Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,724 members, 7,840,822 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! - Science/Technology (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! (103951 Views)

Longest Recorded Earthquake In The History Of The World Lasted For 32 Yrs (Pics) / Earth Tremor: Hydrologists Speak On Possibility Of Earthquake In Nigeria / Major Earthquake Likely In Abuja, Kaduna, Ogun, Oyo, Bayelsa – NASRDA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by lakesider(m): 10:02am On Sep 06, 2018
Awoo88:

Coastal area are not the only place sucestable to earthquake. Forget the rock you see, over sixty percent of Abuja is sitting on a sedementery setting. Earthquake can happen in Abuja if there is a fault beneath the underline setting.

I will say it again.. From deep research that has been done by scientist and very intensive research lately done by me and my colleagues.. Earthquake is very very very far from Nigeria. Thanks
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by Dwhyte(m): 10:06am On Sep 06, 2018
Danma:
It even came late,,, that was not an earthquake. It is thunder,,, thunder is about to fire all that thief politicians in Abuja
It is called Polithiefcians

1 Like

Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by Dwhyte(m): 10:07am On Sep 06, 2018
lakesider:

I will say it again.. From deep research that has been done by scientist and very intensive research lately done by me and my colleagues.. Earthquake is very very very far from Nigeria. Thanks
My dear you are right?
Cox its Epicenter is very distant from Nigeria..
Mind you, this is not California where the earthquake is sitting beneath
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by YomiGaius: 10:08am On Sep 06, 2018
Nigeria is not shielded from earth tremors and quakes as some (even Scientists) ignorantly opined.

Nigeria is "not Aseismic", though not on the very active plate boundaries and earthquake zones of the world.

There are reports from Saki and Oke ogun areas of Oyo state in 2016; Ijebu - Ode and Oyo area towns in 2000 and 2009... There are current ongoing research efforts though not as intensive as it is supposed to be in averagely standard conditions.

Don't rule out the possibility of destructive, deadly and catastrophic grades of earthquakes in Nigeria. It has been long predicted by an OAU Ile - Ife researcher and Professor who is one of those championing earthquake research in Nigeria.

But, there is a need to confirm the Abuja report first.
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by YomiGaius: 10:21am On Sep 06, 2018
lakesider:

@lakesider,
I am so surprised at your audacious assertions.

What type(s) of Data sets and how many type of Data sets did you use Sir/Ma?

What is the strength of the seismic network stations in Nigeria like? How many real time seismic (teleseismic) Data acquisition stations that make up the network are presently working onshore Nigeria?

I am interested in the research Sir. Can we further our discussion please? Can I have your email or contact?

My email is yomigaius@yahoo.com
You may please contact me.
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by enonche85(m): 10:36am On Sep 06, 2018
Qsscruz:
Behind Aso rock and you aint throwing a party? I hope there is a NEC meeting going on in there. That way we have solved our problem at a time. Maybe nature actually wants to help implement the not too young to run bill. We are fed up with old wines in new bottles all the time.

U think those useless people will still be at Aso Rock when something like dis is happening?.
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by YomiGaius: 10:37am On Sep 06, 2018
SpatialKing:

Are you very good with GIS precisely ArcGIS software.

@spatial King,

I am a Geophysicist. I have Researched on some past seismic events in Nigeria using ArcGIS software.

My email is yomigaius@yahoo.com.
Can we connect please?
Thank you.
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 06, 2018
nurshah:

Not necessarily.sir,its not possible for eceryne to be on the same reasoning as others ....a lot actually simply just don't feel Buhari is doing a good job.its obvious that econimc hardship has worsened .this isn't a lie I personally have nothing against Buhari bit I feel its not possible for APC to sell to the north that Buhari is the messiah and only capable hands ..not possible
I think Buhari should step aside based on age ,health and capability

You are wrong. Any high number of likes is from Igbos frustrated & embittered elements not from northern elements except extremely few minutes people from Ilorin supporting Saraki. Kwankwaso, Tambuwal & others in PDP will never wish plane conveying PMB should crash as expressed severally on Nairaland. No Northerner would ever wish that earthquakes should happen at Abuja.

Jimi Agbaje or Bode George would never wish that Tsunami or Ocean surge swallow the entire Lagos Island because APC is in power in Lagos.

The bitterness of Igbos is much. We all know Saraki spiritual attack finished its work and PMB is alive. Now, Oshiomhole a very strong man has come. He is now contending with double forces which weakened him
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by Awoo88: 11:07am On Sep 06, 2018
lakesider:

Google earthquake in Nigeria. Kaduna to be precise
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by Mryacks: 12:08pm On Sep 06, 2018
True. Felt a strong tremble around that time in wuse 2 area. Some even thought it was a bomb that exploded somewhere.
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by boyjo: 12:27pm On Sep 06, 2018
olaola45:
We are receiving reports of possible earthquakes around Mpape area in Abuja.

Earthquake or bomb going off?
This is what Lagosians thought when the Ikeja Cantonment Bombs going off.
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by Oponel1962: 12:34pm On Sep 06, 2018
I pray it's not going to be in poor people's area
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by Qsscruz(m): 1:19pm On Sep 06, 2018
BabaO2:
samething will consume you if at all you get there.

