Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,360 members, 7,839,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Help! He Stools Blood. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! He Stools Blood. (1791 Views)

Help He Wants To Commit Suicide Because Of A Female Brest Growing On His Chest / Pls Help! He Needs A Liver Transplant Due To Chronic Liver Failure(clf) / Help, He Is Azospermia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! He Stools Blood. by LOVE4BUG(f): 2:38pm On Jul 01, 2010
pls doctors in the house a little boy of 5yrs have been stooling blood since he was 2yrs old each time he eats and proteinious food. recently he is developing what looks like pile that comes out when he is stooling and gos in as soon as he stands up. cry cry cry cry

pls how can it be stoped. becos he cannot take Golden morn, Beans, Tea, etc.

PLS HELP HIM cry cry cry cry
Re: Help! He Stools Blood. by iice(f): 4:09pm On Jul 01, 2010
If he cannot eat those. . .why are they still being given to him?
Re: Help! He Stools Blood. by LadyDee1(f): 8:52pm On Jul 01, 2010
If he has developed piles as you stated i advise you vary his diet.
The piles have formed in the first place from a high protein/carb diet and very low fibre intake causing constipation.

Try and reduce his carbohydrate and protein intake e.g. potatoe, yam, bread etc and increase his fibre intake.
This will help his bowl movements and his stools will be much softer which will help in reducing the blood in his stools.

Blood in his stools are usually due to him straining causing the blood vessels in the haemmorroids to rupture and bleed.

If the bleeding persists please take him to a doctor who can offer alternative treatment e.g. suppositoriies or oral medication,
Re: Help! He Stools Blood. by dominique(f): 9:16pm On Jul 01, 2010
what have his parents been doing about for the past 3 years, has he not been taken to a doctor?
Re: Help! He Stools Blood. by LOVE4BUG(f): 8:35am On Jul 02, 2010
dominique:

what have his parents been doing about for the past 3 years, has he not been taken to a doctor?

he has been taking to hospital and all they gave was antibiotics, flagil and paracetamol then some injections but it stil happens from time to time.
Re: Help! He Stools Blood. by LOVE4BUG(f): 8:41am On Jul 02, 2010
Lady Dee:

If he has developed piles as you stated i advise you vary his diet.
The piles have formed in the first place from a high protein/carb diet and very low fibre intake causing constipation.

Try and reduce his carbohydrate and protein intake e.g. potatoe, yam, bread etc and increase his fibre intake.
This will help his bowl movements and his stools will be much softer which will help in reducing the blood in his stools.

Blood in his stools are usually due to him straining causing the blood vessels in the haemmorroids to rupture and bleed.

If the bleeding persists please take him to a doctor who can offer alternative treatment e.g. suppositoriies or oral medication,

potatoe, yam, bread are the things he likes eating and then there will be no blood in his stool. each time he eats things like Golden morn, Beans, Tea. he will always complain of stomach pains in the process of eating.

pls what are the fibers plsssssssssssssss cry cry cry
Re: Help! He Stools Blood. by whiteroses(f): 8:13pm On Jul 02, 2010
LOVE.4BUG:

potatoe, yam, bread are the things he likes eating and then there will be no blood in his stool. each time he eats things like Golden morn, Beans, Tea. he will always complain of stomach pains in the process of eating.

then stop giving hin goodmoring and beans abi, i'm praying for the mother must be really hard watching your child suffer like that, but why is the same condition still there from 3 years ago? what are the chances that it wont continue i think you should remind God everyday for perfect healing. buh people nor fear oh! blood as stool shocked i say they apply for health visa tingy and get proffesinal help abroad isreal, america wherever the child needs help
Re: Help! He Stools Blood. by aieromon(m): 8:27pm On Jul 02, 2010
Has he undergone an occult blood test?I say this 'cos i wonder why antibiotics were prescribed in the first place.
Re: Help! He Stools Blood. by whiteroses(f): 8:45pm On Jul 02, 2010
aieromon:

Has he undergone an occult blood test?I say this 'cos i wonder why antibiotics were prescribed in the first place.
actually most complex treatment usually follow antibiotics, blood residue in stomach could decay and infect him, blood should not be in large quantity in stomach like that
Re: Help! He Stools Blood. by aieromon(m): 8:37am On Jul 03, 2010
@whiteroses
I see no reason why the kid should be given regular dosage of mild antibiotics when a test wasn't carried out to identify any underlying infection.Afterall,the bloody stool seems to be diet-related.
This is poor child care management since it has been occurring for more than two years now.
Re: Help! He Stools Blood. by LadyDee1(f): 1:19pm On Jul 06, 2010
aieromon:

@whiteroses
I see no reason why the kid should be given regular dosage of mild antibiotics when a test wasn't carried out to identify any underlying infection.Afterall,the bloody stool seems to be diet-related.
This is poor child care management since it has been occurring for more than two years now.

I completely agree with you, this is poor child care management and misuse ofr antibiotics, angry
Even if he has an infection, the antibiotics will be useless now since the virus/bacteria is already multiplied into a more resistant strain, sad

@ OP try and encourage him to eat more fruit and vegetables e.g. orange, banana, carrots and for more fibrous foods give hime weetabix (whole grain wheats cereal)

this should keep him regular and help his bowel movements, his stools will be much easier to pass and much softer wink
Re: Help! He Stools Blood. by LadyDee1(f): 1:26pm On Jul 06, 2010
LOVE.4BUG:

OP it may be an idea to stop giving him certain foods such as the golden morn and beans, monitor his eating habits and bowel movements to see if it stops, then gradually you can reintroduce certain foods but moderatly. smiley
Beans is high in protein which is causing the stomach pains and constipation,
Re: Help! He Stools Blood. by Vindy: 3:43pm On Jul 06, 2010
Wat a pity.
Re: Help! He Stools Blood. by EEngineer1(m): 10:54pm On Jul 06, 2010
LOVE.4BUG:

i strongly advise that you do some online research on the useful fibres, even as you take time to come to NL, please use this time to do research on google to get reasonable answers,
please act fast, this is a child we are talking of
Re: Help! He Stools Blood. by LOVE4BUG(f): 9:44am On Jul 07, 2010
E-Engineer:

i strongly advise that you do some online research on the useful fibres, even as you take time to come to NL, please use this time to do research on google to get reasonable answers,
please act fast, this is a child we are talking of

thanks i will
Re: Help! He Stools Blood. by Fruit4me: 9:59pm On Mar 27
Same issues I’m having. Pls how is he now?

(1) (Reply)

Accutane - Where Can I Get It In Lagos / Why Do People Spit When They Smell Something Irritating? / Poverty-stricken Boy Forced To Suck Dog’s Breast Milk For Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.