Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,214 members, 7,853,142 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:45 AM

With M.sc., I Desperately Need A Job. SOS!!! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / With M.sc., I Desperately Need A Job. SOS!!! (3972 Views)

I Need A Job (sos Call) / Urgently In Need Of A Job..sos / Canada Desperately Looking To Fill 430,000 Vacant Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

With M.sc., I Desperately Need A Job. SOS!!! by olavictors(m): 8:37pm On Jun 29, 2018
I don't know of this is allowed on nairaland but I have to do this because I'm drowning already and I may lose my life if I can't get a quick help. I'm not begging for money but I am humbly begging for employment. I have a B.Sc. Plant Science and Biotechnology (2010) and M.Sc. Genetics (UNIBEN 2015). I am very sound with Microsoft applications, Adobe photoshop, a little of corel draw, and internet operations, I can repair computers with software problems too. I am an Associate member of ISMN. I did my IT at NACGRAB, my NYSC with Nigerian Bottling Company and I've taught Chemistry and Mathematics in two different secondary schools. I write articles and I play some bit of guitar too. I don't want to go the details of why I have to cry out on here but all I can say is I'm in a deep mess and only a job can bail me. I'm currently in Ibadan living unprintable condition. If there is anyone in this land who really needs a job to stay alive that fellow will be me. If you have any help to render, message me on edgersitler@gmail.com. Pls save my soul, I'm drowning.

1 Like

Re: With M.sc., I Desperately Need A Job. SOS!!! by dingbang(m): 8:40pm On Jun 29, 2018
Education in Nigeria is just worthless.. If someone can't get a job with a masters degree then I don't know when the person will get a job again...

5 Likes

Re: With M.sc., I Desperately Need A Job. SOS!!! by BiafranBushBoy: 8:45pm On Jun 29, 2018
While your mates are cashing out big time - foreign currencies, you dey beg for job.

Don't let me yab you!!

Mtchewwwww

4 Likes

Re: With M.sc., I Desperately Need A Job. SOS!!! by Shina500(m): 9:03pm On Jun 29, 2018
Bros, with all the set skills you highlighted above, then you dont need anybody to employ you. If you are very good with photo shop and graphics, I don't think you need anybody to employ you. Start small, go to some big churches around, go to some organizations around, ask them if they need your service. I am also a Masters holder, I started a laundry and dry cleaning business right from my room here in Ibadan and God has been faithful. You just need to start doing something on your own, create awareness, if you are good, people will definitely patronize you with time. It may not be easy at first, but gradually, you will come good. All the best Bro.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: With M.sc., I Desperately Need A Job. SOS!!! by psalms37(f): 9:08pm On Jun 29, 2018
I feel your pain as am also in the same category. The only things keeping me going are the freelance work I do, tutoring and part time teaching and believe me its been working. Maybe not enough to travel first-class but I make ends meet and take care of my family. I will advise you take your skills online and you are the go!
Take one day at a time.
Live in the present.
God is exceeding and abundantly able to meet our needs

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: With M.sc., I Desperately Need A Job. SOS!!! by czarina(f): 9:49pm On Jun 29, 2018
Previous comments have said it all. You have highly marketable skills and you should utilize them. Forget those things gracing front page every time the teeming population of individuals leaving uni by the day is way beyond what these companies can absorb. Masters is good but I believe you'd have done better for yourself if you had invested the money in a business (it may take a while to comfortably pay your bills off it but if you put your heart into it, I'm certain there would have been no regrets.) All the best

3 Likes

Re: With M.sc., I Desperately Need A Job. SOS!!! by falcon01: 10:10pm On Jun 29, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:
While your mates are cashing out big time - foreign currencies, you dey beg for job.

Don't let me yab you!!

