Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,595 members, 7,830,819 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 (88963 Views)

GRV Praises David Hundenyin, Colonel Ojukwu, And Others / "Why Buhari Sacked Winifred Oyo-Ita As Head Of Civil Service" - Reno Omokri / Buhari Sacks Winifred Oyo-Ita, Appoints Folashade Yemi-Esan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Dkyz(m): 9:42pm On Mar 06, 2020
PapaBaby:
Legend

King
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:13pm On Mar 06, 2020
Farki:

But wait if I'm correct Nzeogwu later joined the Biafran army after being released from prison? If so why fight for the same people who betrayed him?

No where to go. His coup led to the death the most respected Hausa people, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa and Ahmadu Bello. Nzeogwu was a soldier and had to keep fighting.

Despite him not sharing the ideas of Ojukwu, he still had a room to continue with the Biafrans as a soldier.

There was no room at all in the Nigerian army but the Biafran understaffed of high quality soldiers could use Nzeogwu's expertise. That was why he fought with them against his wishes.
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by gidgiddy: 11:16pm On Mar 06, 2020
FrLukas:

Well, hello!

News flash for you.

You still don't have the freedom you lost millions of lives for and you are still stuck in Nigeria.

Do you know the most painful part of it all?

You went right back to hobnobbing with the same Hausa/Fulanis that massacred you.

Promptly, you rejected Ojukwu at the polls and voted for Shagari, a Fulani man while you were contented to be his sidekick.

That was a pretty quick recovery from the war, right?

Millions of souls lost just so you could go back to becoming the sidekick of the Fulanis.

No. The war was a mistake. It shouldn't have happened if Ojukwu had listened to the great sage, Chief Awolowo.

Here we are today, no better than before the war.

As I said before, Igbos felt that it was better to fight for freedom, no matter the cost, than to become willing slaves without a fight. Nothing is guaranteed in life, all you do is give it your all and hope for the best.

It is only someone who does not have slave mentality that will understand what I'm talking about.

When all others were bowing to their Northern slave masters, Ojukwu was declaring the independence of his people

When others like Awolowo and Ehahoro were rushing to serve Gowon, who was young enough to be their son, Ojukwu was rallying his people to fight for their dignity

When all others chose the easy way out of embracing slavery to the North, Ojukwu chose the more difficult option of fighting for the freedom of his people

Had Ojukwu wanted, he could have taken his fathers enormous wealth, bought a Castle anywhere in the world and spent the rest of his life drinking champagne, not caring what happens in Nigeria

Had Ojukwu wanted, he could have gone to Aburi to negotiate for him self a top position in Gowons government

But rather than bow, he stood and fought like a man and his people backed him all the way.

Today, Ojukwu has been vindicated. The Nigeria he fought to free his people from has become poverty capital of the world, centre of terrorism in Africa and an all round failure in every respect

Im proud of Ojukwu for fighting for our freedom despite all we lost, he was a true freedom fighter.

4 Likes

Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:23pm On Mar 06, 2020
Farki:

But wait if I'm correct Nzeogwu later joined the Biafran army after being released from prison? If so why fight for the same people who betrayed him?

“I knew Nzeogwu as an army officer. To say the sort of man he was could be misleading, but I think that most of the time one must realize he was more of a Northerner than an Igbo man. His name was Kaduna; it wasn’t a nickname. Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu. He was born and bred in the North. He spoke Hausa better than majority of the Northerners. He was a good officer and thought that the politicians were not doing well. He believed in One Nigeria so thoroughly that you were safer as a Northerner with him than an Igbo man. Only a few times he came to my office; I am a senior officer to him anyway. He respected everybody. And during the war he never fought for Biafra at all. He fought against the North but not for Biafra. When the war started, he was in jail. Then he was released. He didn’t join the Biafran army; what he did was that he just formed a group of guerrillas and went to the war front, ambushed and attacked enemy patrols and movements. He worked independent of the Biafran army, and civilians, university graduates, joined his team. On one occasion, they laid an ambush, and the enemy, aware of it, surrounded and killed most of them.”

