Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Ajayi Crowther University Students Locked Outside Overnight For Coming Late - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ajayi Crowther University Students Locked Outside Overnight For Coming Late (22314 Views)

AAU Lecturer Flogs Students For Coming Late For An Exam(Photos) / Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter / Adenowo Emmanuel Oreoluwa Expelled By Ajayi Crowther University Over Indian Hemp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ajayi Crowther University Students Locked Outside Overnight For Coming Late by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 21, 2019
heendrix:

Lol grin grin bro you sef be living testimony?

chai if man no die that time for school nothing fit kill me again
I be living testimony oo my nigga...
If Capt.Abdusallam no kill me I wonder who can..haha
Re: Ajayi Crowther University Students Locked Outside Overnight For Coming Late by fergie001: 12:46pm On Oct 21, 2019
sapientia:

Nothing can justify locking students out at night. Imagine a shoot out between police and armed robbers that night.

Safety first.

If anything happened to those kids, those who berated him will still ask for his head.

That's if they are not asking for it already as this is viral.
All Universities have rules...."if" is a relative clause but we are hopeful nothing will happen to them.
But, they were informed.
Their parents were informed.

...that the University will take these steps so,...

The initial letter of the Univ also went viral.
The warnings also went viral.

We like to emotionally react to the aftermath without heading for the source.

Hopefully, they will sign some docs of not repeating it again, and will come in today.

Prof Asaju is a good man.
Some of these things aren't as easy as they seem.

3 Likes

Re: Ajayi Crowther University Students Locked Outside Overnight For Coming Late by fergie001: 12:48pm On Oct 21, 2019
heendrix:

That stuffs don't work in Nigeria bruh.....shey the fact I was always beaten like a criminal in command secondary school for coming late did it make me any better when I got to the University? nah

the truth is anywhere there's a relaxed law Nigerians esp would love to over use n tear it sef sad
Thank you jare...
Re: Ajayi Crowther University Students Locked Outside Overnight For Coming Late by alphaNomega: 12:50pm On Oct 21, 2019
Soul47:
Here I am thinking Madonna University was worse.

It actually is. Ever wondered why they don't trend anymore? Their students have been banned from exposing the ills of the university online or face expulsion plus prison sentence.

These guys were used as scapegoats, one of them was even a youth corper undergoing active service!

https://www.nairaland.com/5279477/6-madonna-university-students-lecturer

I wondered why people still attend Madonna University, but then I figured it out. Most of the students are desperate for a University degree or their parents/guardians/caregivers are ill-informed or do not care about the school. That's why the school management abuses her students with impunity. I learn that some students are given preferential treatment on-campus.
Re: Ajayi Crowther University Students Locked Outside Overnight For Coming Late by fergie001: 12:56pm On Oct 21, 2019
Jaynom:
Yup. All universities owned by Religious Bodies Abuse The human rights of their students. All of Them!
And their staff too....that's correct.
Re: Ajayi Crowther University Students Locked Outside Overnight For Coming Late by heendrix(m): 12:56pm On Oct 21, 2019
Rgade:

I be living testimony oo my nigga...
If Capt.Abdusallam no kill me I wonder who can..haha

Lol ur own still better hin be Captain.....the guy wey handle me then na this Corporal Abu the scars still dey my body sef.....but the funny thing was we became so close after school and I din waste time at home I got admission to uni nigga was shock

I was one the most unserious then grin
Re: Ajayi Crowther University Students Locked Outside Overnight For Coming Late by thatigboman: 1:08pm On Oct 21, 2019
fergie001:

All Universities have rules...."if" is a relative clause but we are hopeful nothing will happen to them.
But, they were informed.
Their parents were informed.

...that the University will take these steps so,...

The initial letter of the Univ also went viral.
The warnings also went viral.

We like to emotionally react to the aftermath without heading for the source.

Hopefully, they will sign some docs of not repeating it again, and will come in today.

Prof Asaju is a good man.
Some of these things aren't as easy as they seem.

see how u are justifying the evil deeds of a tyrant
Re: Ajayi Crowther University Students Locked Outside Overnight For Coming Late by fergie001: 1:10pm On Oct 21, 2019
thatigboman:
see how u are justifying the evil deeds of a tyrant
Who is the tyrant?

