Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,982 members, 7,845,165 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

PRESIDENTIAL PARDON: INCLUDE 54 SOLDIERS AMONG BENEFICIARIES – MURIC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PRESIDENTIAL PARDON: INCLUDE 54 SOLDIERS AMONG BENEFICIARIES – MURIC (771 Views)

54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years / Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts / Grant Nnamdi Kanu Presidential Pardon To Attend Parents Burial - Ohaneze Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PRESIDENTIAL PARDON: INCLUDE 54 SOLDIERS AMONG BENEFICIARIES – MURIC by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 10, 2020
Recall that the Nigerian Army had through separate General Court Martials in January and March 2015, sentenced to death by firing squad the 54 soldiers for mutiny, but in 2019, commuted the sentence to 10 years imprisonment.

PRESS RELEASE:
President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday Thursday, 9th April, 2020, ordered the release of 2,600 inmates of Nigeria’s correctional centres. This move has already been hailed by an Islamic human rights advocacy group, the Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC). The commendation came on Friday, 10th April, 2020 in a press release issued by the director of the organization, Professor Ishaq Akintola who described the president’s action as timely and humane.

However, MURIC reminded those who are to implement the presidential pardon to include the 54 soldiers of the Nigerian Army who are currently serving a 10-year jail term for requesting for better weapons to fight Boko Haram.

“Some of the 54 soldiers are in Kirikiri and Ikoyi correctional centres. We urge the presidential team to visit those places. The war against terror will remain shady until the authorities give justice its prime of place. Funds meant for the purchase of weapons were being diverted to private pockets while our soldiers were stinted of vital equipment. Nobody knew about this fraud until the 54 soldiers cried out. It led to the exposure of the $2.1 billion armsgate. But instead of hailing the 54 soldiers as heroes of the land, they were clamped in jail. We hereby appeal to the committee handling the implementation of the presidential amnesty to consider them.”

Professor Ishaq Akintola,
Director,
Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC)
http://muslimrightsmuric..com/2020/04/presidential-pardon-include-54-soldiers.html?m=1
Re: PRESIDENTIAL PARDON: INCLUDE 54 SOLDIERS AMONG BENEFICIARIES – MURIC by Iamgrey5(m): 11:52am On Apr 10, 2020
Well Muric playing on our intelligence as usual.

They know their objective and it's not these distractions

They are simply working hard to give the group some credibility in time for the 2023 elections.

1 Like

Re: PRESIDENTIAL PARDON: INCLUDE 54 SOLDIERS AMONG BENEFICIARIES – MURIC by vertueptime: 11:52am On Apr 10, 2020
Good indeed
Re: PRESIDENTIAL PARDON: INCLUDE 54 SOLDIERS AMONG BENEFICIARIES – MURIC by crownwealth: 12:07pm On Apr 10, 2020
Terrorist group!
Re: PRESIDENTIAL PARDON: INCLUDE 54 SOLDIERS AMONG BENEFICIARIES – MURIC by festacman(m): 12:09pm On Apr 10, 2020
Not a bad request.
Re: PRESIDENTIAL PARDON: INCLUDE 54 SOLDIERS AMONG BENEFICIARIES – MURIC by Racoon(m): 1:08pm On Apr 10, 2020
A terrorist regime that have openly displayed affection for terrorists pardoning soldiers that refused to fight the same terrorist they refused to provide them superior weapons to fight against.What a country.
Re: PRESIDENTIAL PARDON: INCLUDE 54 SOLDIERS AMONG BENEFICIARIES – MURIC by LibertyRep: 1:10pm On Apr 10, 2020
Not a bad request

If the government could find some Boko Haram members worthy of being set free under the guise of rehabilitation and repentance, then these ex-military officers whose offence was the exposure of their ill-equiped state at the battle front against the same BH should also be considered for pardon.
Re: PRESIDENTIAL PARDON: INCLUDE 54 SOLDIERS AMONG BENEFICIARIES – MURIC by helinues: 1:14pm On Apr 10, 2020
Nice one from Prof Weather Akintola
Re: PRESIDENTIAL PARDON: INCLUDE 54 SOLDIERS AMONG BENEFICIARIES – MURIC by sapientia(m): 1:50pm On Apr 10, 2020
They protested for weapons to kill Buhari's boys.

