Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,731 members, 7,847,936 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 11:50 AM

Sanwo-olu Swears In 35 Commissioners, Special Advisers, Assigns Portfolios - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-olu Swears In 35 Commissioners, Special Advisers, Assigns Portfolios (13823 Views)

Alex Otti Assigns Portfolios To Abia Newly Sworn-In Commissioners / Ahead Of Transition In 35 Days, Tinubu Returns Home / Sanwo-Olu Swears In 57 Council Chairmen, Says It Is Time For Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanwo-olu Swears In 35 Commissioners, Special Advisers, Assigns Portfolios by Mrakeli: 7:06pm On Aug 20, 2019
Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State, on Tuesday administered Oath of Office on 35 Commissioners and Special Advisers and assigned them portfolios in the State Executive Council.

The newly sworn-in commissioners and their portfolios are: Mr Tunji Bello (Water Resources and Environment), Mr Gbolahan Lawal (Agriculture), Dr Wale Ahmed (Special Duties and Intergovernmental Relations) and Mrs Lola Akande (Commerce and Industry).

Other commissioners are: Prof. Akin Abayomi (Health), Mrs Folasade Adefisayo (Education), Mrs Aramide Adeyoye (Works and Infrastructure), Mr Moruf Akinderu-Fatia (Housing), Mrs Yetunde Arobieke (Local Government), and Mrs Shulamite Adebolu (Tourism, Arts and Culture).

Others on the list are: Mrs Bolaji Dada (Women Affairs and Poverty Alleviation), Mr Segun Dawodu (Youths and Social Development), Mr Samuel Egube (Economic Planning and Budget) and Mr Hakeem Fahm (Science and Technology).

Also on the list are: Mr Olalere Odusote (Energy and Mineral Resources), Dr Frederic Oladeinde (Transportation), Dr Rabiu Olowo (Finance), Mr Gbenga Omotoso (Information and Strategy), Mr Moyosore Onigbanjo, SAN (Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice).

The remaining commissioners are: Dr Idris Salako (Physical Planning and Urban Develeopment), Mrs Uzamat Akingbile-Yusuf (Home Affairs) and Mrs Ajibola Ponnle (Establishment, Training and Pensions).

The newly sworn-in Special Advisers (SA) to the Governor and their portfolios are: Mr Joe Igbokwe (Drainage and Water Resources), Mrs Aderemi Adebowale-Owoeye (Office of Civic Engagement) and Mr Oladele Ajayi (Commerce and Industry).

Others are: Mrs Adetoke Benson-Awoyinka (Housing), Mr Olatunbosun Alaka (Innovation and Technology), Mr Kabiru Abdullahi (Urban Development), Mr Afolabi Ayantayo (Political and Legislative Affairs), and Prince Anofi Elegushi (Central Business District).

The rest are: Mr Oluwatoyin Fayinka (Transportation), Mrs Solape Hammond (Sustainable Development Goals), Ms Ruth Olusanya (Agriculture), Mr Solomon Bonu (Arts and Culture) and Mr Tokunbo Wahab (Education).

In his address, Sanwo-Olu urged the newly sworn-in members of the state Executive Council to fervently and ultimately assist him in serving the people of Lagos state.

“The Blueprint for a new Lagos and the Development Plan (2012 to 2025) are still relevant as strategic reference materials for a systematic implementation of medium and long-term policies, in line with the overall vision for our state.

“However, in this administration, our task must be to accelerate the trajectory of growth and development of Lagos State, embarked upon by the administration of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and built upon by successive administrations.

“Today, providence has entrusted us with the great responsibility of ensuring that the vision of the blueprint and the Development Plan comes to pass wholly and completely,” Sanwo-Olu said.

The governor, who noted that the cabinet could not afford to disappoint the people of Lagos State, urged members to brace up for challenges and embrace transparency, accountability, fairness and value for money.

“Let me remind you that your appointment is a unique privilege and a call to service. It must not be seen as opportunity for self-service.

“While discharging the responsibility that will be assigned to you, you must imbibe our culture of transparency, accountability, fairness and value for money.

“I therefore implore you to earnestly commit yourselves to the agenda and vision of this administration.

“I charge you to show commitment, diligence and exemplary leadership, as the necessary virtues needed to achieve the greatness we desire for our state and to deliver the prosperity our people deserve, ” he added.

One of the newly sworn-in commissioners, Mr Tunji Bello, who delivered a vote of assurance on behalf of others, promised that the new cabinet members would serve the state and support the governor’s campaign promises.

