Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,348 members, 7,839,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Meet The First Male Law Student In DELSU History To Bag Double First Class - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet The First Male Law Student In DELSU History To Bag Double First Class (4454 Views)

I'm The First Male Virgin Graduate In The History Of Taraba State University / Snakes Living In DELSU Student's Room / Viola-nuela Echebima: Lawyer Who Is A Double First Class Holder - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The First Male Law Student In DELSU History To Bag Double First Class by GreatestA1(m): 3:25pm On Oct 22, 2018
Meet Omotor Stanley. The first Male law student to bag a double first class in the history of Delta State University, Abraka(DELSU).

Arnold Gaslow had said "Success is not a spontaneous combustion. One must set oneself on fire"

For many students, academic success is a spontaneous combustion with no class-goal or academic target. Just having their names on a pass degree(also known as 'let my people go') is just enough for them.

Others go further to pursue a notch higher degree - second class upper while a select few set themselves on fire by going the extra mile to bag the much coveted and prized first class degree.

One of such students who set himself on fire academically and bagged a slew of first class is Omotor Stanley. It is remarkable that in an era where more students are inclined to ignore academic excellence and in a faculty of law where her students felt first class was a mission impossible, Stanley batted a thousand and wowed several people.

Omotor Stanley started his tertiary education at Delta state Polytechnic Ozoro where he studied Accountancy. He graduated in 2010 as the Best Graduating Student with a Distinction.

He subsequently gained admission into Delta State University, Abraka in 2012 to study law. While in Delta State University, Stanley was so stellar in his academic performance that he bagged the award for the best student of Intellectual Property Law sponsored by Rt. Hon. Barr. Rockson Igelige. He also participated in a number of moot and mock competitions which did not only earn him the best advocate of the year award but also the most prestigious and highest law award - the Senior Advocate of DELSU(SAD) . He would later found an advocacy club in school known as "Advocacy academy" which trained and nurtured lots of student advocates. Omotor Stanley graduated in 2017 with a First class degree in Law becoming the first male to graduate with a first class from the Faculty of Law, Delta State University breaking an age-long jinx.

He proceeded to the Nigeria law school afterwards and in October this year 2018, he repeated the same feat at the Nigerian Law School by graduating with a First class.

Some students dream of success on their beds while others get up and make it happen. Omotor Stanley did only dream of making a first class, he got up and made it happen. Not once. Twice! Here goes excellence and success. Here goes Omotor Stanley!

Written by Enemiku Paul(Epaul)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2014807988581128&id=100001558405602

Mynd44, OAM4J

5 Likes

Re: Meet The First Male Law Student In DELSU History To Bag Double First Class by dbos11(m): 5:24pm On Oct 22, 2018
Who's he today?

2 Likes

Re: Meet The First Male Law Student In DELSU History To Bag Double First Class by darfay: 8:12pm On Oct 22, 2018
dbos11:
Who's he today?

It looks like they are frying akara on this one's head

9 Likes

Re: Meet The First Male Law Student In DELSU History To Bag Double First Class by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 22, 2018
Congratulations. As for those envious fellow may it to what you wish this guy

4 Likes

Re: Meet The First Male Law Student In DELSU History To Bag Double First Class by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 22, 2018
Keeping the ship sailing bro. Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Meet The First Male Law Student In DELSU History To Bag Double First Class by fratermathy(m): 11:41pm On Oct 22, 2018
Great DELSU, great brains!

Stanley must truly be a genius to have accomplished what he did. I just hope that he ventures into academics. His knowledge will be of importance to the next generation.

@Op: I don't like how you used the phrase: "the first male law student". Someone can easily think there has been a "first female law student" who made a first class. Let us be gender conscious in our use of language. That "male" is not needed since a female hasn't made a first class before.

WadooOO to our Omo r'Otor!

Cc:
Lalasticlala

5 Likes

Re: Meet The First Male Law Student In DELSU History To Bag Double First Class by GreatestA1(m): 11:57pm On Oct 22, 2018
fratermathy:
Great DELSU, great brains!

Stanley must truly be a genius to have accomplished what he did. I just hope that he ventures into academics. His knowledge will be of importance to the next generation.

@Op: I don't like how you use the phrase: "the first male law student". Someone can easily think there has been a "first female law student" who made a first class. Let us be gender conscious in our use of language. That "male" is not needed since a female hasn't made a first class before.

WadooOO to our Omo r'Otor!