Mtchewwwww
you are a pathetic asshole. Son of a b*tch

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: With M.sc., I Desperately Need A Job. SOS!!! by be4dem(m): 10:26pm On Jun 29, 2018
Bro. you have a lot of skills that can get you busy.Try to market yourself and gradually you will definitely meet people that needs your service. I also have Masters like you but my purpose for having it is because it would be needful in the future. I am into graphics design and also do data analysis for research works and also with N power stipends at least I am not idle but engaged in something. You can market yourself on Fiverr, upwork.com,guru.com, facebook,twitter, linkedin and on nairaland. why engaged in these things you can still be applying for Jobs. Dont give up bro. Its only the fittest that can survive in this harsh economic condition. All will surely be well

4 Likes

Re: With M.sc., I Desperately Need A Job. SOS!!! by be4dem(m): 10:31pm On Jun 29, 2018
You can also make some cash by logging in and making comments on wakanda. Join through this link http://wakanda.ng/affiliate-area/?ref=be4dem
Re: With M.sc., I Desperately Need A Job. SOS!!! by Shina500(m): 11:03pm On Jun 29, 2018
be4dem:
You can also make some cash by logging in and making comments on wakanda. Join through this link http://wakanda.ng/affiliate-area/?ref=be4dem
Sorry, why do I need to pay 1300 naira first before I can start making money?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: With M.sc., I Desperately Need A Job. SOS!!! by nelsonebby(m): 12:37am On Jun 30, 2018
Get a loan
Re: With M.sc., I Desperately Need A Job. SOS!!! by 2Banty: 2:24am On Jun 30, 2018
Take the GRE, Toefl, look for schools in the US and apply for PhD. You can get full funding too! Don’t dull and be smart!

3 Likes

Re: With M.sc., I Desperately Need A Job. SOS!!! by Nobody: 5:00am On Jun 30, 2018
olavictors:
I don't know of this is allowed on nairaland but I have to do this because I'm drowning already and I may lose my life if I can't get a quick help. I'm not begging for money but I am humbly begging for employment. I have a B.Sc. Plant Science and Biotechnology (2010) and M.Sc. Genetics (UNIBEN 2015). I am very sound with Microsoft applications, Adobe photoshop, a little of corel draw, and internet operations, I can repair computers with software problems too. I am an Associate member of ISMN. I did my IT at NACGRAB, my NYSC with Nigerian Bottling Company and I've taught Chemistry and Mathematics in two different secondary schools. I write articles and I play some bit of guitar too. I don't want to go the details of why I have to cry out on here but all I can say is I'm in a deep mess and only a job can bail me. I'm currently in Ibadan living unprintable condition. If there is anyone in this land who really needs a job to stay alive that fellow will be me. If you have any help to render, message me on edgersitler@gmail.com. Pls save my soul, I'm drowning.

Thanks for sharing

A hidden advantage of tough times is that they force you to THINK.

The best person to solve your problems is YOU.

You know your exact situation more than anyone else.

A key step in solving ANY problem is defining what the problem really is.

From what you wrote, it's not clear what you really want to achieve and you've somehow leaped to the conclusion that a job is what you need.

So start with first writing out (to yourself) in ONE short sentence what it is you really want.

Then come up with at least 3 options on how you can get what you want (you need 3 options so you can have a choice)

Don't believe the lie that you don't any choice. The only people who don't have options are lying in the morgue.

Thanks again

6 Likes

Re: With M.sc., I Desperately Need A Job. SOS!!! by BiafranBushBoy: 5:59am On Jun 30, 2018
falcon01:
you are a pathetic asshole. Son of a b*tch

That is all you can get.

Insults and likes from people like you too...

But trust me that you are gonna log of nairaland and still face reality...

Stand up and work!!!

Lazy Nigerian Youth.

2015 I did all these job begging... Till I realized that you either stand up and work or you keep begging.

Now I cash out big time. So if you like, insult me from now till next year, it isn't gonna take out shirt from my acct.
Re: With M.sc., I Desperately Need A Job. SOS!!! by BiafranBushBoy: 6:01am On Jun 30, 2018
Shina500:
Bros, with all the set skills you highlighted above, then you dont need anybody to employ you. If you are very good with photo shop and graphics, I don't think you need anybody to employ you. Start small, go to some big churches around, go to some organizations around, ask them if they need your service. I am also a Masters holder, I started a laundry and dry cleaning business right from my room here in Ibadan and God has been faithful. You just need to start doing something on your own, create awareness, if you are good, people will definitely patronize you with time. It may not be easy at first, but gradually, you will come good. All the best Bro.