Earlier in her welcome address, Secretary to the State Government, Mrs Folasahde Jaji, said that the inauguration was significant because it underlined the will and determination of the governor, to improve governance and well being of residents.

“Today’s inauguration is an important fulfillment of the constitutional requirements, as enshrined in Section 192 (2) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, as members, “Jaji said.

The event was witnessed by government functionaries, members of the Governor’s Advisory Council, members of the Lagos State House of Assembly, stalwarts of APC, and traditional rulers among others.

https://www.akelicious.net/sanwo-olu-swears-in-35-commissioners-special-advisers-assigns-portfolios/

Re: Sanwo-olu Swears In 35 Commissioners, Special Advisers, Assigns Portfolios by jokinexcel(m): 7:10pm On Aug 20, 2019
The igbo betrayer Joe Igbokwe is drainage adviser. Sanwo won't make heaven I swear.

18 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Swears In 35 Commissioners, Special Advisers, Assigns Portfolios by OdumegwuOjukwu: 8:37pm On Aug 20, 2019
Joe Igbokwe
Special Adviser for Drainage and Water Resources

lol,

So Joe Igbokwe is Commissioner for Lagos Gutters? grin grin grin

Serves him right

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Swears In 35 Commissioners, Special Advisers, Assigns Portfolios by jlinkd78(m): 9:42pm On Aug 20, 2019
Joe Igbokwe u see ur life. Upon denying ur ancestral root common 'mere commissioner " U no see rather officer in charge gutter affairs

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Swears In 35 Commissioners, Special Advisers, Assigns Portfolios by TheAngry1: 10:07pm On Aug 20, 2019
Why are Igbos like this? How is accepting Special Adviser a problem? Nothing you do satisfies Igbos...even if he was named Deputy Governor, Igbos would still call him traitor. Do you guys realise there is an Hausa man, Kabiru Abdullahi, on the list? There is also Egude from Edo on the list. Na only Igbos dey wail. Tufiaaaaa!!!!

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanwo-olu Swears In 35 Commissioners, Special Advisers, Assigns Portfolios by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 20, 2019
So this man refuses to appoint me commissioner. OK God is watching

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Swears In 35 Commissioners, Special Advisers, Assigns Portfolios by Aieboocaar(m): 10:07pm On Aug 20, 2019
Re: Sanwo-olu Swears In 35 Commissioners, Special Advisers, Assigns Portfolios by fdd2: 10:09pm On Aug 20, 2019
1. SECRET EXPOSED: Step by step on how to relocate to Canada with EXPRESS ENTRY and how to get Visa Invitation Letter to ANY country within 2 weeks without spending a dime on any agent.

2. Discover the practical way how I export Agro Products to UK, UAE etc from Home.

For more details Check my signature
Re: Sanwo-olu Swears In 35 Commissioners, Special Advisers, Assigns Portfolios by obembet(f): 10:09pm On Aug 20, 2019
jokinexcel:
The igbo betrayer Joe Igbokwe is drainage adviser. Sanwo won't make heaven I swear.

U no go kill me.. Igbo has never give our any political post to any yoruba since then born me. Kudos to sanwo.. He really want unity. I wish other governor will emulate that idea

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Swears In 35 Commissioners, Special Advisers, Assigns Portfolios by thesicilian: 10:09pm On Aug 20, 2019
Those who are laughing at the so called "drainage adviser" may not even be able to make in a year what he's going to be receiving in a month.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Swears In 35 Commissioners, Special Advisers, Assigns Portfolios by ainas247: 10:09pm On Aug 20, 2019
cool man know man people
we wey we go do the work with body and soul
den no no know us cry cry cry cry

Rank your website on Google page 1 very fast
chat up now
Re: Sanwo-olu Swears In 35 Commissioners, Special Advisers, Assigns Portfolios by YorubaHero12: 10:10pm On Aug 20, 2019
I sight my guy Igbokwe.

His post is actually a nice one where results can be achieved faster and he can reach the limelight easily.

Lagos drainage system is bad and a lot of people always block the drainage system with dustbin and having a proactive advisor like Igbokwe could be of benefit to the LASG.

Igbokwe shouldn’t take the bashing from his kinsmen to heart, they hate everyone including their own so they are not important. It’s better they hate you than support you coz most times those they support always fails.

Rome is not built in a day, if he performs he may get a better portfolio in the future. Being a special adviser in Lagos is far better than being a commissioner in Abia where all they do is only to share kerosene, that’s a fact!