The report that got to Madiebo at the Army Headquarters was that Nzeogwu was wounded and that the enemy had taken him down to Nsukka where they identified him. At the time, Major Kaduna Nzeogwu was the most wanted person in Nigeria for killing the Sardauna, the premier, during the coup of January, 1966. There were different accounts of what happened to Nzeogwu, the captive. Some quarters proclaimed that he died at the rear. Others said he was taken from the rear to Kaduna, still alive, and that it was in the town that he was killed.

“Whether he died at Nsukka or in Kaduna, his corpse was brought to Kaduna and the people were celebrating a public funeral and everybody wanted to come and see who killed the Sardauna. But he never fought in Biafra one day under the Biafran army, that is the gospel truth. He was just fighting for One Nigeria. He fought Ironsi. He fought Gowon; he felt that Gowon wasn’t the rightful Head of State. He thought Gowon’s reign was a coup, too, so he was fighting it. He died fighting, not for Biafra; he just happened to be on the Biafran side.”

https://qmarker.com/the-story-of-biafra-as-told-by-one-of-ojukwus-generals-alexander-madiebo/
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:47pm On Mar 06, 2020
Since you refuse to go to the conference table to negotiate for peace, since you prefer that the civil war should end on the battle field and not on the conference table; since you said that the sovereignty of Biafra is not negotiable, I am afraid I cannot continue as a peace envoy because you have destroyed all the vestiges of any optimism for peace... Nnamdi Azikiwe to Ojukwu.
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by PHijo(m): 11:49pm On Mar 06, 2020
XANDERBOY85:

You’re an unmatched idiat!

You want to heap the mess you bigoted scumbags wrought on this shithole of a country on Ndigbo that last held power at the centre in 1966!? You no well!

The minorities would have been slaves to whom, and in what way!? Didn’t Ojukwu declare secession after meeting with all the ethnicities of the then Eastern Region!? I suppose said ‘minorities’ are free today and not slaves to ‘one Nigeria’ that you schmucks convinced them was a better option!? They control their resources; have pollution-free waters; have a equal shot at being president of their country....and can do two terms in office without being railroaded out of office; and have cities, seaports and airports equal in status with say Lagos and Abuja!?

What was the nature of this Adaka Boro secession you keep on yapping about!? Which ethnicities were consulted and part of the bid!? Was Ironsi acting in behalf of Igbos or ‘one Nigeria’!? By you mentioning the Boro secession bid, are you now in support of it, or is this just looking for a way to blame Ndigbo for something!?

Your homework is to go and read up on the Ahiara declaration to find out the kind of egalitarian society Biafra was poised to become!

I don't remember chatting with you. I would have ignored your stupid rants but doing that will be misconstrued.

Ask your fathers/grandfathers why Igbo people sent other children out of public schools.

The fact that the NdiIgbo are suffering some of the things the "so-called minorities " suffered under their oppressive rule is a victory.

The fact you don't know about Nigeria's first secessionist movement by Adaka Boro tells that the complexities of Nigeria's contemporary issues and her history are beyond you.

If Ironsi was acting on behalf of 'one Nigeria ' he couldn't have had issues with every other ethnic nation except his Igbo ethnic nation.
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:51pm On Mar 06, 2020
In another confidential document cabled to Washington on 12 October, 1967 it was revealed that Ojukwu who had always being suspicious of Major Kaduna Nzeogwu sent him to his death at Nsukka. According to Lieutenant Colonel Abba Kyari the military governor of North Central State, “there is no question that Major Nzeogwu , Ibo leader of 1966 coup in Kaduna, had been a nationalist, not a tribalist, who was acting for the good of all Nigeria.”

He described Nzeogwu as “a victim of Ojukwu” explaining that Nzeogwu, having been falsely informed that Nsukka was in Biafran hands, boldly entered Ubolo-Eke, near Nsukka at night and was killed. Nzeogwu’s corpse was transferred to the north and given full military honours burial but not before Northern soldiers had plucked out his eyes so that he ‘would never see the North again.”

http://biaframemorial.org/why-i-killed-victor-banjo-ifeajuna-and-others-ojukwu/

I felt it. I always suspected Ojukwu had a hand in Nzeogwu’s death.
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:05am On Mar 07, 2020
On trumped up spurious charges, Banjo and the three other men were tried by a kangaroo court (The Nkemena Tribunal) and killed by a firing squad sometime between 22nd and 25th September, 1967.

