Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,321 members, 7,836,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others (41343 Views)

Election: ‘Even If Peter Obi Concedes Defeat, We’ll Not Accept’ – Charly Boy / NLC To Wike: You’ll Kill All Workers In Nigeria, We’ll Not Support You / Tinubu - "We’ll Not Allow Detractors Divide Nigeria" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by abeggnow: 1:41pm On Jan 27, 2019
sarrki:
In as much I believe Nigeria is a sovereign state

We need check and balances

Then we don’t need the foreign Aid then

Federal government spokespersons should be careful of there utterances
so you are impying we need checks and balances fron a forein state?? Plz kindly tell me which of the foreigb dtates checking and balancing is perfect?? Can you you pls tell us how Trump won the election in his country?
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by bgberbo: 1:48pm On Jan 27, 2019
rusher14:

Sarrki, I disagree.

What right does any nation have to suggest to us how we must handle an impasse ?

Have we ever suggested to Trump how he must handle Pelosi?

Does Nigeria dictate to May how she must relate with Corbyn?

When we needed arms for Boko Haram, was it not on a cash before purchase and oh you must wait a few years before delivery?

No nation can dictate to us.

But when we need Aid, you go to them. In 2018 alone Nigeria got Aid from the USA of about 851 million dollars
But then again,would you let you Neighbour hurt their children because they gave birth to them ??

1 Like

Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by joe120120(m): 1:49pm On Jan 27, 2019
sarrki:
The Federal Government has warned against foreign interference into the nation’s affairs, capable of creating apprehension, distrust among citizens or undermining the transparency and acceptability of outcomes of the nation’s electoral process.

Malam Garba Shehu, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, gave the warning in a statement in Abuja on Saturday.

The presidential aide was apparently reacting to statements issued by some foreign countries including the United Kingdom (UK), United States of America (U.S.A.) and the European Union, over the suspension of Justice Walter Onnoghen by President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday.

President Buhari also swore-in the acting Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Ibrahim Tanko, to replace Onnoghen, pending final determination of the cases against him.

However, Shehu stated that the federal government condemned “any interference or perception management that promotes apprehension,citizens distrust or undermines the transparency and acceptability of the outcomes of our electoral process.

“Nigeria reserves the right to be insulated from suggestions and or interference with respect to wholly internal affairs and commends international laws,customs and norms that mandate and require nations and the comity to respect this prerogative to all.

“Nigeria is confident of its electoral processes and her preparation for the imminent elections and the federal government has supported the independent electoral umpire in both its independence and resources needed to accomplish our desire and insistence on free and fair elections’’.

According to him, the federal government welcomes the prevailing keen interest and partnerships for successful elections and a peaceful Nigeria.

He added that the government had ensured the independence of all organs, institutions and arms of government to “perform their functions in a manner that is transparent, and not lacking in integrity whether institutionally or by persons within such institutions or organs.’’

He pledged that the government would continue to do this.

He said: “Although the question of foreign interference, whether state sponsored, promoted or otherwise has dominated recent elections and outcomes globally, the federal government assures citizens and the global community that it will fiercely and assiduously promote the will and the right of Nigerians to choose and elect their leaders without pressure or assistance from persons or entities that are not constitutionally empowered to participate in the process.’’

The presidential media aide enjoined the citizens to confidently exercise their franchise in an orderly manner with the assurance of the federal government to their security during and after the electoral process.

He reiterated the readiness of the nation’s security forces to confront any plan or attempt to interfere with or disrupt the process whether by elements within or from outside the country.

http://thenationonlineng.net/well-not-allow-meddling-affairs-fg-warns/

zoo spokesman in action

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by wonder233: 1:52pm On Jan 27, 2019
Zombie, the US will wipe out the entire Nigerian military alongside your god buhari in 3hrs if there is a face off
ideynl1:
FG should deploy war planes, gunships and aircraft carrier around the US border to serve as a serious warning to them.

Its time we send our military to our foreign allies within US for war drill so that they will know the Baba means business. Baba show them he is a 6-star General.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by SIRTee15: 1:52pm On Jan 27, 2019
rusher14:

Trump?
Time?
Oil?
Just prepare for the demise of oil.
It would only be a commodity in our local market .

Is it me u telling about demise of oil...
Tell that to the lifeless president n his goons who thinks they have a say in international politics...
E go soon clear for una eyes....
Ask GEJ....
yeye dey smell....

1 Like

Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by donnie(m): 1:55pm On Jan 27, 2019
rusher14:

I repeat, I'm sure you mean China.

Do you think you can compare China's aid with that of the US?
The contribution of the US to various aid organizations, including UN's work at IDPs and refugee camps far outweighs that of any other country.

Stop bluffing nonsense
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by Basher8583: 1:59pm On Jan 27, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

But when you need loan, you run to them for help .