Does he want to think?

Hell No!

He wants the smooth way out of poverty like they told him back at school...

Get a high paying job and become rich... Lol.

Bullocks!

1 Like

Re: With M.sc., I Desperately Need A Job. SOS!!! by femi4: 6:03am On Jun 30, 2018
olavictors:
Go and do your PhD

2 Likes

Re: With M.sc., I Desperately Need A Job. SOS!!! by ikorodureporta: 6:09am On Jun 30, 2018
These day, naija no need heavy qualifications. Most jobs now na OND cheesy because of fear of old graduates. Person with graphic & web skills is even taken ahead of MSC holder

1 Like

Re: With M.sc., I Desperately Need A Job. SOS!!! by 400billionman: 6:15am On Jun 30, 2018
olavictors:
The way people can help you is offering them something they can pay you for. Now not in a formal setting called employment or white collar but an informal setting where you innovate to survive . Make a list of Ten things you think you can do that people will be willing to pay for . you mentioned that you can fix PCs. What level Learning moderate or advanced. 90 % of Nigerians doing well today are surving on SKILLS. The basic pattern of making money has changed long ago And there is so much money in the skills industry You will be surprised at the skills I will mention now. MASON, DRIVING WELDING GENERATOR REPAIRS AUTO MECHANIC AUTO ELECTRICIAN Nobody cares about certificates or certification anymore Don't even open a retail store because most retailers don't earn up to N1k per day unless it's a Barbers shop Provisions Food store Restaurant or laundry
Re: With M.sc., I Desperately Need A Job. SOS!!! by falcon01: 6:20am On Jun 30, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

That is all you can get.

Insults and likes from people like you too...

But trust me that you are gonna log of nairaland and still face reality...

Stand up and work!!!

Lazy Nigerian Youth.

2015 I did all these job begging... Till I realized that you either stand up and work or you keep begging.

Now I cash out big time. So if you like, insult me from now till next year, it isn't gonna take out shirt from my acct.
and i guess the OP has been sleeping all these while abi?? he has reached a point where he got to beg! he might reach a point where he might steal or kill. Everybody has his limit am pretty sure he worked his ass off to still be alive not everybody is lucky as you. You gotta give him positive vibes, he might be lying but am damn sure someone is under these kinda situation.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: With M.sc., I Desperately Need A Job. SOS!!! by BiafranBushBoy: 6:24am On Jun 30, 2018
falcon01:
and i guess the OP has been sleeping all these while abi?? he has reached a point where he got to beg! he might reach a point where he might steal or kill. Everybody has his limit am pretty sure he worked his ass off to still be alive not everybody is lucky as you. You gotta give him positive vibes, he might be lying but am damn sure someone is under these kinda situation.

He is gonna beg for a job, and one capitalist will see him and employ him. His gross pay would be around 40k.

Is that his worth?

No! But he has no choice because he begged for a job.

Research has shown that good vibes never motivated anyone. So if you are waiting for any goodvibe from me, sorry I have none to give.

The only good vibe I have to give is....

If you are a writer and can work for 20k from home, hit me up!

Guten tag

2 Likes

Re: With M.sc., I Desperately Need A Job. SOS!!! by falcon01: 6:29am On Jun 30, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

He is gonna beg for a job, and one capitalist will see him and employ him. His gross pay would be around 40k.

Is that his worth?

Research has shown that good vibes never motivated anyone. So if you are waiting for any goodvibe from me, sorry I have none to give.

if you are a writer and can work for 20k from home, hit me up!

Guten tag
You've given him hope with this not only him a lot of people who will open this and see this.
Re: With M.sc., I Desperately Need A Job. SOS!!! by BiafranBushBoy: 6:30am On Jun 30, 2018
falcon01:

You've given him hope with this not only him a lot of people who will open this and see this.

But I still don't like you...

Have a nice day...