1 Like

Re: Ajayi Crowther University Students Locked Outside Overnight For Coming Late by TUANKU(m): 1:27pm On Oct 21, 2019
squarelead:

Ajayi University
I know.
Re: Ajayi Crowther University Students Locked Outside Overnight For Coming Late by Seniormanfeyyie(m): 1:29pm On Oct 21, 2019
This is a big lie Mr poster. I just spoke with a brother of mine now that works as a staff in the school. The students actually slept in school. This is cheap blackmail from ignorant minds. Please disregard this information. Ajayi Crowther University Oyo is a great institution of learning and high standards going by their track record. Thanks

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ajayi Crowther University Students Locked Outside Overnight For Coming Late by fergie001: 1:37pm On Oct 21, 2019
Seniormanfeyyie:
This is a big lie Mr poster. I just spoke with a brother of mine now that works as a staff in the school. The students actually slept in school. This is cheap blackmail from ignorant minds. Please disregard this information. Ajayi Crowther University Oyo is a great institution of learning and high standards going by their track record. Thanks
God bless you Sire....

2 Likes

Re: Ajayi Crowther University Students Locked Outside Overnight For Coming Late by edoairways: 1:58pm On Oct 21, 2019
TUANKU:
Tyranny does not exist only in Aso Rock, an average naija man in any leadership position is a tyrant.
Imagine this glorified secondary school.
Why should the students resume late? If the university impose charges on late resumption you would still complain
Re: Ajayi Crowther University Students Locked Outside Overnight For Coming Late by edoairways: 2:00pm On Oct 21, 2019
AleAirHub:
Such rules was there before those students were admitted into the SCH.

So ki ni big deal ? undecided
I wonder
Re: Ajayi Crowther University Students Locked Outside Overnight For Coming Late by TUANKU(m): 2:00pm On Oct 21, 2019
edoairways:

Why should the students resume late? If the university impose charges on late resumption you would still complain
There are so many reasons why someone can be late, the still made it to school same day.
Your comment clearly shows you're a wicked heart.
Re: Ajayi Crowther University Students Locked Outside Overnight For Coming Late by edoairways: 2:04pm On Oct 21, 2019
TUANKU:

There are so many reasons why someone can be late, the still made it to school same day.
Your comment clearly shows you're a wicked heart.
Am not wicked rather am blunt. The university can impose late resumption charges on students to serve as a deterrent for late coming. Hence there will be no need to lock them outside
Re: Ajayi Crowther University Students Locked Outside Overnight For Coming Late by LeanonGOD(m): 3:14pm On Oct 21, 2019
Abeg komot for road, bird of the same feather. SMH.
AleAirHub:
Such rules was there before those students were admitted into the SCH.

So ki ni big deal ? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ajayi Crowther University Students Locked Outside Overnight For Coming Late by Kingrexyl(m): 3:16pm On Oct 21, 2019
Secondary school
Re: Ajayi Crowther University Students Locked Outside Overnight For Coming Late by Seniormanfeyyie(m): 3:31pm On Oct 21, 2019
Clearly its obvious the students were locked outside but for sake of emphasy, they were later allowed entry into the school. The school as an institution is meant to discipline its students. The school needs to let it be known that it has policies and principles and no student should rubbish it. No wonder we have leaders today who don't have regard for time and appointments. The students should be well moulded before they are released into the larger society. We already have more problems to contend with as a society. Nobody should add more to it. Who the father loves, he corrects. The students must have learnt their lesson and won't indulge in that again but the bottom line remains (the students were later allowed into the school to sleep as I was reliably informed by a member of staff of the school). Let's learn to embrace correction as individuals. My humble submission as a senior man who was and is still a student of discipline.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajayi Crowther University Students Locked Outside Overnight For Coming Late by Okoroawusa: 3:45pm On Oct 21, 2019
When you know the rules of an organization try no abide by them. After all nobody forced you to enroll as a student of the school.
Re: Ajayi Crowther University Students Locked Outside Overnight For Coming Late by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 21, 2019
heendrix:

Lol ur own still better hin be Captain.....the guy wey handle me then na this Corporal Abu the scars still dey my body sef.....but the funny thing was we became so close after school and I din waste time at home I got admission to uni nigga was shock

