Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,122 members, 7,842,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Ganduje: In Defense Of PMB - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ganduje: In Defense Of PMB (233 Views)

More Pictures Of PMB Visiting UAE / Helen Paul Speaks Up In Defense Of Regina Daniels / This Is Probably The Best Comment In Defense Of IPOB I Have Read. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ganduje: In Defense Of PMB by RayIdss: 6:04pm On Jan 23, 2019
While I will admit that PMB didn't do himself any favor by insinuating that the Ganduje's alleged corruption video were doctored, I want people to understand that there are other factors that will prevent PMB from actually prosecuting Ganduje at this time. Being a sitting governor, Ganduje enjoys immunity from prosecution, and since the Kano State House of Assembly failed to do the needful, he Ganduje is beyond prosecution until such time that he no longer enjoys such protection under the constitution. Like it or not, Fayose was a beneficiary of such constitutional protection, hence the reason he's just being asked to answer for alleged violations of the criminal codes of conducts, months and days before he took office as the governor of Ekiti State.

Also, the accusation that this government's fight against corruption is only geared towards the opposition, nothing could be further from the truth.This is an example of falsity repeated over and over again, that has become a pseudo-truth among the opposition, and their media darlings, and even amongst the independent media. However that may be, a pseudo-truth will never pass for truth on closer inspection. Saraki was an APC member and Senate President when he was charged to court for false asset declaration, he fought tooth and nail for his personal freedom and his political career. He was cleared by the highest court of the land, rightfully so or not, is irrelevant. And when PMB congratulated Saraki on the victory, he was vilified. PMB has been steadfast in his treatments of allegations; Every man remains innocent until proven otherwise by a competent court of law! PMB is not law unto himself, but a law abiding individual charge with enforcing the laws of the nation.

The allegations against the SP president didn't stop PMB from working with him in his capacity as the head of the legislative arm of the Government, neither did he stop working with Ayodele Fayose in his capacity as the Governor of Ekiti State. Why are we all of a sudden demanding that he should condemn Ganduje? I don't remember the president, in his official capacity ever condemning Saraki or Fayose, even while the former was being prosecuted, and the latter's case being prepped for such a time when he no longer enjoys constitutional immunity. The reason why the opposition wants PMB to go out of character this time is simply because of the importance of Kano State to the electoral fortunes of any would be president, plain and simple!

That said: To all the media, here's the answer to your questions and stop playing "got ya" with PMB and stop letting yourselves be used by the opposition!

On Ganduje: Like Fayose and several others that have had to answer questions regarding their stewardship of the affairs of their states, the law enforcement agencies are assuredly doing their jobs, and if they have questions upon completion of their investigation, they would invite him to clarify any issue they may have--like they always do, when they are constitutionally able to do such. Until such a time, I remain President, and he, the Governor of Kano State, both of us members of the FEC and the ruling party.

On one sided fight against corruption: I would ask you to get a detailed list of all the people that were charged, had cases and still have cases in court and check their political affiliation.[i][/i]

(1) (Reply)

Ebonyi State Presidential Rally: / Oil Zyme / Add A Google Form In Your Wordpress Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.