Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,066 members, 7,849,309 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:22 PM

For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal (9076 Views)

Now The Whole World Should Ask Yorubas What Happened? / 2023: Igbos Are Doing To Yorubas What The Fulani Did To Hausas / Adewale Giwa To Gani Adams: Resign If You Can’t Sacrifice Your Life For Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Nobody: 6:19am On May 07, 2020
Oladeji245:

you are not more yoruba than me and can not force your opinion on me....and this genuinely one of the reason SW can never go one direction in politics and is quite divided.
don't know why some of u always want to present a false narrative SW is one united region politically following one major party when its clearly not so.and u know it.
we have realistic and liberal people like us who are always willing to discuss our problems and people like you who thinks "it always to have be our way or we scatter evritin.
what has tinubu done for SW other than milking it and imposing thieves on us..
there's nothing spectacular in SW that you will not see in other parts of the country so I don't know where the superior delusion of u and ur party members come from.
Tinubu is a thief,who is milking lagos,he even enacted a draconian pension law.
Tinubu impose thieving governors who called themselves omoluabi but do not pay salaries..pensions to fellow yoruba people..is that act not anti the omoluabi nonsense they preach?
when they do this does tinubu speak out for the people? or does he visit any state to commensrate with the people or speak with d useless governors? when last did tifnubu visited osun for example but during the period of election he will be gallivating around state he hasn't visited in years begging for votes for his useless candidate.. the only time tifnubu is visible is during elections.
Governors who leave huge debts with audio projects and infrastructures.
Tinubu is a desperate politician who send thugs to beat up fellow yorubas and people of other ethnic group once he sees them as a threat..
tinubu that siphon SW money through contract for audio project across Sw..
but Obasanjo who do not impose any one on the people thru hook or crook is the one we should hate.
folks who wanna die with tifnubu can keep following him doesn't erase the fact that many yoruba who are infact a lot in numbers will never support an heartless,cruel and crooked personality.
let him continue plunging lagos,we don't care.

Look, you're just a kid. Not in age but mentally. See all I wrote above and reflect on it. The essence being that you don't take knives to a gunfight as saboteurs like you want the SW to do politically so we would be cut down by bullets before even being able to draw our daggers.

This is why, despite being good guys, Yorubas never felt comfortable aligning politically behind the likes of Soyinka, Fawehinmi, Gani Adam's, Afenifere leaders etal.

I can understand why people view you as Igbo because Yorubas, even those who have reservations about his methods, generally trust Tinubu's political leadership.

Whereas Igbos hate him passionately and publicly because they won't admit to secretly wishing they had their own Tinubu to end their political worthlessness and harmonize SE politics into a purposeful and strategic vehicle to promote Igbos regional interest within Nigeria.

This is why those that charge you not Yoruba are likely correct. No one says all Yorubas must like Tinubu. Yet virtually all Yorubas accept that we must appreciate his worth to us as Nigeria is currently convened politically. Sammy07 even tried to explain this simple concept to you yet you trudge on obstinately.

Your obsessive and unobjective hatred of Tinubu is not at all proportional to anything the man has done one can argue has made him particularly worse, more worthless or more deserving of hate than any other Nigerian politician.

You call Tinubu corrupt and all other unprintable names. Just name me one Nigerian politician who is not corrupt and is politically hardworking, on behalf of his people and region, as Jagaban is. Tinubu, single-handedly, got Yorubas to the Centre again after many years of political wilderness for us under your beloved OBJ and his PDP 'chop Nigeria geng'.

We are seeing critical infrastructure delivered in the SW and FG goodwill today because of our relationship to the Centre. We have Amotekun now whereas it would never have been a reality under OBJ who would simply impeach all governors attempting to support it not caring Yorubas are dying as long as he continues 'wacking' with his 'Chop life' crew.

You don't speak or think with the pragmatism most Yorubas have that makes them, at worst, consider Tinubu a necessary evil for the realities of Nigeria. Tinubu has never left the political trenches. He is always stuck in, at every level, to ensure the SW is moving forward politically.

Contrast this with others. Buhari only used to show up at election time and never really bothered about daily politicking in the North.

Atiku was even worse because he also never bothered with uplifting politics in the North yet he was extremely disloyal and Machiavellian in his pursuit of power.

