Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,452 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Best Browsers For Your Android Smartphone. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Best Browsers For Your Android Smartphone. (23325 Views)

Fastest Browsers For Android / Top 6 Affordable Bluetooth Accessories You Can Get For Your Android Smartphone / Top 5 Best Android Phone Internet Browsers For 2017 And Beyond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Browsers For Your Android Smartphone. by investigator007: 10:46pm On Aug 06, 2019
Be it a TECNO phantom 9, samsung or whatever Android device you use, browsers are really necessary once you want to surf the web. Android's well-deserved reputation for flexibility extends to how you browse the web. Google's mobile OS allows you to set any browser you like as the default on your Android smartphone, creating a thriving market for third-party browsers in the Play Store. But which one is the best Android browser for you?

Brave browser:
Brave Browser is one of the newer Android browsers. It came out in 2016 and has a variety of features. There is an ad blocker built-in. Additionally, it can block third party cookies, block scripts, and it has HTTPS everywhere. Included is per-site settings just in case you need that. It also boasts optimizations for speed and battery life improvements. You can even keep track of all the stuff that it blocks. In real world use, it is highly functional and even occasionally fun to use. It also has most of the basic features like bookmarks, history, and a privacy (incognito) mode. The app is entirely free with no in-app purchases or ads.

14 Likes

Re: Best Browsers For Your Android Smartphone. by investigator007: 11:01pm On Aug 06, 2019
Google Chrome:
If you have made your peace with living in the Google ecosystem and benefiting from the company knowing most everything about your online life, then it's hard to justify getting away from what is the default browser on most Android devices. Chrome is the obvious choice for mobile browsing, particularly if you already use the desktop version.

Syncing between mobile and desktop editions of Chrome is helpful, giving you the option to access passwords you've stored in Chrome (provided you don't use a better stand-alone password manager, that is). As the dominant browser on the market, Chrome is also the most reliable option, as every web developer considers Google's browser when building a website.

Chrome offers extensive additional features like secure storage for payment methods, a data- saver mode, automatic translation in dozens of languages, a malicious ad blocker and a pop-up blocker. It's not quite the abundance of features that you can install on Firefox or Opera, but Chrome definitely ticks most of the mission-critical features.

If you want a glimpse at whats coming soon to Chrome, or you want to test out some features that may never make it to the main Chrome browser, there are three additional Chrome apps starting with Chrome Beta, then Chrome Dev and finally, Chrome Canary. Each step down is trading a bit of reliability, so you will likely want to turn to the traditional Chrome Browser for vital tasks.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Best Browsers For Your Android Smartphone. by investigator007: 11:02pm On Aug 06, 2019
Opera Mini:
Opera is another mobile browser with a desktop counterpart that boasts all the benefits that come with that for users of both versions. Opera differentiates itself with a data-saver mode that compresses videos as well as standard web pages. As a result, pages load faster thanks to the reduced data, and if you don't have an unlimited data plan, you won't burn through your monthly data allotment as quickly.

Opera also offers a built-in free VPN in Opera gives you a virtual IP, although notably, you can't use both the VPN and data-saver mode in tandem.

Even with its many features, Opera is also one of the fastest browsers that I tested, with only Chrome consistently outperforming it. One slight frustration with Opera is its convoluted interface: you may be distracted by menus at both the top and bottom of the screen.

Opera also offers a few variants of its browser. Opera Mini is focused on the data-saving side of things, while Opera Touch is geared toward a one-handed browsing experience.

3 Likes

Re: Best Browsers For Your Android Smartphone. by investigator007: 11:03pm On Aug 06, 2019
Phoenix Browser:
Phoenix Browser is the best free web browser for Android devices with quick Video Downloading, Private Browsing, and Data Saving. It helps you access news, videos, H5 games, cricket information quickly and easily. With the help of its video detect function, Phoenix Browser makes various online videos downloadable. Moreover, the Private Mode helps you to go incognito anywhere on the Internet without leaving any trace. The lightweight mobile browser provides you with a faster downloading speed.

Phoenix Browser can automatically detect downloadable videos with the smart detection function while you browse the web, which allows you to download and save online videos from almost every website. With a download icon in the address bar, Phoenix Browser will inform the user whether there are online videos that the user can download or not. You do not have to worry about where to download the online videos. It’s very simple to download videos by using the smart download function. (!!!Download on the YouTube is not available due to the policy of Google!!!)

5 Likes

Re: Best Browsers For Your Android Smartphone. by investigator007: 11:03pm On Aug 06, 2019
Firefox Browser:
As with Google Chrome, there's a strong motivation to carry over your Firefox use to your Android phone if that's where you do the majority of your desktop browsing. All of your passwords, history and bookmarks will carry over.

For better or for worse, you can customize Firefox to an astounding degree with different themes and extensions that can tweak just about every aspect of the browser. If you are the sort of person that wants to decide how the tabs display in your browser, what color everything should be and exactly what features you want accessible, then Firefox is for you. If that sounds like a nightmare, you should look elsewhere, as even a basic setup of Firefox warrants some tweaking.

