Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,858 members, 7,876,276 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:46 PM

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City - Travel (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City (1584506 Views)

East African Federation (EAC) / Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics / African City Skyline Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 12:28am On Nov 10, 2012
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 12:30pm On Nov 10, 2012
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 12:34pm On Nov 10, 2012
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 9:23pm On Nov 11, 2012
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 9:38pm On Nov 11, 2012
Jacaranda trees blossom in the autumn

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 9:50pm On Nov 11, 2012

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 9:55pm On Nov 11, 2012
Museum Hill / Westlands area:

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 10:18pm On Nov 12, 2012

Syokimau Railway Station

One complete,22 more stations to go. smiley

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 10:30pm On Nov 12, 2012
A Corporate Homecoming: Why multinationals are increasingly choosing Nairobi as their African home base

In the past week, Pfizer, PwC, and Posterscope, an outdoor advertising company, have announced plans to open offices up in Nairobi to expand their reach on the continent. However, theses companies are far from being first movers, as Nairobi has hosted multinationals such as Citibank, Nokia, and Siemens for some time now.

Why Nairobi and why now?

Kenya is East Africa’s biggest economy as well as its de facto ICT leader in terms of broadband internet availability and cost. The country’s burgeoning middle class and the nascent East African Community, an intergovernmental organization mandated with facilitating trade between the member countries, are harbingers of economic prosperity for not only the countries of East Africa but also for multinational firms who have been waiting for solid footing onto the continent. The potential addition of South Sudan to the EAC could bolster the trade bloc even further.

In addition to promising macroeconomic factors, Nairobi boasts a talented pool of young entrepreneurs especially in ICT – a key reason Excelsior established offices in Nairobi in 2009. With private investment funds pouring onto the continent as well, it seems as if the corporate rationale for opening up regional offices in Nairobi will create value for both global investor and Kenyan citizen alike.

http://www.excelsiorfirm.com/index.p...&id=73&Itemid=

Interesting read! smiley
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 10:35pm On Nov 12, 2012
Kenya seals deal to host IBM’s first Africa research hub

IBM is set to open a research laboratory in Kenya, the first in Africa, in a joint venture with the government.

The facility is expected to drive Kenya’s transition to a modern services economy through research into age-old problems like traffic congestion, low agricultural productivity and slow public service delivery.

“Kenya’s vision is to become the top hub in the continent. IBM’s commitment to undertake the proposed research agenda will contribute greatly to our national priorities as part of Vision 2030,” said President Mwai Kibaki when he signed the agreement for setting up the laboratory with IBM Chief Executive Ginni Rometty.

Intellectual property in form of innovation from the facility will be shared between Kenya and IBM.

The laboratory, which will serve all local universities, starts operations next month at the Catholic University of Eastern Africa.

The research facility becomes the 12th in the world after those in Australia, Brazil, China, India, Ireland, Japan, Switzerland and the US.

The initiative is part of IBM’s strategy to grow its dominance in Kenya and the region.

Some of the research areas that the IBM research centre will cover include next generation public sector, smarter cities and human capacity development by boosting the innovation and engaging entrepreneurs.

“We see significant growth in Africa and specifically Kenya. It makes sense to invest here,” said Tony Mwai, the country general manager at IBM East Africa.

Under the agreement, the government will contribute $2 million (Sh169 million) for the next five years, while IBM will provide the hardware, software and high-end scientific expertise.

Speaking at the press briefing, the IBM vice-president, Dr Robert Moris, said: “I don’t have the exact amount of what IBM will invest in the lab, but it is a significant part of our research investment which is $ 6.5 billion.”

Kenya’s contribution will be spent on utility bills and paying local researchers. The facility is also expected to create employment opportunities for the youth.

http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/C...z/-/index.html
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 10:38pm On Nov 12, 2012
An incomplete list of companies with regional or continental HQ's in Nairobi,as of November 2012

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 13, 2012
Beautiful thread.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 4:51am On Nov 15, 2012
fellis: Beautiful thread.

Thanks. smiley
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 4:55am On Nov 15, 2012
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 5:03am On Nov 15, 2012
Newly opened hotel - The Boma,Mombasa Road

Exterior 1 by The BOMA Hotels, on Flickr

Tembo Restaurant-Bar by The BOMA Hotels, on Flickr
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:37am On Nov 16, 2012
Eka Hotel

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:39am On Nov 16, 2012
Mombasa Road

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 3:10pm On Nov 17, 2012

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 3:20pm On Nov 17, 2012
Westlands

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 3:22pm On Nov 17, 2012

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by ayox2003: 3:33pm On Nov 17, 2012
Gallivant, great work from you.

I'm eager to see the beauty of Nairobi as I'll be leaving Nigeria tonight. My ticket slip tells me that I'll be in Kenya 06:00am tomorrow.

I hope to have a swell time.

Frawzey
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by ayox2003: 3:34pm On Nov 17, 2012
Gallivant, great work from you.

I'm eager to see the beauty of Nairobi as I'll be leaving Nigeria tonight. My ticket slip tells me that I'll be in Kenya 06:00am tomorrow.

I hope to have a swell time for the few days I'm gonna spend there.

Frawzey
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 2:57pm On Nov 19, 2012
ayox2003: Gallivant, great work from you.

I hope to have a swell time for the few days I'm gonna spend there.

Frawzey

Thanks and welcome to Nairobi. cheesy
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 2:59pm On Nov 19, 2012
Secret Garden Cafe at 14 Riverside: http://www.eatout.co.ke/Secret-Garden-Cafe-p/secretgarden.htm

1 by eatoutafrica, on Flickr

3 by eatoutafrica, on Flickr

6 by eatoutafrica, on Flickr

4 by eatoutafrica, on Flickr
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by ayox2003: 3:52pm On Nov 19, 2012
I'm lodged at Sagret Hotel here in Kenya which is not far from the Presidential Villa (State House).

Nairobi is really a beautiful city.

I'll be going to the Safari tomorrow as I've got some time to spare.

Will upload pictures when I get back to Nigeria as I'm not here with my USB cable.

Frawzey
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by volina(f): 1:47pm On Nov 26, 2012
ayox2003: I'm lodged at Sagret Hotel here in Kenya which is not far from the Presidential Villa (State House).

Nairobi is really a beautiful city.

I'll be going to the Safari tomorrow as I've got some time to spare.

Will upload pictures when I get back to Nigeria as I'm not here with my USB cable.

Frawzey
enjoy urself.we eagerly waiting for ua photos.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by OriginalThesis: 1:30pm On Nov 28, 2012

omg kenya is such a serious country.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 12:41am On Nov 30, 2012
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 12:49am On Nov 30, 2012
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:07am On Nov 30, 2012
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:07am On Nov 30, 2012

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (204) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.