Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,544 members, 7,840,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Winning Souls For Christ: Evangelism Vs Aggressive Marketing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Winning Souls For Christ: Evangelism Vs Aggressive Marketing (1953 Views)

Pastor Orders Female Congregants To Come To Church Without Underwear For Christ / What Have You Suffered For Christ? / Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Winning Souls For Christ: Evangelism Vs Aggressive Marketing by moneysense: 4:11pm On Jun 19, 2010
It has come to my observation the extent to which churches
will go all in the name of winning "soul" for christ.

There is a text from a church i normally receive on my phone but
i can bet you it was copied on pages of news paper because i have
never attended the church before. {This is called spamming}

Also its amazing the king of program churches will do all in the
name of getting members. One church threw it door opened
for people to watch world cup matches.

A pastor told me the order day that if you have a program{Non religion}
in your church and invite members of other churches you might
have to contend with the pastor because he might think you
want to win his members to your side.

There should be a place to draw the line between soul winning and pure marketing
when it comes to religious activities.

There should a place to draw the line
Re: Winning Souls For Christ: Evangelism Vs Aggressive Marketing by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 19, 2010
Human beings are not animals eg like chicken,goat or dog that are to be reared/caged. The church(human being) is to be fed with the scriptures. If pple arent getting what they ought to get,they have the right to move on. Our pastors are doing over syllabus by wanting to cage pple
Re: Winning Souls For Christ: Evangelism Vs Aggressive Marketing by yommyuk: 6:59pm On Jun 19, 2010
1 Corin 9:19-23
Even though I am a free man with no master, I have become a slave to all people to bring many to christ. When I was with the Jews, I lived like a Jew to bring the Jews to Christ. When I was with those who follow the Jewish law, I too lived under that law. Even though I am not subject to the law, I did this so I could bring to christ those who are under the law. When I am with the Gentiles who do not follow the Jewsih law, I live apart from that law so I can bring them to Christ. But I do not ignore the law of God; I obey the law of Christ. When I am with those who are weak, I share their weakness, for I want to bring the weak to christ. Yes, I try to find common ground with everyone, doing everything I can to save some. I do everything to spread the Good News and share in its blessing.

The key words I will use to summarised the above is below

" I will do everything within my power wisely to spread the Good News and share in its blessings with the law of Christ as my guide."

A Christain friend of mine implored me to handout the "Rhapsody of Realities" at my place of work. I politely said no, It is not allowed and will earn me the sack.
He said I was not doing the will of God to spread the Gospel. I told him "right thing to do , but wrong time and place to do it". Such act is prohibited in my terms of Employment and it will be foolish to ignore this fact. I believe in the adage of "planting ones seed on a fertile ground. It might work in Africa, but in Europe where people frown at religion, the adage "BE WISE" comes to mind.

However I can follow a work colleague to the beer palour and systematically place the book on the table, if he is interested and ask for it, surely I will oblige to hand it over.
As christians, we should aspire to be 'fishers of men', developing our own Strategy in winning souls for the kingdom. As long as it is in line with the Law of Christ.

The only concern I have about most churches nowadays is that, after catching the fish, what next? Of what use is an uncooked fish?
The fish has to be seasoned with the right ingredients and well cooked in order to acheive the real purpose it was caught in the first place.
Anything less is just a merry go round. The fish will decay, stink and be thrown away.
Re: Winning Souls For Christ: Evangelism Vs Aggressive Marketing by Jenwitemi(m): 10:09pm On Jun 19, 2010
Winning souls for the christ, or winning souls for the christianity/church/pastor combo? Two vastly different endeavors.

(1) (Reply)

An Old Woman And An Ethiest/ Islamist Who Think Miracles Dont Happen! / Be Strong In The Grace That’s In Christ Jesus / Pastor Kumuyi Live In Yabatech: Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.