Peter Obi, as probably the most high profile politician the Igbos can present, is a laughable lightweight not fit to clean Jagaban's shoes.

Jonathan has effectively retired from politics post office without any particular consideration for the political fortunes of his own Bayelsa State let alone Ijaw ethic group. One does not vene know if he is APC or PDP these days.

Yet their people love and support them while you, claiming to be Yoruba, want us to save our vitriol for Jagaban alone, destroy him, and totally disregard the entirety of what he is about.

You are like the ingrate child who sleeps soundly at night yet complains bitterly in the morning about the method security personnel deploy to keep criminals, thugs and killer at bay to facilitate his restful sleep.

Cuz, you ain't fooling no one. Yorubas respect Tinubu politically. In fact this is one of the litmus test of Yorubaness because most ordinary Yorubas never hate Tinubu as mindlessly and as extremely as you and Igbos do.

Yorubas who hate him like that are those he has collected food from, i.e PDP supremos like Bode George and OBJ, or those envious of the influence Tinubu wields as unelected leader of the Yorubas eg Yinka Odumakin and other Afenifebi goons. We are then left with "Yorubas" like you as either a total aberration or fraud.

5 Likes

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by orisa37: 6:27am On May 07, 2020
Grayoso:

Bruv, why and how will this happen if Buhari remains alive and ostensibly fit for the job? Let us be pragmatic and critical in our thinking. Best for North to complete their 8 years and we get their support to replace Buhari.

That is how it is done and that is how many influential Yorubas, the real warriors in the field, not commentators like me and you, are prosecuting our challenge, for many years now, to produce the 2023 President of Nigeria.

YORUBAS WON'T KILL NOBODY. JUST REMAIN OMO-LU-A-BI OMO ODU-DU-WA. OMO OLO-DU-MARE, YOU'RE SAVE.GOD IS THE PERFECTER OF LIFE ON EARTH AND IN ETERNITY.
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Ezmans: 7:06am On May 07, 2020
jacksonkennedy:
Progress within Nigeria. Does it seem possible so far?
If not
Progress outside Nigeria. What is our plan for this currently?
I have think about this issue before, bcs if you go to south east you I'll many youths into manufacturing & production sector, in the north many youth are into farming,production & manufacturing, but in the south west many youth don't want to learn any work both in agriculture, manufacturing or production but prefers standing on the road collecting money from motorist which they see as easy way to make money.but in 21st century things are changing, yellow buses are going instincts, okada is gone in Lagos, government are bringing more buses, hailing companies are coming up with innovations like opera buses, max buses etc but youths in South West are still parking themselves in all under bridges in Lagos waiting for free Money, so they need to shift there goal post so that they won't be left behind.

2 Likes

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Ezmans: 7:16am On May 07, 2020
JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI:
Long term goal is not secession or holding on to a failed union, long time goal is human and infrastructural development of our region, tell me any states that do everything in unison like Yoruba states, where’s there’s freedom to practice the religion you like, support any candidate you like, that’s our long term goal.

Our long term goal is to retain the industrial hub of the nation and the economic capital too, our long term goal is to connect all yoruba major cities together with a road like East - West line (USA), our long term goal is making Yorubaland peaceful so others can come to live and prosper and in turn increase our IGR, our long term goal is security of lives and property in our region, (creation of amotekun and very soon state policing) our long term goal is maintaining the best crop of lawyers in Nigeria Incase there’s a reason to secede, there won’t be bloodshed... If you study Yoruba history, you’ll know our thirst for liberty and progressiveness knows no bound, why our forefathers left ife to conquer territories

Maybe if IPOB study more bout the ANC and Mandela, they’ll know what’s call a struggle, how to liberate your people, sacrifice you’re to make, the type of government you want to run, your economic policy, Kanu hasn’t talked about that, just insulting... I wish they succeed with their secession quest, but Kanu is a distraction for their course, they won’t agree lol cheesy

I believe ndigbo have more prospects than kanu, go through history, secessionist leader doesn’t do act like him

I haven’t find that in biafra related post, just making mouth and beating chest

But if the Yoruba nation decides to secede this union one day, nothing on earth can stop it... you can check history

But Yoruba People use agbero & Yoruba Muslims almajiri to threaten innocent citizens who want excise there Civic duty's as a citizen to vote any party they like, you are here telling people another thing.
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Congonatty: 9:12am On May 07, 2020
Deputy1111:
I think our goal for now is to support our own son to win 2023 election, then give us good governance and strengthen Nigeria unity.

