Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,910 members, 7,824,810 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Insecurity: Don’t Ignore Obasanjo’s Comment, Soyinka Tells FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity: Don’t Ignore Obasanjo’s Comment, Soyinka Tells FG (493 Views)

Kalu To Govs: Stand Up And Fight Insecurity Don’t Wait For PMB Who Has Done Well / Insecurity: Don’t Taste Wrath Of Igbos – Ohanaeze Warns Miyetti Allah / Soyinka Advises FG To Listen To Obasanjo’s Comment On Fulanization/islamization (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Insecurity: Don’t Ignore Obasanjo’s Comment, Soyinka Tells FG by OBAGADAFFI: 1:03pm On May 23, 2019
Nobel Laureate Wole Soyinka has asked the Federal Government not to ignore former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s assertion that activities of Boko Haram and herdsmen in Nigeria are now West African Fulanisation and Islamisation agenda. Speaking yesterday in Lagos at an event organised by the United Bank of Africa to mark the 2019 Africa Day, Soyinka said rather than dismiss Obasanjo’s comment, the government should deal with its substance.

He said: “Everybody knows me and Obasanjo, and I think we should be careful not to be too dismissive or abrasive. The language must be put aside and let us deal with the substance.

Let us analyse carefully what the (former) president has said “I was listening to the Minister of Information; they are living aside the substance and dealing with the person. Obasanjo also called for a meeting to deal with the social malaise of suicide, kidnapping, noting that we had better sit down and tackle this issues.”

Soyinka said leaders get too distracted about the “marvellous concept of unity” and ignore the issues that threaten our existence. This country is undergoing a horrendous descent into the abysmal”.

He noted that the issue of Boko Haram had been debated in relation to African wellbeing in the House of Common in London. He urged the government to prioritize the material condition of its citizens, saying ”we are being re-colonized by a number of forces.”

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/insecurity-dont-ignore-obasanjos-comment-soyinka-tells-fg.html

(1) (Reply)

IPOB SIT AT HOME: Popular Biafra Market In Onitsha Shutdown (Photos) / 'there Was A Sign When I Gave Birth To Seyi' -oyo State Gov, Seyi Makinde's Mum / See Why Senator Dino Melaye Wants Run For Governor In Kogi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.