Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,126 members, 7,845,740 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Rice Paddy Aggregators Forum - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Rice Paddy Aggregators Forum (729 Views)

Agri Financing For MSME Aggregators And Processors / Kaduna Poultry Aggregators Laud School Feeding Programme / Long Grain Rice Paddy For Sale In Large Quantity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rice Paddy Aggregators Forum by Okadalifestyle(m): 1:14pm On Nov 21, 2019
Sourcing and aggregating long and medium grain quality paddy rice for rice mills in Nigeria can be a daunting task. The market potentials for paddy is huge and trust between actors and supporters in the value chain can be leveraged to improve efficiency and competitiveness. The demand versus the supply of quality paddy is growing exponentially especially with the land border closure. If the border remains closed or advantageous to commercial agribusinesses in Nigeria, then the market for quality paddy will be highly attractive. Old and emerging rice mills still maintain strict guiding principles to aggregators contracts and often follow through on every bag of paddy rice supplied.

To process a 50kg premium stone-free rice, the miller will require a 75-80kg of paddy. Current price of paddy range between 9,000-11,000 naira while other markets with different grading and weighing system can go as high as 12,000-13,000 naira. The current market prices are highly unregulated with the absence of tools and gadgets required to meet buyer specifications. From my experience, 75% if not more of local aggregators do not have access to tools such as grain moisture meter and digital weighing scale to aggregate to specification. The need to obtain a more stable price across markets is crucial to achieving higher profits between paddy aggregators and rice millers in Nigeria.

Re: Rice Paddy Aggregators Forum by NkemFoods: 12:22am On Nov 29, 2019
I need very quality rice paddy.
Re: Rice Paddy Aggregators Forum by Olasum(f): 7:52am On Nov 30, 2019
NkemFoods:
I need very quality rice paddy.
I can supply you, from kwara state.
Call or Whatsapp 07030843871

(1) (Reply)

African Grey Parrot For Sale / Faro 44 Rice Seed(sipi) Available / PHOTO: A Tree That Grows Fruit That Looks Like Dick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.