Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,925 members, 7,852,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:52 PM

Kaduna Gov Ill, Flown Abroad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna Gov Ill, Flown Abroad (1306 Views)

We Are Shock That Kaduna Gov. Has Stop Feeding Muslim In Ramadan - Sheikh / Buhari Falls Sick Again, Secretely Flown Abroad Yesterday Midnight / Buhari Flown Abroad For Prostate Cancer Checkup - The Herald (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaduna Gov Ill, Flown Abroad by AloyEmeka5: 4:31am On Dec 13, 2010
[size=14pt]Kaduna Gov ill, flown abroad [/size]
•He doesn’t have cancer – Aide
From ISMAIL OMIPIDAN, Kaduna
Sunday, December 12, 2010

•Yakowa

There has been palpable tension in the camp of Kaduna State Governor, Patrick Ibrahim Yakowa, in the last one week over the true position of his health, Sunday Sun can authoritatively reveal.
He has already been flown abroad for medical treatment.

Although it was not the first time he was travelling abroad for an undisclosed purpose since he became governor about six months ago, this latest trip, which he embarked on about 12 days ago, appears to be causing ripples in Kaduna, with some of his supporters alleging that the governor may be suffering from food poisoning.

However, Sunday Sun learnt that the governor may be suffering from prostate cancer, an ailment he was diagnosed with before he became Kaduna governor.

An impeccable source in the state government confided in Sunday Sun that “the sickness did not start today. I will not reveal where he has gone abroad for security reasons, but contrary to what you are saying and what people are saying, the man was never poisoned by anybody.
“The man is suffering from prostate cancer, and this thing is not new. He has been having it and he has been managing it well, but a lot of people did not know. So please do not bring up any political issue here. It will not affect his governorship ambition.

“I agree with you, he is a public officer. But I think the man deserves some privacy. It is not for you to be prying into his private affair, because I see all these as part of his private affair,” the source volunteered.
However, one of the governor’s senior aides, who also spoke in confidence, queried when Sunday Sun sought his clarification: “Who told you that? It is not true. You know we just finished our local government tour, and because of the stress, the man just decided to travel abroad to have some rest. It has nothing to do with any ill-health, I can assure you,” the aide insisted.

By last Wednesday, it was exactly one week since Yakowa, 62, jetted out of the country. According to one of his aides, he was expected back last Thursday. But as at the time of filing this report, the governor was yet to return. Another text was sent to another aide of the governor to ascertain when he was returning to the country, but the aide did not respond up till the time of filing this report.

A, B, C OF PROSTATE CANCER
Prostate cancer, according Wikipedia, the free encyclopaedia on the Internet, is a form of cancer that develops in the male reproductive system. It is a type of cancer that grows slowly but could spread from the reproductive system to other parts of the body, particularly the bones and lymph nodes.

It further reveals that prostate cancers could cause pain, difficulty in urinating and problems during sexual intercourse, adding that other symptoms could potentially develop during the later stages of the diseases.
Rates of detection of these cancers vary across the world, but they tend to develop in men over the age of 50, adding that, “although it is one of the most prevalent types of cancer in men, many never have symptoms, undergo no therapy, and eventually die of other causes.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2010/dec/12/newsbreak-12-12-2010-001.htm

This is because cancer of the prostate is, in most cases, slow-growing, symptom-free, and since men with the condition are older they often die of causes unrelated to the prostate cancer, such as heart/circulatory disease, pneumonia, other unconnected cancers, or old age. About 2/3 of cases are slow growing, the other third more aggressive and fast developing.”

Although many factors have been identified as causes of prostate cancer, Sunday Sun learnt that the most common of them all is genetics and diet.
Re: Kaduna Gov Ill, Flown Abroad by AloyEmeka5: 4:32am On Dec 13, 2010
First Christian governor of Kaduna state battling cancer. May God heal him in Jesus name, AMEN.
Re: Kaduna Gov Ill, Flown Abroad by chyz(m): 4:35am On Dec 13, 2010
I guess the Sufis got to him. sad
Re: Kaduna Gov Ill, Flown Abroad by Kobojunkie: 4:49am On Dec 13, 2010
Flown Abroad . . . Another Yar adua case? WOOHOO!!

