Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,955 members, 7,824,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. (27256 Views)

Funeral Mass For The Victims Of The St Francis Catholic Church, Owo Holds Today / Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. / Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. by Mizwisdom(f): 6:49am On Mar 22, 2020
oluwaseyi000:

You mean none of those that have died from Corona believe and serve the true God hence they get bitterness and death

Why don't you get lost?
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. by Mizwisdom(f): 6:52am On Mar 22, 2020
Odogu9195:
It seems all eyes are on science for a solution to the COVID-19 virus and not GOD.
People slowly realizing that real problems can’t be solved by imaginary solutions.

Science created the deadly virus to cash out from it. Science has been creating deadly viruses to kill people for monetary gains and power. Science KILLS
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. by ThinkFreely: 6:54am On Mar 22, 2020
sauuron:
the Catholic Church does not perform miracles.
mean the ones in the Bible.
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. by Nobody: 7:19am On Mar 22, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Why don't you get lost?

Why don't you answer the simple damn question, you don't need to run away

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. by Nobody: 7:23am On Mar 22, 2020
mrkings84:

The problem was brought by science, so the solution should be brought by science too... Don't try to insult God.

Anyways, me and my household are covered by the blood of Jesus!

Leave the faith of humanity in the hands of folks like you and humanity would go extinct in the next 100 years

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. by orunto27: 7:40am On Mar 22, 2020
Pope Francis orders it.
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. by TeemahLily: 7:48am On Mar 22, 2020
TeemahLily:
Finally, everyone don turn "Pagan" !
Second collection, harvest collection, church renovation collection don finally cast!

Abeg make we sing entrance hymn 24 jare...

Corona virus sef cheesy

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. by Izigha(m): 7:55am On Mar 22, 2020
SultanOfPuna:
Even a Whole POPE can't save Italy
With His Prayers..
Religion Na Confirm Packaged Scam

Vatican 0 vs Coronavirus 5 (Full-time)
The biggest scam running thats for sure
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 22, 2020
FuckThaMod:

We are the same in terms of bitterness.. You no holy pass!
You think we don't see your posts? Pft!

Kiss the truth, bro.

Sorry, we are not the same.

Go through my posts and bring out the bitterness there.

Note, I'm not trying to judge you. But you should know that your activities here are the stuff of mortal sin and not venial sin and you should go to confession before receiving holy communion on Sunday.

It is people like you that make people like us bare our fangs here.

And despite that, I never insult or curse any tribe.

And to think that we both profess the Catholic faith.

We probably sit together during Mass and shake each others hands during sign of peace only for us to come on NL under the cloak of anonymity and be forming online warrior against each other, you cursing out my ethnicity, and me trying to defend my ethnicity.

Shame!

That's not Christianity bro.

Most Igbos are Catholics, yet what we see here on NL on a daily basis leaves much to be desired.

At least the holy communion should count for something.
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. by Farki: 9:07am On Mar 22, 2020
fortran12:

People die everyday and it seems you have a false idea about God.
So people living unhealthy lifestyles is all God's fault right?

When someone survives due to hundreds of years of medical research and the skill of well trained doctors we thank God, when someone dies by accident, stray bullet, new diseases or congenital disorders its not God's fault at all.

If God created everything and evolution is a lie then God created every disease known and unknown or just sits by as they kill millions of people, for what purpose I do not know.
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. by Farki: 9:13am On Mar 22, 2020
leye4u:

If you see miracles, you go fear...
If you have never seen or experienced miracles all your lifetime,its not the Pastor's fault, maybe the demons on your case are working over time.

Ever notice how the frequency of miracles declined when there was a mass adoption of writing and people started asking for photographic and video evidence?
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. by Farki: 9:21am On Mar 22, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Sometimes I doubt the sanity of atheist

So the people who believe in talking snakes and whatever is going on in Exodus 4:24-26 are the sane ones?
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. by leye4u: 9:25am On Mar 22, 2020
Farki:

Ever notice how the frequency of miracles declined when there was a mass adoption of writing and people started asking for photographic and video evidence?
Taaaah
Do we live on the same planet.....never mind

Papa God I would never take these things for granted again oooo,forgive me if I have in the past....seems like no be everybody lo koju se lore...mo dupe ore ooo
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. by FuckThaMod: 9:50am On Mar 22, 2020
FrLukas:

Kiss the truth, bro.

