Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 0) On 18th February 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 0) On 18th February 2020 (66589 Views)

Watford Vs Liverpool (3 - 0) On 29th February 2020 / Chelsea Vs Manchester United (0 - 2) On 17th February 2020 / Chelsea Vs Bayern Munich :UCL (0 - 3) On 25th February 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 0) On 18th February 2020 by shogsman(m): 12:26pm On Feb 19, 2020
Teaser4:
how do you explain this...unbeaten in EPL, we should conclude say EPL na Farmers league now.... wey all the mumu analyst, i hope una see FT results sha. make I remind say this athletico team fit defend this 1-0 for another 90 minutes, no be an field na unfield
the possession disproves all the crap you said.
Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 0) On 18th February 2020 by FirstbornWds: 1:03pm On Feb 19, 2020
ComradeShegs:

Liverpool is just a reference point bros...If you choose to be ignorant of some empirical fact, I'll still make them known to you. Let me remember u that EPL had 4 teams in the quarter finals Last CL season, and even Tottenham who finished 4th and 27points behind league winners Mancity defeated dortmund home and away, a side that finished 2rd in their league with just 2points denying them of the title.
Liverpool took bayern to the cleaners in alianz arena! A flailing arsenal who finished 5th in the "EPL farmers league" last season defeated napoli (2rd in their league) convincingly. We had two Epl teams in uefa and Europa finals..where are the other leagues huh? Moreover I really don't see why you all are having pepper body when there's still a second leg to be played. undecided It isn't over until it is indeed over. #YNWA

There's nothing like pepperbody here. I am apparently stating the obvious. Liverpool might have won the UCL last season but there weren't outstanding all through. They had their highs and lows and that equals playing shitty game against red bull, Napoli and lost to Barcelona at home. They qualified for the knockout stages only by sheer luck and Napoli's decline.

For this season, they have been invisible in the EPL and you guys practically wanted to rub it in our faces that the same could be reciprocated in the UCL, but thank God for ATM and Napoli that helped exposed that they weren't untouchable after all.

You can choose to walk alone but let that be in the EPL, not in the UCL where Champions play.

8 Likes

Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 0) On 18th February 2020 by Teaser4(m): 1:59pm On Feb 19, 2020
shogsman:

the possession disproves all the crap you said.
yes now, the possession won the game for them.... mumu

5 Likes

Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 0) On 18th February 2020 by shogsman(m): 2:04pm On Feb 19, 2020
Teaser4:
yes now, the possession won the game for them.... mumu
If it's not gross stupidity , you should know athletico prides on defense, they got a goal and all of them stayed in defense till 90minutes,Liverpool played them that's why they have more than twice their possession.
Liverpool is the defending champion and the team with the best stats this season by far,so your lame attempt to troll them is not only stupid, it's shows how low your level of intellect is.

1 Like

Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 0) On 18th February 2020 by Teaser4(m): 2:05pm On Feb 19, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

How much did juve suffer on their way to a convincing 3-0 win against athletico?
dundee. juve had Cronaldo, name one exceptional player in your average team...na team work una get, if any club buy any of your players na waste of money... if you get wonder kid like Ealand (Dortmund), that's another exceptional player. Una go suffer for anfield, cos una no go see goal.. klopp and his boys has never played this kind team before, dont worry una go learn....your unbeaten go dey intact cos na 0-0 Una go play

4 Likes

Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 0) On 18th February 2020 by ComradeShegs(m): 3:05pm On Feb 19, 2020
FirstbornWds:

There's nothing like pepperbody here. I am apparently stating the obvious. Liverpool might have won the UCL last season but there weren't outstanding all through. They had their highs and lows and that equals playing shitty game against red bull, Napoli and lost to Barcelona at home. They qualified for the knockout stages only by sheer luck and Napoli's decline.

For this season, they have been invisible in the EPL and you guys practically wanted to rub it in our faces that the same could be reciprocated in the UCL, but thank God for ATM and Napoli that helped exposed that they weren't untouchable after all.

You can choose to walk alone but let that be in the EPL, not in the UCL where Champions play.

Lol...I knew it all along...This is just another unfortunate hater! A joker grin. What u have against Liverpool is personal. So Liverpool winning the Champions League is a luck abi? n being a finalist twice is also luck abi? Ooin..You really need to free yourself from the hate bros, e no dey help. Go ask ur colleagues in the struggle, e no dey pay. All u tend to gain is HBP.
Since you can't reason beyond petty sentiments then there's no point arguing with u any further...see u in the next 3weeks. LIVERPOOL IS DOING WELL. Live with it. **Singing**"Your mate are getting freaky, you decided to be a hater!"