Has this man been working hard at at least developing the healthcare sector in Kaduna so that other cancer sufferers who are incapable of flying themselves abroad, will have access to quality healthcare such as that which he is willing to avail himself?
Re: Kaduna Gov Ill, Flown Abroad by AloyEmeka5: 4:52am On Dec 13, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Flown Abroad . . . Another Yar adua case. WOOHOO!!

Its very bad to laugh at someone because he/she is sick. This man is battling prostate cancer and the least you can do is to ask the same God who gave you health free of charge to do the same for him.
Re: Kaduna Gov Ill, Flown Abroad by Kobojunkie: 4:53am On Dec 13, 2010
Sigh!

Flown Abroad . . . Another Yar adua case? WOOHOO!!

Has this man been working hard at at least developing the healthcare sector in Kaduna so that other cancer sufferers who are incapable of flying themselves abroad, will have access to quality healthcare such as that which he is willing to avail himself?
Re: Kaduna Gov Ill, Flown Abroad by Nobody: 5:01am On Dec 13, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

[size=14pt]Kaduna Gov ill, flown abroad [/size]
•He doesn’t have cancer – Aide
From ISMAIL OMIPIDAN, Kaduna
Sunday, December 12, 2010

•Yakowa

There has been palpable tension in the camp of Kaduna State Governor, Patrick Ibrahim Yakowa, in the last one week over the true position of his health, Sunday Sun can authoritatively reveal.
He has already been flown abroad for medical treatment.

Although it was not the first time he was travelling abroad for an undisclosed purpose since he became governor about six months ago, this latest trip, which he embarked on about 12 days ago, appears to be causing ripples in Kaduna, with some of his supporters alleging that the governor may be suffering from food poisoning.

However, Sunday Sun learnt that the governor may be suffering from prostate cancer, an ailment he was diagnosed with before he became Kaduna governor.

An impeccable source in the state government confided in Sunday Sun that “the sickness did not start today. I will not reveal where he has gone abroad for security reasons, but contrary to what you are saying and what people are saying, the man was never poisoned by anybody.
“The man is suffering from prostate cancer, and this thing is not new. He has been having it and he has been managing it well, but a lot of people did not know. So please do not bring up any political issue here. It will not affect his governorship ambition.

“I agree with you, he is a public officer. But I think the man deserves some privacy. It is not for you to be prying into his private affair, because I see all these as part of his private affair,” the source volunteered.
However, one of the governor’s senior aides, who also spoke in confidence, queried when Sunday Sun sought his clarification: “Who told you that? It is not true. You know we just finished our local government tour, and because of the stress, the man just decided to travel abroad to have some rest. It has nothing to do with any ill-health, I can assure you,” the aide insisted.

By last Wednesday, it was exactly one week since Yakowa, 62, jetted out of the country. According to one of his aides, he was expected back last Thursday. But as at the time of filing this report, the governor was yet to return. Another text was sent to another aide of the governor to ascertain when he was returning to the country, but the aide did not respond up till the time of filing this report.

A, B, C OF PROSTATE CANCER
Prostate cancer, according Wikipedia, the free encyclopaedia on the Internet, is a form of cancer that develops in the male reproductive system. It is a type of cancer that grows slowly but could spread from the reproductive system to other parts of the body, particularly the bones and lymph nodes.

It further reveals that[b] prostate cancers could cause pain, difficulty in urinating and problems during sexual intercourse,[/b] adding that other symptoms could potentially develop during the later stages of the diseases.
Rates of detection of these cancers vary across the world, but they tend to develop in men over the age of 50, adding that, “although it is one of the most prevalent types of cancer in men, many never have symptoms, undergo no therapy, and eventually die of other causes.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2010/dec/12/newsbreak-12-12-2010-001.htm

This is because cancer of the prostate is, in most cases, slow-growing, symptom-free, and since men with the condition are older they often die of causes unrelated to the prostate cancer, such as heart/circulatory disease, pneumonia, other unconnected cancers, or old age. About 2/3 of cases are slow growing, the other third more aggressive and fast developing.”

Although many factors have been identified as causes of prostate cancer, Sunday Sun learnt that the most common of them all is genetics and diet.