Is it intetest free loan? Haba think with your brain biko.

Loan and purchase of arms is business not favour.
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by GospelAkede: 2:12pm On Jan 27, 2019
If you believe that Nigeria will be great again you need to listen, download and share this song as your own quota to see Nigeria great again.
#It is well with Nigeria
#Nigeria shall be great again
#I believe in Prayer

Click on the link below to download this song
https://www.reverbnation.com/thenewproclaimers/song/22914382-it-is-well-with-nigeria
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by Alonge25: 2:22pm On Jan 27, 2019
Your Tucano will not be delivered in time. Nigeria can not stand on their own without the support of Western world. Can Buhari treat himself medically in Nigeria without going to London? Let us face the reality, Nigeria is still in the third world.
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by inereunwa1(m): 2:57pm On Jan 27, 2019
ideynl1:
FG should deploy war planes, gunships and aircraft carrier around the US border to serve as a serious warning to them.

Its time we send our military to our foreign allies within US for war drill so that they will know the Baba means business. Baba show them he is a 6-star General.
only one navy destroyer will wipe out the population of this country if Nigeria government dare try it!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by kakaG: 3:00pm On Jan 27, 2019
rusher14:

Sarrki, I disagree.

What right does any nation have to suggest to us how we must handle an impasse ?

When we needed arms for Boko Haram, was it not on a cash before purchase and oh you must wait a few years before delivery?

Are you listening to yourself? Do you even have brain?

1 Like

Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by kakaG: 3:01pm On Jan 27, 2019
rusher14:

Sarrki, I disagree.

Are you listening to yourself? Go borrow some brains?
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by ogatboy(m): 5:43pm On Jan 27, 2019
rusher14:

Sarrki, I disagree.

But when you need aid, you run to them and when they neee aid, do they run to you?? Iranu
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by ogatboy(m): 5:45pm On Jan 27, 2019
Basher8583:

Is it intetest free loan? Haba think with your brain biko.

Loan and purchase of arms is business not favour.

What of the aids yoy get?? Who's talking of loan?? The support to combat boko haram. Last last Buhari's illitracy don spread
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by Zigdore: 6:40pm On Jan 27, 2019
awelekiti:
The federal government should please not make the situation worse than this for us. If they don't have anything sensible to say to address the concerns raised by the west, they had better keep quiet before these people would cut their aids sent to us and other diplomatic benefits. Our economy is already in shambles . By the time they ask the remaining few investors to close shop and they're threstening the errying ones with sanctions, the situation would simply go from worse to worst. A dollar is 362 naira and now we're shouting . We dont want to drink our oil cos by the time they stop buying our oil, na to dey chop human being e go remain...God forbid. And who says they shouldn't talk? They donated millions of dollars to the federal government towards a successful electoral process so, they can't afford to not see us achieve this.

Nigeria is in a critical state now. All hands must be on deck because it's obvious buhari is adamant and desperate. I urge the APC spokesperson to choose his words carefully because it's us the masses that would suffer consequences of their actions.

Aids and diplomatic benefits that come with ulterior motives
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by NASTYNASOSO: 6:53pm On Jan 27, 2019
sarrki:

But why seek for AIDS from other countries?

I haven’t seen any interference of any nation so far

HMMMMMMMMM

CERTAINLY YOU SIMPLY DONT KNOW THE MEANING OF INTERFERENCE.
TELL ME DID NIGERIA ISSUE ANY STATEMENT TO THE US SHUTDOWN.
TELL ME DID NIGERIA ISSUE ANY STATEMENT AS REGARDS BREXIT.
PLEASE DESIST FROM BEING AN UNPATRIOTIC SLAVE WANNABE.
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by NASTYNASOSO: 7:04pm On Jan 27, 2019
NothingDoMe:
Nigeria has not attained true independence because they still depend on foreign nations for a lot and not just aid. We even import our international passport materials cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. Which nation will take you seriously with such nonsense?

Sovereignty is not on paper alone and international politics is not the same as local politics. You people should pray that Buhari reverses this decision. A sanction will mess up the Nigerian economy in a really really bad way.

Venezuelans have been crossing(trekking) to colombia to buy foodstuffs. A word is enough for the wise.