Firefox fans who are particularly security conscious should take a look at the newer Firefox Focus. It drops some of the functionality of its elder sibling in favor of privacy protection. Alternatively, there are more experimental versions of Firefox, Firefox for Android Beta and Firefox Nightly for Developers.

4 Likes

Re: Best Browsers For Your Android Smartphone. by investigator007: 11:04pm On Aug 06, 2019
DuckDuckGo privacy browser:
DuckDuckGo doesn't have all of the bells and whistles of its competitors. But DuckDuckGo makes up for what it lacks with its singular focus on keeping your activity private. A button to the right of the address/search bar will wipe all your activity at any moment with a tap.

DuckDuckGo also eliminates any ad-trackers that may be trying to follow you around the web and automatically will default to the highest encryption available on the site you are visiting.

While the browser itself isn't reporting any of your activity back to DuckDuckGo, this still falls short of a full VPN. If you are looking to keep your activity secure from even your carrier or the Wi-Fi network you are connected to, then you will need a separate VPN app for that purpose.

Re: Best Browsers For Your Android Smartphone. by investigator007: 11:05pm On Aug 06, 2019
Microsoft Edge:
Microsoft finally got its act together and delivered a compelling modern (Chromium-based) browser in the form of Edge. While the Android version hasn't undergone the major revamp that the desktop browser just went through, it's still a decent option that syncs up with your Microsoft account.

Microsoft Edge lacks extension support, but it does offer a number of extras that are sometimes extension-based in other apps, such as an ad blocker, translation services, password manager and something called NewsGuard. That latter feature assesses news website based on their “journalistic standards of credibility and transparency.”

Edge's reading-list feature is quite well done, as it delivers the full page rather than an abbreviated or text-only version of an article. If you prefer a more text-focused version of a page, just tap the book icon in the address bar for a clean reading view.

Unlike the desktop version of Edge, the mobile browser lets you swap out the default search engine easily, so you can use Google search in your Microsoft browser.

Re: Best Browsers For Your Android Smartphone. by investigator007: 11:05pm On Aug 06, 2019
Flynx Browser:
Flynx is a very competent Android browser with one interesting trick up its sleeve. When you click a link in Flynx, rather than immediately taking over your screen with a still-loading browser, the link opens in a bubble off to the side of your screen. When you are ready to read it, you simply tap on the bubble, and it will expand to a full-screen window.

It may sound like a small thing, but if you're conducting research or engaging in browsing where you have to open multiple tabs, Flynx's approach lets you continue reading the original article or source. I find this to be an excellent time-saver when I’m juggling a large volume of tabs in my mobile browser. Flynx also offers a quick add to its offline reading function by simply double tapping any link.

Flynx really can't serve as the sole browser on an Android device for a couple of reasons. Because the app specializes as a link-opening and read-it-later tool, there isn't an address bar or even an option to just launch into the browser without clicking a link. Beyond that, the app will simply fail to render a web page properly on occasion, though it's not a constant problem; still, Flynx offers the ability to open the page in a designated fallback browser you can select in settings.

2 Likes

Re: Best Browsers For Your Android Smartphone. by investigator007: 11:06pm On Aug 06, 2019
So tell me, of all these browsers which is your favorite? Mine is the Phoenix browser cos it's the best and easiest for downloads. What's yours?

9 Likes

Re: Best Browsers For Your Android Smartphone. by Corroro: 11:18pm On Aug 06, 2019
well i know quite a few browsers here, some i have used on my tecno device but i can legit tell you that i am seeing some browsers here for the very first time.

18 Likes

Re: Best Browsers For Your Android Smartphone. by beinstein(m): 12:58am On Aug 07, 2019
No puffin browser?

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Browsers For Your Android Smartphone. by psoul12: 10:29am On Aug 07, 2019
Which browser can is say is the fastest? Or it depends on phone.

investigator007:
Be it a TECNO phantom 9, samsung or whatever Android device you use, browsers are really necessary once you want to surf the web. Android's well-deserved reputation for flexibility extends to how you browse the web. Google's mobile OS allows you to set any browser you like as the default on your Android smartphone, creating a thriving market for third-party browsers in the Play Store. But which one is the best Android browser for you?

Brave browser:
Brave Browser is one of the newer Android browsers. It came out in 2016 and has a variety of features. There is an ad blocker built-in. Additionally, it can block third party cookies, block scripts, and it has HTTPS everywhere. Included is per-site settings just in case you need that. It also boasts optimizations for speed and battery life improvements. You can even keep track of all the stuff that it blocks. In real world use, it is highly functional and even occasionally fun to use. It also has most of the basic features like bookmarks, history, and a privacy (incognito) mode. The app is entirely free with no in-app purchases or ads.