All these cancer of a thing scare me at time .Na wao and,I used to think the symptoms here is exclusive to gonorrhea.May God have mercy.
Re: Kaduna Gov Ill, Flown Abroad by Omenani(m): 5:02am On Dec 13, 2010
It is bad, that the man needs to go abroad to get treatment. If the Nigerian federal government actually invested in our social structure, Nigerians who have the means would not have to abroad to get treatment. Sadly, the Nigerian gov't does have the right people in office.
Re: Kaduna Gov Ill, Flown Abroad by strangerf: 5:05am On Dec 13, 2010
~Bluetooth:

All these cancer of a thing scare me at time .Na wao and,I used to think the symptoms here is exclusive to gonorrhea.May God have mercy.

You are right, but with gono there are other symptoms

The Prostate gland surrounds the urethra, so any swelling from a tumor impingining on the urethra causes the individual to experience pain with urination, and since the spermatozoa also passes through the urethra (remember the urinogenital system), there is pain as well during sexual intercourse.
Re: Kaduna Gov Ill, Flown Abroad by Blazay(m): 5:08am On Dec 13, 2010
Oh, well.
Maybe Nigerians will get tired of being flown back in caskets and build decent hospitals in their home states.
After embezzling all the public funds possible. . .too bad you do not take one red penny/cent back to your maker.

Pity.

Let God's will be done.
Amen.

Kaduna Gov ill, flown abroad
He doesn’t have cancer – Aide

The man is suffering from prostate cancer, and this thing is not new. He has been having it and he has been managing it well, but a lot of people did not know. So please do not bring up any political issue here. It will not affect his governorship ambition.

"He has been having it"? cheesy

Like a zit I guess. . .

Naija "Yinglish" nor go killu porson o. . .  grin

"He has been having it". . .

Mu he he he he
Re: Kaduna Gov Ill, Flown Abroad by DapoBear(m): 5:15am On Dec 13, 2010
Dude has only been in office 6 months, nobody can say he embezzled funds and starved the healthcare system and thus he is to blame for his illness.

I agree with Aloy, I hope he has a speedy recovery.

@fstranger: Is some sort of cancer hospital beyond the capabilities of doctors in Nigeria? Like, it is too specialized? Or is funding the reason we don't have these things there?
Re: Kaduna Gov Ill, Flown Abroad by Blazay(m): 5:18am On Dec 13, 2010
*Sighs*

Big problem in thinking in one language and expressing oneself in another. LIT(lost in translation)
Re: Kaduna Gov Ill, Flown Abroad by strangerf: 5:21am On Dec 13, 2010
DapoBear:

Dude has only been in office 6 months, nobody can say he embezzled funds and starved the healthcare system and thus he is to blame for his illness.

I agree with Aloy, I hope he has a speedy recovery.

@fstranger: Is some sort of cancer hospital beyond the capabilities of doctors in Nigeria? Like, it is too specialized? Or is funding the reason we don't have these things there?

I wouldnt say it is beyond the capabilities of doctors in Nigeria. For starters, it is difficult to diagnose even here in the states, you have the same symptoms as BPH and the surrogate marker (PSA) used to monitor the cancer Vs. BPH is highly, highly unreliable.

So I think, the problem is mostly funding and the attitude of your typical African. We dont take care of health/not in tune with our body like the rest of the world
Re: Kaduna Gov Ill, Flown Abroad by strangerf: 5:26am On Dec 13, 2010
Blazay:

. .

Naija "Yinglish" nor go killu porson o. . . grin

"He has been having it. . .

So?

Like Ghanians speak better!
Re: Kaduna Gov Ill, Flown Abroad by Nobody: 5:29am On Dec 13, 2010
strangerf:

You are right, but with gono there are other symptoms

The Prostate gland surrounds the urethra, so any swelling from a tumor impingining on the urethra causes the individual to experience pain with urination, and since the spermatozoa also passes through the urethra (remember the urinogenital system), there is pain as well during sexual intercourse.
Honestly,i despise anything that has to do with disease and it really pains me when I hear of people dying of sophisticated illness.
Blazay:

Oh, well.
Maybe Nigerians will get tired of being flown back in caskets and build decent hospitals in their home states.
After embezzling all the public funds possible. . .too bad you do not take one red penny/cent back to your maker.

Pity.

Let God's will be done.
Amen.

"He has been having it"? cheesy

Like a zit I guess. . .

Naija "Yinglish" nor go killu porson o. . .  grin

"He has been having it. . .

