Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,854 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Appeal Court Dismisses Ogboru’s Appeal, Upholds Okowa’s Victory As Delta Gov - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Dismisses Ogboru’s Appeal, Upholds Okowa’s Victory As Delta Gov (7284 Views)

Tribunal Upholds Governor Okowa’s Victory / Court Of Appeal Upholds Abba Kabir Yusuf As PDP Candidate In Kano / Ogboru The APC Governorship Candidate Buhari Called 'APC Presidential Candidate' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appeal Court Dismisses Ogboru’s Appeal, Upholds Okowa’s Victory As Delta Gov by References: 2:14pm On Nov 15, 2019
The Court of Appeal in Abuja has dismissed the case filed by the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Great Ogboru on the March 2019 Governorship Elections in Delta state for lacking in merit.

A unanimous decision by a panel of five justices affirmed the decisions of the tribunal which upheld the victory of Ifeanyi Okowa as Governor of the state.

Mr. Ogboru had approached the appellate court in a bid to upturn the September judgement of the elections tribunal that dismissed its petition seeking the cancellation of the March 2019 elections in which Okowa was declared a winner for lacking in merit.

The APC candidate who appealed on 37 grounds stated that the tribunal erred on the point of law.

He contended that the total number of votes declared for the PDP candidate outnumbered the total number of accredited voters during the elections.

But the appeal court ruled in favour of the respondent, Ifeanyi Okowa on the ground that the appellant is unable to prove the case.

The panel also held that the appellant was unable to mention at least one accredited voters who did not vote in the election, nor was he able to call at least an agent of the political party who on the point of law is the most qualified person to testify in a case of over-voting.

The court, however, dismissed the entire appeal for lacking in merit.

It affirmed the decisions of the tribunal which upheld the victory of Ifeanyi Okowa in the March 2019 governorship election.

No cost was however awarded against the appellant.

https://www.channelstv.com/2019/11/15/breaking-appeal-court-dismisses-ogborus-appeal-upholds-okowas-victory-as-delta-governor/

Re: Appeal Court Dismisses Ogboru’s Appeal, Upholds Okowa’s Victory As Delta Gov by Neimar: 2:19pm On Nov 15, 2019
First to comment grin grin

Ogboru go cry today

Abraka people go wail taya

4 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Dismisses Ogboru’s Appeal, Upholds Okowa’s Victory As Delta Gov by DrObum(m): 2:19pm On Nov 15, 2019
Ogboru the perpetual aspirant. He'll try again in four years.

14 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Dismisses Ogboru’s Appeal, Upholds Okowa’s Victory As Delta Gov by axglide(m): 2:20pm On Nov 15, 2019
Great Ogboru one day you shall be governor.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Dismisses Ogboru’s Appeal, Upholds Okowa’s Victory As Delta Gov by emmabest2000(m): 2:21pm On Nov 15, 2019
That means there’s no partiality as people usually thought !

But the one that sweet me pass is Busola lost on rape case

Had it be that she won that rape case , so many ladies will keep on bringing up.... 10 to 20years ago sex with their ex and tag it rape !

God is super faithful !

And to be honest, I’m not a fan of any pastor !

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Dismisses Ogboru’s Appeal, Upholds Okowa’s Victory As Delta Gov by Omoluabi16(m): 2:21pm On Nov 15, 2019
Ogboru should give it a rest. He's not destined to lead Delta. The buhari case won't work here.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Dismisses Ogboru’s Appeal, Upholds Okowa’s Victory As Delta Gov by spafu(m): 2:21pm On Nov 15, 2019
Great Ogburu will need to take sometime off politics and do a serious appraisal of himself and his political strategies so as to know what could be responsible for his continuous failure to clinch any elective position he has vie for, I know he is rich, nevertheless, he shouldn't just go about spending money in a project that is not likely to succeed.

Talking about money, I had struggled to make a decent income until I started counting on the help of nairaland guys here. However, my Income Stats are down for this month and I know I can count on you guys to help me with your magic clicks that helped me to make $94 last month. Kindly help me to match or even earn more this month, so I can continue to put food on the table for me and my young family.
Just click the links on my signature at NO COST, other than your data. Thank you, Merci, Asantasiana, Gracias.
Re: Appeal Court Dismisses Ogboru’s Appeal, Upholds Okowa’s Victory As Delta Gov by Phpmax7: 2:22pm On Nov 15, 2019
Re: Appeal Court Dismisses Ogboru’s Appeal, Upholds Okowa’s Victory As Delta Gov by ChiefOloye(m): 2:22pm On Nov 15, 2019
Their democracy won't be in danger now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Dismisses Ogboru’s Appeal, Upholds Okowa’s Victory As Delta Gov by DennisEche(m): 2:22pm On Nov 15, 2019
OGOBORU GO JOIN MUMU PARTY MEAN WHILE OKOWA NA SCAM
Re: Appeal Court Dismisses Ogboru’s Appeal, Upholds Okowa’s Victory As Delta Gov by Wanity(m): 2:22pm On Nov 15, 2019
OK next
Re: Appeal Court Dismisses Ogboru’s Appeal, Upholds Okowa’s Victory As Delta Gov by mcmbonu: 2:23pm On Nov 15, 2019
OK. Next
Re: Appeal Court Dismisses Ogboru’s Appeal, Upholds Okowa’s Victory As Delta Gov by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 15, 2019
Ogboru should stop wasting his money. The margin is too much and Okowa Ifeanyi has come to stay as Delta state Governor.