The trial documents did not show any evidence linking Banjo to any treasonable acts against Ojukwu or the Biafran government. In fact, it took a second military tribunal to convict Banjo because the first tribunal stated that the evidence presented to it was insufficient to prove Banjo’s guilt of plotting a coup.

https://www.nairaland.com/4033482/victor-banjos-children-speak-50

No evidence. Lied and slaughtered the soldiers fighting with him. This Ojukwu eh.
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:06am On Mar 07, 2020
Apparently, while Banjo was looking forward to assisting with the Biafran war in spite of the huge risk and sacrifice involved, Ojukwu was looking for a way of implicating him for sabotage. With friends like that who needs enemies!
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by elmodee7(m): 1:30am On Mar 07, 2020
This is a man who lead 2 million flat head to their deaths.
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by XANDERBOY85: 2:07am On Mar 07, 2020
PHijo:

I don't remember chatting with you. I would have ignored your stupid rants but doing that will be misconstrued.

Ask your fathers/grandfathers why Igbo people sent other children out of public schools.

The fact that the NdiIgbo are suffering some of the things the "so-called minorities " suffered under their oppressive rule is a victory.

The fact you don't know about Nigeria's first secessionist movement by Adaka Boro tells that the complexities of Nigeria's contemporary issues and her history are beyond you.

If Ironsi was acting on behalf of 'one Nigeria ' he couldn't have had issues with every other ethnic nation except his Igbo ethnic nation.

Revisionist twerp, you're waffling and miles away from making any point that remotely sounds like a well-reasoned and factual argument!

Ask my grandad 'why Igbo people sent other children out of public schools'? Dude, WTF are you on about....but more importantly, WTF are you smoking?

I asked you to provide evidence/links to butress your claim the Boro secessionist bid was a pan-NigerDelta affair like the Biafra bid was initially a pan-EasternRegion affair. Show evidence where the Boro secessionists held discussions with the Nigerian state, and on reaching a stalemate then decided secession was the only option left. Show me the ethnicities that were to make up this new Niger-Delta republic Adaka Boro was aiming for and the limits of its territory. Finally, show me the command and control structure and give names of other notable individuals (Ijaw as well as those from the other ethnic grps that made up the Niger-Delta) that were part of this bid.

Like i said earlier, Ironsi was acting on behalf of Nigeria.....Ndigbo didn't send him to go quell anything! Adaka Boro (that schooled in Igboland at some point) didn't have any issue with Ndigbo as a ethnicity, rather he had issue with 'one Nigeria'.....made up of Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa-Fulani, Nupe, etc. If you now want to sell the narrative that Ndigbo as a ethnic group stood in the way of the Boro bid for secession, can you show how specifically; and conversely, can you show how other ethnic groups like say the Yoruba and Fulani supported said bid for secession?

Ironsi didn't 'have Issue' with any ethnic grp....rather it was some ethnic grps that had issues with him arising from how they perceived his handling of the aftermath of the Nzeogwu coup and the coupists. They also had issues with him for being Igbo....and any number of reasons can be adduced for this, depending on which side of the argument you are. Reasons for them 'having issues' with Ironsis' ethnicity include but are not limited to: bigotry, dislike for Igbos, fear of domination by Igbos, perception of Igbos being greedy and power-hungry, inability to compete on a level playing field with Igbos, etc. So, like i said earlier in relation to the Boro bid for secession, Ironsi was acting as a Nigerian and not Igbo, hence any blame for his actions should be directed at the Nigerian state of the time! Leave Ndigbo out of your rant!
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 07, 2020
gidgiddy:

As I said before, Igbos felt that it was better to fight for freedom, no matter the cost, than to become willing slaves without a fight. Nothing is guaranteed in life, all you do is give it your all and hope for the best.

It is only someone who does not have slave mentality that will understand what I'm talking about.

When all others were bowing to their Northern slave masters, Ojukwu was declaring the independence of his people

When others like Awolowo and Ehahoro were rushing to serve Gowon, who was young enough to be their son, Ojukwu was rallying his people to fight for their dignity

When all others chose the easy way out of embracing slavery to the North, Ojukwu chose the more difficult option of fighting for the freedom of his people

Had Ojukwu wanted, he could have taken his fathers enormous wealth, bought a Castle anywhere in the world and spent the rest of his life drinking champagne, not caring what happens in Nigeria

Had Ojukwu wanted, he could have gone to Aburi to negotiate for him self a top position in Gowons government

But rather than bow, he stood and fought like a man and his people backed him all the way.