Sorry, we are not the same.

Go through my posts and bring out the bitterness there.

Note, I'm not trying to judge you. But you should know that your activities here are the stuff of mortal sin and not venial sin and you should go to confession before receiving holy communion on Sunday.

It is people like you that make people like us bare our fangs here.

And despite that, I never insult or curse any tribe.

And to think that we both profess the Catholic faith.

We probably sit together during Mass and shake each others hands during sign of peace only for us to come on NL under the cloak of anonymity and be forming online warrior against each other, you cursing out my ethnicity, and me trying to defend my ethnicity.

Shame!

That's not Christianity bro.

Most Igbos are Catholics, yet what we see here on NL on a daily basis leaves much to be desired.

At least the holy communion should count for something.
I don't need to bring out any post.. The bolded confirmed everything. You are a hypocrite and you try so hard to hide your biased nature but those who know, knows.
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. by ivolt: 9:55am On Mar 22, 2020
iko123:
Let's me use this medium to invite you to coza. We are having great service tomorrow The sickness of the Egyptians and not for Israelites.
Fool.
Does your pastor have to rape people's lives too after raping women?
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. by Xisnin(m): 10:00am On Mar 22, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:
Where are all the miracles been performed in Nigeria.

Nigerian pastors just went underground.

Can't dey cast and bind the virus.

Lots of scammers!
Use your brain.
How can you cast and bind a "looting scam"?
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. by Xisnin(m): 10:04am On Mar 22, 2020
leye4u:

Science has limits ,alot of limits, that's why the list of incurable diseases is still very long.
God is the great healer! Believe it or not ,na your own personal wahala be that
Science has limits because it is real.
Imaginary beings don't have limit because they are imaginary.
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. by HappyAmInCANADA: 10:43am On Mar 22, 2020
hunger will just kill all this thieves called pastor ..no offering for for weeks...covid thank u ..mostly CHOSEn chr
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. by fortran12: 11:29am On Mar 22, 2020
Farki:

When someone survives due to hundreds of years of medical research and the skill of well trained doctors we thank God, when someone dies by accident, stray bullet, new diseases or congenital disorders its not God's fault at all.

If God created everything and evolution is a lie then God created every disease known and unknown or just sits by as they kill millions of people, for what purpose I do not know.

Who created the people with hundreds of years of skill? who inspired them to give to humanity? I know the answer is God, so all the praises still go back to him since he created man.
People make dumb choices that result in accidents, new diseases etc so why do you blame God for that? . God gave man the responsibility of taking care of the world (in Genesis 1 vs 26-28 ) so if man messes it up why blame God ?
After man messed up, God still sent his son as salvation who some people ignore but still blame God.
Y'all idea of God is inaccurate and its affecting how you view him.
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. by lepasharon(f): 11:44am On Mar 22, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
My religious beliefs is none of your business.
I've never had any reason to confront anyone on why they're not Catholics,or Christian's.
Keep forming woke there,at least it hasn't helped you either.

Don't Catholics tell ppl not to use condoms? In africa , seriously?
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. by lepasharon(f): 11:53am On Mar 22, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Science created the deadly virus to cash out from it. Science has been creating deadly viruses to kill people for monetary gains and power. Science KILLS

Throwaway your computer and phone.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. by Farki: 12:07pm On Mar 22, 2020
fortran12:

Who created the people with hundreds of years of skill? who inspired them to give to humanity? I know the answer is God, so all the praises still go back to him since he created man.
People make dumb choices that result in accidents, new diseases etc so why do you blame God for that? . God gave man the responsibility of taking care of the world (in Genesis 1 vs 26-28 ) so if man messes it up why blame God ?
After man messed up, God still sent his son as salvation who some people ignore but still blame God.
Y'all idea of God is inaccurate and its affecting how you view him.

It seems God likes to drag things along, why wait for thousands of years and millions of deaths before magically giving humans the knowledge to treat disease when we could just pray and be healed. Oh right because prayer doesn't do anything. Even better why can't I just pray and my amputated leg grows back? Spiders and amphibians can do it yet no human has ever done so.

