Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,908 members, 7,841,431 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

As queen, I can only marry a woman – Delta female monarch - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / As queen, I can only marry a woman – Delta female monarch (713 Views)

Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman / Naomi Oluwaseyi, Ooni’s Wife, Prophesied Her Reign As Queen Over A Year Ago? / Shilekunola Moronke Naomi, Ooni’s New Wife Begins Duty As Queen Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As queen, I can only marry a woman – Delta female monarch by NairaMedia: 12:34am On Jul 27, 2019
The Omu of Anioma, Martha Dunkwu, is a revered traditional ruler of Anioma land, which covers nine local government areas in Delta State. Anioma people are the Igbo located in Delta, who are separated from the Igbo in the South-East by the River Niger. While chatting with PUNCH, say as a Queen, she can only marry a woman.

When she was asked "As a queen, how do you feel not having a husband and children?"

She said:

"Once you are pronounced as Omu, and you had married, you must leave your marital home and return to your father’s house. You are now a man. A palace will be built for you in your father’s place. You stop contacting your husband but that is not to say he cannot come and say hello; however, he cannot stay with you for hours. He cannot come and sleep with you so you have no responsibility to the man whatsoever. If you had children before you became Omu, the children would still be yours. And if you had one child before you became Omu and now wish to have more children, you can marry a woman, who will give you more children. This is because you cannot live with a man again. And in such a situation, the child you previously had and the one the woman had will have the same rights. That is, your two sets of children will have the same rights – the child or children you had before you became Omu and those you had in the institute. But for me, I have one son and I never married. I used to say that marriage is by choice but for the past couple of years, I have seen it as providential. I have one son who is married with a son now and is a lecturer in the university. I am man and woman put together. I’m not under a man, rather a different spiritual person. During my coronation, male rights were bestowed on me."

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/07/as-queen-i-can-only-marry-woman-delta.html
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Seun

Re: As queen, I can only marry a woman – Delta female monarch by NairaMedia: 1:00am On Jul 27, 2019
cool cool
Re: As queen, I can only marry a woman – Delta female monarch by KevMitnick: 1:27am On Jul 27, 2019
undecided
Re: As queen, I can only marry a woman – Delta female monarch by neoG(f): 1:48am On Jul 27, 2019
shocked

Get your raw undiluted perfume oils and yoni pearls @ 1k for vaginal infection issues
Re: As queen, I can only marry a woman – Delta female monarch by Kseafresh: 2:32am On Jul 27, 2019
I don't even know what to say undecided
Re: As queen, I can only marry a woman – Delta female monarch by judgementyard(m): 5:22am On Jul 27, 2019
Ok

Re: As queen, I can only marry a woman – Delta female monarch by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 27, 2019
You are a lesbian
No long story
Re: As queen, I can only marry a woman – Delta female monarch by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 27, 2019
It's not a new something, some parts of igboland do such.

(1) (Reply)

Obas Of Benin are Descendants Of The Great Yoruba Race. / Looking For New International Friends / Coronation! Coronation! Coronation!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.