Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,263 members, 7,833,104 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt (26076 Views)

DSS Arrests A Popular Pastor Who Prophesied Against Tinubu’s Incoming Govt / #EndSARS: Traffic Gridlock In Rivers As Pro-Buhari Protesters Take Over / Kwara Assembly Stops Incoming Govt. From Dissolving LG Councils (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by datola: 7:22pm On May 22, 2019
One of our best ministers

1 Like

Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by plaindealer: 7:23pm On May 22, 2019
iammo:
shocked

The gridlock and the economic boom, Mr Amaechi we the good people of Oyo state thank you for you unflinching intrest in our region, standard guage rail , inland port and the dedication you have showned by stoping by almost twice a month for inspection.

It breaks my heart that his people dont regard his commitment to National development, he was even caught insulting buhari his boss cos of his passion for Nigeria

Out f the 36 states, Oyo state is the greatest beneficiary of PMB/APC programs and policies from the railway to Lagos Ibadan express, dry port and many interstate highways under construction, but they went back to the party and the same people that neglected for 16 years without 1 single completed federal project.

This is when people work against their own best interest.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by LordMayor018: 7:27pm On May 22, 2019
issokay
Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by iammo(m): 7:35pm On May 22, 2019
plaindealer:

Out f the 36 states, Oyo state is the greatest beneficiary of PMB/APC programs and policies from the railway to Lagos Ibadan express, dry port and many interstate highways under construction, but they went back to the party and the same people that neglected for 16 years without 1 single completed federal project.

This is when people work against their own best interest.

funny thing is , even after the election loss.. Aviation minister was in ibadan lastweek to propose alakia airport a facelift by extending it runway from its 2400m to a longer lenght to accomodate foreign routes..

having a PDP state may not be bad for Southwest democracy

6 Likes

Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 22, 2019
AmazingELixir:
undecided

Unending rail project...Amaechi and em 1930 locomotives nogo allow us rest for Nairaland
ipob spotted

1 Like

Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 22, 2019
MKULTRA:
Na only SW dey Nigeria cheesy
ipob hate developments

2 Likes

Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by plaindealer: 7:46pm On May 22, 2019
iammo:

funny thing is , even after the election loss.. Aviation minister was in ibadan lastweek to give alakia airport a facelift by extending it runway from its 2400m to a longer lenght to accomodate foreign routes..

having a PDP state may not be bad for Southwest democracy

Exactly.

You are right, having a PDP state is not a bad idea, the only problem is PDP and lack of imagination, lack of ideas, incompetence and laziness. I hope the incoming PDP governor is not cut from that cesspool/PDP mould and, in fact, maybe he'll come up with his own brilliant ideas and keep reaching out to the APC government in Abuja to actualize his vision for his state.

The PDP is a bankrupt party in terms of competence and grand vision, but I'll give this man the benefit of the doubt.

5 Likes

Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by Guestlander: 7:51pm On May 22, 2019
AmazingELixir:
undecided

Unending rail project...Amaechi and em 1930 locomotives nogo allow us rest for Nairaland

Unending? The pace of work is actually remarkable. It started less than 16 months ago.

@op this is not light rail.

2 Likes

Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by plaindealer: 7:54pm On May 22, 2019
Guestlander:

Unending? The pace of work is actually remarkable. It started less than 16 months ago.

Don't waste your time on sadists and bitter people.

1 Like

Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by Blue3k(m): 8:02pm On May 22, 2019
Guestlander:

@op this is not light rail.

I know its what Amaechi called it though. I check multiple sources he made the mistake. I didnt care to correct it.

2 Likes

Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 22, 2019
AMAECHI is a fool no single project from your ministry in the south South and South East
Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by Onigbindemmd: 8:31pm On May 22, 2019
fagbohunayinde:
THE HOME OF QUALITY LAPTOPS…

BUY YOUR FOREIGN USED LAPTOPS AT MOST AFFORDABLE PRICES YOU CAN’T GET IN THE MARKET

These Laptops are Super clean from top brands such as Hp, Mac, Lenovo, Toshiba, Dell, Asus, Acer and lots more. Buy now at affordable price.

BENEFITS YOU GET WHEN YOU BUY FROM US

- Warranty on all laptops
- Very good hours of battery life
- All Laptops comes with WIFI Internet Enabled
- FREE Delivery on Selected Items
- FREE Original Charger

Contact us now to ORDER YOURS!
How much
Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by Onigbindemmd: 8:32pm On May 22, 2019
EvilMetahuman:
Amaechi is now my new favorite politician that I will gladly support if he intends to run for president.