Today, Ojukwu has been vindicated. The Nigeria he fought to free his people from has become poverty capital of the world, centre of terrorism in Africa and an all round failure in every respect

Im proud of Ojukwu for fighting for our freedom despite all we lost, he was a true freedom fighter.

Why did Ojukwu starve Biafrans despite food supply from Red Cross and Caritas.

Why did Ojukwu run and abandon his people to the mercy of the federal forces when even an American youth, set himself ablaze for the sake of Biafra in NY.

Why did Ojukwu prolong the war even when he saw his people's suffering?

The freedom you fought for, have you gotten it?

You are the ones who consider yourselves as slaves.

Two words you overuse in your vocabulary, slave and coward.

Tells a lot about you as a people.
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by XANDERBOY85: 12:37pm On Mar 07, 2020
FrLukas:

Why did Ojukwu starve Biafrans despite food supply from Red Cross and Caritas.

Why did Ojukwu run and abandon his people to the mercy of the federal forces when even an American youth, set himself ablaze for the sake of Biafra in NY.

Why did Ojukwu prolong the war even when he saw his people's suffering?

The freedom you fought for, have you gotten it?

You are the ones who consider yourselves as slaves.

Two words you overuse in your vocabulary, slave and coward.

Tells a lot about you as a people.

It's easy for a bigoted, Igbo hating busy-body to ask all these dumbass questions with the benefit of hindsight! Had Hitler won the 2nd world war, i'm sure they'd have been revisionist pricks likewise asking silly questions, like why the allied forces did this and that....why did they engage in such apparently dangerous missions like the D-day Normany landings, etc.

Ndigbo/Biafrans do not expect a bigot like you to understand the pains we went through in the events leading up to the Biafra declaration of secession...the frustrations, fears and feelings of having our backs to the wall! Being what you are, we expect you to make light of the entire situation....pick holes in our responses with the benefit of hindsight....and give smug, unsolicited opinions on the matter like, 'Ojukwu should have listened to that two-faced, double-speaking slimeball you call a sage'; 'why did Ojukwu feed his soldiers in a war and 'starve' civillians'.....overlooking the fact it was your gods suggestion to Gowon to mount a food/economic blockade (a war crime) that led to the scarcity of food to begin with; 'why did Ojukwu decide to end the war and go in to exile'....this dumb question comes immediately after the one asking why he 'starved' his people. Of course you had hoped he would have stayed behind for the bloodthirsty and murderous Fulani army and the Nigerian gov't led by Gowon and Awo, to get their hands on him and do to him exactly what they did to thousands of his kinsmen during events leading up to and including the uncivil war!

Ndigbo may consider ourselves caged and under siege in 'one Nigeria', but we don't consider oursleves as slaves! We leave that consideration to bigots like you and your ilk.....who are doing a good job of it, i hasten to add!
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by nku5: 2:33pm On Mar 07, 2020
See fresh boy. I can understand why all the aje kpako officers like Gowon and Co been dey beef the guy. Jealous creatures
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Olanipekun1: 4:02pm On Mar 07, 2020
mercyville:

Truth is bitter.
ok
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 07, 2020
XANDERBOY85:

It's easy for a bigoted, Igbo hating busy-body to ask all these dumbass questions with the benefit of hindsight! Had Hitler won the 2nd world war, i'm sure they'd have been revisionist pricks likewise asking silly questions, like why the allied forces did this and that....why did they engage in such apparently dangerous missions like the D-day Normany landings, etc.

Ndigbo/Biafrans do not expect a bigot like you to understand the pains we went through in the events leading up to the Biafra declaration of secession...the frustrations, fears and feelings of having our backs to the wall! Being what you are, we expect you to make light of the entire situation....pick holes in our responses with the benefit of hindsight....and give smug, unsolicited opinions on the matter like, 'Ojukwu should have listened to that two-faced, double-speaking slimeball you call a sage'; 'why did Ojukwu feed his soldiers in a war and 'starve' civillians'.....overlooking the fact it was your gods suggestion to Gowon to mount a food/economic blockade (a war crime) that led to the scarcity of food to begin with; 'why did Ojukwu decide to end the war and go in to exile'....this dumb question comes immediately after the one asking why he 'starved' his people. Of course you had hoped he would have stayed behind for the bloodthirsty and murderous Fulani army and the Nigerian gov't led by Gowon and Awo, to get their hands on him and do to him exactly what they did to thousands of his kinsmen during events leading up to and including the uncivil war!