Ooin! undecided grin

Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 0) On 18th February 2020 by AkpaMgbor(m): 3:30pm On Feb 19, 2020
Teaser4:
dundee. juve had Cronaldo, name one exceptional player in your average team...na team work una get, if any club buy any of your players na waste of money... if you get wonder kid like Ealand (Dortmund), that's another exceptional player. Una go suffer for anfield, cos una no go see goal.. klopp and his boys has never played this kind team before, dont worry una go learn....your unbeaten go dey intact cos na 0-0 Una go play
That's how you know rascals with poor upbringing..I didn't insult you but you had to show your crude behaviour online...the exceptional thing about Liverpool has never been their 'exceptional' player or whatever that means..they didn't have it when they overcame prime ac Milan..they didn't have it when they overcame a 3-0 deficit against Barcelona..it is what makes them dangerous in Europe..you can't man mark any player and relax..it was a little known origi that downed barca..they will do it again in anfield..and for your info, I'm not a Liverpool fan..I support arsenal...but even I can feel and taste the bad belle and envy from you manU fans against Liverpool.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 0) On 18th February 2020 by AkpaMgbor(m): 3:36pm On Feb 19, 2020
FirstbornWds:

They also beat the bavarians at alianz arena by sheer luck abi? Who the fvck is napoli? The same one that arsenal beat home and away? You call overturning a 3-0 goal deficit against barca luck? With no penalties?? Guy you are a bloody hater..Liverpool deserve to rub it in your faces after decades of mockery from you manU fans taunting them..they kept quiet and absorbed it all..now you want to deny them their bragging voice in their prime season? Success has a lot of haters and enemies for sure..

1 Like

Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 0) On 18th February 2020 by FirstbornWds: 3:53pm On Feb 19, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

They also beat the bavarians at alianz arena by sheer luck abi? Who the fvck is napoli? The same one that arsenal beat home and away? You call overturning a 3-0 goal deficit against barca luck? With no penalties?? Guy you are a bloody hater..Liverpool deserve to rub it in your faces after decades of mockery from you manU fans taunting them..they kept quiet and absorbed it all..now you want to deny them their bragging voice in their prime season? Success has a lot of haters and enemies for sure..

You probably know how to manipulate things to suit your convenience.

Who said anything about bad luck or winning B. Munich on a thread of opportunity? Do you not know how to read and comprehend?

I was only stating that Liverpool wasn't invincible. I mean, if they could not best out the frustrating means outta a team renowned for their defensive doggedness and lose without registering a shot on goal, I practically will be not less than correct to say they are only galivanting on the mediocrity of other English Teams.

By the way, I am no Manchester United fans. Don't make up conclusions in your head. Be sure of your assertion.

3 Likes

Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 0) On 18th February 2020 by AkpaMgbor(m): 4:03pm On Feb 19, 2020
FirstbornWds:

You probably know how to manipulate things to suit your convenience.

Who said anything about bad luck or winning B. Munich on a thread of opportunity? Do you not know how to read and comprehend?

I was only stating that Liverpool wasn't invincible. I mean, if they could not best out the frustrating means outta a team renowned for their defensive doggedness and lose without registering a shot on goal, I practically will be not less than correct to say they are only galivanting on the mediocrity of other English Teams.

By the way, I am no Manchester United fans. Don't make up conclusions in your head. Be sure of your assertion.
Which team is truly invincible? Madrid in their title winning runs always had shaky group matches and stepped into next gear when push comes to shove...not even prime barca were invincible..even the best teams lose from time to time..you all just made this one loss seem like the end of the world for Liverpool..when this same athletico team lost woefully in a return leg against juve. You will say juve had Ronaldo..but that wasn't enough to carry them through ajax...who by the way lost to Tottenham who lost to Liverpool..if football is mathematics then I can say Liverpool is >Tottenham >ajax>juventus >athletico Madrid...but we know that's not how it works..anfield is were dreams are killed.

