Stats: 3,159,200 members, 7,839,090 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. (23373 Views)

Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please / Alpha Male Vs Baby Mama Wahala In My Street ! / A Hotel Is Turning My Street Into Sodom And Gomorrah!!! (2) (3) (4)

Re: I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 19, 2019
Remove the street name sign post and put your

Simple

Re: I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. by Smile4daddy(m): 1:01pm On Mar 19, 2019
Olamsoh:
Nigerian graduates believe that someone can use another person's underwear and used sanitary products to make money by supernatural means.

So shameful.
Waiting you know make e know you.

Waiting you nor know, nor go fit know you.

Welther you understand my pigin English or not, e concern you.

Reason why all these Graduates/ I read books people always end up dieing in Illiterate man backyard.

Re: I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. by bettercreature(m): 1:02pm On Mar 19, 2019
DigitalGenius:
Firstly, you need to be extremely rich for this to happen. You have to provide certain resources such as tarred roads, Street lights, borehole etc.... The street will begin you to name the street even after your Dog.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. by Abokinah: 1:03pm On Mar 19, 2019
Even Nigerian professors believe. It's the major reason we remain a backward nation. We are damn too superstitious and mystical. So we will never be a nation of critical thinkers, no magic to it we are going to be lime this for long.

Olamsoh:
Nigerian graduates believe that someone can use another person's underwear and used sanitary products to make money by supernatural means.

So shameful.

Re: I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. by Femi316: 1:05pm On Mar 19, 2019
Zanziman:
Hello nairalanders, I lost my Dad last year and I am still recovering. I have two things I want to do in his memory and one of it is renaming my street in Lagos after him. Does anyone knows how I can go about it?
If them knock your sense your head go big......?
Re: I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. by kponkedenge(m): 1:10pm On Mar 19, 2019
Toxako:
Street naming is under the Local Government Council, so I think you should proceed by visiting the LGA of the area for further information.

BUT! If the street already has a name, i ain't too sure if its possible to rename it by another individual.

It seems it's under the jurisdiction of only the government to rename it and since our government is all about money, you may successfully buy them in to favour you.

...click like if you agree

Is there any street in that doesn't have a name?
Re: I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. by jeeqaa7(m): 1:10pm On Mar 19, 2019
Zanziman:
Hello nairalanders, I lost my Dad last year and I am still recovering. I have two things I want to do in his memory and one of it is renaming my street in Lagos after him. Does anyone knows how I can go about it?

I don't know about Lagos but if you want to immortalize him in Abuja.
Contact me.
Re: I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. by villybest(f): 1:15pm On Mar 19, 2019
Go to local government, street name dept, If it has a name already, you might be lucky if the beneficiaries have not been paying levies, you can get it changed to yours.. There was a time we defaulted in paying ours inside Ogudu GRA, Lagos, the threatened us with a replacement name.

Re: I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. by Zanziman: 1:22pm On Mar 19, 2019
Zanziman:

He owns a house in the street and amongst the first 5 people to build a house there.
Re: I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. by derbykol(f): 1:27pm On Mar 19, 2019
Take heart.I buried mine two days ago.Quite painful.

Re: I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. by kernniejay(m): 1:30pm On Mar 19, 2019
Firs firs, go to the local govt, they will guide u and u may get it done las las.
Re: I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. by seangy4konji: 1:32pm On Mar 19, 2019
i think if your dad was the first person who made path or street and built the house in that area is entitled to having the street named in his.....

well that was in my dads case
Re: I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. by Zanziman: 1:32pm On Mar 19, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:
How developed is it, is your dad active within the CDA, who holds the current name, are you also humble enough for other landlords to accept your proposal? A positive answer to all that is the first step, the next is to go apply at the LGA. Don't try the method of money can do all things, else, you have a street name without a location, as the community shall maintain existing name and you won't be able to do anything about it

He was active with CDA. I don't have much money, I just want to know how achievable it is with the requirements. That will give me an idea if I should go ahead or think something else. Money is not everything.

Re: I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. by dododawa1: 1:45pm On Mar 19, 2019
Is Ur surname not Ur father name or U want to rename d street by claiming.
Re: I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. by dododawa1: 1:46pm On Mar 19, 2019
Is Ur surname not Ur father name or U want to rename d street by claiming.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. by Evangkatsoulis: 1:48pm On Mar 19, 2019
Olamsoh:

So shameful.

Did they teach you anything to the contrary in the university?

Re: I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. by Adekorya: 2:04pm On Mar 19, 2019
Olamsoh:

So shameful.

You stole another person statement on twitter and posted in a topic that have nothing to do with the statement
All because you wanna appear intelligent

Re: I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. by Gforce2019: 2:07pm On Mar 19, 2019
I know you are one of this Yamiri. .
Want to rename street after your father...go to your home town and rename any street of your choice to your father's name
Re: I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. by Gforce2019: 2:07pm On Mar 19, 2019
I know you are one of this Yamiri. .
Want to rename street after your father...go to your home town and rename any street of your choice to your father's name.

Eediot! IPOB piglets
Re: I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. by kingxsamz(m): 2:09pm On Mar 19, 2019
Olamsoh:

So shameful.

As in ehn...
It's really sad.
Told my colleagues that election can never be won through juju, jazz or any spiritual means. And they were insulting and laughing at me. I just left them to their thoughts.

Re: I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. by Adekorya: 2:17pm On Mar 19, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:

Did they teach you anything to the contrary in the university?
Re: I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. by Cherrybae(f): 2:24pm On Mar 19, 2019
Let's know your tribe first before I will comment.

Are you Yoruba or Igbo

You answer will solve the matter
Re: I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. by loomer: 2:26pm On Mar 19, 2019
Make them just carry street name give u abi?

I sure say na person name dey the street before.
Re: I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. by tonymyke4life(m): 2:37pm On Mar 19, 2019
Build a house in d midst of a bush or forest and clear and tar d path leading to d main road. Since ur house is d first u can name it after u. U wud also need to register it too. My one kobo contribution
Re: I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. by sammie99: 3:44pm On Mar 19, 2019
Visit the local govt council where the said street is located. It the duty of the local govt to name street
Re: I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. by Abcruz(m): 4:40pm On Mar 19, 2019
Olamsoh:

So shameful.

Hear the word of the sovereign LORD O simple one:

It is shameful even to talk about the things that ungodly people do in secret.--Ephesians 5:12

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows.--1 Timothy 6:10

Re: I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. by mechanics(m): 4:56pm On Mar 19, 2019
hmmmmm, the street belongs to the state government, so you have to approach them.
Re: I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. by Fidelismaria: 5:02pm On Mar 19, 2019
Check my signature
Re: I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Mar 19, 2019
DigitalGenius:
Firstly, you need to be extremely rich for this to happen. You have to provide certain resources such as tarred roads, Street lights, borehole etc.... The street will beg you to name the street even after your Dog.
lies
Re: I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. by boyjo: 7:23pm On Mar 20, 2019
TroubleMaker47:
Buy all the properties on the street!
MONEY STOPS NONSENSE!

Zanziman this may be the only way. You want to rename an already named steet?! Hmm

Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year / NGO Withdraws Help After Woman Whose Husband Assaulted Her Cries For His Release / What Will Make A Single Lady Date A Married Man?