Cc:
Lalasticlala
Two females made a first class same time this jinx was broken by Stanley. He was the only Male. Hence, the gender distinction. Plus given his stellar performance even in his polytechnic days where he also graduated as the best student with a distinction and all the individual awards he won while in Delsu, i decided to pen a special piece about him.
Re: Meet The First Male Law Student In DELSU History To Bag Double First Class by DavidEsq(m): 12:09am On Oct 23, 2018
How delta boy go use e korokoro eye buy dis kain foolish tie for law school? This boy fall my hand.
Re: Meet The First Male Law Student In DELSU History To Bag Double First Class by GreatestA1(m): 12:12am On Oct 23, 2018
DavidEsq:
How delta boy go use e korokoro eye buy dis kain foolish tie for law school? This boy fall my hand.
Bros, that tie is compulsory in law school. It doesn't matter how fashionable you are, you must buy and don it.

It has nothing to do with being Deltan.

1 Like

Re: Meet The First Male Law Student In DELSU History To Bag Double First Class by DavidEsq(m): 12:15am On Oct 23, 2018
GreatestA1:
Bros, that tie is compulsory in law school. It doesn't matter how fashionable you are, you must buy and don it.

It has nothing to do with being Deltan.
U don't mean it. Chei! Law school don turn secondary school na. Shey na black tie be their standard na. E clear say dis tie na I.M (ima mmadu) package

1 Like

Re: Meet The First Male Law Student In DELSU History To Bag Double First Class by fratermathy(m): 12:34am On Oct 23, 2018
GreatestA1:

Two females made a first class same time this jinx was broken by Stanley. He was the only Male. Hence, the gender distinction. Plus given his stellar performance even in his polytechnic days where he also graduated as the best student with a distinction and all the individual awards he won while in Delsu, i decided to pen a special piece about him.

I can see why you made the gender distinction now. However, you may, if you want, edit your original post and indicate that other females made a first class in the same set and department, just to balance your reporting, as well as to justify your usage of the phrase "the first male student".
Re: Meet The First Male Law Student In DELSU History To Bag Double First Class by SignatureNG(f): 5:51am On Oct 23, 2018
congrats

click the link below and enjoy
Re: Meet The First Male Law Student In DELSU History To Bag Double First Class by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 23, 2018
fratermathy:

I can see why you made the gender distinction now. However, you may, if you want, edit your original post and indicate that other females made a first class in the same set and department, just to balance your reporting, as well as to justify your usage of the phrase "the first male student".

No need actually. " first male student" indicates there are females already.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The First Male Law Student In DELSU History To Bag Double First Class by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 23, 2018
Brainaic! The guy is Sterling; congrats to Delsu.
More Accolades.
Re: Meet The First Male Law Student In DELSU History To Bag Double First Class by courseworkmojo: 7:28am On Oct 23, 2018
In spite of the fact that Delsu is my second decision I'm not terrified in light of the fact that Christ in me is the expectation of brilliance; The finesse of God is upon my life, in this way, I can not be rejected on the grounds that there is write my coursework acceptability upon my life. Favored is he that com-meth for the sake of the LORD.
Re: Meet The First Male Law Student In DELSU History To Bag Double First Class by lgboks(m): 9:37am On Oct 23, 2018
Such a feat, am so proud of this young man.... Always keep the ship sailing cool

2 Likes

Re: Meet The First Male Law Student In DELSU History To Bag Double First Class by GreatestA1(m): 8:24pm On Oct 23, 2018
Cc Lalasticlala
Re: Meet The First Male Law Student In DELSU History To Bag Double First Class by GreatestA1(m): 1:21am On Nov 16, 2018
Re: Meet The First Male Law Student In DELSU History To Bag Double First Class by Hahjascho(m): 9:49pm On Nov 16, 2018
dbos11:
Who's he today?
Change your mentality, Can't you people just appreciate success for once

Ha, you and like minded people are the ones who quenched the motivating power (of NAIRALAND and Nigeria as whole) in the lives of many aspiring students

1 Like

Re: Meet The First Male Law Student In DELSU History To Bag Double First Class by Stargurl20(f): 1:33pm On Nov 17, 2018
The sky is ur starting point bro....a massive congrats to u
Re: Meet The First Male Law Student In DELSU History To Bag Double First Class by RoastedCorn(m): 1:49pm On Nov 17, 2018

(1) (Reply)

You Wanna Study And Sleep Is Distracting You? Do These And Thank Me Later / Adekunle Ajasin University Pre-degree List Is Out / Uniben Diploma - Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.