Mu he he he he

what has corruption got to with being sick ? If you think only the rich should be because they cheated others to have money,then you should ask God why Haitians are suffering from cholera despite the earthquake and the torrential rainful afterwards.
Re: Kaduna Gov Ill, Flown Abroad by DapoBear(m): 5:30am On Dec 13, 2010
strangerf:

I wouldnt say it is beyond the capabilities of doctors in Nigeria. For starters, it is difficult to diagnose even here in the states, you have the same symptoms as BPH and the surrogate marker (PSA) used to monitor the cancer Vs. BPH is highly, highly unreliable.

So I think, the problem is mostly funding and the attitude of your typical African. We dont take care of health/not in tune with our body like the rest of the world
I see, thanks.
Re: Kaduna Gov Ill, Flown Abroad by edoyad(m): 8:25am On Dec 13, 2010
i'v not been in a kd for a while so can't confirm, but i'm still skeptical bout the whole story though.
Re: Kaduna Gov Ill, Flown Abroad by xoxogg(f): 9:41am On Dec 13, 2010
The dreaded cancer @ it again, pray he survives it, i wonder if he'll still contest for 2nd term though.
Re: Kaduna Gov Ill, Flown Abroad by homerac7: 10:05am On Dec 13, 2010
I know several people who had prostrate cancer and received treatment from local doctors in government hospitals here in Nigeria. Most of them r surviving well wt it. D bad cases r few and wld only get slight difference if they were treated abroad. Actually my father is a survivor and he got his treatment locally in a government hospital. His case made me to knw about several others'.
Re: Kaduna Gov Ill, Flown Abroad by 9ijaMan: 10:07am On Dec 13, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

First Christian governor of Kaduna state battling cancer. May God heal him in Jesus name, AMEN.
So if he were not a xtian God should not heal him? This is one of the biggest problems we have in the country. We are more concerned with and interested in the faith and ethnicity of our leaders than their performance in governance. The more reason why development may remain as a mirage to us! I weep for my nation!
Re: Kaduna Gov Ill, Flown Abroad by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 13, 2010
9ijaMan:

So if he were not a xtian God should not heal him? This is one of the biggest problems we have in the country. We are more concerned with and interested in the faith and ethnicity of our leaders than their performance in governance. The more reason why development may remain as a mirage to us! I weep for my nation!
That is Naija for you.the more you look,the less you see !
Re: Kaduna Gov Ill, Flown Abroad by AloyEmeka5: 12:10pm On Dec 13, 2010
9ijaMan:

I didn't say that, did I?
Re: Kaduna Gov Ill, Flown Abroad by Pukkah: 1:36pm On Dec 13, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

The first or second Christian, Muslim, or atheist Governor of anywhere is as ordinary as any human being, regardless of his religious leaning. Isn't he?
Re: Kaduna Gov Ill, Flown Abroad by Blazay(m): 3:53pm On Dec 13, 2010
strangerf:

So?

Like Ghanians speak better!

Oh? I am no longer an Aboki.
I am no longer Yoruba.
I am no longer from the South-South.
I am no longer Edo.
I am now a Ghananian? grin

Frankly sir. . . you have been having this your kolomentum for a while now.
When is this 'your' period gonna be over huh?

You have been having it. . . . cheesy
May you keep 'having it'. . . !!!
Kei! I bow for Ekiti Yinglish o.

~Bluetooth:

Honestly,i despise anything that has to do with disease and it really pains me when I hear of people dying of sophisticated illness.

what has corruption got to with being sick ? If you think only the rich should be because they cheated others to have money,then you should ask God why Haitians are suffering from cholera despite the earthquake and the torrential rainful afterwards.

Who is rejoicing about disease and death?
How can any sane person rejoice at death and illness when tomorrow is promised to no one including "us" as we write all these? undecided
Can you read at all? Or do you fail to see how the selfish actions of a few affect the overall wellbeing of the whole especially in places like Nigeria?
OBJ's wife died in Spaiin. . . it did not move him.
IBB's wife died in the US. . . it did not move him.
Oshiomole's wife just died in Edo state. . . still not a word about health care reforms in Nigeria.

Or did you have "weed" for breakfast and lunch? undecided

Furthermore, are you not a "Christian"? Please, read thy Bible.

For the ways of man are inherently wicked. . .and the lord shall visit them with pestilence. cool
With the case of Haiti. . . it is a gross punishment for their wickedness. Read your Bible I say.
God really loves Nigeria and Nigerians I swear. Thank God he did not make me God.

