Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,082 members, 7,852,673 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:38 PM

#SexforGrades: UNIPORT Bans Hugging Between Lecturers And Female Students - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / #SexforGrades: UNIPORT Bans Hugging Between Lecturers And Female Students (21011 Views)

TETFUND: BIMS To Empower Education For Students, Lecturers And Staff / The Polytechnic, Ibadan Bans Hugging, Indecent Dressing, Others On Campus / Covid-19: Microbiology And Biochemistry Lecturers And Students Are Useless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #SexforGrades: UNIPORT Bans Hugging Between Lecturers And Female Students by wink2015(m): 12:39pm On Nov 04, 2019
GistUpdates:
University of Port Harcourt, UNIPORT, has launched its policy against sexual harassment where amorous hugging between lecturers and female students is now an offence with those found guilty punished severely.

The Vice Chancellor of the University, Professor Ndowa E. S. Lale at the launch of the policy ceremony, which held at Ebitime Banigo hall said the University decided to raise the bar on sexual harassment to ensure that the young men and women put in the charge of lecturers are protected, especially from antics of sexual predators who use their privileged positions to blackmail or railroad their unwilling students or subordinate staff into granting them sexual favours.

He said the management of the University in the policy document defined the rules of engagement in terms of the acceptable of engagement between lecturers, administrators and students, including visitors to the university. Prof Ndowa vowed that sanctions would be meted to earring members of staff but added that there was a robust in built checks and balances to protect those who are innocently accused.

He also warned that any person so accused would be presumed guilty until he or she could prove otherwise under the established rules of fair hearing. Prof Ndowa also warned that henceforth, lectures and administrators who did not remember to tell their tailors to sew zippers in front of their trousers should be ready to bear the consequences of their amorous liaison with female students.

He warned that the same applied to students who harassed lecturers to award them undeserved grades, saying they should equally be ready to face the music if and when caught in the act of self advertisement to their lecturers.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/11/03/uniport-bans-hugging-between-lecturers-and-female-students/

Were it not for the BBC Documentary that revealled the dark side of our tertiary institution they would not have implemented their DAY BREAK POLICY !
Re: #SexforGrades: UNIPORT Bans Hugging Between Lecturers And Female Students by Adagunduro: 12:54pm On Nov 04, 2019
Faka used to be Jonathan student in UNIPORT.
Re: #SexforGrades: UNIPORT Bans Hugging Between Lecturers And Female Students by lloyds(m): 1:04pm On Nov 04, 2019
Nonsense. How about hugging between male students and female lecturers?

The things done are done in the secrets. . Hope they reason well.
Re: #SexforGrades: UNIPORT Bans Hugging Between Lecturers And Female Students by Ken4Christ: 2:47pm On Nov 04, 2019
What is the relationship between hugging and sex for grades? When those who are supposed to impart knowledge have low mentality, then our schools are in big trouble. My kids will not attend university education in Nigeria.
Re: #SexforGrades: UNIPORT Bans Hugging Between Lecturers And Female Students by PennywysCares(m): 3:15pm On Nov 04, 2019
otokx:
Unique

Uniport
Re: #SexforGrades: UNIPORT Bans Hugging Between Lecturers And Female Students by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 04, 2019
why will a male lecturer and a female student be hugging in the first place
Re: #SexforGrades: UNIPORT Bans Hugging Between Lecturers And Female Students by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 04, 2019
jaxxy:
I don’t understand do lecturers hug the female students in the skol b4
i tire grin
Re: #SexforGrades: UNIPORT Bans Hugging Between Lecturers And Female Students by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 04, 2019
lloyds:
Nonsense. How about hugging between male students and female lecturers?

The things done are done in the secrets. . Hope they reason well.
why will u be hugging ur lecturer in the first place? wetin bring the familiarity to that level?

1 Like

Re: #SexforGrades: UNIPORT Bans Hugging Between Lecturers And Female Students by MILLERMannn: 12:20pm On Nov 05, 2019
ehinmowo:
The academia is one of the sectors that is so daft. We just act without sense in this country. Tell me how will hugging eradicate the menace?

How many student even dey hug lecturers in the first place?

Have a box where students can drop petition against any lecturer involved in such act, without the student's name and identity included in the petition. collate these every month and investigate the lecture whose name comes out the most. The rest will be on the watchlist.

If I look though a lecturer's course data, I can categorically tell you the kind of lecturer the fellow is.
Hmmm
Re: #SexforGrades: UNIPORT Bans Hugging Between Lecturers And Female Students by ehinmowo: 10:37am On Nov 06, 2019
MILLERMannn:

I did this for a particular school. There was a teacher that you to harass the students there. I fought for the students. Although I was sacked by the supervisor but things were put in place by the owner of the school to check these overzealous teachers.

exceptional I must say. bigger things awaits you bro.
Re: #SexforGrades: UNIPORT Bans Hugging Between Lecturers And Female Students by MILLERMannn: 7:37am On Jan 02, 2022
ehinmowo:
The academia is one of the sectors that is so daft. We just act without sense in this country. Tell me how will hugging eradicate the menace?

How many student even dey hug lecturers in the first place?

Have a box where students can drop petition against any lecturer involved in such act, without the student's name and identity included in the petition. collate these every month and investigate the lecture whose name comes out the most. The rest will be on the watchlist.

If I look though a lecturer's course data, I can categorically tell you the kind of lecturer the fellow is
Can you explain that to me. Pls how will you know through his course data?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UNICAL Suspends Dean of Faculty of Law Over Alleged Rape Of Student / Pictures From Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike Campus / Shell Undergraduate Scholarship 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.