Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,159 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease (16489 Views)

My Narrow Escape from Incurable Sti / Global Diabetes Compact: WHO Announces New Programme On World Diabetes Day / World Diabetes Day: Experts Recommend Natural Remedies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease by exlinkleads(f): 6:49am On Feb 15, 2019
Most times, the symptoms of diabetes differs but if you feel tired, hungry and excessively thirsty all the time, or you experience blurred vision or a tingling in the feet, or you lost weight, frequently visited the toilet to urinate, chances are you could be suffering from diabetes.

Diabetes occurs when your body is unable to break down glucose into energy. This is because there is either not enough insulin (produced by the pancreas) to break down the glucose, or the insulin produced does not work properly. Diabetes is an incurable disease, (though could be managed) but can be hereditary and can lead to other medical complications if not well managed.

In 2017, statistics from the World Health Organsation indicates that about 8.8 per cent of the global population had diabetes. That is over 450 million people diagnosed with the disease. Unfortunately, the figure is projected to rise to 9.9 per cent by 2045 making diabetes one of the fastest growing chronic non-communicable diseases in the world.

Diabetes has remained one of the leading causes of kidney failure. It also doubles the risk for heart attack or stroke and there is no cure for it. For those already diagnosed with diabetes, it can be treated with insulin, dietary changes, and exercise. However, for those yet to have the disease; here are some things you need to do to prevent it.

1. Know your blood sugar level – Having knowledge of your blood sugar level is very important. In fact, this is the first step to take in preventing or treatment of diabetes. This can be done through professional help by doctors or other certified medical personnel. The test for this is called fasting blood sugar or fasting blood glucose. It measures the estimated level of sugar in the blood at a given time or over a period of time.

The test is done in the morning before the person has eaten. The normal range for blood glucose is 70 to 100mg/dl.

2. Eat balanced and healthy diet – Your eating habit is a predisposing factor to having diabetes. There is a need to eat balanced and healthy diet especially vegetables, fruits, roughages or food high in fibre, among others. There is also a need to reduce high intake of carbohydrates food as this converts to sugar when digested. Also reduce fat in your diet especially saturated and trans fat like cakes, cookies bread etc. There is a need to also reduce intake of salt, sugar and alcoholic drinks. Also avoid or minimise processed foods.

3. Exercise regularly/always be active – Do not live a sedentary lifestyle. You need regular exercise. Regular exercise increases the insulin sensitivity of the cells and puts the blood sugar automatically under control.

4. Control your blood pressure – There is a link between blood pressure and diabetes. To reduce the risk of diabetes especially in people with hereditary history of the disease, there is a need to constantly monitor your blood pressure. Most times hypertension and diabetes are conjoined twins.

Read more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2019/02/today-is-world-diabates-day-these-are-9.html?m=1

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease by datopaper(m): 6:51am On Feb 15, 2019
More importantly, become a vegetarian

6 Likes

Re: Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease by Pulsenaija: 7:42am On Feb 15, 2019
K

Have you check this 20 top paying business to start with as low as 100k

https://pulsenaija.com.ng/others/20-paying-business-you-can-start-with-less-than-100k-in-nigeria/
Re: Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:42am On Feb 15, 2019
Very good thread OP.
Thumbs up.

Oan,
A barbecue a day, keeps the doctor away!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease by omojeesu(m): 7:44am On Feb 15, 2019
World Diabetes Day is 14th November!!!

3 Likes

Re: Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease by Nitobegiku: 7:45am On Feb 15, 2019
Nitobegiku is the solution.
Re: Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease by h2wstore: 7:45am On Feb 15, 2019
Really! I thought it is November 14

1 Like

Re: Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease by omojeesu(m): 7:45am On Feb 15, 2019
It's not today. It's 14th November!!!

3 Likes

Re: Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease by Cubeet: 7:46am On Feb 15, 2019
Hereditary
Re: Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease by omojeesu(m): 7:46am On Feb 15, 2019
h2wstore:
Really! I thought it is November 14

It is.

1 Like

Re: Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease by Yankiss(m): 7:46am On Feb 15, 2019
Very informative. Some people believe that because they are slim they can't have diabetes. False. Many have lost it out if ignorance. We need to stay healthy. Diabetes is highly debilitating.

2 Likes

Re: Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease by Glink2018(m): 7:47am On Feb 15, 2019
Quickly pray this prayer;

That every enemy of "next level movement" in this Saturday election, baptise them with incurable diabetes and strokes

1 Like

Re: Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease by MrAnele(m): 7:47am On Feb 15, 2019
Cool... Girls with big butt don't have to worry about diabetes though... According to the study below, them get very lower risk

Women With Big Butts Have Lower Risk of Heart Attack, Stroke, Diabetes — Study

1 Like

Re: Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease by Abayor7: 7:50am On Feb 15, 2019
So today is your own November 14.. And the mod even moved it to the FP with less than 5 comments

1 Like

Re: Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease by tushymichelle: 7:51am On Feb 15, 2019
THIS IS AN INCREDIBLE ICTTRAINING OF A LIFETIME– GUARANTEED TO MAKE YOU AN ICT PRO IN 2019 AND WITHIN 4 WEEKS

I am PAUL, a full fledged Multimedia Expert - Graphics Designer, Photographer, Video Editor, 3D Animator and Motion Graphics Expert.