1 Like

Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 0) On 18th February 2020 by FirstbornWds: 4:09pm On Feb 19, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

Which team is truly invincible? Madrid in their title winning runs always had shaky group matches and stepped into next gear when push comes to shove...not even prime barca were invincible..even the best teams lose from time to time..you all just made this one loss seem like the end of the world for Liverpool..when this same athletico team lost woefully in a return leg against juve. You will say juve had Ronaldo..but that wasn't enough to carry them through ajax...who by the way lost to Tottenham who lost to Liverpool..if football is mathematics then I can say Liverpool is >Tottenham >ajax>juventus >athletico Madrid...but we know that's not how it works..anfield is were dreams are killed.

You're beginning to grasp my verdict.

But you still are arguing on the same thread of confusion.

I was focused more on the inability of Liverpool to register a shot on goal. Not basically because of their playing style.

On a lighter note, you can read the quoted comment i was hammering on to get a full grasp of my disposition.
Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 0) On 18th February 2020 by EbukaHades10(m): 4:23pm On Feb 19, 2020
kamikaz1:

U obviously don't know athletico madrid.

I am a Barca fan..Barca defence allows you to score and they hope on strikers..

BUT

Athletico Madrid will let you suffer before u get half goal talkless of one goal.

I predict a draw now that they have Costa back.
I don't know Atletico Madrid ? The mistake was allowing them score first, after that, what did they do again?

Even if the game had ended in a draw, u lots will still troll Liverpool so it is futile, prolonging the issue

2 Likes

Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 0) On 18th February 2020 by Kingkezie: 4:41pm On Feb 19, 2020
andrewbaba44:

No one saw psg beating Madrid ?

Are you kidding me ? You think this is Madrid of cr7 era abi ?

Psg is a better team than Madrid ,no good football analysis will be surprised by them beating Madrid

STFU
you just analyze what your brains thinks for you, and whatever would happen would.
I HOPE GOOD FOOTBALL ANALYSTS LIKE YOU ANALYZED LI VARPOOL COMEBACK AGAINST BARCA LAST SEASON
Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 0) On 18th February 2020 by Teaser4(m): 5:08pm On Feb 19, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

That's how you know rascals with poor upbringing..I didn't insult you but you had to show your crude behaviour online...the exceptional thing about Liverpool has never been their 'exceptional' player or whatever that means..they didn't have it when they overcame prime ac Milan..they didn't have it when they overcame a 3-0 deficit against Barcelona..it is what makes them dangerous in Europe..you can't man mark any player and relax..it was a little known origi that downed barca..they will do it again in anfield..and for your info, I'm not a Liverpool fan..I support arsenal...but even I can feel and taste the bad belle and envy from you manU fans against Liverpool.
hello son... "Dundee" no be insult...if I wan insult you go know...I don't do insult nor online banters...if you think say Dundee na insult, then you need to have your head checked son... I don't wanna know who you are, but one thing is certain we no be mates in anyway...so carry your sorry ass and crawl back into your hole....

PS: don't bother to mention me, you'll be ignored
Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 0) On 18th February 2020 by Dollywood(m): 5:34pm On Feb 19, 2020
IamD18:

Liverpool Ucl Final appearances is more than Laliga top10 in the past 2 years.

2years? What kinda analysis is this? You're deluded asf.
Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 0) On 18th February 2020 by Dollywood(m): 5:38pm On Feb 19, 2020
IamD18:

Even with your Barcelona and Treble, You still don't have UCL trophies than Liverpool.

But they're still the 2nd team of the century with the most the trophies in history of football.
Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 0) On 18th February 2020 by Dollywood(m): 5:40pm On Feb 19, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

Who told you Madrid fans didn't make some noise? You nairaland football analyst are way too biased abeg. Soon you will say barca no dey make noise.

I said Madrid fans never make noise as much as the Liv fans, those guys are soo irritating.
Go to Facebook football pages, you'll feel like killing them
Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 0) On 18th February 2020 by Nonsensetalk: 5:46pm On Feb 19, 2020
EbukaHades10:
I don't know Atletico Madrid ? The mistake was allowing them score first, after that, what did they do again?

Even if the game had ended in a draw, u lots will still troll Liverpool so it is futile, prolonging the issue
They did notin .. But Liverpool dat did sometin did Not see a shot on target
Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 0) On 18th February 2020 by AkpaMgbor(m): 5:57pm On Feb 19, 2020
Dollywood:

I said Madrid fans never make noise as much as the Liv fans, those guys are soo irritating.
It's a deserved noise...they were mocked for years and they took it silently..now that the club is doing well allow them bask in their glory! You can't make jest at someone for being a failure and still tell them how to act when success comes their way!