Nnaa mheeen. . . .I for don level the place tey tey. I won't spare a thing. . . including Papa Adeboye.
Re: Kaduna Gov Ill, Flown Abroad by strangerf: 4:03pm On Dec 13, 2010
Blazay:

Oh? I am no longer an Aboki.
I am no linger from the South-South.
I am now a Ghananian? grin

Sorry
Ghanians dont call themselves Ghananians

So I think you may actually be Yoruba or a SSoutherner

Since you hate Yoruba and your typed Yoruba, atleast the ones I have seen so far, seems really bad, its possible you are from the SS.

Anyway, say hi to 'Z' for me.

But why would you marry a muslim?
Re: Kaduna Gov Ill, Flown Abroad by Blazay(m): 4:16pm On Dec 13, 2010
strangerf:

Sorry
Ghanians dont call themselves Ghananians

Okay. cheesy

So I think you may actually be Yoruba or a SSoutherner

Okay.

Since you hate Yoruba and your typed Yoruba, atleast the ones I have seen so far, seems really bad, its possible you are from the SS.

[size=16pt]Awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas!!![/size]

cheesy cheesy cheesy

They seems really bad eh? Just like your Ekiti Yinglish huh? grin

Errrrm, . . . e ku gba Christmas.

Anyway, say hi to 'Z' for me.
From my bed of course. wink

But why would you marry a muslim?

Where did you get that?

Anyway. . . keep fishing. More baits of worm to come.
Thanks for your attention.
Re: Kaduna Gov Ill, Flown Abroad by Kobojunkie: 4:23pm On Dec 13, 2010
9ijaMan:

It is despicable that we are still not learning our lessons in that country.
Re: Kaduna Gov Ill, Flown Abroad by AloyEmeka5: 10:30pm On Dec 13, 2010
Pukkah:

The first or second Christian, Muslim, or atheist Governor of anywhere is as ordinary as any human being, regardless of his religious leaning. Isn't he?

A governor is not ordinary, hommie.   
Re: Kaduna Gov Ill, Flown Abroad by DisGuy: 11:31pm On Dec 13, 2010
[size=24pt]I am not ill, says Yakowa[/size]

Kaduna State Governor Patrick Yakowa yesterday refuted reports published by a national daily that he was flown abroad for medical treatment, with emphasis that he had been away for 12 days.
A statement by Yakowa’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity Reuben Buhari said: “It has come to the attention of the governor that certain people are deliberately and maliciously spreading unsubstantiated rumours about the state of his health.
“Even though such rumuors are detestably possible in an election year, where desperate politicians are concocting anything and conscripting anyone to score cheap points, the unguarded outburst from the Sunday Sun Newspaper of December 12, 2010, is a clear example of unethical journalism.
“Basing on an “impeccable source” the newspaper alleged that Yakowa was flown abroad for medical treatment, adding that he had been away for 12 days. Simple verification would have shown the newspaper and the sponsor(s) of such story that the governor, after a grueling three-week Local Government tour, travelled on December 3, not flown out, and returned on the 9th. He was away for just six days.
“He is back and not still outside Nigeria as the sponsors of the story alleged.
On Friday, he was in Zaria with Vice-President Namadi Sambo, and they paid condolence visits to several figures within the Zazzau emirate.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/21501.html
Re: Kaduna Gov Ill, Flown Abroad by DisGuy: 11:32pm On Dec 13, 2010
the hausas are trying to get rid of him shocked
Re: Kaduna Gov Ill, Flown Abroad by Pukkah: 2:58pm On Dec 14, 2010
Dis Guy:

the hausas are trying to get rid of him shocked

The Hausas are trying to get rid of him through cancer? shocked
Re: Kaduna Gov Ill, Flown Abroad by DisGuy: 8:31am On Dec 15, 2010
No duhhhh they are trying to undermine him- the usual tag will be ANOTHER YAR'ADUA' bla bla bla
inactive governor, any foreign(local) trip will be misinterpreted as a medical treatment

remember they almost didn't want him to take over when sambo left citing some religious mumbo jumbo

(1) (Reply)

Could It Be Said That Dele Giwa Died Beacause Of Playing Dubious Double-agent? / Help! Help! Help! / Is Lagos Still Working? Fashola Struggles To Sustain Tempo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.