Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,677 members, 7,840,674 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Meaning And Origin Of The Word Isee Or Amen - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meaning And Origin Of The Word Isee Or Amen (3616 Views)

Animals Names In Yoruba And Their English Meaning / Pidgin Words, Meaning And Origin You Need To Know / Origin Of The Name Bello?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meaning And Origin Of The Word Isee Or Amen by goalernestman: 7:29pm On Apr 22, 2019
Isee is a native word to say Amen in the east of Nigeria and in the south south of Nigeria it origin.

Isee is amen in both igbo and south it means it work, it alright in Edo, it originated from benin it now use to say amen in south and in east of Nigeria.

Iha see, charm or magic work or reach a name to a benin high ancient chief, Ihasee.

Osee in Benin means it will be ok or it aright or it reach, it a confirmation that it going to reach, in benin they will say what you say will answer for you so isse is an already confirmation that what you want will reach it destination or just simple alright.

words that is not amen in benin but isee related.

Ijesu see na ro meaning god reach to worship

Osee it ok, it alright it reach

iha see, charm or magic work or reach a name to a benin high ancient chief, Ihasee.

ebo see me

Osa see men God work for me or god reach me or god alone is alright for me.

when you ask someone to take something and the person is taken it and if it has reach your limit in benin you will just say Osee meaning it alright now or it ok or it reach.

Isee have a very long history in benin how it started to be the name to confirmed what you have prayed for. Yes it alright, ok, confirmed, reach but it story is different it was during the Eware of Benin empire it started to be used as a confirmation for your prayers.
Re: Meaning And Origin Of The Word Isee Or Amen by opparadise: 8:05pm On Apr 22, 2019
Your epistle was just focused on what it meant in Benin and not its etymology, as for instance, in Iboland.
Stop being opinionated; what means sth in this land may mean another in another land. It does not mean it began from one land.

2 Likes

Re: Meaning And Origin Of The Word Isee Or Amen by DonCandido(f): 8:21pm On Apr 22, 2019
goalernestman:
Isee is a native word to say Amen in the east of Nigeria and in the south south of Nigeria it origin.

Isee is amen in both igbo and south it means it work, it alright in Edo, it originated from benin it now use to say amen in south and in east of Nigeria.

Iha see, charm or magic work or reach a name to a benin high ancient chief, Ihasee.

Osee in Benin means it will be ok or it aright or it reach, it a confirmation that it going to reach, in benin they will say what you say will answer for you so isse is an already confirmation that what you want will reach it destination or just simple alright.

words that is not amen in benin but isee related.

Ijesu see na ro meaning god reach to worship

Osee it ok, it alright it reach

iha see, charm or magic work or reach a name to a benin high ancient chief, Ihasee.

ebo see me

Osa see men God work for me or god reach me or god alone is alright for me.

when you ask someone to take something and the person is taken it and if it has reach your limit in benin you will just say Osee meaning it alright now or it ok or it reach.

Isee have a very long history in benin how it started to be the name to confirmed what you have prayed for. Yes it alright, ok, confirmed, reach but it story is different it was during the Eware of Benin empire it started to be used as a confirmation for your prayers.

I hail o!

My good friend, the tribalist una do o.

Can you work on your English a bit? We are struggling to understand you.

Thank you in advance and God bless.

Isee.
Re: Meaning And Origin Of The Word Isee Or Amen by goalernestman: 9:12pm On Apr 22, 2019
opparadise:
Your epistle was just focused on what it meant in Benin and not its etymology, as for instance, in Iboland.
Stop being opinionated; what means sth in this land may mean another in another land. It does not mean it began from one land.

So what dose Isee mean in igbo land because for me it means noting in the east but am free to learn
Re: Meaning And Origin Of The Word Isee Or Amen by goalernestman: 9:27pm On Apr 22, 2019
DonCandido:

I hail o!

My good friend, the tribalist una do o.

Can you work on your English a bit? We are struggling to understand you.

Thank you in advance and God bless.

Isee.

Fact is Isee has no meaning in igbo even igbo place called Isse luku. It and the name originated from Benin with it meaning also from Benin
Re: Meaning And Origin Of The Word Isee Or Amen by opparadise: 9:27pm On Apr 22, 2019
Re: Meaning And Origin Of The Word Isee Or Amen by goalernestman: 9:58pm On Apr 22, 2019
opparadise:

Young man, go and learn and research! I am not a free project supervisor to render achebebic history to you.

Because it has no meaning but if it has a short word like Isee would have been easy and shorter to say than what you just wrote here

(1) (Reply)

See The Secret Ogboni Fraternity Membership Form In 1955 (photo) / Archaic Igbo Naming Patterns And The Chi-prefix / Why Are Black Women Considered Unattractive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.