So you mean to tell me God created the world and everything in it, created the snake, allowed the snake to deceive Adam and Eve and then let everything he created suffer and die because they ate a fruit. He then flooded the earth because people were not righteous to leave only the righteous behind but those people still weren't righteous enough so he destroyed multiple cities then finally came down as man then allowed himself to be killed by man then came back then hung out with his disciples then went back to heaven to save us from what exactly?

It God can see the future and knows the hearts of men (Jeremiah 20:12) (1 Chronicles 28:9) why even allow any of this to happen? I swear Christians like talking from both sides of their mouth, at church they will be singing 'he's got the whole world in his hands' but if their child dies of terminal cancer or their limbs get amputated the issue was out of his hands.
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. by Antichristus: 12:36pm On Mar 22, 2020
Neochemist:
Is this the end of the world?

with this level of self isolation, Rapture could take place without people knowing

Rapture kids, rupture ni. Why some people uphold myths, folklores and fictions as facts is beyond me.
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. by fortran12: 12:37pm On Mar 22, 2020
Farki:

It seems God likes to drag things along, why wait for thousands of years and millions of deaths before magically giving humans the knowledge to treat disease when we could just pray and be healed. Oh right because prayer doesn't do anything. Even better why can't I just pray and my amputated leg grows back? Spiders and amphibians can do it yet no human has ever done so.

How can you pray to a God you don't believe in? People who believe pray and get healed.
It seems you do not understand the concept of responsibility. It's not God's responsibility to take care of the earth, God gave the power and responsibility to man.
Humans by nature do not grow body parts so it makes no sense to compare them with animals that do.

So you mean to tell me God created the world and everything in it, created the snake, allowed the snake to deceive Adam and Eve and then let everything he created suffer and die because they ate a fruit. He then flooded the earth because people were not righteous to leave only the righteous behind but those people still weren't righteous enough so he destroyed multiple cities then finally came down as man then allowed himself to be killed by man then came back then hung out with his disciples then went back to heaven to save us from what exactly?

You do not understand responsibility and consequence. Man is responsible for his life and environment. God gave man an order not to eat of the fruit. The devil ( not a snake) through the snake deceived man. How is that God's fault? Man bore the consequences of his actions but still God provided a way to redeem man, but You still blame God right?

It God can see the future and knows the hearts of men (Jeremiah 20:12) (1 Chronicles 28:9) why even allow any of this to happen? I swear Christians like talking from both sides of their mouth, at church they will be singing 'he's got the whole world in his hands' but if their child dies of terminal cancer or their limbs get amputated the issue was out of his hands.

God sees the future,God is just and not partial. He gave man a perfect world, man destroys it so you expect God to just jump in after he handed man the job of taking care of the earth. God sticks to his word if he says man has responsibility he will not compromise what he has said
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. by Mizwisdom(f): 12:52pm On Mar 22, 2020
lepasharon:

Throwaway your computer and phone.

If I do, I will live a much happier and healthier life. Computer and phones promote social isolation, lack of exercise, bad eye sight, ear pain and sometimes deafness.
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. by Farki: 12:53pm On Mar 22, 2020
fortran12:

How can you pray to a God you don't believe in? People who believe pray and get healed.

So you mean to tell me that there is no Christian in this world that has prayed for their?amputated limbs to grow back? To those that did how did that turn out for them?
fortran12:

It seems you do not understand the concept of responsibility. It's not God's responsibility to take care of the earth, God gave the power and responsibility to man.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+89%3A11&version=ESV
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+2%3A1-25&version=ESV

fortran12:

Humans by nature do not grow body parts so it makes no sense to compare them with animals that do.
Humans by nature do not resurrect from the dead,walk on water, turn rods into snakes, talk to animals and make the blind see. These things according to the bible happened yet God can't grow back amputated limbs.

fortran12:

You do not understand responsibility and consequence. Man is responsible for his life and environment. God gave man an order not to eat of the fruit. The devil ( not a snake) through the snake deceived man. How is that God's fault? Man bore the consequences of his actions but still God provided a way to redeem man, but You still blame God right?
God created the tree (for what purpose I do not know) and also created the snake, the snake is not the devil and was never referred to as such in the Bible, that is Christian revisionism. The snake God created deceived the humans God created, who had also never been told a lie before. Come to think of it both God and the snake were correct to a point in their claims the humans gained knowledge but it made them mortal.