Nigeria Unity.?
Y this Unity?
Unity with who?
Archaic North?
"Greedy" SE?
WHAT exactly do you see in Nigeria Unity?
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Oladeji245(m): 9:39am On May 07, 2020
Grayoso:

Look, you're just a kid. Not in age but mentally. See all I wrote above and reflect on it. The essence being that you don't take knives to a gunfight as saboteurs like you want the SW to do politically so we would be cut down by bullets before even being able to draw our daggers.

This is why, despite being good guys, Yorubas never felt comfortable aligning politically behind the likes of Soyinka, Fawehinmi, Gani Adam's, Afenifere leaders etal.

I can understand why people view you as Igbo because Yorubas, even those who have reservations about his methods, generally trust Tinubu's political leadership.

Whereas Igbos hate him passionately and publicly because they won't admit to secretly wishing they had their own Tinubu to end their political worthlessness and harmonize SE politics into a purposeful and strategic vehicle to promote Igbos regional interest within Nigeria.

This is why those that charge you not Yoruba are likely correct. No one says all Yorubas must like Tinubu. Yet virtually all Yorubas accept that we must appreciate his worth to us as Nigeria is currently convened politically. Sammy07 even tried to explain this simple concept to you yet you trudge on obstinately.

Your obsessive and unobjective hatred of Tinubu is not at all proportional to anything the man has done one can argue has made him particularly worse, more worthless or more deserving of hate than any other Nigerian politician.

You call Tinubu corrupt and all other unprintable names. Just name me one Nigerian politician who is not corrupt and is politically hardworking, on behalf of his people and region, as Jagaban is. Tinubu, single-handedly, got Yorubas to the Centre again after many years of political wilderness for us under your beloved OBJ and his PDP 'chop Nigeria geng'.

We are seeing critical infrastructure delivered in the SW and FG goodwill today because of our relationship to the Centre. We have Amotekun now whereas it would never have been a reality under OBJ who would simply impeach all governors attempting to support it not caring Yorubas are dying as long as he continues 'wacking' with his 'Chop life' crew.

You don't speak or think with the pragmatism most Yorubas have that makes them, at worst, consider Tinubu a necessary evil for the realities of Nigeria. Tinubu has never left the political trenches. He is always stuck in, at every level, to ensure the SW is moving forward politically.

Contrast this with others. Buhari only used to show up at election time and never really bothered about daily politicking in the North.

Atiku was even worse because he also never bothered with uplifting politics in the North yet he was extremely disloyal and Machiavellian in his pursuit of power.

Peter Obi, as probably the most high profile politician the Igbos can present, is a laughable lightweight not fit to clean Jagaban's shoes.

Jonathan has effectively retired from politics post office without any particular consideration for the political fortunes of his own Bayelsa State let alone Ijaw ethic group. One does not vene know if he is APC or PDP these days.

Yet their people love and support them while you, claiming to be Yoruba, want us to save our vitriol for Jagaban alone, destroy him, and totally disregard the entirety of what he is about.

You are like the ingrate child who sleeps soundly at night yet complains bitterly in the morning about the method security personnel deploy to keep criminals, thugs and killer at bay to facilitate his restful sleep.

Cuz, you ain't fooling no one. Yorubas respect Tinubu politically. In fact this is one of the litmus test of Yorubaness because most ordinary Yorubas never hate Tinubu as mindlessly and as extremely as you and Igbos do.