1 Like

Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 0) On 18th February 2020 by EbukaHades10(m): 6:16pm On Feb 19, 2020
Nonsensetalk:

They did notin .. But Liverpool dat did sometin did Not see a shot on target
Not for lack of effort
Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 0) On 18th February 2020 by supercase1(m): 6:56pm On Feb 19, 2020
Theboss100:
Mehn those people are even comfortable with goaless draw. They can defend for la liga. But it will be over at the theatre of dreams "ANFIELD" I SAID SO.
One behalf of my fellow arsenal fans I boldly tell you"Liverpool don comot" grin grin I go quote u after the 2nd leg match to remind you of my prophesy grin grin grin
Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 0) On 18th February 2020 by Theboss100(m): 8:23pm On Feb 19, 2020
supercase1:

One behalf of my fellow arsenal fans I boldly tell you"Liverpool don comot" grin grin I go quote u after the 2nd leg match to remind you of my prophesy grin grin grin
Are u ready to bet ur left ball? ATM Wil regret why they came to ANFIELD
Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 0) On 18th February 2020 by FirstbornWds: 8:32pm On Feb 19, 2020
ComradeShegs:

Lol...I knew it all along...This is just another unfortunate hater! A joker grin. What u have against Liverpool is personal. So Liverpool winning the Champions League is a luck abi? n being a finalist twice is also luck abi? Ooin..You really need to free yourself from the hate bros, e no dey help. Go ask ur colleagues in the struggle, e no dey pay. All u tend to gain is HBP.
Since you can't reason beyond petty sentiments then there's no point arguing with u any further...see u in the next 3weeks. LIVERPOOL IS DOING WELL. Live with it. **Singing**"Your mate are getting freaky, you decided to be a hater!"

Ooin! undecided grin

You're doing well.

Since you couldn't actually see through the post and make out the points in it. There's no need arguing back and forth with you.

Just like you said, Oooin.

Get freaky.
Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 0) On 18th February 2020 by Jokerman(m): 8:36pm On Feb 19, 2020
Dollywood:

But they're still the 2nd team of the century with the most the trophies in history of football.

Copa Del Rey trophies?
Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 0) On 18th February 2020 by ComradeShegs(m): 9:15pm On Feb 19, 2020
FirstbornWds:

You're doing well.

Since you couldn't actually see through the post and make out the points in it. There's no need arguing back and forth with you.

Just like you said, Oooin.

Get freaky.

Say na Point.grin

Ooin
Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 0) On 18th February 2020 by Dollywood(m): 11:29pm On Feb 19, 2020
Jokerman:

Copa Del Rey trophies?

Ain't 'em trophies?
Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 0) On 18th February 2020 by Dollywood(m): 11:33pm On Feb 19, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

It's a deserved noise...they were mocked for years and they took it silently..now that the club is doing well allow them bask in their glory! You can't make jest at someone for being a failure and still tell them how to act when success comes their way!

Dude, The true Liverpool fan base are small not even up to Arsenal and Chelsea, those ones on Facebook you see today are glory hunters who started supporting Liverpool since 2019, and they're the ones that make the most noise, to be honest I love the atmosphere of Anfield, the fans passionate noises and so on, the club is good but their fans are saucy.
Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 0) On 18th February 2020 by 21cents: 11:28am On Feb 20, 2020
Dollywood:

pls allow everyone to make noise abeg. it's what makes football more interesting.

so you mean they don't deserve to make noise after a 3decade trophyless hiatus and the England club with most UCL?

arsenal fans don't make noise with their unbeaten record?

Barca fans don't make noise with Messi's football prowess?

even Man UTD fans wan deafen my ears as the club with most EPLs and you're here saying what I don't understand.

pls sit down!!

1 Like

Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 0) On 18th February 2020 by osamz007: 10:59am On Feb 20, 2021
ojaysam25:
How I wish my darling Chelsea was as good as Liverpool....everyone is addicted to success...
Now I find myself shouting YNWA instead of THE BLUES FOR LIFE....
Anyway as for this match even if athletico wins 3-0 they would still have a 50-50 chance of qualifying....cuz there at anfield is were teams are slaughtered....

shey na abbatoir ni

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Villareal Vs Liverpool UCL (2 - 3) On 3rd May 2022 / Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 31st October 2015 / Barcelona Vs Real Madrid: El Clasico (1 - 2) On 2nd April 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.