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanwo-olu Swears In 35 Commissioners, Special Advisers, Assigns Portfolios by ndujekwu(m): 10:12pm On Aug 20, 2019
To whom much is given, much is expected

I hope they work the work and stop blame games.

Happy 4yrs
Re: Sanwo-olu Swears In 35 Commissioners, Special Advisers, Assigns Portfolios by Kendumazy(m): 10:13pm On Aug 20, 2019
Congrats to them all. We look forward to their excellent deliveries.

Quality UK 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade men's shirts available for sale. Check link below for more details

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Swears In 35 Commissioners, Special Advisers, Assigns Portfolios by Olarewaju89: 10:15pm On Aug 20, 2019
Tinubu guns.. Carry on jaree undecided undecided
Re: Sanwo-olu Swears In 35 Commissioners, Special Advisers, Assigns Portfolios by conductor250: 10:16pm On Aug 20, 2019
Re: Sanwo-olu Swears In 35 Commissioners, Special Advisers, Assigns Portfolios by Kennyfancy(m): 10:16pm On Aug 20, 2019
Start work joor,, since may nah now unah dey bring Commissioner when go still loot fund
Re: Sanwo-olu Swears In 35 Commissioners, Special Advisers, Assigns Portfolios by courage89(m): 10:19pm On Aug 20, 2019
Nice
Re: Sanwo-olu Swears In 35 Commissioners, Special Advisers, Assigns Portfolios by revolt(m): 10:22pm On Aug 20, 2019
Lol.......our brother na gutter n garbage cleaner....well make e no come back house sha...

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Swears In 35 Commissioners, Special Advisers, Assigns Portfolios by jokinexcel(m): 10:22pm On Aug 20, 2019
TheAngry1:
Why are Igbos like this? How is accepting Special Adviser a problem? Nothing you do satisfies Igbos...even if he was named Deputy Governor, Igbos would still call him traitor. Do you guys realise there is an Hausa man, Kabiru Abdullahi, on the list? There is also Egude from Edo on the list. Na only Igbos dey wail. Tufiaaaaa!!!!
those Hausa and Edo men did not deny their tribes for a porridge of yam. We are attacking the idiot because he boldly said "I am not Igbo"

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Swears In 35 Commissioners, Special Advisers, Assigns Portfolios by babyfaceafrica: 10:23pm On Aug 20, 2019
lolz
Re: Sanwo-olu Swears In 35 Commissioners, Special Advisers, Assigns Portfolios by oluwasegun007(m): 10:26pm On Aug 20, 2019
Abeg who get bonfre Joe number...

I need to advise him to call back the monthly sanitation,

Dirty wan injure pelson for Lagos...

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Swears In 35 Commissioners, Special Advisers, Assigns Portfolios by spafu(m): 10:30pm On Aug 20, 2019
Ok na
Re: Sanwo-olu Swears In 35 Commissioners, Special Advisers, Assigns Portfolios by olinx123(m): 10:33pm On Aug 20, 2019
Looking for a competent home or private tutor for science based subjects in Yaba and environs, please call 08087989046. I can also use Yaba College of Technology or University of Lagos if necessary. I can also link you up for other subjects.
Re: Sanwo-olu Swears In 35 Commissioners, Special Advisers, Assigns Portfolios by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:35pm On Aug 20, 2019
is it an igbo man here am seeing? Mr Joe Igbokwe (Drainage and Water Resources),
dats good...wish other states would do same...
Re: Sanwo-olu Swears In 35 Commissioners, Special Advisers, Assigns Portfolios by Ambcharles(m): 10:35pm On Aug 20, 2019
Joe Igbokwe is SA on gutter affairs where he belongs. SHAME!

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Swears In 35 Commissioners, Special Advisers, Assigns Portfolios by WilyWily: 10:38pm On Aug 20, 2019
Haaahaaa, Joe Igbokwe. Drainage and canal cleaner. Huuuuhuu,
Yoruba people de wicked ooooo.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Swears In 35 Commissioners, Special Advisers, Assigns Portfolios by MrPresident1: 10:41pm On Aug 20, 2019
Igbokwe drain duck

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Afrocentric Scholar Chinweizu Dishes Some Hard Truths About Nigeria And Africa / Nigeria Seals N4.5trn Trade Pact With UK / Panic In Nigeria As Popular Money Doubling Scheme Crashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.