Ndigbo may consider ourselves caged and under siege in 'one Nigeria', but we don't consider oursleves as slaves! We leave that consideration to bigots like you and your ilk.....who are doing a good job of it, i hasten to add!

Assignment for you, count the number of times you used the word "bigot" in that your claptrap of a writeup.

that should tell you something of yourself.

only a fool goes to war without planning and then expect the other side to feed it.

i dont expect you to understand that since you are just developing grey matter.

people like you only learn after repeated falls into the same damn hole.

your forefathers suffered catastrophic defeat because of lack of planning.

you, their offspring will still fall into the same hole they fell into because you can't learn from history.

you are talking about Germany, are they making the same mistake their forebears did?

you are comparing yourself with sensible people.

Germans admit their wrongs and the reason for the holocaust. they don't shy away from it. they don't lie to themselves to make themselves feel good.

that's way more than anyone can say for you guys. jumping up and down and following a failure like Nnamdi Kanu shows that you haven't learnt a thing from the failure of your fathers.

Apart from the Biafra war, mention any other war your forefathers ever fought in?

be going about beating your dried and bony chests and be calling others cowards.

when you are spanked hard again, you are free to lie to your children and their own children that it was the Yorubas that pushed you to war.

it shows how thoughtless (Yorubas will say alainironu) you guys are, hailing a man who pushed y'all to destruction and then fled in a jet. only to come back later and contest for the presidency of the nation he wished to scatter.

thoughtless much?

i guess, for you as a people, the only thing that matters is what to eat. after all, after the war, there are more Ibos settled in the North than even in their ancestral home.
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by SundayIgbanke: 4:29pm On Mar 07, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

Assignment for you, count the number of times you used the word "bigot" in that your claptrap of a writeup.

only a fool goes to war without planning and then expect the other side to feed it.

you, their offspring will still fall into the same hole they fell into because you can't learn from history.

you are talking about Germany, are they making the same mistake their forebears did?

Germans admit their wrongs and the reason for the holocaust. they don't shy away from it. they don't lie to themselves to make themselves feel good.

that's way more than anyone can say for you guys. jumping up and down and following a failure like Nnamdi Kanu shows that you haven't learnt a thing from the failure of your fathers.

Apart from the Biafra war, mention any other war your forefathers ever fought in?

be going about beating your dried and bony chests and be calling others cowards.

when you are spanked hard again, you are free to lie to your children and their own children that it was the Yorubas that pushed you to war.

it shows how thoughtless (Yorubas will say alainironu) you guys are, hailing a man who pushed y'all to destruction and then fled in a jet. only to come back later and contest for the presidency of the nation he wished to scatter.

thoughtless much?

i guess, for you as a people, the only thing that matters is what to eat. after all, after the war, there are more Ibos settled in the North than even in their ancestral home.
[/s]
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by XANDERBOY85: 5:11pm On Mar 07, 2020
FrLukas:

Stands to reason that when i'm addressing a disgusting bigot, i call him out for what he is! If you wanna count how many times i correctly label you for the scumbag you are then that's your effing business!

Ndigbo/Biafra did not go to war, you revisionist twerp! It's Nigeria that brought war to Ndigbo/Biafra! The primary function and responsibility of any gov't is to ensure the protection of lives and property of all its citizens! It is on record that Nigeria was incapable or unwilling to do this....even when Ojukwu told Biafrans to return to the north, that assurances had been given that the safety of their lives and properties would be guaranteed by the Nigerian state. Unfortunately, the pogrom continued unabated and, with their backs up against the wall, it was at this stage that Biafra declared secession from Nigeria! It did not happen on a whim or for no reason as you suggest!

