Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,690 members, 7,847,800 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 08:15 AM

Donatus Nwankpa Reacts To Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Donatus Nwankpa Reacts To Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction (30957 Views)

IPOB To Orji Kalu: If Nnamdi Kanu Is Harmed, You Will Be Held Responsible / Lawan Leads Senators To Orji Kalu’s Residence (Photos) / Why PDP, Atiku Will Lose In South-East – Donatus Nwankpa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Donatus Nwankpa Reacts To Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by osifoblessingme: 7:27pm On Dec 05, 2019
Mixed reactions from two political party chieftains in Abia greeted Thursday’s judgment of a Lagos High Court, which sentenced the Senate Chief Whip and former Abia governor, Sen. Orji Kalu, to 12 years in prison over N7.65 billion fraud.

The Chairman of the All Progressives Congress in the state, Donatus Nwankpa, said in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that he was disappointed and angry with the judgment.

Mr Nwankpa, who was a member of the Abia House of Assembly when Mr Kalu was governor, said that the judgment was not fair.

“The party will meet to take a position on the judgment but as an individual, I am very saddened by the judgment.

“I am not convinced that judgment was given,” he said, adding that the court’s verdict sustained his doubts about the integrity and objectivity of the nation’s judiciary.

Mr Nwankpa said that he never had the confidence that Mr Kalu would get judgment, “considering the utterances of the judge.”

“I’m highly convinced that something went wrong. The judgment is not fair,” he said.

Conversely, the Chairman, Inter-Party Advisory Council in Abia, Ceekay Igara, described the judgment as “good precedence.”

According to him, “if Kalu was found wanting as governor of the state, he should face judgment.

“It is a normal thing and goes to prove that nobody is above the law.”

Mr Igara, who is the state Chairman of the Labour Party, said that the judgment was supposed to teach two lessons.

He said, “The first lesson for those who are in government and second for others who intend to take over is that whatever they do, there is always a judgment day.”

Maduka Okoro, the South-East Media Aide to Mr Kalu, told NAN that Mr Kalu would appeal the judgment “to allow other judges and a higher court take another look at the case.”

Mr Okoro said that Kalu was not bothered by the judgment but considered it as one of the travails that every leader must experience “before becoming what God wants him to be.”

He expressed optimism that the judgment would be reversed by a higher court, adding that Mr Kalu would be acquitted at last.

He said that as governor, Mr Kalu administered Abia transparently and never defrauded the state.

Kalu was Abia governor from 1999 to 2007 and won election to the Senate in the 2019 election, after three attempts. (NAN)

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/366773-apc-chairman-reacts-to-orji-kalus-conviction.html

Re: Donatus Nwankpa Reacts To Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by osifoblessingme: 7:28pm On Dec 05, 2019
Read More>>>>>HERE
Re: Donatus Nwankpa Reacts To Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by mercyokoro24(f): 7:29pm On Dec 05, 2019
Ok seen sad
Re: Donatus Nwankpa Reacts To Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by helinues: 7:31pm On Dec 05, 2019
One of the enemy of Abians

28 Likes

Re: Donatus Nwankpa Reacts To Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by Dreal1247: 7:31pm On Dec 05, 2019
I perceive, the people with presidential ambition from the East are being crippled to pave way for some persons. My thoughts though.

24 Likes

Re: Donatus Nwankpa Reacts To Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:32pm On Dec 05, 2019
I have respect for this man , OUK.

so I won't speak ill of him for being so stupid like Joe Igbokwe.

7 Likes

Re: Donatus Nwankpa Reacts To Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by fergie001: 7:32pm On Dec 05, 2019
Nwankpa is an OUK lackey. He has no mind of his own. Ever since he was taken off the Govt by Thief After Orji, his house at Nwankpa close, off EzeNwagbara roundabout hasn't seen an extra block.

Only to impregnate married women and spend on booze is all he knows.

Second base ojare....meet koo? meter nyii....

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Donatus Nwankpa Reacts To Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by sweetonugbu: 7:36pm On Dec 05, 2019
fergie001:
Nwankpa is an OUK lackey. He has no mind of his own. Ever since he was taken off the Govt by Thief After Orji, his house at Nwankpa close, off EzeNwagbara roundabout hasn't seen an extra block.

Only to impregnate married women and spend on booze is all he knows.

Second base ojare....meet koo? meter nyii....
you know him very well

20 Likes

Re: Donatus Nwankpa Reacts To Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by fergie001: 7:38pm On Dec 05, 2019
sweetonugbu:
you know him very well
Very.....he is lucky his most senior brother (now late) is a good man.
Re: Donatus Nwankpa Reacts To Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by sweetonugbu: 7:48pm On Dec 05, 2019
fergie001:

Very.....he is lucky his most senior brother (now late) is a good man.
the crop of politicians that Abia state produces makes me weak, Sharp knives but no head(handle) ,the ones with head is blunt.

9 Likes

Re: Donatus Nwankpa Reacts To Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by Afolabimills(m): 7:52pm On Dec 05, 2019
Another thief
Re: Donatus Nwankpa Reacts To Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by fergie001: 7:55pm On Dec 05, 2019
sweetonugbu:
the crop of politicians that Abia state produces makes me weak, Sharp knives but no head(handle) ,the ones with head is blunt.

God's Own State....they are very good at inflicting pains.

