Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City (1579038 Views)

East African Federation (EAC) / Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics / African City Skyline Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 7:55pm On Jun 24, 2009
Yaya Center Mall

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 7:57pm On Jun 24, 2009
Nakumatt Crossroads Mall- Karen

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 7:59pm On Jun 24, 2009
Nakumatt Mega Mall,Uhuru highway

Bata Shop

Books First Restaurant

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by nacafaca: 11:32am On Jun 25, 2009
Hi guys smiley we will move with the family (me,my husband ans 2 y.o son) or to congo or kenya nairobi smiley we never been to africa and from what l saw on interner l like much more nairobi smiley can u just tell me how much money at about we need for costs of life there (company will give us home and car) and is it safe for me to walk on day alone with the kid in down town and to use taxi (we are from greece)?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by hackney(m): 1:06pm On Jun 25, 2009
Let's own up to the facts ; nigeria is shit compared to most of africa;
we are just big-headed which i dont even know where it comes from.
Since the whites left we have been ruled by monkeys and we exhault loot.

We are just the most populous black monkeys.
Nonsense.
Abuja is completely tacky compared to other countries; abuja should be just a small project compared to how much that dump of a country sees every bleeping day.
infact every state in that dump should have an 'abuja' by now but  oh no! we are busy having tribal squabbles.

We should be thoroughly ashamed of our selves.
What our black monkey leaders know how to do is to buy houses in other peoples' countries that have been sensibly managed.
Bunch of idiots.
Nigeria can collapse into hell for all i care!!
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Huan: 1:12pm On Jun 25, 2009
Anger and frustrations, while natural reactions, do not solve our problems. After the insults, what's the way out. I still feel that it shall be better. Our (mis)leaders did not create the country Nigeria and God surely not allow them to (mis)lead us to perdition, deprivation, hunger and hopelessness. Please sir, keep praying and doing your good deeds and the day of reckoning will come, by His Grace.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by hackney(m): 1:15pm On Jun 25, 2009
FYI :No country in Africa created itself rather Europe sat down in the 1700's and not only mapped africa but chose who to colonise so that's no excuse.

Our problem is our monkey leaders which i think it a recycle of the same people and their offsprings.
infact that dump needs a revolution (in another thread we are getting that abacha's son wants to run for something ; tomorrow you will hear that he won something)

That land may be cursed ; jokes apart.

And if you have a closer look , abuja would have cost 1000 times more that nairobi.
Meanwhile OBJ's daughter is causing commotion somewhere and Soludo's kids schooling in london stay in a multi million pound house.
I need to throw up ; excuse me. . . . .
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by IKEYMAN1: 6:10pm On Jun 25, 2009
glad someone just realise that

i told them time after time that that those people arent human they are monkies

aso-monkies for real

or u tell me what they are
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 3:23am On Jun 26, 2009
]

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 3:29am On Jun 26, 2009

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 3:41am On Jun 26, 2009
This post focuses on two of Nairobi's oldest high schools: Kenya High school and Nairobi School. Both were built in the colonial period and modelled on British public schools. I find their architecture interesting.

[B]The Kenya High School.[/B]

[B]The Nairobi School (formerly Prince of wales)[/B]

^^
Former S.A. president F.W. de Clerk attended the Nairobi School
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Ioklen(m): 7:44pm On Jun 26, 2009
hello, nacafaca, Karibu! I'll joint with u but at list u may come first and have a look how da situation there, thats recommended,
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by IKEYMAN1: 10:54pm On Jun 26, 2009
yes kenya poeple

those pic are really nice,nice to seeing an african city lookin really good, let them outside world know for real

even mandingo dnt like what he is seein

however forget postin pic of when the s-africa president slave-master went to school in kenya

plz plz maintain the picz of present kenya here
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Marthero: 10:38am On Jun 27, 2009
Those who come here and start commenting a bout the slums must be very ignorant, yes Nairobi has slums and that is what the media talks a bout all the time as if there are no richest, richer or middle class citizens in Kenya. If anything these slums are filled with foreigners from war zone countries like Sudan, Rwanda, Congo, Somali, etc it's not like most Kenyans live in the slums, kibera is mainly Sudanese refugges. someone just commented Nigeria dont have people who go in swords, spears and without clothes. Yes, we have the maasai, samburu etc it is not because they are primitive or anything like that, they have kept their culture and proud to be whatever they are they dont need to be like westerners, go to North of Norway there are the same type of people it doesn't make them ignorant they love to keep their culture, they are educated and live in a developed country. This site is to show the most ignorant people the good side of Africa, it's not only about sicknesses, poverty, etc Africa has it's beauty too, as for comments for Nigeria they have oil if their Government could stop looting they would be very far, just like the Kenyan leaders they loot the taxpayers money which should stop, and build our nation.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by nacafaca: 10:58am On Jun 27, 2009
Unfortunatly my husband will go only to chack congo (kenya vary little possibilities) anyway salary will deacide wehere we will go so if we dont like after he will have to stay and me wiyh the son to retur to greece!
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 4:09pm On Jun 27, 2009
Asante Marthero,you are always welcome nacafaca smiley

South Eastern Nairobi (Mombasa road, Mlolongo, Athi river.)

