Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,217 members, 7,839,138 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Why Does Glory Dome Have No Cross Of Christ On The Building Or At The Altar ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does Glory Dome Have No Cross Of Christ On The Building Or At The Altar ? (3019 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Cautions Pastor Enenche Over Glory Dome Dedication / Inside The Glory Dome, Dunamis Abuja, World’s Largest Church Auditorium / Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does Glory Dome Have No Cross Of Christ On The Building Or At The Altar ? by Christistruth00: 6:32pm On Sep 16, 2023
FxMasterz:

Can you make a single reference to an instance in which the early church in the days of the apostles used the cross as a Christian symbol?

The image of the cross was introduced through Roman Catholicism which worships images.

However, the presence or the absence of a cross in a church premise or anywhere does not imply anything. It all depends on the intents of the actors.

If you erect a cross as a symbol of worship, you ere. If you erect it as a reminder of Christ's ultimate sacrifice for salvation, you do nothing nothing wrong.

If you do not erect it because you think the cross is useless to the Christian faith, you ere. If you don't erect it because you want to avoid idolatery, given that the risen Christ Himself lives in your heart, you've done nothing wrong. Intent is the most important thing.

Col 2
14] Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
[15] And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
[16] Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
[17] Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Now show us in the Scriptures where the Images of a Pastor and his wife was plastered all over the Church

Thank you
Re: Why Does Glory Dome Have No Cross Of Christ On The Building Or At The Altar ? by FxMasterz: 6:38pm On Sep 16, 2023
Christistruth00:

Col 2
14] Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
[15] And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
[16] Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
[17] Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Now show us in the Scriptures where the Images of a Pastor and his wife was plastered all over the Church

Thank you

Please first show me the said plastered images of the pastor and his wife all over the church.

The scriptures you quoted in Colossians 2 did not validate the symbolism of the cross but only told us what happened on the cross.

Please present your facts with truth and honesty. Show me any reference in the early church to cross images. Show me the images of the said pastor and his wife plastered all over the church!
Re: Why Does Glory Dome Have No Cross Of Christ On The Building Or At The Altar ? by Christistruth00: 7:13pm On Sep 16, 2023
FxMasterz:

Please first show me the said plastered images of the pastor and his wife all over the church.

The scriptures you quoted in Colossians 2 did not validate the symbolism of the cross but only told us what happened on the cross.

Please present your facts with truth and honesty. Show me any reference in the early church to cross images. Show me the images of the said pastor and his wife plastered all over the church!

Notice that Jesus is not even mentioned once on the Poster with the Head of the Pastor and his Wife

Re: Why Does Glory Dome Have No Cross Of Christ On The Building Or At The Altar ? by FxMasterz: 7:31pm On Sep 16, 2023
Christistruth00:

Notice that Jesus is not even mentioned once on the Poster with the Head of the Pastor and his Wife

I didn't see any image of the pastor and wife plastered everywhere.

The poster bears the image of the pastor and wife for easy Identification of the church organizing the program.

The program itself is all about Jesus. The medium through which participants are attracted is not an issue. What matters is 'Who are they attracting them to?'

You don't need to mention Jesus before you attract people to church. When they come to church, they'll hear about Jesus anyway.

Jesus has been hung on the cross as the serpent was in the wilderness. He has left the cross and now resides on our hearts. Tell me how that passage of scripture validates cross imagery in the life of a Christian.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are You An Angel ? Let’s Find Out If You Are An Angel In Human Flesh / Permission To Use Our Brains 'O' Man Of GOD. / 4 Die In TB Joshua's Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.