South west gained a lot from him than obasanjo.
Correct
Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by Nobody: 8:45pm On May 22, 2019
Tomide007:
On rail transport we should give it to this government, i think amaechi should be retained.
Give it to the govt how? There's been so much noise and hype about this Ibadan-Lag rail which was not experienced when the previous govt was building Abj-Kaduna rail. I don't see any particularly outstanding thing done abt the rail other than the noise being generated

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by plaindealer: 8:45pm On May 22, 2019
kassidy4luvGEJ:
AMAECHI is a fool no single project from your ministry in the south South and South East

Amaechi gave them the largest, the most expensive and job-creating rail project in Nigeria worth $12 billion, but what have the elected officials from that region done to promote and actualize that project? Nothing. This is the same project they did everything in their power to frustrate and even remove from the table and budgetary proposal by the Amaechi.

Are the governors, reps and senators from that region talking about the project? No. Are the people in that region putting pressure on their leaders to promote and push the project forward? No.

1 Like

Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by RemiOAjayi: 8:48pm On May 22, 2019
8686:
Is the inland dry port still coming to Erunmu or location has been changed?

Erunmu, my home... let's wait and see
Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by RemiOAjayi: 8:49pm On May 22, 2019
8686:
Is the inland dry port still coming to Erunmu or location has been changed?

Erunmu, my home , let's wait and see
Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 22, 2019
plaindealer:

Exactly.

You are right, having a PDP state is not a bad idea, the only problem is PDP and lack of imagination, lack of ideas, incompetence and laziness. I hope the incoming PDP governor is not cut from that cesspool/PDP mould and, in fact, maybe he'll come up with his own brilliant ideas and keep reaching out to the APC government in Abuja to actualize his vision for his state.

The PDP is a bankrupt party in terms of competence and grand vision, but I'll give this man the benefit of the doubt.

You're not well informed. Most if not all of APC programmes are visions from the PDP while in government. The rail is part of the rail masterplan that was drawn by OBJ. This cabinet does not hold a candle in terms of competence when compared OBJ and GEJ's cabinet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by Oyinlomobambam(m): 8:53pm On May 22, 2019
post=78625624:

We living many hours from Ibadan in other states don't know what is happening there or what happened there in the last 4 years,
So we have little to say on this.
If you live in Ibadan, how true is this please?!
If true, Good job to the outgoing governor.
If not true, let us know....

God bless Oyo State.
God bless Nigeria.

No matter how good you are, some people will not see any good in u.
To me, he is the best we ever have.
In terms of security, 95%
Infrastructure, 80%
Salary, 50%

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by BuhariAdvocate: 8:54pm On May 22, 2019
Ameachi deserves some accolade. No wonder you retained your post.
Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by plaindealer: 9:05pm On May 22, 2019
Buckubuck:

You're not well informed. Most if not all of APC programmes are visions from the PDP while in government. The rail is part of the rail masterplan that was drawn by OBJ. This cabinet does not hold a candle in terms of competence when compared OBJ and GEJ's cabinet

Stop wasting your time, I don't consume or subscribe to what your kind peddle on the internet because it's rubbish and assault on our intelligence.

You are free to call the folks and the party that accumulated the largest revenue in Nigeria's history and still achieved nothing after 16 years in office your hero and saviour, but you can not convince me that the current administration and the folks that started and completed a major rail project in less than 3 years are worse than the party and the people that did not complete any rail project and even abandoned the now completed Warri Itakpe rail project for 30 years.

We don't have to go back and forth, hail and praise your incompetent and underachieving heroes all you want, just keep it to yourself.

1 Like

Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by EngrKem: 9:16pm On May 22, 2019
TheGameYard:
One of the few working ministers after Fashola
Why would u mention fashola with Almighty Amaechi? Amaechi is by far better and more experienced that that fashola? Infact Amaechi is by far better than all the ministers in this cabinet combined

2 Likes

Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by Lush100(m): 9:24pm On May 22, 2019
post=78625624:

We living many hours from Ibadan in other states don't know what is happening there or what happened there in the last 4 years,
So we have little to say on this.
If you live in Ibadan, how true is this please?!
If true, Good job to the outgoing governor.
If not true, let us know....

God bless Oyo State. .
God bless Nigeria.

For now only on paper.
I am yet to see the light rail.
May be another Oyo state whose capital is not ibadan have the rail in their domain.
God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by EngrKem: 9:26pm On May 22, 2019
plaindealer:

Exactly.

U lie Mr!!in terms of Governance, PDP governors have done better than their collegues in other party.
Don't be a hypocrit!!
Donald duke did better than any o his counterpart during his time!!
Amaechi as PDP governor did be than his counterpart during his time and followed by Akpabio another PDP governor,
At the moment, Emmanuel Udom is by far the best governor In Nigeria yet a PDP governor.
The truth is that some thieves of governors hide under pdp to steal thei states dry dry bad example is Abia from 1999 till date

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by adekolaelect(m): 9:41pm On May 22, 2019
MKULTRA:
Na only SW dey Nigeria cheesy
you will cry tire seby Tinubu is your enemy .you can't take two things at the same time your hatred ,insult and sabotage in politic is enough for you.keep it up .