HMMMMMMMM

OGA JUST SHUT UP
I JUST DONT BLAME YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE A PRODUCT OF A FAILED EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM.
YOUR ILLOGICAL RANTS AND BASELESS ASPERSIONS DEFINES YOUR ILK A SLAVE THAT IS OWNED AND CONTROLLED BY ANOTHER SLAVE.
PITY IS YOUR CASE.
SO WHAT IF WE IMPORT PASSPORT MATERIALS OTHERS ALSO IMPORT OUR PRODUCTS.
NIGERIAS FUTURE IS DOOMED WITH YOUR TYPE AS FUTURE LEADERS OR BETTER SLAVES
SLAVERY IS STILL PRACTISED GOAN SELL YOURSELF. FREE NIGERIA REMAINS
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by SIRTee15: 7:12pm On Jan 27, 2019
NASTYNASOSO:

HMMMMMMMMM

CERTAINLY YOU SIMPLY DONT KNOW THE MEANING OF INTERFERENCE.
TELL ME DID NIGERIA ISSUE ANY STATEMENT TO THE US SHUTDOWN.
TELL ME DID NIGERIA ISSUE ANY STATEMENT AS REGARDS BREXIT.
PLEASE DESIST FROM BEING AN UNPATRIOTIC SLAVE WANNABE.

Power is might...
Nigeria is in no position to issue statement to USA or great Britain...
they will chew naija and spit it out...nothing will happen.....
Buhari also benefited from their interference in the past, so he should know better.....
besides buhari who cant treat headache without going to uk to buy Panadol shouldn't complain......

Nigeria had also bullied and intervened in smaller nation in the past.....
Sao Tome, Togo and gambia.....

1 Like

Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by NASTYNASOSO: 7:18pm On Jan 27, 2019
SIRTee15:

Power is might...
Nigeria is in no position to issue statement to USA or great Britain...
they will chew naija and spit it out...nothing will happen.....
Buhari also benefited from their interference in the past, so he should know better.....
besides buhari who cant treat headache without going to uk to buy Panadol shouldn't complain......

Nigeria had also bullied and intervened in smaller nation in the past.....
Sao Tome, Togo and gambia.....
Nigeria can also

HMMMMMMMM

GUY PACK YOUR LOAD AND GO BACK TO THE COUNTRIES YOU MENTIONED.LEAVE US ALONE WE ARE OK BEING LIBERATED AND FREE.
OUR NATION IS JUST GOING THROUGH PHASE OF NATION BUILDING.
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by duncun: 7:23pm On Jan 27, 2019
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by don4real18(m): 7:42pm On Jan 27, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
But when you need loan, international assistance to fight Boko Haram and customer to buy your crude oil, you run to them abi

Mumu government
So, because they give us loan, they should meddle in our affairs?
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by NothingDoMe: 8:06pm On Jan 27, 2019
NASTYNASOSO:

HMMMMMMMM

OGA JUST SHUT UP
I JUST DONT BLAME YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE A PRODUCT OF A FAILED EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM.
YOUR ILLOGICAL RANTS AND BASELESS ASPERSIONS DEFINES YOUR ILK A SLAVE THAT IS OWNED AND CONTROLLED BY ANOTHER SLAVE.
PITY IS YOUR CASE.
SO WHAT IF WE IMPORT PASSPORT MATERIALS OTHERS ALSO IMPORT OUR PRODUCTS.
NIGERIAS FUTURE IS DOOMED WITH YOUR TYPE AS FUTURE LEADERS OR BETTER SLAVES
SLAVERY IS STILL PRACTISED GOAN SELL YOURSELF. FREE NIGERIA REMAINS
You dey vex oh. Why are you so offended oga nasco?

You guys should be celebrating na. Buhari has removed the CJN. He is an awesome corruption fighter. I duff my hat for the master of killing corruption kungfu style.

But your annoyance puzzles me. Did you just realize that Buhari has taken a wrong step. He has drawn unnecessary international attention to Febuary 16th. I kept telling my guy passing.shot that the steps he is taking, especially for someone predicted to win with a landslide, is really foolish. There's no way the CJN can rig a landslide victory.

In the end I concluded that the wind that blew GEJ is blowing against Buhari with a stronger force. He should bow out the way GEJ bowed out. If he doesnt I will gladly point the way to his residence because a betrayer of the constitution is an enemy of Nigeria.
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by Basher8583: 8:06pm On Jan 27, 2019
ogatboy:

What of the aids yoy get?? Who's talking of loan?? The support to combat boko haram. Last last Buhari's illitracy don spread
No country give any service free just rem that and stop looking for flimsy excuses. Countrirs hsve limits as to what they can interfer on. This is one of the limits.
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by DeepNuggets: 9:01pm On Jan 27, 2019
sarrki:
In as much I believe Nigeria is a sovereign state

We need check and balances

Then we don’t need the foreign Aid then

Federal government spokespersons should be careful of there utterances

So because of aids they should undermine the integrity of INEC? Na wa to your self esteem o
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by DeepNuggets: 9:05pm On Jan 27, 2019
rusher14:

Sarrki, I disagree.

Some people actually talk and give opinions because it's free nobody really thinks or have a clue what they're saying anymore these days. Aids kor Hiv ni
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by NASTYNASOSO: 10:32pm On Jan 27, 2019
NothingDoMe:
You dey vex oh. Why are you so offended oga nasco?

