Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Casillas: If Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Ballon D'or, It Is Not Logical - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Casillas: If Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Ballon D'or, It Is Not Logical (1013 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Wins 2017 Ballon D’or; His 5th Award (Photos) / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! / C. Ronaldo Wins UEFA Men's Player Of The Year, Thanks Teammates On Instagram Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Casillas: If Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Ballon D'or, It Is Not Logical by ecclize: 4:02pm On Nov 16, 2019
Iker Casillas has unleashed a fierce debate on Twitter after sharing his opinions about the upcoming Ballon d'Or.

The former Real Madrid goalkeeper, who now plies his trade for Porto, believes that former teammate Cristiano Ronaldo should not be in contention to win this year's award.

"[Virgil] van Dijk was chosen as UEFA's best player; [Lionel] Messi was chosen by FIFA; if Cristiano wins the Ballon d'Or, it would seem to me that the guidelines we use in football to determine who wins its biggest individual awards are not logical," Casillas tweeted.

https://twitter.com/IkerCasillas/status/1195337885874085893?s=19

UEFA Men's Player of the Year is chosen by 53 top sports journalists, who vote for their top three players, with first, second and third place receiving five, three and one point respectively.

FIFA's is chosen by the captains and coaches of all national teams in FIFA-affiliated federations in five continents, with fans also having a say through an online ballot which accounts for 50 percent of the final result.

These two awards are chosen based on performances throughout an entire season, whereas the Ballon d'Or spans a calendar year, with every match, including friendlies, taken into account, which is then chosen by 193 sports journalists.

Re: Casillas: If Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Ballon D'or, It Is Not Logical by Bithub: 4:11pm On Nov 16, 2019
When will Casillas stop being pained or is this his permanent condition

1 Like

Re: Casillas: If Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Ballon D'or, It Is Not Logical by SimDan95(m): 4:14pm On Nov 16, 2019
my brother casillas is in serious chest pain, when he wins it please go and snatch it away from him.

BTW please take diclofenac constantly for the chest pain, I'm sure you'll be alright later on

Re: Casillas: If Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Ballon D'or, It Is Not Logical by chiboy1116: 8:36pm On Nov 16, 2019
The truth they say is always bitter
Re: Casillas: If Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Ballon D'or, It Is Not Logical by Oldboss(m): 8:52pm On Nov 16, 2019
He is saying dey truth
SimDan95:
my brother casillas is in serious chest pain, when he wins it please go and snatch it away from him.

BTW please take diclofenac constantly for the chest pain, I'm sure you'll be alright later on
Re: Casillas: If Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Ballon D'or, It Is Not Logical by tfash96(m): 8:54pm On Nov 16, 2019
How Penaldo wan take win am.. If dem wan do madness make dem give VVD instead of Messi

And e sure 4 Messi even more than 90% closer to ham
Re: Casillas: If Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Ballon D'or, It Is Not Logical by jayjay2609: 9:40pm On Nov 16, 2019
He never said cr7 does not deserve the award, but rather he said it would be weird for the three different top awards to have three different recipients

And to that boy above me.. If it was easy to score penalty, Jesus and Messi would have scored both of their PK in the brazil-arg game ystd

And just so you know, balon dor is not like fifa the best.. I actually expect vvd to win.. Why?? Because like uefa best player, balon dor is voted for by journalists, and English press go hype VVD well, same with what they did with modric last year

1 Like

Re: Casillas: If Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Ballon D'or, It Is Not Logical by jayjay2609: 9:49pm On Nov 16, 2019
grin

(1) (Reply)

Could This Be The Most Beautiful Professional Nigerian Footballer Ever? *PHOTOS / International Friendly: Nigeria 0 vs 1 Cameroon (FT) / Euro 2020: Fixtures, Venues, Full Schedule And Kick-off Times For 2021 Tournamen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.