1 Like

Re: With M.sc., I Desperately Need A Job. SOS!!! by 400billionman: 6:32am On Jun 30, 2018
olavictors:
Like someone said all you may need to succeed is just soap and water Start a laundry business from home Work on your self esteem Encourage yourself and walk up to people to give you clothes to wash You may even have Electricity and pressing Iron at home yet you don't see the things you have Some people didn't have electricity for over one year now Nigerians need to change their thought pattern BILL GATES started Microsoft from a garage What is garage in Nigeria Z(CAR PARK) JEFF BEZOS started amazon from a garage We tend to overlook such stories thinking they are folk lore This simply shows that even in US there is no ready made life YOU MAKE YOUR BED YOU LIE ON IT
Re: With M.sc., I Desperately Need A Job. SOS!!! by falcon01: 6:32am On Jun 30, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

But I still don't like you...
Have a nice day...
You don't Have to. Am an asshole.

2 Likes

Re: With M.sc., I Desperately Need A Job. SOS!!! by 400billionman: 6:38am On Jun 30, 2018
czarina:
Previous comments have said it all. You have highly marketable skills and you should utilize them. Forget those things gracing front page every time the teeming population of individuals leaving uni by the day is way beyond what these companies can absorb. Masters is good but I believe you'd have done better for yourself if you had invested the money in a business (it may take a while to comfortably pay your bills off it but if you put your heart into it, I'm certain there would have been no regrets.) All the best
Invest in a SKILL not BUSINESS Nigeria has no business environment for now We have a SKILLS environment Your Capital goes down in a business today save FOOD

1 Like

Re: With M.sc., I Desperately Need A Job. SOS!!! by czarina(f): 7:13am On Jun 30, 2018
400billionman:
Invest in a SKILL not BUSINESS Nigeria has no business environment for now We have a SKILLS environment Your Capital goes down in a business today save FOOD
OK but I think you overlooked the part where he mentioned his skills. He could start up something on those "skills".
Re: With M.sc., I Desperately Need A Job. SOS!!! by Partnerbiz(f): 7:24am On Jun 30, 2018
2Banty:
Take the GRE, Toefl, look for schools in the US and apply for PhD. You can get full funding too! Don’t dull and be smart!

Could you elucidate on this please?
Re: With M.sc., I Desperately Need A Job. SOS!!! by AgentGoat: 7:24am On Jun 30, 2018
olavictors:

You have enough skills that can get you something. What I think you should be doing now is marketing yourself offline. Waka well from office to office. It won't be easy. If Ibadan is not enough. You can move to lagos.
Re: With M.sc., I Desperately Need A Job. SOS!!! by DrTims(m): 8:26am On Jun 30, 2018
Why are you not applying for lecturing job or you don't like academic jobs undecided

3 Likes

Re: With M.sc., I Desperately Need A Job. SOS!!! by kalu61(m): 8:56am On Jun 30, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

Is that his worth?

If you are a writer and can work for 20k from home, hit me up!

Guten tag
How sure are you he doesn't make more than 20k a month. Which research showed you that a positive vibe doesn't help?
l like to take a look at it.

However you gib was very harsh.
Re: With M.sc., I Desperately Need A Job. SOS!!! by BiafranBushBoy: 9:01am On Jun 30, 2018
kalu61:
How sure are you he doesn't make more than 20k a month. Which research showed you that a positive vibe doesn't help?
l like to take a look at it.

However you gib was very harsh.

If he makes more than 20k per month, then why the desperation?

An intelligent fellow would only find ways to increase his revenue via a second income... Hence, no need for this thread.

You get?

I already left the thread, I don't wana come back typing here. It gets me pissed!

1 Like

Re: With M.sc., I Desperately Need A Job. SOS!!! by captainking(m): 9:11am On Jun 30, 2018
olavictors:
with your skills set.. You should not be looking for jobs ..you can start with little.. But for me.. Since you have masters.. Go and apply for lecturing jobs.. There is no way you will not get one or multiple..

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of ICT/Oil Companies That Accept NYSC Corpers In Lagos? / Volunteer Health Worker / I Will Pay 1,000 Naira If You Can Get Me This Ebook.... I Really Need It Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.