You yap on about my forefathers suffering 'catastrophic defeat because of lack of planning'! The only reason Biafra lost the war was due to the help the useless Nigerian forces got from foreign powers and the unwillingness of the int'l community of the time to act in the face of gross human rights abuses and war crimes! You pathetic and shameless arssholes could not face the Biafran army on the battlefield....man-to-man. It's on record that Nigeria suffered more losses on the battlefield than Biafra did, and this is why in frustration, you resorted to targeting innocent none-combatants.....strafing farmlands and (like Adekunle said) just about anything that moved! You got Cameroon to help out with the blockade to ensure int'l assistance meant for the civilian populace couldn't get through. This was the suggestion of Awo to Gowon. The fact that innocent none-combatants would also be targeted didn't bother Awo......'all's fair in love and war' as he said! Like i said, man-to-man, you couldn't defeat the plucky Biafrans, and so you went for plan-B, which was war crimes, human-rights abuse, targeting of the civilian populace and blockade!

Of course Ojukwu made some mistakes and could have worked more on gaining int'l support from the right quarters! This could be blamed on his relative youth and inexperience in governance, diplomacy and int'l affairs.

If faced with the kind of evil experienced in the late 60s, i can tell you for free we (Ndigbo/Biafra) would do the same thing again! This time though the dynamics at play in the 60s are no more obtainable! Be rest assured that any war in Nigeria like the kind witnessed in '67-'70 would sound the death-knell to 'one Nigeria' as we know it, and at the very least, Ndigbo would seperate from the Hausa-Fulani and Yoruba as a consequence!

What wrong do you want Ndigbo to admit when we were not the agressors and instigators like Germany was? Or are you now saying Ndigbo voted overwhelmingly to send Nzeogwu and co to go murder the leaders of other ethnic groups?

Mazi Kanu that came back, looked the devil in the face, and -to all intents and purposes- called him a crazed muthafucker....only escaping to Isreal (one of the most protected territories on planet Earth) when Buhari decided to throw legalistic niceties to the wind and go try to muder this 'thorn in his flesh', is the person you're calling a failure!? The story is still unfolding.....at the end we will know who has failed and who hasn't!
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 07, 2020
[s]
XANDERBOY85:

Stands to reason that when i'm addressing a disgusting bigot, i call him out for what he is! If you wanna count how many times i correctly label you for the scumbag you are then that's your effing business!

Ndigbo/Biafra did not go to war, you revisionist twerp! It's Nigeria that brought war to Ndigbo/Biafra! The primary function and responsibility of any gov't is to ensure the protection of lives and property of all its citizens! It is on record that Nigeria was incapable or unwilling to do this....even when Ojukwu told Biafrans to return to the north, that assurances had been given that the safety of their lives and properties would be guaranteed by the Nigerian state. Unfortunately, the pogrom continued unabated and, with their backs up against the wall, it was at this stage that Biafra declared secession from Nigeria! It did not happen on a whim or for no reason as you suggest!

You yap on about my forefathers suffering 'catastrophic defeat because of lack of planning'! The only reason Biafra lost the war was due to the help the useless Nigerian forces got from foreign powers and the unwillingness of the int'l community of the time to act in the face of gross human rights abuses and war crimes! You pathetic and shameless arssholes could not face the Biafran army on the battlefield....man-to-man. It's on record that Nigeria suffered more losses on the battlefield than Biafra did, and this is why in frustration, you resorted to targeting innocent none-combatants.....strafing farmlands and (like Adekunle said) just about anything that moved! You got Cameroon to help out with the blockade to ensure int'l assistance meant for the civilian populace couldn't get through. This was the suggestion of Awo to Gowon. The fact that innocent none-combatants would also be targeted didn't bother Awo......'all's fair in love and war' as he said! Like i said, man-to-man, you couldn't defeat the plucky Biafrans, and so you went for plan-B, which was war crimes, human-rights abuse, targeting of the civilian populace and blockade!

Of course Ojukwu made some mistakes and could have worked more on gaining int'l support from the right quarters! This could be blamed on his relative youth and inexperience in governance, diplomacy and int'l affairs.

If faced with the kind of evil experienced in the late 60s, i can tell you for free we (Ndigbo/Biafra) would do the same thing again! This time though the dynamics at play in the 60s are no more obtainable! Be rest assured that any war in Nigeria like the kind witnessed in '67-'70 would sound the death-knell to 'one Nigeria' as we know it, and at the very least, Ndigbo would seperate from the Hausa-Fulani and Yoruba as a consequence!

