lakefist(m): 5:49pm On Jun 15, 2018
ib4babes:

Its common with Nissan. If you tamper with the battery with the key inside the ignition forget it u will need to decode abi it is reprogram it. It is 5k naira if u know the programmer at most 10k.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help For my 2000 Model Maxima by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jun 15, 2018
You certainly caused an electrical breach. I presume the car has in tow disallowed communication with a scan tool. Check the ECM relay and other relevant fuses for damage. Restore the original ECM, which is still most likely intact. Feedback.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help For my 2000 Model Maxima by ib4babes(m): 8:11am On Jul 01, 2018
they have tried programming to no avail

lakefist:

Its common with Nissan. If you tamper with the battery with the key inside the ignition forget it u will need to decode abi it is reprogram it. It is 5k naira if u know the programmer at most 10k.

Re: I Need Help For my 2000 Model Maxima by ib4babes(m): 8:15am On Jul 01, 2018
it has finally responded to programming with the 10th brain box but still refused to start.
Now the current flashes on the spark plugs, the current cuts off immediately and the car is not starting.
Now someone is telling me to open up the flywheel for cleaning that i might have some dirt on the face. My pple i tire joor!!!!!!

Costee:
You certainly caused an electrical breach. I presume the car has in tow disallowed communication with a scan tool. Check the ECM relay and other relevant fuses for damage. Restore the original ECM, which is still most likely intact. Feedback.
Re: I Need Help For my 2000 Model Maxima by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 01, 2018
Post the numbers on your original brain box and those of the last (10th) brain box.
Re: I Need Help For my 2000 Model Maxima by ib4babes(m): 9:54am On Jul 28, 2018
I returned them to the people that brought them but for thr original brain box i'll check it out.
meanwhile, it has been programmed with one brain box, there is current supplies on the plugs now but the nuzzles seem to be too open and pushing in excess petrol to the burning chambers causing it not to start. am suspecting that this brain box is equally bad angry angry angry. please what do i do next guys

Costee:
Post the numbers on your original brain box and those of the last (10th) brain box.
Re: I Need Help For my 2000 Model Maxima by autologic: 10:53am On Jul 28, 2018
I doubt If you have ecu issue what you have is electrical issue ,your ecu is offline which is the reason your security flag is permanently on .
Install your old ecu back and get a professional technician and not a rewire o grin; someone skilled in reading and interpreting wiring diagram to check this for you .
Re: I Need Help For my 2000 Model Maxima by ib4babes(m): 2:46pm On Jul 28, 2018
Thanks man, but the security light now goes off with the ignition as its used to be, i mean with this last brain box but the excess fuel on the burning chamber, the plugs gets soaked

autologic:
I doubt If you have ecu issue what you have is electrical issue ,your ecu is offline which is the reason your security flag is permanently on .
Install your old ecu back and get a professional technician and not a rewire o grin; someone skilled in reading and interpreting wiring diagram to check this for you .
Re: I Need Help For my 2000 Model Maxima by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:24am On Jul 29, 2018
y not go with the advice..... u have issues and u came for advise @ the 6th brain box....... now u r at the 10th and still unwilling to take the advice.

SMH, finally maybe at the 15th ecu the car will start well.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help For my 2000 Model Maxima by ib4babes(m): 10:00am On Jul 29, 2018
the first one burnt, when open you could see the black burnt stuff like diodes and capacitors within. that was why the replacement started.
please don't get me wrong
obekediamondfuto:
y not go with the advice..... u have issues and u came for advise @ the 6th brain box....... now u r at the 10th and still unwilling to take the advice.

SMH, finally maybe at the 15th ecu the car will start well.
Re: I Need Help For my 2000 Model Maxima by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:33am On Jul 29, 2018
ib4babes:
the first one burnt, when open you could see the black burnt stuff like diodes and capacitors within. that was why the replacement started.
please don't get me wrong

oh OK, I didn't see that..... so he fried ur ecu.
u have to get a direct fitment ecu else u will still have issues with a makeshift one.
Re: I Need Help For my 2000 Model Maxima by ib4babes(m): 2:36pm On Jul 29, 2018
Honestly bros, that's the problem am having getting the direct fit.
the car came with the so called card type, because it has a kind of smart card inside. so seems not too common. i tire meen
obekediamondfuto:

oh OK, I didn't see that..... so he fried ur ecu.
u have to get a direct fitment ecu else u will still have issues with a makeshift one.
Re: I Need Help For my 2000 Model Maxima by obekediamondfuto(m): 2:39pm On Jul 29, 2018
ib4babes:
Honestly bros, that's the problem am having getting the direct fit.
the car came with the so called card type, because it has a kind of smart card inside. so seems not too common. i tire meen

