Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,217 members, 7,836,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary (37371 Views)

Godswill Akpabio Wins Akwa Ibom North-West Senate Seat / Akpabio Visits Udoedehe And Obong Nsima Ekere / Nsima Ekere Presented With Guns And Knives During Rally In Akwa Ibom. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary by CilicMarin: 4:46pm On Oct 01, 2018
Nsima Ekere, the Managing Director of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), has been declared the winner of the governorship primary of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Akwa Ibom State.

The primary, conducted on Sunday, had a former minister of the Federal Capital Territory, John Udoedehe, a former NDDC MD, Bassey Dan-Abia, and a businessman, Edet Effretuei, contesting against Mr Ekere.
The Chairman of the primary committee, Yamah Momoh, who addressed the press on Monday at the state secretariat of APC in Uyo, said Mr Ekere emerged the winner, having scored the highest number of valid votes among the aspirants.

Mr Momoh said the primary was generally peaceful, free and fair across the state.
“The original result sheets and all other election materials were released to all the 31 local government areas,” Mr Momoh said, adding that election did not take place only in Uyo local government area.

Mr Ekere, he said, scored 160, 458 across the state, out of 167, 896 votes, while his closest rival, Mr Dan-Abia had 4, 189 votes.
The committee said Mr. Udoedehe and Mr Effretuei had 2,015 and 1,234 votes respectively.

Mr Momoh said his committee received two complaints, but that it was not within their power to look into complaint emanating from the exercise.

An appeal committee would look into the complaints, he said.

The APC Chairman in the state, Ini Okopido, said the primary was one of the fairest and the freest primaries he has ever witnessed in the state.

Mr Ekere was the only governorship aspirant present at the press briefing.

In his acceptance speech, Mr Ekere thanked the party members for voting “massively” for him. He said the victory belongs to every member of APC in the state and that he was going to embark immediately on the process of “healing the wounds within the party”.
Mr Ekere said the APC will work hard to win the state from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in 2019.

A former petroleum minister, Don Etiebet, and the Managing Director, Oil and Gas Free Trade Zone Authority, Umana Umana, were among the APC leaders present at the press briefing.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/287706-nddc-chief-nsima-ekere-wins-akwa-ibom-apc-governorship-primary.html

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary by CilicMarin: 4:46pm On Oct 01, 2018
While APC is electing and selecting the best candidates as their Standard Bearers, PDP Is busy churning out crooks, looters, Murderers and 85 year olds as their candidates.

When the election proper comes, and the electorates start returning APC candidates as winners, PDP will cry rigging and start writing Donald Trump, UN, FIFA, EU and Theresa May. grin

124 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary by JudasNaCarrot: 4:50pm On Oct 01, 2018
I'm not surprised that APC members said a primary election where humans were killed like chicken is free and fair without violence..... I'm not surprised at all. After all Cows are more valued more than human lives in this Satanic Janj'aweed terrorist cult of a party.

All of you bringing this sorrows, tears and death to the people because of your selfish interest will never go unpunished be it now or in the future.

93 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 4:52pm On Oct 01, 2018
grin Anyone way come go chop am grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary by senatordave1(m): 4:54pm On Oct 01, 2018
Wow,the next governor of akwa ibom emerges.with this,buhari cant poll less than 200,000 in akwa ibom.even akpanudoedehe will win udom,you need to see the crowd he pulled during his declaration

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 01, 2018
When Udom is done frying this one, he turn from "Ekere" to "Kpekere".

Hope Enang's nose has stopped bleeding

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary by JudasNaCarrot: 5:03pm On Oct 01, 2018
senatordave1:
Wow,the next governor of akwa ibom emerges.with this,buhari cant poll less than 200,000 in akwa ibom.even akpanudoedehe will win udom,you need to see the crowd he pulled during his declaration
See your life....

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 01, 2018
The Man that scored 2015.

Why do I feel he worked with Jonathan during the last elections.

APC are some vindictive Cultists. According to Andy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary by mrvitalis(m): 5:18pm On Oct 01, 2018
I dare anyone let's stand in uyo plaza and take a pole of 100 people nsima Vs udom

If udom wins you get 100k

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary by Masama: 5:20pm On Oct 01, 2018
All this stress, Just to go and lose to udom

6 Likes

Re: Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary by yaki84: 5:30pm On Oct 01, 2018
mrvitalis:
I dare anyone let's stand in uyo plaza and take a pole of 100 people nsima Vs udom

bros go ur state go do poll btw uche nwosu n madumere. if uche wins u enter ashi joint fvck as u like i will pay.
leave akwaibom mata for akwaibomites

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary by gentlegenius(m): 5:43pm On Oct 01, 2018
Lalasticlala is this true?