You guys should be celebrating na. Buhari has removed the CJN. He is an awesome corruption fighter. I duff my hat for the master of killing corruption kungfu style.

But your annoyance puzzles me. Did you just realize that Buhari has taken a wrong step. He has drawn unnecessary international attention to Febuary 16th. I kept telling my guy passing.shot that the steps he is taking, especially for someone predicted to win with a landslide, is really foolish. There's no way the CJN can rig a landslide victory.

In the end I concluded that the wind that blew GEJ is blowing against Buhari with a stronger force. He should bow out the way GEJ bowed out. If he doesnt I will gladly point the way to his residence because a betrayer of the constitution is an enemy of Nigeria.

HMMMMMMMMM

NO BE VEX
THE FUTURE OF THIS COUNTRY LIES IN OUR HANDS.
THIS NATION HAS BEEN PLAGUED BY BAD VISION LESS LEADERSHIP AND CORRUPTION,TO THE EXTENT CORRUPTION IS NOT SEEN AS A KILLER VICE BUT AN OPPORTUNITY FOR SELF PROSPERITY.
SENTIMENTS APART,WE ALL KNOW BUHARI IS NOT THE BEST BUT WE ARE PUTTING THE CART BEFORE THE HORSE.
NO NATION WILL DEVELOP WITH CORRUPTION STRIVING.NOTHING WILL BE IN PLACE AND NOTHING WILL WORK TO THE STANDARD IT OUGHT TO BE.
PAKISTAN WAS THE LEADING ASIAN NATION IN TERMS OF DEVELOPMENTAL BLUEPRINT AND EXECUTION MOST ASIAN COUNTRIES COPIED THEIR BLUEPRINT INCLUDING CHINA BUT WHERE IS PAKISTAN TODAY COMPARED TO THE ASIAN TIGERS.ALL BECAUSE OF CORRUPTION THEY ARE THE ONES RUNNING TO CHINA FOR HELP.
ALL WE WANT IS A LEADER THAT WILL BUILD A STRONG FOUNDATION TO LIBERATE US FROM THE FANGS OF THIS MONSTER CORRUPTION.
SO THAT OTHERS CAN COME AND BUILD ON IT,OF ALL THOSE TESTED WITH IMPECCABLE TRACK RECORDS AGAINST CORRUPTION HE STANDS OUT,TRUST ME YOU NEED A SPECIAL PERSON TO START THIS WAR.YOU MIGHT SAY HE IS NOT THE ONLY ONE OUT OF MILLIONS OF NIGERIANS WELL YOU CAN ONLY TEST A MAN AFTER HE HAS TESTED POWER,TRUST ME ON THIS POWER INTOXICATES.
WORD FROM PUTIN ..............TO FIGHT CORRUPTION IN A CORRUPT SYSTEM,YOU DONT FOLLOW DUE PROCESS,YOU FOLLOW THE NECESSARY PROCESS.
IF WE DONT GET OUR ACTS RIGHT NOW OUR DREAMS OF BETTER COUNTRY IS STILL FAR, LESS THE ALMIGHTY GOD INTERVENES .
THERE IS MORE TO WHAT WAS MADE PUBLIC AS REGARDS THE CJ TRUST ME IF ALL IS RELEASED IT WILL BE A TSUNAMI IN THE JUDICIARY AND IT WILL BE A NATIONAL DISASTER,NIGERIA WILL HAVE NO FACE.THEY ARE JUST MANAGING THE ISSUE.
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by ogatboy(m): 12:12pm On Jan 28, 2019
Basher8583:

No country give any service free just rem that and stop looking for flimsy excuses. Countrirs hsve limits as to what they can interfer on. This is one of the limits.

Oga do you know politics?? What is hapenning in Venezuela, what happened in Zimbabwe?? Be there reasoning with only the left side.
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by Basher8583: 9:08pm On Jan 28, 2019
ogatboy:

Oga do you know politics?? What is hapenning in Venezuela, what happened in Zimbabwe?? Be there reasoning with only the left side.

Thank you.

Left-brained people are said to be more:
analytical
logical
detail- and fact-oriented
numerical
likely to think in words.

So again I say thak you dummy
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by ogatboy(m): 10:45pm On Jan 28, 2019
Basher8583:

Thank you.

Left-brained people are said to be more:
analytical
logical
detail- and fact-oriented
numerical
likely to think in words.

So again I say thak you dummy

who ever said those, is just exactly like u
Re: We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others by Weezy463: 8:35pm On Mar 31, 2022
ideynl1:

grin
ideynl1:

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) / New Video Of Ebele Obiano And Bianca Ojukwu Shows What Really Happened / Breaking: President Buhari To Visit Akwa Ibom State On Monday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.