Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,588 members, 7,840,407 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Brand New Hyundai Elantra Or 2000/2001 Toyota Camry (which Do I Go 4 Pls?) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Brand New Hyundai Elantra Or 2000/2001 Toyota Camry (which Do I Go 4 Pls?) (2913 Views)

Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. / Market Price For Brand New Hyundai Elantra - 2011/2012 Model / Toyota Corolla Dx Or Golf 4-pls Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brand New Hyundai Elantra Or 2000/2001 Toyota Camry (which Do I Go 4 Pls?) by zenith2k9: 6:42pm On Jul 13, 2010
Dear Nairalanders, i seriously need your advice on whether to go for a brand new Hyundai Elantra or a 2000/2001 Toyota Camry (Tokunbo). The cash i have can buy any of the two options above but need advice from people on which to go for as well as the reasons for ur choice please. I don't want to make a decision i will regret.
Re: Brand New Hyundai Elantra Or 2000/2001 Toyota Camry (which Do I Go 4 Pls?) by Fhemmmy: 6:55pm On Jul 13, 2010
As long as you are not buying the lemon sold by some Nigerian Dealers . . . . I will advice you get the brand new Elantra.
Peace of mind for a while.
Good on gas.
Warranty, I am sure.
Re: Brand New Hyundai Elantra Or 2000/2001 Toyota Camry (which Do I Go 4 Pls?) by Exponental(m): 7:01pm On Jul 13, 2010
it depends on the type of use. a new car will serve u better if all u need is mobility. if u need a car dat is rogged that can stand the test of time, probably u travel a lot or u shuttle around bad roads, the camry will be recommended provided it is a first class tokunbo. but nothing like a new car!
Re: Brand New Hyundai Elantra Or 2000/2001 Toyota Camry (which Do I Go 4 Pls?) by zenith2k9: 7:02pm On Jul 13, 2010
@Fhemmmy, what do you mean by " not buying the lemon sold by some nigerian dealers" and the "peace of mind for a while" in your comment, pls try to be more specific cos this will really help me to take my final decisions and i seriously don't want to regret my decision and also not to waste cash o,
Re: Brand New Hyundai Elantra Or 2000/2001 Toyota Camry (which Do I Go 4 Pls?) by zenith2k9: 7:13pm On Jul 13, 2010
@Exponental, well let me say that I travel like 4 to 6 times within a month and sometimes its thru rough roads o, any further advice please, i strongly need help in making my decisions
Re: Brand New Hyundai Elantra Or 2000/2001 Toyota Camry (which Do I Go 4 Pls?) by femmy2010(m): 7:55pm On Jul 13, 2010
A new car is good.
Re: Brand New Hyundai Elantra Or 2000/2001 Toyota Camry (which Do I Go 4 Pls?) by zenith2k9: 8:01pm On Jul 13, 2010
@femmy2010, so do you advice i go for the new hyundai Elantra instead of the 2001/2002 toyota camry?
Re: Brand New Hyundai Elantra Or 2000/2001 Toyota Camry (which Do I Go 4 Pls?) by Benez: 8:02pm On Jul 13, 2010
My brother, i am a car dealer, i will advice u go for Toyota Camry. That Elantra is just plastic snd lacks the stability u desire while driving over a long distance.  For u to decide, why not borrow and travel with them at two separate times. Camry will prove its worth.

Thanks.
Re: Brand New Hyundai Elantra Or 2000/2001 Toyota Camry (which Do I Go 4 Pls?) by zenith2k9: 8:07pm On Jul 13, 2010
please i need more contributions o o o o, need to make my decisions, plsssss help nairalanders
Re: Brand New Hyundai Elantra Or 2000/2001 Toyota Camry (which Do I Go 4 Pls?) by zenith2k9: 3:48am On Jul 14, 2010
still need more advice from you nairalanders
Re: Brand New Hyundai Elantra Or 2000/2001 Toyota Camry (which Do I Go 4 Pls?) by oludy: 7:54am On Jul 14, 2010
A new elantra is above N3m. Why not buy 2 2001 camries and alternate them for your trips. lol. just kidding.