Because this area is quite large, I will focus on new construction projects taking place.

Mombasa road:

Some huge housing projects being built in the Embakasi suburb, as seen from Mombasa road.

Dual carriage highway being constructed and it sure is wide. (This is near the JKIA turnoff.)

New industrial parks around Mlolongo/Mavoko.( I also understand they are constructing BPO outsourcing call centres here.)

Suburbs springing up all over the plains of Athi river. (It's bound to be E. Africa's largest suburban sprawl given the number of housing projects here.)

New cement factory U/C. The old portland cement factory is also undergoing expansion.

Pillars for a flyover over the highway.

I think this is one of the underpasses for the Athi River/Namanga highway interchange.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 4:15pm On Jun 27, 2009
The Mall, Westlands. (Couldn't take many photos coz of security.)

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 4:19pm On Jun 27, 2009
City square.

[quote][/QUOTE]
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 4:20pm On Jun 27, 2009
java house upperhill wink

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 4:27pm On Jun 27, 2009

Mombasa Road

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 4:33pm On Jun 27, 2009
CBD is well kept

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 4:36pm On Jun 27, 2009

waiyaki way below

[/
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 4:41pm On Jun 27, 2009
Guide to eating out in Nairobi

Enjoy smiley
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by tpiah: 4:51pm On Jun 27, 2009
Love the eating out guide, but Kenya (like south Africa) does have a large number of whites, Arabs, Asians and other non-black nationalities whose ancestors were born and raised in the country for generations. And are as Kenyan as anyone else there.

Same way Zimbabwe would have been but for circumstances.

btw, why arent there more biracial Kenyans? I find it rather puzzling that one doesnt meet so many of them. Surely Nigeria and Ghana dont have more mixed people than Kenya?

Just curious.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by blackspade(m): 5:00pm On Jun 27, 2009
@ tpia

Most of the non-blacks in Kenya are Indian I believe, and we ALL know how they are when it comes to mixing (especially with Black). What's up with that?

Anyways, the only places I know of that have sizable mixed Black-Indian communities are in the Caribbean (mainly Trinidad & Tobago), and Mauritius.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 6:22pm On Jun 27, 2009
I hope this will settle the race issue in this thread,

Kenya Population Demographics
Total 30 million
Other African 15%
Non-African (Asian, European, and Arab) 1%

By Religion
Christian-Protestant 45%
Roman Catholic 33%
Muslim 10%
Indigenous beliefs 10%
Other 2%

Source: CIA World Factbook (2008 edition)
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 7:10pm On Jun 27, 2009
Greenpark - Athi River

[B]Name:[/B] Greenpark
[B]Location:[/B] Athi River, Kenya (29km south-east of Nairobi)
[B]Project:[/B] Masterplan
[B]Use:[/B] Residential/Office/Leisure/Retail.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 7:14pm On Jun 27, 2009
Graceland,Athi River

Due to the expansion of Nairobi, the capital of Kenya, and the significant economic growth that Kenya has experienced over the last 5 years, the potential to purchase land and build apartments has become a tangible and commercial investment.

Graceland Athi River (GAR) is a Joint Venture company formed between a Kenyan company, Graceland Holdings, and a UK company Hand in Hand.

Graceland Athi River has purchased 24 acres of development land in the Athi River region of Nairobi District. This is on the Nairobi / Mombassa Road, approximately 10km from the airport. We have engaged a Kenyan architect who has designed a complex of 198 dwellings of detached and semi detached homes. We anticipate the construction project will run for 24 months, during which time we will be creating employment for over 250 Kenyans, and providing training in all aspects of construction.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 8:57pm On Jun 28, 2009

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by MrCrackles(m): 9:00pm On Jun 28, 2009
Dat is it. . . . . .M moving to Kenya! cheesy
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 9:06pm On Jun 28, 2009

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 9:09pm On Jun 28, 2009
you are welcome,MrCrackles cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (204) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.