Re: Best Browsers For Your Android Smartphone. by SofttBae: 11:00am On Aug 07, 2019
I still prefer opera mini sha.. It's fast and it saves data

10 Likes

Re: Best Browsers For Your Android Smartphone. by acenazt: 11:06am On Aug 07, 2019
No U.C but there's Opera?? What a list

85 Likes

Re: Best Browsers For Your Android Smartphone. by Melaninprincess(f): 11:31am On Aug 07, 2019
Which of them is the best for downloading movies?
Re: Best Browsers For Your Android Smartphone. by enoch273: 11:35am On Aug 07, 2019
It all boils down to preference.

For surging the web, I stand with Chrome browser and opera

For downloading, I stand with the UC browser.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Browsers For Your Android Smartphone. by shiftback: 11:40am On Aug 07, 2019
Any browser that isn't Chrome is a no no for me

4 Likes

Re: Best Browsers For Your Android Smartphone. by shiftback: 11:40am On Aug 07, 2019
enoch273:
It all boils down to preference.

For surging the web, I stand with Chrome browser and opera

For downloading, I stand with the UC browser.
Personal preference I agree

2 Likes

Re: Best Browsers For Your Android Smartphone. by Blastedholligan: 11:56am On Aug 07, 2019
Melaninprincess:
Which of them is the best for downloading movies?
uc browser. It beats others hands down. Also if you use normal data to download movies, you're a gooner. If you can't do night browsing, just try the airtel Binge Plan by airtel. 1gb for 350 naira pere

3 Likes

Re: Best Browsers For Your Android Smartphone. by Tableshaker234: 12:14pm On Aug 07, 2019
I use the Brave browser on my Tecno Phantom 9
Re: Best Browsers For Your Android Smartphone. by beinstein(m): 2:11pm On Aug 07, 2019
Tableshaker234:
I use the Brave browser on my Tecno Phantom 9

Come up with a better and convincing marketing strategy than this stale and predictable one.

17 Likes

Re: Best Browsers For Your Android Smartphone. by Corroro: 4:28pm On Aug 07, 2019
investigator007:
So tell me, of all these browsers which is your favorite? Mine is the Phoenix browser cos it's the best and easiest for downloads. What's yours?
well phoenix isnt a bad one considering the fact that it has an icon that aids downloads, but i think chrome is best when it comes to storage cos you have close to 15gb storage with them and theres this favoritism because its a browser owned by google.
Re: Best Browsers For Your Android Smartphone. by lukastechs: 8:29pm On Aug 07, 2019
Puffin is the fastest browser, you can all try it out.

5 Likes

Re: Best Browsers For Your Android Smartphone. by Rick9(m): 9:15pm On Aug 07, 2019
I like Phoenix Browser eh

2 Likes

Re: Best Browsers For Your Android Smartphone. by HisExcellence(m): 4:25am On Aug 08, 2019
For me I love Samsung Internet. Though I like Phoenix Browser too but it always reload when u minimize to check out other apps.

6 Likes

Re: Best Browsers For Your Android Smartphone. by investigator007: 11:07am On Aug 08, 2019
Corroro:
well phoenix isnt a bad one considering the fact that it has an icon that aids downloads, but i think chrome is best when it comes to storage cos you have close to 15gb storage with them and theres this favoritism because its a browser owned by google.
the issue is atimes chromes tends to use a lot of space from your phones memory, imagine a browser using close to 3gb of your ram?

3 Likes

Re: Best Browsers For Your Android Smartphone. by investigator007: 11:08am On Aug 08, 2019
Blastedholligan:
uc browser. It beats others hands down. Also if you use normal data to download movies, you're a gooner. If you can't do night browsing, just try the airtel Binge Plan by airtel. 1gb for 350 naira pere
ive heard of that Airtel binge plan, but I think the N500 that gets you 2gb is a cheaper option
Re: Best Browsers For Your Android Smartphone. by Blastedholligan: 11:11am On Aug 08, 2019
investigator007:
ive heard of that Airtel binge plan, but I think the N500 that gets you 2gb is a cheaper option
whichever one rocks your boat sha. Me na 350 I get so na why I de do that one lol
Re: Best Browsers For Your Android Smartphone. by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 08, 2019
You can make money with that brave browser

More of bat tokens sha

1 Like

Re: Best Browsers For Your Android Smartphone. by chinavs9ja(m): 11:54am On Aug 08, 2019
Chrome and Opera

I am a website designer...check my signature
Re: Best Browsers For Your Android Smartphone. by MobilityExpress: 11:55am On Aug 08, 2019
No Samsung browser? Mtshewwwww, inconclusive list grin

1 Like

Re: Best Browsers For Your Android Smartphone. by tigerclaws: 11:56am On Aug 08, 2019
nothing beats chrome trust me cool

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Emeka Oparah Of Airtel Visits 4-Year-Old Boy Whose Eyes Were Plucked / Infinix Confirmed To Launch The Infinix Hot 6 And Hot 6 Pro / :-*Drop Your Numbers For Free Credit! (Completed For Now):-*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.