Boys that Buhari releases that's who these ones need weapons to kill.
Re: PRESIDENTIAL PARDON: INCLUDE 54 SOLDIERS AMONG BENEFICIARIES – MURIC by Yobabad: 2:11pm On Apr 10, 2020
Is as if this MURIC con_man have a username here, his story is always here, ojoro Yoruba Muslim man
Re: PRESIDENTIAL PARDON: INCLUDE 54 SOLDIERS AMONG BENEFICIARIES – MURIC by limeta(f): 2:12pm On Apr 10, 2020
Taqiyya
Be Afraid be very afraid
Muric is up to something nastyin the near future
Re: PRESIDENTIAL PARDON: INCLUDE 54 SOLDIERS AMONG BENEFICIARIES – MURIC by Nigerianization(m): 3:36pm On Apr 10, 2020
This is commendable coming from MURIC

I still remember that soldier's open letter to his five year old son.... I would like to see him reunite with his family.

1 Like

Re: PRESIDENTIAL PARDON: INCLUDE 54 SOLDIERS AMONG BENEFICIARIES – MURIC by GamalNasser: 3:39pm On Apr 10, 2020
First time in history Muric has ever made sense
Re: PRESIDENTIAL PARDON: INCLUDE 54 SOLDIERS AMONG BENEFICIARIES – MURIC by efighter: 5:00pm On Apr 10, 2020
GamalNasser:

This is the second time.

The first time was when MUMURIC advised Muslims to stay away from Mosques over COVID-19 and vehemently opposed Imams that still lead many people to prayers.

1 Like

Re: PRESIDENTIAL PARDON: INCLUDE 54 SOLDIERS AMONG BENEFICIARIES – MURIC by GamalNasser: 5:01pm On Apr 10, 2020
efighter:

This is the second time.

The first time was when MUMURIC advised Muslims to stay away from Mosques over COVID-19 and vehemently opposed Imams that still lead many people to prayers.

Ohhh I must have missed that
Re: PRESIDENTIAL PARDON: INCLUDE 54 SOLDIERS AMONG BENEFICIARIES – MURIC by efighter: 5:06pm On Apr 10, 2020
GamalNasser:

This is the second time.

I am a Muslim and I know a mad Muslim when I see one from afar.

1 Like

Re: PRESIDENTIAL PARDON: INCLUDE 54 SOLDIERS AMONG BENEFICIARIES – MURIC by hisexcellency34: 5:19pm On Apr 10, 2020
MURIC taking a swipe at former CAN President
Re: PRESIDENTIAL PARDON: INCLUDE 54 SOLDIERS AMONG BENEFICIARIES – MURIC by JAMO84: 5:37pm On Apr 10, 2020
Racoon:
A terrorist regime that have openly displayed affection for terrorists pardoning soldiers that refused to fight the same terrorist they refused to provide them superior weapons to fight against.What a country.
When you got to the part where they said that the soldiers were Court martialed in March 2015 under the clueless one, you went blind as usual!!!

I AM DONE TALKING
Re: PRESIDENTIAL PARDON: INCLUDE 54 SOLDIERS AMONG BENEFICIARIES – MURIC by RitualistMan: 5:38pm On Apr 10, 2020
[s]
efighter:

This is the second time.

I am a Muslim and I know a mad Muslim when I see one from afar.
[/s]

(1) (Reply)

Kemi Trends On Twitter / JUST IN: Aisha Buhari Breaks Silence On Abba Kyari’s Death / Abba Kayari Various birthdates Exposed!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.