do u still have access to the original ecu? if yes, there is a part no on the sticker of that ecu.... a no.. yes

post the numbers as-is, this is y u r here on nairaland.... free consultation innit? post it BRO let's take it from there
Re: I Need Help For my 2000 Model Maxima by ib4babes(m): 2:59pm On Jul 29, 2018
Thanks a lot man......i'll do that after next week please because am on duty till 7th of next month so off the house for now. But let see if my people can get it for me right away.
obekediamondfuto:

do u still have access to the original ecu? if yes, there is a part no on the sticker of that ecu.... a no.. yes

post the numbers as-is, this is y u r here on nairaland.... free consultation innit? post it BRO let's take it from there
Re: I Need Help For my 2000 Model Maxima by ib4babes(m): 3:11pm On Jul 29, 2018
This are the numbers on it with the pix, hope it helps
A56-P39 Z50 9615
obekediamondfuto:

Re: I Need Help For my 2000 Model Maxima by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 29, 2018
This is the group number you should look out for:3E A56-P39 Z50. The last four digits, 9615 designates the date of production of your car, 1999, June 15. Google the group number as you ultimately might have to buy one online.
Re: I Need Help For my 2000 Model Maxima by ib4babes(m): 8:50pm On Jul 29, 2018
Please, could you direct me on how and what exactly to search through Google.
Costee:
This is the group number you should look out for:3E A56-P39 Z50. The last four digits, 9615 designates the date of production of your car, 1999, June 15. Google the group number as you ultimately might have to buy one online.
Re: I Need Help For my 2000 Model Maxima by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:48pm On Jul 29, 2018
ib4babes:
This are the numbers on it with the pix, hope it helps
A56-P39 Z50 9615

OK pally, lemme do some scouting..... if I no fit, enough experts full ground
...no fear
...chill and have a bottle of water
Re: I Need Help For my 2000 Model Maxima by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:49pm On Jul 29, 2018
Costee:

Haaaa, the baba for the Nissan is already here.....

OK na,

or instead of trial and error, he can just give his techie there this info to guide him
Re: I Need Help For my 2000 Model Maxima by sultaan(m): 3:19am On Jul 30, 2018
All this running around without scanning is ridiculously expensive.

Multi meter and YouTube would have soled this problem in less than an hour
Re: I Need Help For my 2000 Model Maxima by ib4babes(m): 7:25am On Jul 30, 2018
Good morning My Brother, the car was scanned and before the brain replacement started. they have not really touched any other part or the wiring /electrical system. the car is even parked within my compound to be on the safe side....................................

i guess this is it https://www.ebay.com/p/00-Infiniti-i30-Nissan-Maxima-AT-ECM-ECM-ENGINE-Computer-A56-P39-Z50/1429971249

sultaan:
All this running around without scanning is ridiculously expensive.

Multi meter and YouTube would have soled this problem in less than an hour
Re: I Need Help For my 2000 Model Maxima by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 30, 2018
ib4babes:

they have not really touched any other part or the wiring /electrical system. the car is even parked within my compound to be on the safe side.

If this is the true position of the car, then do nothing further until you're able to install a good ecm that's an exact match to yours-- and that includes no further experimentation with imprecisely matched ecm.
You may post the VIN or send it to the number in my signature to enable me confirm if there was an upgraded version of your ecm.
Re: I Need Help For my 2000 Model Maxima by AutoElectNG: 8:39am On Jul 30, 2018
ib4babes:
Good morning My Brother, the car was scanned and before the brain replacement started. they have not really touched any other part or the wiring /electrical system. the car is even parked within my compound to be on the safe side....................................

i guess this is it https://www.ebay.com/p/00-Infiniti-i30-Nissan-Maxima-AT-ECM-ECM-ENGINE-Computer-A56-P39-Z50/1429971249

If and when you get the ECU and you want trustworthy hands to put you through and get your machine back on the road

Provided you don't mind paying for my coming and going I can help you solve this once and for all in association with Costee whom I have an excellent working relationship

He knows and you should know if you follow my threads that I strive to follow best practice in all affairs

For me it is the best or nothing

The Nissan overlord's input and my physical presence my be just the magic needed to resurrect your Nissan

Just giving you one more option given the confusion of the last few months

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Corolla Sport / Golf 5 ..manual, Diesel Engine. Goes For 800.. / HELP - I Have Issue With The Car I Just Bought.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.