Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,986 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Ladies Can Now Go Topless In 6 American States! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies Can Now Go Topless In 6 American States! (1551 Views)

BA Pilot Fired After Snorting Coke Off Topless Women In Joburg (PICS) / Argentina Ladies Go Topless In Qatar After World Cup Win(photos, 18+) / The Boob Movement Founder Poses Topless In Her Bathroom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies Can Now Go Topless In 6 American States! by edeXede: 2:04pm On Sep 23, 2019
A federal court this week made it legal for women in six states to go topless.

The 10th Circuit Court of Appeals struck down a Fort Collins, Colorado, topless ban, meaning women can now show more skin in Colorado, Wyoming, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Kansas and Utah without legal repercussions.

It’s a huge victory for plaintiffs Brit Hoagland and Samantha Six, who sued the city over its law as part of the #FreeTheNipple movement, calling it an attack on gender inequality.

Ms. Hoaglandtold KGUN: “Everybody should be able to be comfortable on a hot day and if that means taking their shirt off so be it. No matter how you look, you should have the same freedom at the person next to you. And it’s also about equality.”

“Addressing small parts of inequality can make a big difference in how people are treated on a day-to-day basis, and I thought free the nipple was just one small step closer to how it should be,” she added.

Fort Collins has opted to not appeal the case to the Supreme Court, making this the end of the road for now.

“I think the council as they articulated in their 4-3 vote, really just thought as a matter of priority, no guarantee of success or that the Supreme Court would even take it up, that the money was just better spent on other city priorities,” Fort Collins Deputy Director of Information Tyler Marr said.

However, it’s not set in stone. The 10th Circuit ruling opposes a 7th Circuit Court of Appeals in 2017, which upheld Chicago’s topless ban and made women going topless illegal in Wisconsin, Indiana and Illinois.

Andrew McNulty, attorney for Ms. Hoagland and Ms. Six, said the ruling addresses equal rights, but not everyone agrees.

Peg Williams of Boulder, Colorado, told the network: “I guess as a woman, I mean, I do think we deserve equal rights in everything, so I guess that would count, too. But I think if women who choose to do that, they might be asking for a little bit of trouble.”

George Langel of Fort Collins said there is a contradiction between the two laws.

“Just seems like a contradictory of laws a woman can expose her breasts, but a man can’t go in an alley behind a dumpster and take a pee without coming up on criminal charges,” he said.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/sep/20/federal-ruling-allows-women-to-legally-go-topless-/

Cc: Mynd44
Lalasticlala

Re: Ladies Can Now Go Topless In 6 American States! by ariyebaba(m): 2:08pm On Sep 23, 2019
aaaahhhhhh

grin

brb !
Re: Ladies Can Now Go Topless In 6 American States! by Heartbender: 2:13pm On Sep 23, 2019
Vaseline crew in the hashtag now �

Re: Ladies Can Now Go Topless In 6 American States! by Ekez(m): 2:34pm On Sep 23, 2019
Civilization don dey make people dey mad small small
Re: Ladies Can Now Go Topless In 6 American States! by Ekez(m): 2:36pm On Sep 23, 2019
Madness certified
Re: Ladies Can Now Go Topless In 6 American States! by Joe50(m): 2:57pm On Sep 23, 2019
Front page
Re: Ladies Can Now Go Topless In 6 American States! by JONNYSPUTE(m): 3:25pm On Sep 23, 2019
All for the men abi?.Shame dey catch me for them.So this is all they can think of. Tueh.

(1) (Reply)

MONEY With the Domino Effect — See This or Miss Out [Picture] / Have You Ever Been Caught Cheating? What Was Your Partner Response / How Long Did It Take You To Recover After Breakup? Share Your Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.