Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,210 members, 7,842,537 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Robert Marawa Sacked By Supersport - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Robert Marawa Sacked By Supersport (651 Views)

Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights / Robert Marawa Launches His Online TV After Being Dropped By Supersport.. / Supersport Fires Presenter Robert Marawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Robert Marawa Sacked By Supersport by sleekdre: 12:56am On May 18, 2019
Sportscaster Robert Marawa has been thrust to the top of Twitter's trends list as reaction pours in following his announcement that he has been sacked by SuperSport.

"I received a text around 18H50 tonight informing me that I should not bother coming to Studio for Thursday Night Live with Marawa Show on @SuperSportTV," Marawa tweeted.

robertmarawa

@robertmarawa
I received a text around 18H50 tonight informing me that I should not bother coming to Studio for Thursday Night Live with Marawa Show on @SuperSportTV... I would like to thank all those who have supported my journey as a Sportscaster & those I've worked with at Supersport! ✌�✌�

7:32 PM - May 16, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
10.5K people are talking about this
SuperSport spokesperson Clinton van der Berg confirmed that Marawa had been sacked from the broadcaster, citing restructuring as the reason.

"SuperSport is in the process of an exciting refresh of its local presenter line-up, which includes us not pursuing our contractual relationship with Robert Marawa."

His followers have expressed shock and sadness at the news.

Beta.
@pjay005
· May 16, 2019
Hau? What happened bhuti....you dont seem to be surprised.

robertmarawa

@robertmarawa
I received a text around 18H50 tonight informing me that I should not bother coming to Studio for Thursday Night Live with Marawa Show on @SuperSportTV... I would like to thank all those who have supported my journey as a Sportscaster & those I've worked with at Supersport! ✌�✌�

robertmarawa

@robertmarawa
One day u will ALL know. It will cost me my life but u will know.

7:54 PM - May 16, 2019
597 people are talking about this
Some even threatened to "cancel" their subscriptions.

View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter

G.S Maku
@gopolang6
A whole #RobertMarawa fired via a text message wow �a person who worked for them since 2006 then they don’t bid a farewell. Marawa is one of the kind, a rare talent. He deserved a big farewell. Even Mr. President wasn’t gna mind attending. Much respect "Gqimmmm sheleleeeee!".

5:07 AM - May 17, 2019
88 people are talking about this
View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter

Ray
@323i
#RobertMarawa we will just vent here on Twitter. Therz no1 who is going to cancel their dstv subscription including robert himself. We darkies r something else, after 2 days we wud hv all 4gt bout dis nd date my family will be trending meaning no1 canceled subscription. Sad truth

5:10 AM - May 17, 2019
48 people are talking about this

robertmarawa

@robertmarawa
· May 16, 2019

#MaritzburgSurvivesPlayoffs�⚽���
@macxphonic
This is madness, they still fight you even now.

Don't give up Rob.

7:59 PM - May 16, 2019
See #MaritzburgSurvivesPlayoffs�⚽���'s other Tweets

Confidence Ledwaba
@ConfyLedwaba
I think #RobertMarawa is in stage where he can open his own Sports Channel and hopefully give upcoming sports presenters a shot at this...first the SABC, now Supersport. What rubbish way to treat a big gun like him

5:52 AM - May 17, 2019
174 people are talking about this

MrLSir
@InfoLuckynt
That’s why they removed him on Extra Time they were preparing to remove him, this people are Evil. It’s high time we exercise our power and unsubscribe to this nonsense #RobertMarawa

4:34 AM - May 17, 2019
53 people are talking about this

robertmarawa

@robertmarawa
· May 16, 2019

ParrotOS
@MokoenaDee
Your employer has no shred of integrity. Honestly Robert has no business being afflicted with such conduct. Imagine how they treat people closed doors.

Despicable!!! Sies

8:17 PM - May 16, 2019 · Midrand, South Africa
See ParrotOS's other Tweets

Sir TK Tokologo Matlala
@tokollom
@SuperSportTV just so you know.... Only reason I kept paying your ridiculously high subscription was because of sport. And for me #RobertMarawa is synonymous with sport! Mind you not just football for me. You lose @robertmarawa, then you lose me as a subscriber!

3:58 AM - May 17, 2019
24 people are talking about this

Simphiwe Nyembe
@Spyanco
Most of these big companies are ran by greedy and heartless mafias who don't want to be confronted or told when they are doing something wrong. You speak out, you're deemed as a loudmouth and they'll do everything they can to silence you. #RobertMarawa #FreshBreakfast

4:54 AM - May 17, 2019
See Simphiwe Nyembe's other Tweets

LESIBA BETHUEL
@LMoekeletji
#RobertMarawa Love him or hate him the man is the very best Sportcaster, the moment they took him off #ExtraTime and the show is never the same again, I knew something is not right, now this... @SuperSportTV u will regret ever taking such a decision, @robertmarawa is a brand

6:40 AM - May 17, 2019 · Mhluzi, South Africa
See LESIBA BETHUEL's other Tweets

Re: Robert Marawa Sacked By Supersport by rheether(f): 1:41am On May 18, 2019
Don't get too comfortable. Nobody is irreplaceable.
Re: Robert Marawa Sacked By Supersport by Christianos: 5:26am On May 18, 2019
Could this be reason? Or was Robert passing a subliminal message here?

https://www.supersport.com/football/nedbank-cup/video/1062484

(1) (Reply)

What Hazard Told Chelsea Team-mates In Whatsapp Group Before Real Madrid Move / Photos From The 2019 World 'wife Carrying' Championship / We Are Subscribing On 02 August.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.