New is always better than used. A used car was once new remember?
Re: Brand New Hyundai Elantra Or 2000/2001 Toyota Camry (which Do I Go 4 Pls?) by lee007(m): 8:08am On Jul 14, 2010
Camry Baby!!!!, if you travel and love your life especially on Lagos-Ibadan expressway, its sounds funny that i will suggest a 9yrs old instead of a new one, i have travelled with the two and its 7up the diffrence is clear!
Re: Brand New Hyundai Elantra Or 2000/2001 Toyota Camry (which Do I Go 4 Pls?) by tomialph(m): 8:27am On Jul 14, 2010
A brand new car will always be better brother, how on earth can a rational human being suggest you buy a 10year old car when you have the chance to buy a brand new car. As much as I hate hyundai I will always choose a brand new car over a tokunbo not to talk more of a 10year old tokunbo. MOST OF THESE GUYS SUGGESTING YOU BUY THE CAMRY ALL HAVE IT FOR SALE AT THE MOMENT AND WILL SOON OFFER TO SELL YOU ONE AS SOON AS YOU MAKE UP YOUR MIND,WHY HASNT ANYONE OF THEM SUGGESTED YOU GO FOR LATER MODELS OF THE CAMRY? IT COS THEY DON'T HAVE ANY FOR SALE. IF YOU MUST BUY THE CAMRY GO FOR AT LEAST AN 07 CAMRY.
YOU WILL DISAPPOINT ME IF YOU FALL PREY OF THEIR TACTICS.
MY 2CENTS.
Re: Brand New Hyundai Elantra Or 2000/2001 Toyota Camry (which Do I Go 4 Pls?) by AGARIautos: 8:46am On Jul 14, 2010
@POSTER,

GO BRAND NEW IF YOU REALLY HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY IT WILL SERVE YOUR PURPOSE VERY WELL AFTER ALL IT'S ALSO COVERED BY WARRANTY AND PEACE OF MIND WHILE TRAVELLING WHEREAS THE TOKUNBO OF 2000 IS NOT COMPARABLE TO A NEW CAR OF 2010 NO MATTER THE MAKE AND MODEL. PLEASE USE YOUR JUDGEMENT WISELY NOBODY CAN ADVICE YOU BETTER THAN YOURSELF.

MY GUY, GOODLUCK IN YOUR FINAL DECISION AND HOPE YOU WILL LET US KNOW.
Re: Brand New Hyundai Elantra Or 2000/2001 Toyota Camry (which Do I Go 4 Pls?) by otokx(m): 9:12am On Jul 14, 2010
Please go for the brand new car; why do you want to get 2nd hand stress?
Re: Brand New Hyundai Elantra Or 2000/2001 Toyota Camry (which Do I Go 4 Pls?) by hbid: 12:11pm On Jul 14, 2010
Get the Camry, and make sure the one you get is in good condition. The Elantra will not be able to bear the burden you want to put on it, and no matter what people say, it is less safer on those routes you want to ply. Like someone said, borrow the 2 cars and take them on separate trips on the same route, then you will understand. No need for people's opinion on this, just do the litmus test yourself.
Re: Brand New Hyundai Elantra Or 2000/2001 Toyota Camry (which Do I Go 4 Pls?) by duno: 12:14pm On Jul 14, 2010
Go for the brand new. Chacha! Ochara grin
Re: Brand New Hyundai Elantra Or 2000/2001 Toyota Camry (which Do I Go 4 Pls?) by cecegorz(m): 12:31pm On Jul 14, 2010
These 'second hand is better' preachers never caeses to amaze me.

Agreed that the US/UK spec brands are better than the Dubai/SA brand we get as new here, but there is no way anybody can begin to compare used  '01 camry with  new '09 Elantra. It is largely lack of purchasing power that has limited peoples mind to tokumbo goods in this country. You even hear people comparing new fridge with tokumbo. haba!

Bros, since cash is not your problem, please go to Hyundai st8 away and pick your mint ride. A new car that has full airbags/ABS breaks has all the safety features you need, you are not looking for a formula one car that can be hitting the side walk at will after all. If you are not a careful driver, even an amoured tank will suffer in your hand.

check out recent car polls online, Elantra is one of the best in fuel efficiency/safety ratings, what else do you need bro.
Re: Brand New Hyundai Elantra Or 2000/2001 Toyota Camry (which Do I Go 4 Pls?) by tomialph(m): 1:32pm On Jul 14, 2010
cecegorz:

These 'second hand is better' preachers never caeses to amaze me.

Agreed that the US/UK spec brands are better than the Dubai/SA brand we get as new here, but there is no way anybody can begin to compare used '01 camry with new '09 Elantra. It is largely lack of purchasing power that has limited peoples mind to tokumbo goods in this country. You even hear people comparing new fridge with tokumbo. haba!

