Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra (29923 Views)

Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon / Femi Fani-Kayode To Emir Sanusi: You Are Reaping What You Sowed / Femi Fani-Kayode To Okorocha: 'Judas Of Igboland, Stop Crying' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by henrynwafor(m): 5:56pm On Oct 24, 2019
WHY I CANNOT DESCRIBE GENERAL YAKUBU GOWON AS A HERO

When the real history of the country is written the role of General Yakubu Gowon and the other Nigerian commanders during the civil war will be put in proper perspective. The slaughter of 3 million Biafran civilians in that war is the greatest act of black on black genocide in human history.

I cannot celebrate the birth of a man who presided over such carnage and neither can I describe him as a hero. Nigeria cannot make much progress or truly prosper until she apologises to the Igbo and Biafrans for the great evil that we visited upon them duing the civil war.

The waging of war is different to the mass murder of civilians. The former is lawful, the latter is not. War between two armies is legitimate but the targetting and slaughtering of innocent and defenceless men, women and children is a violation of international law and a crime against humanity.

Worse still such savagery and barbarity is simply unacceptable in a society or nation that lays claim to being rational, reasonable, decent, benign and civilised.

The truth is that those that were directly involved in the carnage have innocent blood on their hands and that blood cries to God in heaven for vengeance and justice.

We as a nation would do well to learn from others and muster the decency and courage to apologise and make reparations to the people of the South East for the abominable cruelty and wickedness that we visited on them in the name of the Nigerian civil war.

(Femi Fani-Kayode)

https://m.facebook.com/ffaniKayode/photos/a.10155643989242210/10157769571127210/?type=3&source=54

84 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by donbachi(m): 6:10pm On Oct 24, 2019
Achara soup is working...nice one.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by henrynwafor(m): 6:18pm On Oct 24, 2019
FFK is among the few that does not find it difficult to say their mind in this country

215 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by henrynwafor(m): 6:21pm On Oct 24, 2019
cc: Mynd44
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by henrynwafor(m): 6:23pm On Oct 24, 2019
grin grin
donbachi:
Achara soup is working...nice one.
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by ContentedK: 6:24pm On Oct 24, 2019
FFK is very right on this

136 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by henrynwafor(m): 6:26pm On Oct 24, 2019
i support your view
ContentedK:

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by Myself2(m): 6:29pm On Oct 24, 2019
ContentedK:

Truth be told Gowon na scam
I still remember his role in the shady pfizer vaccine scandal

119 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by Kentura(m): 6:30pm On Oct 24, 2019
Gowon needs to be tried in an international court.. Mans a beast!

106 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by Cyberterror: 6:32pm On Oct 24, 2019
I know that yorubas will say that tight Igbo pvssy is what has kept FFK's brain on reverse mode but let's keep watching him grin

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by LegendHer0: 6:34pm On Oct 24, 2019
FFK the lunatic again!

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by RPirez: 6:40pm On Oct 24, 2019
grin
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by muykem: 7:06pm On Oct 24, 2019
FFK is a useless kid that refused to grow up at age of about 60years. Whenever we are preaching against war and IPOB is beating drum, this is what we are saying. Nobody save any arsenal during the war, in fact, the stronger the opposition, the deadly the arsenal needed. God himself need to killed all the first born in Egypt before they allowed Israel to go.

52 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by helinues: 7:06pm On Oct 24, 2019
Who again hid FFK's stuffs from him?

This is unfair ooo.. Make Una people beware of Rabies oo

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:07pm On Oct 24, 2019
henrynwafor:

Former Nigerian Head of State, Yakubu Gowon celebrated his 85th birthday a few days ago and he was largely hailed and celebrated as a 'hero'.

Femi Fani-Kayode has however explained why he cannot celebrate Gowon or describe him as a hero.

According to FFK, 'when the real history of the country is written the role of General Yakubu Gowon and the other Nigerian commanders during the civil war will be put in proper perspective. The slaughter of 3 million Biafran civilians in that war is the greatest act of black on black genocide in human history'.