What wrong do you want Ndigbo to admit when we were not the agressors and instigators like Germany was? Or are you now saying Ndigbo voted overwhelmingly to send Nzeogwu and co to go murder the leaders of other ethnic groups?

Mazi Kanu that came back, looked the devil in the face, and -to all intents and purposes- called him a crazed muthafucker....only escaping to Isreal (one of the most protected territories on planet Earth) when Buhari decided to throw legalistic niceties to the wind and go try to muder this 'thorn in his flesh', is the person you're calling a failure!? The story is still unfolding.....at the end we will know who has failed and who hasn't!
[/s]

Wish I had the time to read this... sorry.
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Ikinternational: 5:27pm On Mar 07, 2020
Witcher:
Ojukwu, The Coward Secessionist-

Dimka Odumegwu Ojukwu of Biafra-Biafaa or Bia-Kpara, Ogoni version! With due respect to reasonable Igbos and the public. It isn't proper to rejoice over anyone's death. I'm also not doing so, rather pointing to the man Ojukwu. I hope readers would understand my truth that can be found through history and can't be disproved otherwise.

Ojukwu, who was good in his own right couldn't stand Ken Saro-Wiwa and his truth about Ogoni-saving our people from Biafra and Ojukwu's madness and greed (popularly known as Nigerian-Biafran Civil War, 1967-1970), was the number one coward.

Ojukwu sold Biafra due to his greed for oil and disrespect for Ogonis and other minorities of today's Niger delta. Biafra was mostly harshed due to the presence of Ogoni/Niger delta oil. If it succeeded Ogonis, who were already enslaved by Igbos in Ogoni land will be registered slaves today. Saro-Wiwa saw this and fought against it. Thus his crime at the hands of Ojukwu and other Biafran praise-singers who then sought Saro-Wiwa's head.

Meanwhile, Ojukwu ran away from his people at a critical moment into exile. Millions of innocent Igbos (Ogonis and other minorities also died in numbers at home and Igbo camps) killed while he ran away.

No wonder seasoned Igbos, including late Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe refused to support Ojukwu and his Biafran insanity!

Though Ojukwu returned from Ivory Coast under Shehu Shagari or so. He couldn't have the opportunity to fight to revive Biafra again. This was contrary to the saying: he who fight and run away lives to fight another day.

Saro-Wiwa stood by his people to the end. He's a global hero while Ojukwu is the Igbo coward!

As mentioned inter alia, death is an inevitable end, so not proper to rejoice over the death of others. I'm not rejoicing over Ojukwu's death. Ojukwu's death, however, can't come without the truth about him, unlike the lies he told abroad about Saro-Wiwa and Ogonis. I hope readers may understand.

Because Ojukwu was cheap, greedy, yet with one of the best education but knew nothing to do with it, he's bribed by the Federal government of Nigeria (under Sanni Abacha), sponsored abroad to justify the world's environmental and human rights hero's (Saro-Wiwa) unjust hanging.

The coward in Ojukwu couldn't get away with that trash! He's bathed in rotten eggs; a high profile disgrace given in the West, when he went to London justifying Saro-Wiwa's unjust death of Nov. 10, 1995.

Today, Ojukwu is left to the Igbos of his kind and some Nigerians such as Goodluck Jonathan, who love violence and has already said, according to Sahara Reporters' Nov. 26 report, "Ojukwu's place in Nigerian history is assured."

Anyone still unsure that Jonathan and his Nigerian cabal hate Saro-Wiwa and Ogoni? How shameful to see a country love and honor violence and trash nonviolence and intellectual discussions, arguments for rights (as with Saro-Wiwa and Ogonis) and freedoms to the cutters!

That is the Nigeria run by the so-called majority ethnic groups for you. We can see Boko Haram like Ojukwu's Biafra, in action, supported also by Jonathan and his Hausa counterparts. We can see Jonathan sit and look confused, not sure of what to do with Boko (like he paid off Niger delta militants whose agitation was just, if not their greed and unintellectual approach) begging for help from America.

Finally, is Jonathan, one of the Ojukwu-Biafran violent praise-singer confused about the peaceful Ogonis, their just agitation for political, social and economic justice, ruined environment? No! He and the Federal government is hardened, waiting for a period when news may come that all Ogonis are extinct due to environmental degradation and government, $hell's inaction and stupidity. Shame on Nigeria, because Ogoni, which is older than Nigeria will live to shame the Ojukwus and its Nigerian oppressors!