1 Like

Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by plaindealer: 9:42pm On May 22, 2019
EngrKem:

U lie Mr!!in terms of Governance, PDP governors have done better than their collegues in other party.
Don't be a hypocrit!!
Donald duke did better than any o his counterpart during his time!! His state still can not get out of the massive debt and the white elephant projects he saddled them with.

Amaechi as PDP governor did be than his counterpart during his time and followed by Akpabio another PDP governor, Akpabio was a useless governor even though he fooled people with a few projects that didn't reflect the huge amount of money he sat on as the governor of the richest state in Nigeria. Amaecch is always a performer regardless of party, but he left the PDP because he couldn't stand the odious and incompetent PDP.

At the moment, Emmanuel Udom is by far the best governor In Nigeria yet a PDP governor. Very laughable, actually one of the lousiest governors in Nigeria.

The truth is that some thieves of governors hide under pdp to steal thei states dry dry bad example is Abia from 1999 till date

I see you limited your post to the SS and SS governors, sadly for you, the SS states are the richest states in Nigeria, but their governors are all useless underachievers.

2 Likes

Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by adekolaelect(m): 9:52pm On May 22, 2019
Buckubuck:

haaaa you are still using the old ideas but you can consolidate recession to Jonathan and obj government . one mans enemy's can't kill big grass cutters .free yourself you in bondage and no one can do it for you but yourself.
Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by anonimi: 9:55pm On May 22, 2019
Buckubuck:
Give it to the govt how? There's been so much noise and hype about this Ibadan-Lag rail which was not experienced when the previous govt was building Abj-Kaduna rail. I don't see any particularly outstanding thing done abt the rail other than the noise being generated

The previous government and PDP generally don't understand about mass communication, media management and propaganda. Something that APC does so well even though they are actually doing much less than PDP but stealing more money.

1 Like

Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:03pm On May 22, 2019
plaindealer:

Amaechi gave them the largest, the most expensive and job-creating rail project in Nigeria worth $12 billion, but what have the elected officials from that region done to promote and actualize that project? Nothing. This is the same project they did everything in their power to frustrate and even remove from the table and budgetary proposal by the Amaechi.

Are the governors, reps and senators from that region talking about the project? No. Are the people in that region putting pressure on their leaders to promote and push the project forward? No.

Can you substantiate any of your claims here? What special thing was done by Oyo elected officials to "promote and actualize" the project that their counterparts from Cross River or Akwa Ibom or Abia etc did not do?

2 Likes

Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by anonimi: 10:09pm On May 22, 2019
plaindealer:
Stop wasting your time, I don't consume or subscribe to what your kind peddle on the internet because it's rubbish and assault on our intelligence.

You are free to call the folks and the party that accumulated the largest revenue in Nigeria's history and still achieved nothing after 16 years in office your hero and saviour, but you can not convince me that the current administration and the folks that started and completed a major rail project in less than 3 years are worse than the party and the people that did not complete any rail project and even abandoned the now completed Warri Itakpe rail project for 30 years.

We don't have to go back and forth, hail and praise your incompetent and underachieving heroes all you want, just keep it to yourself.

You need some education, which I can give for free.

KPMG: Nigeria’s high speed rail is ‘world-class’
December 18,2014

Nigeria’s high speed rail project initiated by President Goodluck Jonathan has been rated among the global top 100 world-class infrastructure projects by KPMG.

The rail will connect Lagos, Kano, Kaduna, Warri, Bauchi, Abuja, and Port Harcourt and will cost the country $13 billion, much of which will be financed with a loan from the Export Import Bank of China.

The China Railway Construction Corporation has secured the contract to build the 3,218-kilometre network, which will be digitally operated using fibre-optic cables, radio communication and wireless services.

The project is designed to cover 54 stations and will take 25 years to build.

https://www.thecable.ng/kpmg-nigerias-high-speed-rail-world-class

debossng:
The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, on Tuesday commended the immediate past administration of ex-President, Goodluck Jonathan for embarking on massive projects that have been beneficial to Nigerians.

Speaking at a Town Hall meeting in Abuja, the former Rivers State governor said his Ministry did not meet any comatose project on assumption of office.

He said the President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration continued the projects of the previous administration because “We realised the impact of the recession.’’
Amaechi noted that the Kaduna-Abuja railway was nearly 80% completed by the Jonathan’s administration.

He said, “In the ministry of transportation, we did not meet anything comatose. We met an attempt to bring back our rail services.

“The Kaduna-Abuja railway was nearly 80% completed which we commissioned and commercial services have commenced.’’

http://dailypost.ng/2017/05/16/amaechi-hails-goodluck-jonathan-says-met-80-project-completed-ex-president/amp/

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amaechi Embarks On Inspection Of Lagos Ibadan Railway - Photos / Residents Flee After Air-Raids On Boko-Haram / PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.