Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,799 members, 7,844,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Parents Should Stop Doing This... - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Parents Should Stop Doing This... (257 Views)

Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. / Why Parents Should Monitor Their Child/Ward: See What My Student Told Me / 7 Things All Parents Should Know Before Enrolling A Child In Nigerian Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Parents Should Stop Doing This... by CorperShop(f): 8:44am On Sep 25, 2019
EduTalksWithMeg

When Parents Allow Their Children Jump The Academic Steps
Most Parents do not know the implications of flinging their children from pry 4 or 5 to Jss1.

It's sad that those kids will bear the brunt ....
I know your kid is intelligent but is he ready?

Smartness is not the same as readiness.

Look at The teenage Jesus, He was super smart as a 12 years old so much that he was already quizzing his teachers, he knew the scriptures, had answers to the questions he was asked and he asked questions his teachers couldn't answer, but He wasn't ready to begin his ministry, Infact he wasn't even ready to confront the devil at that age ...

His parents knew he was a special child YET they made sure he went through the process, no jumping anything.

Parents, Pls stop jumping the guns.

There's a reason why formal education was designed with age bracket per class.

Im always concerned when parents consult me on behalf of their 15yrs old who wants to "enter school".

Where are they in a hurry to go to anyway?

As a Tertiary Education Advisor, where age is an issue... I always offer both my Professional and Personal Opinions when making recommendations , and I make sure I differentiate the two. Lol�

I will soon do a post where I will show the break down of the classes and recommended age bracket as designed by our Education system.

� Note : Course Fair is Coming In November

Meg Ricketts
Tertiary Education Expert
Head , TheCourseAdviser Eduhub
IG@EduTalksWithMeg

(1) (Reply)

Guranteed UK Admission & Visa / DPED NAPE Exam Result 2018 / Which Of These Scenarios Will Be More Painful To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.