Bros, since cash is not your problem, please go to Hyundai st8 away and pick your mint ride. A new car that has full airbags/ABS breaks has all the safety features you need, you are not looking for a formula one car that can be hitting the side walk at will after all. If you are not a careful driver, even an amoured tank will suffer in your hand.

check out recent car polls online, Elantra is one of the best in fuel efficiency/safety ratings, what else do you need bro.

duno:

Go for the brand new. Chacha! Ochara grin

otokx:

Please go for the brand new car; why do you want to get 2nd hand stress?

these are well meaning people and they have spoken.
the choice is yours.
Re: Brand New Hyundai Elantra Or 2000/2001 Toyota Camry (which Do I Go 4 Pls?) by kidsam: 3:29pm On Jul 14, 2010
Guy just buy the brand new elantra please
Re: Brand New Hyundai Elantra Or 2000/2001 Toyota Camry (which Do I Go 4 Pls?) by Exponental(m): 3:57pm On Jul 14, 2010
I prefer a first grade tokunbo toyota camry to the new elantra. i know how car is new cars with guarantee are good, but why do u see dealers bringing in toks toyota, is the 2nd hand value of elantra whot it? do you know that some banks will never give a loan to any of their staff that desires some set of cars, why, cos most of them can not stand the test of time, from their own experience.
your decision is in your hands, I advice on the ground that toyota can always stand the test of time. and I also said nothing like a new car cos d luxury is there but the limit of luxury depends on your usage.
I support u for Camry provided if and only if it's a first grade.

@ tomialph MOST OF THESE GUYS SUGGESTING YOU BUY THE CAMRY ALL HAVE IT FOR SALE AT THE MOMENT AND WILL SOON OFFER TO SELL YOU ONE AS SOON AS YOU MAKE UP YOUR MIND,WHY HASNT ANYONE OF THEM SUGGESTED YOU GO FOR LATER MODELS OF THE CAMRY? IT COS THEY DON'T HAVE ANY FOR SALE. IF YOU MUST BUY THE CAMRY GO FOR AT LEAST AN 07 CAMRY.

@ tomialph, if I or any other person have a car to sale, can anyone force him to buy?
dont just jump to replying cos u av access to internet. if those considerations cant be weighed, d topic wouldnt be raised. if its the other way round, would he av posted it, ie a brand new camry and a toks elantra? guy think b4 u react.
Re: Brand New Hyundai Elantra Or 2000/2001 Toyota Camry (which Do I Go 4 Pls?) by cecegorz(m): 4:19pm On Jul 14, 2010
Exponental:

do you know that some banks will never give a loan to any of their staff that desires some set of cars, why, cos most of them can not stand the test of time, from their own experience.

Sorry bro., but its very obvious you know next to nothing about Car loan for bank staff, so stick to your trade and don't mislead people.

If you tell yourself the truth, you will agree that you see so many Elantra on the road with Zenith bank logo on their tail. How many have you seen on Camry '01 tails?
Re: Brand New Hyundai Elantra Or 2000/2001 Toyota Camry (which Do I Go 4 Pls?) by tomialph(m): 10:22pm On Jul 14, 2010
Exponental:

I prefer a first grade tokunbo toyota camry to the new elantra. i know how car is new cars with guarantee are good, but why do u see dealers bringing in toks toyota, is the 2nd hand value of elantra whot it? do you know that some banks will never give a loan to any of their staff that desires some set of cars, why, cos most of them can not stand the test of time, from their own experience.
your decision is in your hands, I advice on the ground that toyota can always stand the test of time. and I also said nothing like a new car cos d luxury is there but the limit of luxury depends on your usage.
I support u for Camry provided if and only if it's a first grade.

@ tomialph MOST OF THESE GUYS SUGGESTING YOU BUY THE CAMRY ALL HAVE IT FOR SALE AT THE MOMENT AND WILL SOON OFFER TO SELL YOU ONE AS SOON AS YOU MAKE UP YOUR MIND,WHY HASNT ANYONE OF THEM SUGGESTED YOU GO FOR LATER MODELS OF THE CAMRY? IT COS THEY DON'T HAVE ANY FOR SALE. IF YOU MUST BUY THE CAMRY GO FOR AT LEAST AN 07 CAMRY.