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Dismisses Ogboru’s Appeal, Upholds Okowa’s Victory As Delta Gov by Prinztong(m): 2:29pm On Nov 15, 2019
Iya!
Re: Appeal Court Dismisses Ogboru’s Appeal, Upholds Okowa’s Victory As Delta Gov by Sonnobax15(m): 2:32pm On Nov 15, 2019
Ogboru's total votes weren't enough for him to be decleared the winner...though i voted 4 him,but i must confess,okowa won the election..

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Dismisses Ogboru’s Appeal, Upholds Okowa’s Victory As Delta Gov by Creamz(m): 2:33pm On Nov 15, 2019
Okowa should call the people he dropped from work some 4 years ago back. It's been months they finished the validation of their employment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Dismisses Ogboru’s Appeal, Upholds Okowa’s Victory As Delta Gov by Agugbadin: 2:35pm On Nov 15, 2019
axglide:

It is impossible, he has nothing to offer to Delta state. He should retire from politics, hls case is just like Jeremiah Oseni of plateau stateI who was a governor when I was a little boy now coming to contest with his grand children

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Dismisses Ogboru’s Appeal, Upholds Okowa’s Victory As Delta Gov by Centcanada: 2:35pm On Nov 15, 2019
You want to joke with Senator Dr Authur Okowa. He is real politician.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Dismisses Ogboru’s Appeal, Upholds Okowa’s Victory As Delta Gov by Emmasnoop(m): 2:36pm On Nov 15, 2019
We dey wait you 2023,i go even defeat this man come 2023 as far i get pdp ticket. No level

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Dismisses Ogboru’s Appeal, Upholds Okowa’s Victory As Delta Gov by marvin906(m): 2:39pm On Nov 15, 2019
who swear for This man

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Dismisses Ogboru’s Appeal, Upholds Okowa’s Victory As Delta Gov by noeloge82(m): 2:40pm On Nov 15, 2019
Since 1999 ogboru has always been to court for governorship elections maybe buhari should just compensate him nawa o

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Dismisses Ogboru’s Appeal, Upholds Okowa’s Victory As Delta Gov by seanw: 2:43pm On Nov 15, 2019
Agugbadin:

It is impossible, he has nothing to offer to Delta state. He should retire from politics, hls case is just like Jeremiah Oseni of plateau stateI who was a governor when I was a little boy now coming to contest with his grand children

Are you God?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Dismisses Ogboru’s Appeal, Upholds Okowa’s Victory As Delta Gov by OsunSkullMiner: 2:46pm On Nov 15, 2019
MelesZenawi:
Ogboru should stop wasting his money. The margin is too much and Okowa Ifeanyi has come to stay as Delta state Governor.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Dismisses Ogboru’s Appeal, Upholds Okowa’s Victory As Delta Gov by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 15, 2019
axglide:
It can be easily achieved in PDP

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Dismisses Ogboru’s Appeal, Upholds Okowa’s Victory As Delta Gov by Antoeni(m): 3:21pm On Nov 15, 2019
Like Atiku like Ogboru

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Dismisses Ogboru’s Appeal, Upholds Okowa’s Victory As Delta Gov by JAWBONE(m): 3:38pm On Nov 15, 2019
If Ogboru by mistake enter govt house, i pity Delta State treasury

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Dismisses Ogboru’s Appeal, Upholds Okowa’s Victory As Delta Gov by Passionate888: 3:52pm On Nov 15, 2019
Chai
Re: Appeal Court Dismisses Ogboru’s Appeal, Upholds Okowa’s Victory As Delta Gov by adenigga(m): 4:04pm On Nov 15, 2019
DrObum:
Ogboru the perpetual aspirant. He'll try again in four years.

Yes! My brother, He's an emeritus aspirant.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov. Ikpeazu Calls For Enforcement Of Anti-Open Grazing Law / LP: Account For Funds From Abroad, Suspended Treasurer, Opara Tells Abure / Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.