But honestly speaking, I am not a member of APC, but I must say this truth: The direct primaries conducted by the APC in Akwa Ibom and some other states is highly commendable. It was a delight for me to see the common people in the village participating in selecting a candidate for their party unlike the PDP that ignores the common people in the party and choose a few delegates who goes there to vote for the candidate that pays the highest amount of money. Whoever these few money hungry delegates chooses, the party will expect all their members to vote for people they didn't participate in selecting. This to me is the height of democratic fraud, yet PDP believes so much in this kind of politics - the politics of ignoring the masses and working with a few. I commend the APC so much for this, even if the figures we saw here are manipulated, the people here in the grassroot are happy that at least they were recognized.
Congratulations to Nsima... It was clear to everyone from the day he declared interest that the ticket belongs to him. He is the only one Udom and the entire PDP fears most.
As a man from my local government, I strongly wish Nsima a successful outing at next year's polls.

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary by mrvitalis(m): 5:47pm On Oct 01, 2018
yaki84:

bros go ur state go do poll btw uche nwosu n madumere. if uche wins u enter ashi joint fvck as u like i will pay.
leave akwaibom mata for akwaibomites

Without people like me akwa ibom would be dead... You know how much I have invested in this state?

Please go and sit down

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary by kunle75(m): 6:01pm On Oct 01, 2018
CilicMarin:
While APC electing and selecting the best candidates as their Standard Bearer, PDP Is busy churning out crooks, looters, Murderers and 85 year olds as their candidates.

When the election proper comes, and the electorates start returning APC candidates as winners, PDP will cry rigging and start writing Donald Trump, UN, FIFA, EU and Theresa May. grin

You're very funny, U forgot to mention UEFA,PGA tour,EPL self

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary by Omeokachie: 6:06pm On Oct 01, 2018
How many people did the bingo bite this time around?

1 Like

Re: Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary by meforyou1(m): 6:08pm On Oct 01, 2018
Akwa ibom belongs to PDP. No vacancy in the govt house

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary by OYAY(m): 6:15pm On Oct 01, 2018
But Akpanuoedhe has come a long way with the progressives, why he had not got his governorship aspiration right is something else nevertheless let the best person emerges.

2 Likes

Re: Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 01, 2018
Ok
Re: Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary by bettercreature(m): 6:44pm On Oct 01, 2018
meforyou1:
Akwa ibom belongs to PDP. No vacancy in the govt house
grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary by Wikinaija(m): 6:44pm On Oct 01, 2018
Re: Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 01, 2018
senatordave1:
why do u reason so dumb,mr everybody yhu see in any political rally are paid.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary by Kidspirit(m): 6:44pm On Oct 01, 2018
Check my signature
Re: Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary by englishmart(m): 6:45pm On Oct 01, 2018
Another failure.

1 Like

Re: Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary by Princedapace(m): 6:47pm On Oct 01, 2018
Lives lost, politicians move on..

If u dont have sense, go and be fighting for politicians in Nigeria.

Their families are far away in developed worlds: Europe..

Any ways, check out my profile if u are interested in learning freelancing.. I have a thread on that.

1 Like

Re: Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary by BeardedMeat(m): 6:47pm On Oct 01, 2018
Lol

Nsima is a serial contester and a serial looser. Where's his co-looser Umana Umana? Surprised he didn't contest this time around.
Re: Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary by Shampoo77: 6:48pm On Oct 01, 2018
I pity those who will go and queue to vote a party that never believed in democracy and elections.
Re: Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary by BeardedMeat(m): 6:50pm On Oct 01, 2018
senatordave1:
You know you are lying right?
Re: Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 01, 2018
Congrats To Nsima 4 Winning Apc Ticket But He Can't Win even in ikot abasi talkless of getting d ibibio votes, i love good opposition so dat our leaders will be serious with governance. #udom all d way cause him na man wey sabi

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary by Exponental(m): 6:51pm On Oct 01, 2018
A P Cheat!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary by Bennycollins: 6:51pm On Oct 01, 2018
Chill up, election is not to far away.
mrvitalis:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DSS Finally Releases Nnamdi Kanu For Medical Examination / "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege / Oyinbo Lady Calls For Dino Melaye’s Release, Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.