This "report" reads like asking satan to write about God
Can you say jaded n highly biased..
lol n smh at the same damn time

1 Like

Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by SundayIgbanke: 5:28pm On Mar 07, 2020
FrLukas:
[s]

Wish I had the time to read this... sorry.
[/s]
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Ikinternational: 5:39pm On Mar 07, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
From Wikipedia

One of the coup's prominent targets, Major-General Johnson Aguiyi-Ironsi, caught wind of the plot and escaped capture. He then began to move against the coup conspirators. Ironsi eventually managed to prevent the coup and then took power himself.

Jesus Christ.

From the article above.

General Ironsi then siezed power and appointed Ojukwu Military Governor of the Eastern Region.

You mean Ojukwu was among those that betrayed Nzeogwu for power. Unbelievable.

How can an adult not understand a simple vocabulary word like betrayal?

So if I don't agree to your demands or to partake n later your plan blows up for whatever reason, I betrayed you abi?

That's your understanding of the word huh..GEEzus
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Ikinternational: 5:54pm On Mar 07, 2020
fk002:
I blame that Adeyinka for giving him that advice

OJUKWU

But the said Hero came back years later after the civil war and contested for the seat of President of the same country he fought, while his people that are hailing him now were theseame people that stabbed him on the back by not voting for him.

So you're saying igbos are not tribal?
Thanks for finally admitting(you thought you were being clever)
How long have we been telling you guys this on nairaland..lol

'Others' always get convenient amnesia when it's their turn to support us
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Ikinternational: 6:04pm On Mar 07, 2020
FrLukas:

And when the opportunity to sever ties came, guess who fought for one Nigeria. No, not Lugard. That's right Nnamdi Azikiwe.

Not just one opportunity, but plenty. He thought the Igbos had firm control of Nigeria.

You can blame Lugard all you want, bit you are reaping the karma right now.

If Azikiwe had allowed the secession clause into the constitution, his children wouldn't have fought a war where millions of them died and his children's children's children won't be on Nairaland today screaming for freedom.

Reaping what karma? The presidency? lol
Igbo land is in turmoil abi?
You people just open ya big mouth to talk nonsense

What does the holocaust mean to the average jew today? Not a gotdamn thing! Why? they're too busy running the world!

Don't let that go over ya head
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Ikinternational: 6:16pm On Mar 07, 2020
solmus:
The Greatest Coward ever liveth

It did be worth every penny to see you muster the courage to say this to the man
Hopefully you get your chance in the after life
One can only pray
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 07, 2020
Ikinternational:

Reaping what karma? The presidency? lol
Igbo land is in turmoil abi?
You people just open ya big mouth to talk nonsense

What does the holocaust mean to the average jew today? Not a gotdamn thing! Why? they're too busy running the world!

Don't let that go over ya head

You lack comprehension skills.

Read again to understand what I meant by karma.

I'm sure I didn't mention the presidency in my post.

And please, so comparing yourselves to the Jews.

There's no basis for comparison, 'cept maybe the Shylock part.
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Ikinternational: 9:22pm On Mar 07, 2020
FrLukas:

You lack comprehension skills.

Read again to understand what I meant by karma.

I'm sure I didn't mention the presidency in my post.

And please, so comparing yourselves to the Jews.

There's no basis for comparison, 'cept maybe the Shylock part.

And I'm the one that lack comprehension..lol
Okay sir you did well. Moving on to the next senseless diagnosis

Btw igbos are eager to welcome this karma with open arms. But the thing seems stubbornly stuck in neutral
*shrugs*
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 08, 2020
Ikinternational:

And I'm the one that lack comprehension..lol
Okay sir you did well. Moving on to the next senseless diagnosis

Btw igbos are eager to welcome this karma with open arms. But the thing seems stubbornly stuck in neutral
*shrugs*

OK. Let me educate you since you didn't get it.

You stopped Niger Delta from seceding

Now you are crying for secession yourselves.

That's karma.

Get it?

Do you need me to break it down even further?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Joi Nunieh: I Slapped Akpabio For Sexually Harassing Me / Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria / Emeka Ihedioha & Hope Uzodinma Throw A Party After Ending Okorocha's Dynasty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.