7 Likes

Re: Donatus Nwankpa Reacts To Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by IOStanley(m): 8:25pm On Dec 05, 2019
Dreal1247:
I perceive, the people with presidential ambition from the East are being crippled to pave way for some persons. My thoughts though.

Absolutely you're right.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Donatus Nwankpa Reacts To Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by ursullalinda(f): 9:21pm On Dec 05, 2019
Wicked soul......he can be sad forever for all I care.....but if it's possible to extend OUK's sentencing to like 50yrs that will be perfect.....after all his greed and that of his successor' s has sent Abians 50 yrs behind. ....greedy souls

3 Likes

Re: Donatus Nwankpa Reacts To Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by Honor10: 9:50pm On Dec 05, 2019
Dreal1247:

Your thought is not only useless but senseless as well. Are u not the same people that do say anyone in APC is a new creature? Now this one is paying for his sins now, u are crying again. May ur wailing never end. As if OUK stand any chance of presidency in the first place. Mtcheew.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Donatus Nwankpa Reacts To Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by Nobody: 1:23am On Dec 06, 2019
His people are backing off, sh:t.
anyways, he will be bailed with 1billion in four market daystime.

1 Like

Re: Donatus Nwankpa Reacts To Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by lonelydora: 5:24am On Dec 06, 2019
Orji Uzor Kalu has been scammed.
Re: Donatus Nwankpa Reacts To Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by Pavore9: 5:33am On Dec 06, 2019
"He said that as governor, Mr Kalu administered Abia transparently and never defrauded the state"....Can he swear with the lives of his family members that Kalu never defrauded Abia State in any way?

4 Likes

Re: Donatus Nwankpa Reacts To Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by kynbasil01: 6:07am On Dec 06, 2019
We the entire people of Abia state wholly support the jail term of orji uzo kalu and we look forward to seeing his protégé senator ta orji in jail too

12 Likes

Re: Donatus Nwankpa Reacts To Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by Racoon(m): 6:13am On Dec 06, 2019
Mr Okoro said that Kalu was not bothered by the judgment but considered it as one of the travails that every leader must experience “before becoming what God wants him to be.”

He said that as governor, Mr Kalu administered Abia transparently and never defrauded the state.
shocked Chai! Criminal minded politicians.Only in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Donatus Nwankpa Reacts To Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by megl: 9:16am On Dec 06, 2019
T
Re: Donatus Nwankpa Reacts To Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by tomdon(m): 9:16am On Dec 06, 2019
Idiot
All of you should be arrested as well
Someone stole your money and you are not a beneficiary and you're sad that the thief was arrested, you must be insane

4 Likes

Re: Donatus Nwankpa Reacts To Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by AmazingELixir: 9:16am On Dec 06, 2019

I don't know why conviction of a fraudster should make anyone sad except ofcourse the person benefitted from such scheme.

2 Likes

Re: Donatus Nwankpa Reacts To Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by Simplyleo: 9:16am On Dec 06, 2019
Honor10:

Your thought is not only useless but senseless as well. Are u not the same people that do say anyone in APC is a new creature? Now this one is paying for his sins now, u are crying again. May ur wailing never end. As if OUK stand any chance of presidency in the first place. Mtcheew.
Honestly, those people have succeeded in turning themselves into comedians. If you want to laugh, just log into nairaland and start reading their comments. grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donatus Nwankpa Reacts To Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by OgaBuhari: 9:16am On Dec 06, 2019
Dreal1247:
hidden truths
Re: Donatus Nwankpa Reacts To Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:16am On Dec 06, 2019
This young man we quoted below has said it all...
Nothing to be added.

For all those supporting a man that was sentenced to jail for looting BILLIONS,
Here you have your response........

AkeNathan:
The Abia APC state chairman who said this, is very stupid.

This Governor stole your state dry, a whole N7 billion.

7 Billion in 2005 is like 15Billion naira today, due to inflation.

And yet you are saddened over the conviction and want to rally for his release.

And this man and others, are the reasons for infrastructural deficit in Abia state. Yet you are rallying for him.

The entire Igbo states spit on Abia politicians and her people for allowing a rot fester for over 20 years since 1999.

END OF DISCUSSION!

END OF THREAD!!

@the bolded, the looted money is actually worth around 30 BILLION NAIRA today!

Cherrybae1:
Orji Uzor Kalu is APC in Abia and Apc is Orji Kalu,
as far as Kalu is jailed APC is dead In Abia State.
mark this word.......
In all of these, it is the death of APC in Abia state that matters to your brain?
Not the judgement or the BILLIONS that was looted?
What a soul!
Politics have turned some people brain upside down patapata!
What a Shame!
Cherrybae1:
IPOB is about to declare Tinubu wanted in the whole South East, if they set their eyes on ...........Secret
A BIGGER shame!
Cherrybae1:
Tinubu is behind this setup,
and he must pay for it
Now, try as much as you can to keep shut.
The more you type, the more people shake their heads for you kid.
Go get ready for school boy!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Donatus Nwankpa Reacts To Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by sotall(m): 9:16am On Dec 06, 2019
Scapegoat
Re: Donatus Nwankpa Reacts To Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by skkslar: 9:16am On Dec 06, 2019
There has always being mixed reactions, when the money was stolen they were happy and the people were sad.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Non-Indigene Resident Form And Tax In Oba, Anambra Cause Stir Online / Betta Edu: Forget About Her Reappointment - Tinubu Tells Party Leaders / Security Around Wike’s Father’s House Tightened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.