Indeed..I would get there but not as an old man that your bubu is..I am educated too and not like your god who is a totalitarian and has only nepa bill to show..
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by Qsscruz(m): 1:26pm On Sep 06, 2018
semyman:

You can have the party when it happens in your ancestral home with the care givers and those responsible for operating the baby factory in a meeting sharing the money from your sale

Care givers and baby factory operators selling a grown man? You are simply devoid of any iota of common sense. A vivid hallmark for those that support Buhari..
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by oolorii(f): 3:17pm On Sep 06, 2018
SpatialKing:
What did you study?
Political Science.
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by NiggasInParis: 3:55pm On Sep 06, 2018
Mac2016:

Bro, na Mpappe you dey live? shocked. You try...
I've never been to a crazier settlement on earth than that place...

LOL, @''crazier settlement on earth''
No. I stay in Maitama and was home all through yesterday..
From Maitama upward is Abuja north. Mpape is just a drive from here

also there is no part of abj i have never been due to the nature
of my work plus i'm a thorough northern breed
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by lastempero: 3:56pm On Sep 06, 2018
This could have solved the problem bedevilling Nigeria had it been it divided aso rock into two as their new meeting was going on.
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by NiggasInParis: 3:59pm On Sep 06, 2018
ThinkSmarter:
what some people failed to understand is that the rocks we have now were all formed as a result of molten magma that erupted few centuries ago, and they are bound to happen in the future.
asorock=igneous rock[product of volcanic eruptions].
the underground rocks is in molten state and choose to explode when it feels like.

Correctly said.

1 Like

Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by coolgweezy(m): 8:22pm On Sep 06, 2018
It has started again. Just felt another one this evening. God help us oooooooooo
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by coolgweezy(m): 6:25am On Sep 07, 2018
Series of tremors just occured again this morning. Experienced around nicon junction side.
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by Slayar: 6:51am On Sep 07, 2018
Krystalzkris:
Earthquake? My geography teacher lied. He said Nigeria can't have earthquakes. Global warming maybe. I hope it's just a farce. We can't deal

Your geography teacher didn't lie,he's right.The Earth tremor that happened in Abuja was caused by constant Rock blasting and quarrying going on in surrounding areas. Its man made.
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by suyamasta(m): 8:43am On Sep 07, 2018
Slayar:

Your geography teacher didn't lie,he's right.The Earth tremor that happened in Abuja was caused by constant Rock blasting and quarrying going on in surrounding areas. Its man made.
A major earthquake in fiji is said to be the cause as Abuja is diametrically opposite fiji and simultaneous earthquake occurrences around countries in the ring of fire could play a major role in this
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by Slayar: 8:58am On Sep 07, 2018
suyamasta:
A major earthquake in fiji is said to be the cause as Abuja is directly opposite fiji and we are around the ring of fire

You don't know why you're talking about.Abuja that's composed of basements complex rocks.Abuja is nowhere near the ring of fire.

Ring of fire covers areas such as Indonesia,Japan ,java and Sumatra etc
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by silverluci(f): 9:10am On Sep 07, 2018
Jusr saw this online today...

Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by suyamasta(m): 9:30am On Sep 07, 2018
Slayar:

You don't know why you're talking about.Abuja that's composed of basements complex rocks.Abuja is nowhere near the ring of fire.

Ring of fire covers areas such as Indonesia,Japan ,java and Sumatra etc
Sorry I meant to emphasize how we are diametrically opposite Fiji and how simultaneous earthquake occurrences around countries in the ring of fire could play a major role in this

Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by suyamasta(m): 9:43am On Sep 07, 2018
silverluci:
Jusr saw this online today...
Lol this is not good enough at least an immediate scientific research should be carried out to properly ascertain what caused the earth tremors which are minor earthquakes, not just sitting in the office and tell everybody to calm down
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by PrettySleek(f): 10:14am On Sep 08, 2018
Neimar:

I will find u wherever u are and propose to you grin
Lol good luck with that, am hard to find
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by PrettySleek(f): 10:15am On Sep 08, 2018
BrokenCock:
PrettySleek kindly close eye gimi ur nos so we fit start serious romance wey go make our wedding invitation hit nairaland FP
Lol this is weird grin
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by BrokenCock: 11:00am On Sep 08, 2018
PrettySleek:

Lol this is weird grin
i swear, it is but... Eho knows what the future holds nauu...ok here is a group, just me n u. This is d only way I cud send my nos or get urs.

Pls, kindly click;
https:///2X4HR5F6SXD1mJIpjg1TPK
Re: Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! by LastDays777: 6:16pm On Sep 08, 2018
Holiegrail2:
my goodness, I felt dis weird vibration today at home ooo and was wondering.
so true!

Which area

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Snake Refuses To Come Out After Man Swallowed It During Magic Stunt. Photos / 110-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur's Last Meal Found Preserved In It's Stomach (Pics) / Sloth Caught In My School Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.