Yorubas who hate him like that are those he has collected food from, i.e PDP supremos like Bode George and OBJ, or those envious of the influence Tinubu wields as unelected leader of the Yorubas eg Yinka Odumakin and other Afenifebi goons. We are then left with "Yorubas" like you as either a total aberration or fraud.
I respect your view,Tifbubu is your God...I don't like him,I hate him,he is not acceptable to me and a lot of other yoruba people..its perfectly within my(Our) rights...
respect that and move on..
there's nothing like saboteurs..
my personal interest comes first before anything..
jog on
edit...after the sorrow and pain apc caused us for eight years in Osun State God forbid I have have anything to do with a useless cruel party and their thieving Godfather

1 Like

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Nobody: 9:52am On May 07, 2020
On this Tinubu issue, I feel like we need to look at things carefully and apply some wisdom. I'm not exactly fond of the man. I don't find him to be ethnically conscious. I don't think God-fathers should exist. I don't see what he has done for Yoruba people. But in a situation where you have all these headies from ogbono land wishing for the man's downfall, I feel like we need to defend him. Ki a ma fi owo wa wo ile. Whether we like it or not, these folks see him as a Yoruba leader. Whatever move Tinubu makes is seen as Yoruba move to them.

They don't care about the Yorubas opposing him. It's why they still blame us for Jona's loss despite giving him a huge chunk of our votes. Ethnicity is a big deal in Nigeria. Every tribe is trying to oust the other. Alot of Yorubas are just too naive and short-sighted to see it. Tinubu's downfall would be seen as "Yoruba downfall" politically. And this is what they want. Even if we want to get rid of Tinubu, we need to prop up a Yoruba leader who has our interest at heart first before doing that. We can't afford to put the cart before the horse. If Tinubu falls today, who will fill his shoes? You need a leader in an extremely tribal country like Nigeria. Nigeria isn't a proper democracy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Oladeji245(m): 10:08am On May 07, 2020
SIRTee15:

Seriously, I can't wait for the moment nigeria will disintegrate.....
Then the fate of each region will be decide by their leaders....
That's when Tinubu and his bullion van messengers/puppets will be exposed as incompetent scammers and fraudsters....
Enriching their pockets at the expense of Yoruba people and it's resources.....
U just can't point to one unique or outstanding achievement of SW politicians in recent decades....
Instead all u see is proliferation of disgusting vices..
I think Yorubaland is ripe for another Agbekoya revolution......
We need to rid ourselves of these filthy men.....

don't mind the fools my brother...
they are so delusional...see that grayoso even saying yorubas appreciate tinubu worth politically and do not hate him..yet his party in d same SW has never won in elections by any significant margin and as we see in Osun had to engage in mindless rigging...
Tinubu brought Yoruba central..is the life of an average yoruba man better than that of an average ibo,ijaw or edo man?
which infrastructures are we enjoying like they always claim?
the reality is that Sw is suffering from virtually evritin the rest of the country suffers from and is not special in any way.
Tinubu imposes Thieving governors who call themselves omoluabi but all their acts are anti omoluabi they preach.
but no, every yoruba people who have suffer from pain out of the failure of leadership of tinubu and the useless governors should throw their own personal interest away to accommodate plunderes who only care about the money they steal at the expense of happiness of a lot of yoruba people..
they call themselves omoluabi when it suits them,let the old men from afenifere speaks and the insults on them by these set up people on old men old enough to be their grandpas is extremely shocking.

1 Like

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Nobody: 10:13am On May 07, 2020
Egbon @FlyoruB

I hail you baba!

1 Like

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Oladeji245(m): 10:14am On May 07, 2020
Topsic70:

Hiding behind ur fluency changes nothing bruv.
I told u, on ds thread (minus other threads) I busted at least 4 Yoruba imposters. (U can check ds fact) cheesy
And they all forever held their peace as we speak, including d op.

A discerning Yoruba person can easily fish u impostors out just as a knife cuts thru butter.

The op dragged us thru 6 pages of rigorous rigmarole b4 he/she finally succumbed.
Even some Yoruba's were already swayed by her doggedness not until sammy07 and I finally punctured her balloon and put him/her to perpetual silent mode.

Except u have no 'history', dts when u can escape, but just like other impostors on ds/other threads, u are no different!

Una no reach! grin
see tears flowing on my mention.
ojooo wereyy laara..
alainironu araa galatiaa..
I'm sure this one does not even has 5k in his account but he spends time online defending his sufferers..
amukumeko ewuree tifnubuu.
oloshi eyan
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Oladeji245(m): 10:27am On May 07, 2020
Jetleeeee:
On this Tinubu issue, I feel like we need to look at things carefully and apply some wisdom. I'm not exactly fond of the man. I don't find him to be ethnically conscious. I don't think God-fathers should exist. I don't see what he has done for Yoruba people. But in a situation where you have all these headies from ogbono land wishing for the man's downfall, I feel like we need to defend him. Ki a ma fi owo wa wo ile. Whether we like it or not, these folks see him as a Yoruba leader. Whatever move Tinubu makes is seen as Yoruba move to them.

