Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,043 members, 7,841,956 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

What's Up With "Covid 19 Stigma"? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What's Up With "Covid 19 Stigma"? (194 Views)

Good News In Italy: Church, Cemetery Filled With COVID-19 Bodies Is Empty(Pics) / Bill Gate Unhappy About Israel Coming Out First With Covid-19 Vaccine / Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What's Up With "Covid 19 Stigma"? by NiCurious: 12:12am On Apr 24, 2020
Please Nairalanders, this question isn't letting me rest.
I keep seeing the phrase "the stigma of having Covid 19".
Where is the stigma? Is there something shameful in the way it was contracted--by breathing--which every human does
Is it that people would be worried about being able to go back to work? Everyone is on lockdown, the sick and the well, until the virus isn't floating around. So logically, by the time lockdown is over, the sick will be back to health, and the healthy will still be healthy. Equal footing.
Where is the stigma, can you please explain. The only reason I can think of, is if someone codedly hides symptoms from friends and family and neighbours in the compound, endangering them, and then is found out. But if everyone is taking due precautions and is honest about any symptoms, there is nothing to be ashamed of.

(1) (Reply)

Ncdc Reports On Covid-19, Media Propaganda To Instill Fears For Vaccination Goal / Covid-19: Make Jest Of Kano At Your Peril / Could Kemi Olunloyo Be Saying The Truth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.