My expertise lies in branding, design and typography, which are exemplified in each project I am involved in. With my extensive working experience in Photoshop, Illustrator, Corel Draw and InDesign (including other Adobe design tools), it allows me to consistently create designs that align accordingly with clients' expectations. I tackle any design project with a keen eye, a steady hand and endless imagination. With my experience and malleable creativity, I am able to produce solid design work that truly reflects my limitless skill as a multimedia designer and more importantly clients’ visions which there result in killer designs and happy clients

With my passion for creative training, let me teach you to produce killer designs in 4 weeks!

WHAT YOU WOULD MASTER AFTER THIS 4 WEEKS PRACTICAL-DRIVEN TRAINING

- The Breakdown of Curriculum that covers EVERYTHING you would practically learn during the training period can be obtained on the website link in banner or better still reach our customer care to request for curriculum sent to you via email

FEES: N28,000 - DISCOUNT FOR EARLY PAYMENT and
N30,000 - PAYMENT ON TRAINING DAY

DATE: Tuesday, 26th of February, 2019

TIME (10am – 2pm) – Time subject to changes for flexibility

PERIOD: 4 Weeks Marathon Training (Weekends and 3 times a Week training also available but with higher charges)

CERTIFICATION: Certificates issued At End of Training at a little extra cost

VENUE: IKEJA LAGOS

REQUIRED: Just Your Laptop and passion for Creative Designs

OUR FIRM GUARANTEE: THIS OUR GUARANTEE - WE WONT TRAIN YOU THE WAY EVEN SOME OF THE BIGGEST ICT TRAINING CENTERS & NAMES IN NIGERIA DO (SOME USUALLY TEACH NONSENSE, IF YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW) - WE WILL TRAIN AND IMPACT YOU TO BE AN ICT PROFESSIONAL WITH JOB-READY KNOWLEDGE DURING AND AFTER GRADUATION - YES, WITH 1,000% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE

Contacts and Website on Banners

Re: Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease by contigiency(m): 7:51am On Feb 15, 2019
Secondus and Fayose will find this advice useful.
Re: Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease by ikorodureporta: 7:51am On Feb 15, 2019
cheesy Click like if you didn't waste semen yesterday

6 Likes

Re: Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease by frankIzuchukwu(m): 7:52am On Feb 15, 2019
Type 1 diabetes is genetic (unpreventable) can only be controlled using artificial insulin.

Type 2 diabetes is obtain through diet(preventable) choosing a good choice of diet dat contains starch rather the simple suger.
Re: Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease by Hoodbilonia: 7:53am On Feb 15, 2019
I dey take blackwood steady
Derok steady
Bitterleaf water steady
Bitter kola steady
Sugar very low
I no fit finish pepsi on a normal day
Diabetes. Not me niggi

2 Likes

Re: Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease by Hoodbilonia: 7:54am On Feb 15, 2019
Everyday u keep editing fake slips
From jan to dec
I cant be doing this if at the end of the day u cant even cap 100k or 3m a year
U r just cursed
Hoping your phone wud ring
Hahahahaha
I vant wait tl u take sniper
In 2019 n u feel ppl still dumb like u
Fixeds8:
See prove bellow!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease by IMASTEX: 7:56am On Feb 15, 2019
Nice tips. Intake & routine is key. We have herbs to help reduce sugar level, calories, cholesterol.
Re: Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease by IMASTEX: 7:57am On Feb 15, 2019
Nice tips
Re: Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease by lordempire(m): 8:02am On Feb 15, 2019
Diabetes is a killer of millions coupled with it's debilitating complications.
Thanks for this thread, however World Diabetes Day is November 14.
Thanks

Re: Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease by deltateam: 8:07am On Feb 15, 2019
Fixeds8:
See prove bellow!!

Die! So you created account today just to scam. You people are more stupid than I thought.

1 Like

Re: Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease by Hollowshaft222(m): 8:07am On Feb 15, 2019
Hmmm educative post

Check my signature to migrate to Canada
Re: Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease by MrRhymes101(m): 8:13am On Feb 15, 2019
Re: Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease by MacLovington(m): 8:14am On Feb 15, 2019
Pulsenaija:
K

Have you check this 20 top paying business to start with as low as 100k

https://pulsenaija.com.ng/others/20-paying-business-you-can-start-with-less-than-100k-in-nigeria/
Hmmmm
Re: Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease by hokafor(m): 8:15am On Feb 15, 2019
this poster are you using Chinese calendar?

(1) (2) (Reply)

COVID-19: Enugu State Government Acquires 2 Ambulances And 1 Incident Vehicle / Lagos Discharges 37 Coronavirus Patients Today / Anambra Hospital Performs 5 Open Heart Surgeries (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.