They don't care about the Yorubas opposing him. It's why they still blame us for Jona's loss despite giving him a huge chunk of our votes. Ethnicity is a big deal in Nigeria. Every tribe is trying to oust the other. Alot of Yorubas are just too naive and short-sighted to see it. Tinubu's downfall would be seen as "Yoruba downfall" politically. And this is what they want. Even if we want to get rid of Tinubu, we need to prop up a Yoruba leader who has our interest at heart first before doing that. We can't afford to put the cart before the horse. If Tinubu falls today, who will fill his shoes? You need a leader in an extremely tribal country in Nigeria. Nigeria isn't a proper democracy
true to some extent..
but of course if u express reservation and criticism of the man,his demented followers will come for your head....
tbh though I don't care what some other people think of yoruba people.
like a lot of yoruba people, my personal interest comes first...l
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Fidelismaria: 10:27am On May 07, 2020

yourubas are politically confused

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Nobody: 10:33am On May 07, 2020
Oladeji245:

I respect your view,Tifbubu is your God...I don't like him,I hate him,he is not acceptable to me and a lot of other yoruba people..its perfectly within my(Our) rights...
respect that and move on..
there's nothing like saboteurs..
my personal interest comes first before anything..
jog on
edit...after the sorrow and pain apc caused us for eight years in Osun State God forbid I have have anything to do with a useless cruel party and their thieving Godfather

Bruv, if you stop insulting Tinubu needlessly and calling him names he does not deserve then I have no issues with you.

Will you like or tolerate it if I insult your father ungraciously and wickedly every day?

1 Like

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Nobody: 10:34am On May 07, 2020
Fidelismaria:

yourubas are politically confused

Yes we are and we like it that way. Now get lost.

1 Like

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Nobody: 10:36am On May 07, 2020
Oladeji245:

true to some extent..
but of course if u express reservation and criticism of the man,his demented followers will come for your head....

Sure!! I agree with you on that one. We need not be binary. That's something we should avoid.

1 Like

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by ODVanguard: 10:44am On May 07, 2020
Jetleeeee:

They don't care about the Yorubas opposing him. It's why they still blame us for Jona's loss despite giving him a huge chunk of our votes. Ethnicity is a big deal in Nigeria. Every tribe is trying to oust the other. Alot of Yorubas are just too naive and short-sighted to see it. Tinubu's downfall would be seen as "Yoruba downfall" politically. And this is what they want. Even if we want to get rid of Tinubu, we need to prop up a Yoruba leader who has our interest at heart first before doing that. We can't afford to put the cart before the horse. If Tinubu falls today, who will fill his shoes? You need a leader in an extremely tribal country like Nigeria. Nigeria isn't a proper democracy

Bro, you have said the koko. For as long as Yorubas remain in Nigeria as presently constituted politically, we will always need a rallying point. Doesn't mean all Yorubas will support him, or that all Yorubas will be in such a rallying point's party, no. But such a person whom has paid the price politically to build the network and political capital will enable us claim our stake and give us a place at the table. Say what you like about Tinubu, but the man earned his stripes over the years. If it was that easy to remain relevant in the landmine that is the Nigerian political terrain, or if it was that easy to and remain a 'godfather' in Nigeria, his contemporaries (the likes of Orji Kalu, Kwankwaso, Bukola Saraki, Rochas Okorocha) would still be relevant. When the SW was under the PDP, it lacked the cohesive glue that it has enjoyed under the ACN/APC, and that cost us a seat at the table.

