Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,583 members, 7,837,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Is It Advisable For A First Time Dog Owner To Get A Siberian Husky - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Is It Advisable For A First Time Dog Owner To Get A Siberian Husky (1494 Views)

DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) / US Police Shoot 18ft Pet Snake As It Strangled Its Owner To Death (Pics) / Boerboel Attacks Thief That Tried Attacking The Dog Owner In Abia(Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable For A First Time Dog Owner To Get A Siberian Husky by Gentlewarrior1(m): 4:41am On Jun 26, 2019
So i have never had a dog before but i intend to get one by december.

I am considering getting a husky because i am quite fascinated by the dog. And among the dogs i have researched on; it seems to be my favorite.

From its looks, intelligence and strength.

What do you guys think or what would you advise a first time owner in regards getting a husky or which other breed will you recommend

What i seek the most is a smart dog that i can groom well and one which wouldn't attack people for no reason
Re: Is It Advisable For A First Time Dog Owner To Get A Siberian Husky by Shufflepup: 5:41am On Jun 26, 2019
As long as you have the space for a dog of that size, go for it. They're great pets, but don't expect it to be much of a guard dog. At least in my experience.
Re: Is It Advisable For A First Time Dog Owner To Get A Siberian Husky by Gentlewarrior1(m): 5:56am On Jun 26, 2019
Shufflepup:
As long as you have the space for a dog of that size, go for it. They're great pets, but don't expect it to be much of a guard dog. At least in my experience.
Thanks bro

Guard dog is not my main priority if not i would most likely go for a rott; although i don't like it.

What i seek is a personal pet that is smart and calm. But also alert and tough if need be maybe when it senses intruder in the night or something like that. But my number one purpose of getting a dog is to serve as a pet
Re: Is It Advisable For A First Time Dog Owner To Get A Siberian Husky by Spanishmilf(m): 1:03pm On Jun 26, 2019
Gentlewarrior1:

Thanks bro

Guard dog is not my main priority if not i would most likely go for a rott; although i don't like it.

What i seek is a personal pet that is smart and calm. But also alert and tough if need be maybe when it senses intruder in the night or something like that. But my number one purpose of getting a dog is to serve as a pet
Huskies are not for attacking
Re: Is It Advisable For A First Time Dog Owner To Get A Siberian Husky by Gentlewarrior1(m): 1:06pm On Jun 26, 2019
Spanishmilf:
Huskies are not for attacking
Ok. Still fine by me

Thanks
Re: Is It Advisable For A First Time Dog Owner To Get A Siberian Husky by Spanishmilf(m): 1:10pm On Jun 26, 2019
Gentlewarrior1:

Ok. Still fine by me

Thanks
do you know how much to get a full breed, I mean a full breed husky not our Nigeria n husky oooh husky is expensive
Re: Is It Advisable For A First Time Dog Owner To Get A Siberian Husky by Gentlewarrior1(m): 1:13pm On Jun 26, 2019
Spanishmilf:
do you know how much to get a full breed, I mean a full breed husky not our Nigeria n husky oooh husky is expensive
Wow. I still need to do more research. Never thought about this full breed and naija breed stuff. I have never own a dog.

But please a budget of say 100k - 150k should be enough for the full breed
Re: Is It Advisable For A First Time Dog Owner To Get A Siberian Husky by Spanishmilf(m): 1:33pm On Jun 26, 2019
Gentlewarrior1:

Wow. I still need to do more research. Never thought about this full breed and naija breed stuff. I have never own a dog.

I don't know the cost but if you are going for an husky...they don't want heat so u can't cage them outside and be ready to spend money on vet and food

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A First Time Dog Owner To Get A Siberian Husky by Kelvin30286063(m): 10:45pm On Jun 26, 2019
Gentlewarrior1:

Haha... A full breed husky will cost you around 450k bro. This is not me guessing. My uncle has one and we went to buy it together.
Though some are cheaper but still won't come as low as 150k. The least you'll get is 300k.
As for your question, as long as you have a compound and can handle the cost of feeding an high breed dog, go for it, they are adorable and very friendly too.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A First Time Dog Owner To Get A Siberian Husky by Gentlewarrior1(m): 12:11am On Jun 27, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

Haha... A full breed husky will cost you around 450k bro. This is not me guessing. My uncle has one and we went to buy it together.
Though some are cheaper but still won't come as low as 150k. The least you'll get is 300k.
As for your question, as long as you have a compound and can handle the cost of feeding an high breed dog, go for it, they are adorable and very friendly too.
Hmm. Wow. Quite expensive

Thanks for the info bro
Re: Is It Advisable For A First Time Dog Owner To Get A Siberian Husky by Blaksheep: 3:02am On Jun 27, 2019
I bought mine 600k. Pure breed with blue eyes. I have 3.
Very cute dogs. Look scary sha. People mistake them for wolves.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A First Time Dog Owner To Get A Siberian Husky by Nobody: 12:13am On Jun 29, 2019
Blaksheep:
Very cute dogs. Look scary sha. Cisco pepe mistake them for wolves.
pictures? ?

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A First Time Dog Owner To Get A Siberian Husky by NigerianMan: 12:16pm On Jul 01, 2019
Pictures please
Blaksheep:
Very cute dogs. Look scary sha. Cisco pepe mistake them for wolves.
Re: Is It Advisable For A First Time Dog Owner To Get A Siberian Husky by Blaksheep: 1:05pm On Jul 01, 2019
NigerianMan:
Pictures please

Re: Is It Advisable For A First Time Dog Owner To Get A Siberian Husky by NigerianMan: 2:28pm On Jul 01, 2019
[quote author=Blaksheep post=79837413][/quote]

OMG!!! I love them but look scary though shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Big Bones Gsd Pups For Sale-very Cheap / Pedigree Giant Female Caucasian Puppy For Sale....very Massive puppy / Fantastic GSD Pups Almost Ready For New Homes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.