I was one the most unserious then grin
True true na those non commissioned officers dey wicked pass ... but na for the best shaa..
Las Las we no eventually waste grin grin
Re: Ajayi Crowther University Students Locked Outside Overnight For Coming Late by Legendguru: 4:01pm On Oct 21, 2019
Oh
Re: Ajayi Crowther University Students Locked Outside Overnight For Coming Late by OptimusIBK: 6:07pm On Oct 21, 2019
I read some people say "kini big deal"...the rules were there before... Blah...bla...bla..
Hello! The level of insecurity in Nigeria is high.... At least they could have allowed the students into the school compound rather than lock them outside the school gate over night (ninu otu tu) ...what if something bad had happened to them all in the name of instilling discipline ...what would the school have said?.... Haba why can't we value a precious life for once in this country?....lai ki se eranko!!! ....Not good at all abegi...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ajayi Crowther University Students Locked Outside Overnight For Coming Late by greggng: 7:20pm On Oct 21, 2019
It is an established truth that you Nigerians lack discipline ....that is why you tend to criticise anyone implementing it. ...lawless people....they are now blaming the school instead of the students that failed to obey simple law. If you have a job interview to attend by 10 am , would you start going by 11am? A serious minded person should be their an hour before interview....the opposite is what we see from this new generation endomie kids
Re: Ajayi Crowther University Students Locked Outside Overnight For Coming Late by Ibukn58: 8:25pm On Oct 21, 2019
I am a student of the school, and can confirm that they did lock them outside. Those justifying students lives being endangered are foolish. You don't know the reason these students are just coming, it's a private school, the fees are expensive and not everybody can afford it immediately, why should they be punished for that? People's situations are different.
This is just a small portion of the kind of things that happens in ajayi crowther university. Students are locked outside church for being a mere 3 to 5 mins late, despite the fact that the hostel conditions are very poor despite paying 105k per session. There are many times when there is no water supply in the hostels. Complains are always being made about the poor conditions, but the vice chancellor always turns a blind eye to it but rather find something to shout at students about. The level of hypocrisy showcased by this so called faith based university is staggering. The only reason why these students were finally allowed into school is because a student took action and shared the incident online, if not, they could still be outside this night, and let it be known that it was the vice chancellor, a supposed bishop, a supposed christian, that gave the directive that students be locked outside in a town that is very unsafe, despite the amount of money we pay as school fees. Nothing and nobody can justify it, it is sick and inhumane, and we can only thank God that nobody was a victim of evil amongst these students

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ajayi Crowther University Students Locked Outside Overnight For Coming Late by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:56pm On Oct 21, 2019
Ibukn58:
I am a student of the school, and can confirm that they did lock them outside. Those justifying students lives being endangered are foolish. You don't know the reason these students are just coming, it's a private school, the fees are expensive and not everybody can afford it immediately, why should they be punished for that? People's situations are different.
This is just a small portion of the kind of things that happens in ajayi crowther university. Students are locked outside church for being a mere 3 to 5 mins late, despite the fact that the hostel conditions are very poor despite paying 105k per session. There are many times when there is no water supply in the hostels. Complains are always being made about the poor conditions, but the vice chancellor always turns a blind eye to it but rather find something to shout at students about. The level of hypocrisy showcased by this so called faith based university is staggering. The only reason why these students were finally allowed into school is because a student took action and shared the incident online, if not, they could still be outside this night, and let it be known that it was the vice chancellor, a supposed bishop, a supposed christian, that gave the directive that students be locked outside in a town that is very unsafe, despite the amount of money we pay as school fees. Nothing and nobody can justify it, it is sick and inhumane, and we can only thank God that nobody was a victim of evil amongst these students
wetin u de study...well I get ur point though it's sad how these things happen..just resuming late... u lock students out... I no understand there are better ways to address this....its a university for God's sake...
Re: Ajayi Crowther University Students Locked Outside Overnight For Coming Late by Bigluv(m): 10:02pm On Oct 21, 2019
heendrix:

Lol grin grin bro you sef be living testimony?

chai if man no die that time for school nothing fit kill me again
I'm an Ex commando I rep Command secondary School Bode Igbo Ibadan late comers on resumption see a lot hard labour and other stuffs punishment from seniors etc. But this shouldn't be happening in the University for crying out loud this is pure madness to the management of the school.
ACU is very close to where I stay and I know their fees is high why this ill treatment endangering the lives of innocent children it's really absurd.
Re: Ajayi Crowther University Students Locked Outside Overnight For Coming Late by bbjummy: 8:50pm On Oct 24, 2019
Glorified secondary school

(1) (2) (Reply)

JAMB Candidates’ Most Preferred Universities In Nigeria / Olasunkanmi Opeifa Named Finalist For $1m Global Teacher Prize / Police Arrest Osun School Proprietor For Circulating Fake Reopening Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.