Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,560 members, 7,840,326 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

BREAKING! Federal Government Appeals To Nigerians In Diaspora To Return Home - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING! Federal Government Appeals To Nigerians In Diaspora To Return Home (597 Views)

Iberekodo Dam: Ogun State Government Appeals For Patience As Work Continues / EXCLUSIVE: Four Years After, Ex-nigerian Minister Set To Return Home From Exile / APC UK Appeals To Buhari NOT To Attend The Presidential Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING! Federal Government Appeals To Nigerians In Diaspora To Return Home by Kingsmeal: 3:03pm On Sep 07, 2018
The Federal Government has appealed to Nigerians in the diaspora to return home and help build the Nigeria of everybody’s dream, assuring them that things are changing in the country.

Minister of Science and Technology, Dr Ogbonnaya Onu, made the appeal at a series of Town Hall meetings with Nigerians in the United State where he told them that old ways of doing things are now giving way to new ways. The minister was in the U.S. to sensitise diaspora Nigerians on the Presidential Executive Order V signed by President Buhari in February, to improve local content in public procurement with science, engineering and technology components.

The Order is expected to promote the application of science, technology and innovation towards achieving Nigeria’s development goals across all sectors of her economy.

The minister said:

“Please we want you to return home, it is important. Not everybody will return but some can start coming home, and that’s the essence. We are telling you that things are changing in Nigeria, this is the message, that’s why I’m here.

I heard all the complaints people will do this and nobody responds and all that and so on; yes, these are things that happened in the past and we can’t correct these things just overnight. This is the truth, there is no way you can make these changes and then make the corrections and all that overnight. But the important thing is that there is a change”.

Onu appealed to the Nigerians to make a patriotic decisions about their country, saying “we can’t all be waiting until everything is okay in Nigeria before we can return home”.

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/breaking-federal-government-appeals-to-nigerians-in-diaspora-to-return-home/

cc: Lalasticlala dominique Mynd44

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! Federal Government Appeals To Nigerians In Diaspora To Return Home by Acjohn(m): 3:09pm On Sep 07, 2018
Make una no greeooo. Some beautiful offers are trap

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! Federal Government Appeals To Nigerians In Diaspora To Return Home by hisgrace090: 3:11pm On Sep 07, 2018
Things are changing while hunger is at increase.
Re: BREAKING! Federal Government Appeals To Nigerians In Diaspora To Return Home by freeze001(f): 3:13pm On Sep 07, 2018
Is this some kinda practical joke or wha?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! Federal Government Appeals To Nigerians In Diaspora To Return Home by Ojiofor: 3:16pm On Sep 07, 2018
If I hear!
Na thunder,make I hold my peace first.
Re: BREAKING! Federal Government Appeals To Nigerians In Diaspora To Return Home by donk552(m): 3:18pm On Sep 07, 2018
Return to hell because Nigeria is a hell
Re: BREAKING! Federal Government Appeals To Nigerians In Diaspora To Return Home by Davash222(m): 3:20pm On Sep 07, 2018
To return home and do what

People wey dey home de plan move commot sef undecided
Re: BREAKING! Federal Government Appeals To Nigerians In Diaspora To Return Home by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 07, 2018
Kingsmeal:
The Federal Government has appealed to Nigerians in the diaspora to return home and help build the Nigeria of everybody’s dream, assuring them that things are changing in the country.

Minister of Science and Technology, Dr Ogbonnaya Onu, made the appeal at a series of Town Hall meetings with Nigerians in the United State where he told them that old ways of doing things are now giving way to new ways. The minister was in the U.S. to sensitise diaspora Nigerians on the Presidential Executive Order V signed by President Buhari in February, to improve local content in public procurement with science, engineering and technology components.

The Order is expected to promote the application of science, technology and innovation towards achieving Nigeria’s development goals across all sectors of her economy.