@ tomialph, if I or any other person have a car to sale, can anyone force him to buy?
dont just jump to replying cos u av access to internet. if those considerations cant be weighed, d topic wouldnt be raised. if its the other way round, would he av posted it, ie a brand new camry and a toks elantra? guy think b4 u react.

I would be as silly as you are if I decide to join issues with someone with your intellectual level.
It's better you zip up ur mouth when you've got nothing tangible to contribute rather than display folly n ignorance. You don't sound like someone who's ever bin to a banking hall.
I feel your pain brother, at least he knows better than to buy a 10 year old camry now.
Re: Brand New Hyundai Elantra Or 2000/2001 Toyota Camry (which Do I Go 4 Pls?) by femmy2010(m): 10:51pm On Jul 14, 2010
Hmm,the thread creator simply asked for views regarding the buy option to go for and nothing about giving our different advice and expressing our views.This can be done without firing cyber gun shots. We all keep learning everyday and am no exception.
Re: Brand New Hyundai Elantra Or 2000/2001 Toyota Camry (which Do I Go 4 Pls?) by papa190(m): 11:11pm On Jul 14, 2010
sighs for once people have turned their backs on the 2.2

im so happy
personally speakin i hate that car like the devil`
ugly shaped
no speed nothing~

besides i love the elantra please poster compare the elantra with the EOD and not with no damn 2.2

1 Like

Re: Brand New Hyundai Elantra Or 2000/2001 Toyota Camry (which Do I Go 4 Pls?) by indie22(f): 5:18pm On Jul 25, 2010
You might get lucky and get a real good tokunboh, but then thats a 50-50 situation, nothing beats the peace of mind a brand new car offers you, Hyundai prices are reasonable, they offer 3 year/100000km manufacturer warranty on all their models, as well as up to 10 months free servicing, (and i'm not saying this because i work for one of the korean brands)

Think of not visiting a mechanic workshop for at least 3 years unless its just for routine servicing.

If you do decide for the Elantra, (good choice if i might say, the full option is off the hook) you can call cynthia on 07084911145, i work for KIA but i can get you a good price on the hyundai as they are our sister company and are both korean brands.

cheers!!
Re: Brand New Hyundai Elantra Or 2000/2001 Toyota Camry (which Do I Go 4 Pls?) by Exponental(m): 8:16pm On Jul 26, 2010
i want to know the car u ended up buying.
Tomialph and cecegorz. u 're right u know, I reserve my comment.
Re: Brand New Hyundai Elantra Or 2000/2001 Toyota Camry (which Do I Go 4 Pls?) by cardoso111(m): 8:34pm On Jul 26, 2010
zen,take this free advice from me;as long as u are taking the Camry,make sure it is manual,otherwise buy the Elantra
Re: Brand New Hyundai Elantra Or 2000/2001 Toyota Camry (which Do I Go 4 Pls?) by obojo(m): 8:37pm On Jul 26, 2010
why will you be comparing a brand new elantra to a 2001 camry?? they cant possibly be d same price, if you have money for a brand new elantra, y not go for or compare with a newer model camry??
Re: Brand New Hyundai Elantra Or 2000/2001 Toyota Camry (which Do I Go 4 Pls?) by tomialph(m): 10:13am On Jul 27, 2010
obojo:

why will you be comparing a brand new elantra to a 2001 camry?? they cant possibly be d same price, if you have money for a brand new elantra, y not go for or compare with a newer model camry??

GOD BLESS YOU
Re: Brand New Hyundai Elantra Or 2000/2001 Toyota Camry (which Do I Go 4 Pls?) by teeboi1(m): 2:09pm On Jul 27, 2010
Sincerely, the use you are going to put the car to should help u make a choice, if its just to get to ur office & back and make trips on fairly good roads, go elantra, but if u can see lots off rough & bad roads ahead, go camry/ EOD, the decision is ur's and ur's alone.
Re: Brand New Hyundai Elantra Or 2000/2001 Toyota Camry (which Do I Go 4 Pls?) by Tobobo: 2:58pm On Jul 27, 2010
@poster,
2001 camry compared to 2009 Elantra is way off man. You can't compare new to Old one.

But you can compare this new Elnatra with newer models (2006-2008) of camry.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Audi A4 Engine Oil Shortage / GET A CAR TRACKER FOR AS LOW AS 20k / Will You Buy Chinese made Cars?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.