Also what is the point of going through the complicated process of having a messiah appear to just a few people rather than just appearing to everyone at once? Why only reveal yourself to just one tribe in the middle east who will then make a contradictory series of books explaining what you are in different languages so nobody is ever really correct?

fortran12:

God sees the future,God is just and not partial. He gave man a perfect world, man destroys it so you expect God to just jump in after he handed man the job of taking care of the earth. God sticks to his word if he says man has responsibility he will not compromise what he has said

You are still not getting the point, God created everything the way he meant it to be so as a result the consequences of their nature are his fault. Man didn't create viruses that serve no purpose aside from killing host cells and replicating God did, Man might have eaten a fruit but how did it affect the other animals created before man? If the snake was going to upset the perfect balance why create it in the first place? Why can God receive praise for all things good and never receive blame for all the bad things that result from his creation?

I swear the yoruba traditional religion makes more sense than this Judeo-Roman imported religion.
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. by fortran12: 1:44pm On Mar 22, 2020
Farki:

So you mean to tell me that there is no Christian in this world that has prayed for their?amputated limbs to grow back? To those that did how did that turn out for them?

Like I said its not man's nature for amputated parts to grow back, its like a christian praying to God to grow wings and fly. God did not create man that way.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+89%3A11&version=ESV
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+2%3A1-25&version=ESV

Humans by nature do not resurrect from the dead,walk on water, turn rods into snakes, talk to animals and make the blind see. These things according to the bible happened yet God can't grow back amputated limbs.

Humans do not do these by nature, Jesus did all these you mentioned, Jesus is not man, his nature is divine. God has already created man, he has finished his work of creation , he is not creating a new brand or model of man, the man he created at the beginning cannot grow body parts so why will man now start growing body parts? God does not just answer any "prayer", he does not contradict his word

God created the tree (for what purpose I do not know) and also created the snake, the snake is not the devil and was never referred to as such in the Bible, that is Christian revisionism. The snake God created deceived the humans God created, who had also never been told a lie before. Come to think of it both God and the snake were correct to a point in their claims the humans gained knowledge but it made them mortal.

The devil came via a snake, and there are refernces throughout the bible to prove that. Man was already knowledgeable as God created them perfect and they had free will to obey or disobey.

Also what is the point of going through the complicated process of having a messiah appear to just a few people rather than just appearing to everyone at once? Why only reveal yourself to just one tribe in the middle east who will then make a contradictory series of books explaining what you are in different languages so nobody is ever really correct?

There is no contradictory series of books , sorry, the bible contains Gods message to redeem the world. Even if he shows himself to all the world people who choose not to believe will not believe, and you are a living example of that. You have heard about it and you chose no to believe, so you are responsible for you fate, you cannot blame God for not giving you the opportunity

You are still not getting the point, God created everything the way he meant it to be so as a result the consequences of their nature are his fault. Man didn't create viruses that serve no purpose aside from killing host cells and replicating God did, Man might have eaten a fruit but how did it affect the other animals created before man? If the snake was going to upset the perfect balance why create it in the first place? Why can God receive praise for all things good and never receive blame for all the bad things that result from his creation?

It was the devil and not a snake, man handed his control over to the devil as he chose to disobey God, these are consequnces of man's actions, so why blame God? God receives praise cos he inspires for good and the devil inspires bad things

I swear the yoruba traditional religion makes more sense than this Judeo-Roman imported religion.
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. by lepasharon(f): 1:59pm On Mar 22, 2020
Mizwisdom:

If I do, I will live a much happier and healthier life. Computer and phones promote social isolation, lack of exercise, bad eye sight, ear pain and sometimes deafness.

Go ahead then
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 22, 2020
lepasharon:

Do you know how many Christians have died so far?
I don't know, tell me
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 22, 2020
lazarusokafor90:

Bla bla bla
If I swear for you eehn! No grass go grow up for your area

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Vatican Expels U.S. Cardinal Theodore Mccarrick For Soliciting Sex / Prophet Onyeka "Heals" A Mad Man In Onitsha (Photos) / Melchisedec - Who Was This Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.