SOURCE:https://www.ligitnews.com/post/i-cannot-celebrate-the-birth-of-a-man-who-presided-over-the-slaughter-of-3-million-biafran-civilians---ffk-to-yakubu-gowon

Who will call a murderer a hero

Except illiterates that doesn't know what it means to be a hero

It's just like calling Buhari the father of modern day democracy grin grin cheesy grin

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by oyatz(m): 7:14pm On Oct 24, 2019
Is Gen Gowon or any Nigerian asking FFK to celebrate Gen Yakubu Gowon, a Super Hero of the Federal Republic of Nigeria?

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by Afamed: 7:36pm On Oct 24, 2019
But you can celebrate the birth of Obj Who supervised the killings of Odi people in Bayelsa state. Or those lives in Odi were less important? This guy and his followers are all confused elements

81 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by simpleseyi: 7:57pm On Oct 24, 2019
I thought the drug addict said that it was Obafemi Awolowo that used your fathers and uncles for pepper soup and suya, isn't it Awo again? The bastard is very very confused.

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by simpleseyi: 8:00pm On Oct 24, 2019
helinues:
Who again hid FFK's stuffs from him?

This is unfair ooo.. Make Una people beware of Rabies oo

It's Bianca Ojukwu. I don't know why she did this again.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by Faeton: 9:01pm On Oct 24, 2019
I will advise we research the history (Precedence) of what he is saying and understand better. Nigerian youth read your history please.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by Faeton: 9:06pm On Oct 24, 2019
LegendHer0:
FFK the lunatic again!
Wrong....read

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by Faeton: 9:08pm On Oct 24, 2019
muykem:
FFK is a useless kid that refused to grow up at age of about 60years. Whenever we are preaching against war and IPOB is beating drum, this is what we are saying. Nobody save any arsenal during the war, in fact, the stronger the opposition, the deadly the arsenal needed. God himself need to killed all the first born in Egypt before they allowed Israel to go.
You realize you are actually saying the same thing in a different way

12 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by LegendHer0: 9:11pm On Oct 24, 2019
Faeton:

Wrong....read

I’ve read it countless times!

FFK still remains a lunatic.

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by Faeton: 9:27pm On Oct 24, 2019
LegendHer0:

I’ve read it countless times!

FFK still remains a lunatic.
Not FFK , history of Nigeria

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by LegendHer0: 9:32pm On Oct 24, 2019
Faeton:

Not FFK , history of Nigeria

Lol, I know the history of Nigeria even more deeper than you can think.

What FFK is saying is just plain rubbish. He is a deranged adult that take pleasure in stoking the fire of hatred and attacking people all to appeal to his illiterate and hateful base.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by Faeton: 9:38pm On Oct 24, 2019
LegendHer0:

What FFK is saying is just plain rubbish. He is a deranged adult that take pleasure in stoking the fire of hatred and attacking people all to appeal to his illiterate and hateful base.

Okay

7 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by Oluwatosean(m): 9:42pm On Oct 24, 2019
Lemme pretend like I know who gowan is.

FFK is absolutely right though

8 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:46pm On Oct 24, 2019
War is not a joke!
There are still clear archives of WW2, everybody gets bombed, Syria, Yemen, Sudan, are recent examples

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by gidgiddy: 9:50pm On Oct 24, 2019
LegendHer0:

Is what he said wrong? How do you celebrate a man who superintendents over the killing of 3 million people?

18 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by LegendHer0: 9:53pm On Oct 24, 2019
gidgiddy:

Is what he said wrong? How do you celebrate a man who superintendents over the killing of 3 million people?

He had a duty of defending his country as a soldier against disintegration as enshrined in the constitution.

He was a soldier that had to do what needs to be done coz even if it’s not Gowon it will be someone else.

You all made it look like Gowon started the war. You also made it look like the Biafran side never killed any Nigerian soldier or civilian.

C’mon it’s a war and each side had a duty to defend their own and war always lead to casualties around the world. If Ojukwu birthday can be celebrated then Gowon also should have a chance to celebrate his birthday.

73 Likes 16 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Elias Nwalem Mbam as RMAFC chairman / Lagos #EndSARS Panel Awards N10m To Kolade Johnson’s Family / Tinubu In Europe Resting, Meeting Heads Of Govts — APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.