The minister said:

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/breaking-federal-government-appeals-to-nigerians-in-diaspora-to-return-home/

cc: Lalasticlala dominique Mynd44
Anyway, there is sense in nonsense. grin grin

cc lzaa onyeoga pointzerom gmbuharii greenback roger3d, sarrki sarkin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING! Federal Government Appeals To Nigerians In Diaspora To Return Home by pat1612(m): 3:21pm On Sep 07, 2018
An ordinary apapa road that you people are constructing since year is not even half done. Apart from that charges of port shipping and haulage has increase by 400% on average.
So u want all tht poeple to come and work on road that small streatch tht could be completed in months is taking years angry
Re: BREAKING! Federal Government Appeals To Nigerians In Diaspora To Return Home by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 07, 2018
When I advised my younger cousin few hours to leave Nigeria and seek for foreign assylum in Germany or Norway.
Re: BREAKING! Federal Government Appeals To Nigerians In Diaspora To Return Home by SalamRushdie: 3:23pm On Sep 07, 2018
Currently Nigeria under Buhari is worse than hell so I don't advice anyone in diaspora to heed this advise
Re: BREAKING! Federal Government Appeals To Nigerians In Diaspora To Return Home by fulaniHERDSman(m): 3:27pm On Sep 07, 2018
Demonic advice
Re: BREAKING! Federal Government Appeals To Nigerians In Diaspora To Return Home by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 07, 2018
One Nigeria is crime against humanity.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! Federal Government Appeals To Nigerians In Diaspora To Return Home by clarocuzioo(m): 3:37pm On Sep 07, 2018
Please ooo, my brothers in diaspora, do not, I repeat, do not heed to this advice, Nigeria is hell on earth.
Go to VSF office in Ikate and see the No. Of people struggling to leave this hell on daily basis.
Please stay abroad and fulfill your destinies in life.
Re: BREAKING! Federal Government Appeals To Nigerians In Diaspora To Return Home by gaby(m): 3:42pm On Sep 07, 2018
Hmmm...self-induced deportation.

Make una go pack dem come home na??

Bullocks

Enjoy my siggy
Re: BREAKING! Federal Government Appeals To Nigerians In Diaspora To Return Home by Sarrakii: 3:58pm On Sep 07, 2018
FIRSTLY THEY SHOULD START BY BRINGING THERE CHILDREN BACK TO SCHOOL IN NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! Federal Government Appeals To Nigerians In Diaspora To Return Home by gasparpisciotta: 4:04pm On Sep 07, 2018
Appeal my foot, when the condition that drove them away in the first place has gone from bad to worse.
Re: BREAKING! Federal Government Appeals To Nigerians In Diaspora To Return Home by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 07, 2018
There is no need for an appeal. This APC na wa. People will return when they see things are better and there are opportunities for a better life in Nigeria.
Re: BREAKING! Federal Government Appeals To Nigerians In Diaspora To Return Home by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 07, 2018
Uchu gbakwaa unu there.....the only thing bringing me to the zoo is REFERENDUM
Re: BREAKING! Federal Government Appeals To Nigerians In Diaspora To Return Home by Horus(m): 5:26pm On Sep 07, 2018
Nigerian medical practitioners in the diaspora are willing to relocate to Nigeria if the Federal Government can provide incentives for them
Re: BREAKING! Federal Government Appeals To Nigerians In Diaspora To Return Home by capatainrambo: 5:38pm On Sep 07, 2018
so that. you will send Libyan after them abi
Re: BREAKING! Federal Government Appeals To Nigerians In Diaspora To Return Home by biggie73(m): 5:42pm On Sep 07, 2018
Only crazy people will return to Nigeria.
Re: BREAKING! Federal Government Appeals To Nigerians In Diaspora To Return Home by naijaking1: 9:46pm On Sep 07, 2018
Buhari's Nigeria is hell for Igbos first, Yorubas second, then Hausas when desert reach the Atlantic ocean. It's coming!

(1) (Reply)

Apst Suleman N1b Suit: Fear Grips Sowore As Court Is Set To Pass Judgment Nov 6 / Osun Rerun: Commotion In Osogbo Unit Over Gunshots / Violence Mars Gombe PDP Governorship Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.