If Tinubu had not built the ACN into a formidable party across the SW (like Awo did with AG and UPN), Yorubas would not have been opportuned to produce the VP and other slots in the current admin that have benefitted the region. Historically and politically, Yorubas thrive best in Nigeria when they can have a regional rallying point for negotiations. The rest of Nigeria take us more seriously, politically, when we organize ourselves as a formidable regional bloc. E.g, GEJ had to give concessions (which he later reneged on and paid dearly for) to the Tinubu-led ACN in 2011 in order to win bloc votes from the region. In that instance, he knew whom to talk to (Tinubu) to deliver the goods, and it worked perfectly -- ACN delivered 5 out of the 6 states in the region (with the exception of Osun, which was deliberate btw) to GEJ in spite of having its own Presidential candidate (in the person of Ribadu). GEJ later reneged on the agreement he had with the ACN, and again, the same ACN was able to leverage on its region-wide strength to form a coalition that denied him re-election. None of that would have happened if a rallying political figure like Tinubu wasn't in the picture.

Many if not most of the Yoruba-centric politicians that are making impact in Buhari's administration had their break through Tinubu, all the way up to the VP. So much so that even Fayemi had to recently called him 'leader of leaders', coz he has managed to groom and reproduce more political leaders that have gone on to make impact in Yorubaland than any other politician in modern times.

The attention that the Lagos-Ibadan expressway, which OBJ and GEJ neglected, has received under this admin would not have happened if we didn't have a strong stake in the Buhari government. Ditto the Lagos-Ibadan rail. Under the PDP, Yorubas had no regional rallying point, hence it was easy for GEJ to relegate them. How many Yoruba PDP politicians can boast of a network of political loyalists that cut through the entire SW region? Not one. If it was that easy to command the level of respect and loyalty he does politically across board, other politicians both within and outside the region would have replicated the feat.

Tinubu may not be a saint (no politician is, not even Buhari), but his political capital is unrivaled in Yorubaland, and even his foes know that.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Oladeji245(m): 10:45am On May 07, 2020
Grayoso:

Bruv, if you stop insulting Tinubu needlessly and calling him names he does not deserve then I have no issues with you.

Will you like or tolerate it if I insult your father ungraciously and wickedly every day?
then stop trying to force him on us..
when u speak,speak for yourself and party...
Tinubu is not yoruba leader,he is the leader of SW Apc...and National Apc.
yoruba land is a multi party region and that's d reality.
but when u try to force your apc leader on all yoruba people despite the glaring evidence,of course a lot of people will rhave issues and call u out.
U are Apc and u regard tinubu as your leader,I respect that.
im(we) are not Apc,and we (I)don't regard tinubu as our leader because he is not...respect that and move on too.

1 Like

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by FlyoruB: 10:53am On May 07, 2020
Jetleeeee:
Egbon @FlyoruB

I hail you baba!

I gentle o.

1 Like

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Oladeji245(m): 10:57am On May 07, 2020
ODVanguard:

Bro, you have said the koko. For as long as Yorubas remain in Nigeria as presently constituted politically, we will always need a rallying point. Doesn't mean all Yorubas will support him, or that all Yorubas will be in such a rallying point's party, no. But such a person whom has paid the price politically to build the network and political capital will enable us claim our stake and give us a place at the table. Say what you like about Tinubu, but the man earned his stripes over the years. If it was that easy to remain relevant in the landmine that is the Nigerian political terrain, or if it was that easy to and remain a 'godfather' in Nigeria, his contemporaries (the likes of Orji Kalu, Kwankwaso, Bukola Saraki, Rochas Okorocha) would still be relevant. When the SW was under the PDP, it lacked the cohesive glue that it has enjoyed under the ACN/APC, and that cost us a seat at the table.

If Tinubu had not built the ACN into a formidable party across the SW (like Awo did with AG and UPN), Yorubas would not have been opportuned to produce the VP and other slots in the current admin that have benefitted the region. Historically and politically, Yorubas thrive best in Nigeria when they can have a regional rallying point for negotiations. The rest of Nigeria take us more seriously, politically, when we organize ourselves as a formidable regional bloc. E.g, GEJ had to give concessions (which he later reneged on and paid dearly for) to the Tinubu-led ACN in 2011 in order to win bloc votes from the region. In that instance, he knew whom to talk to (Tinubu) to deliver the goods, and it worked perfectly -- ACN delivered 5 out of the 6 states in the region (with the exception of Osun, which was deliberate btw) to GEJ in spite of having its own Presidential candidate (in the person of Ribadu). GEJ later reneged on the agreement he had with the ACN, and again, the same ACN was able to leverage on its region-wide strength to form a coalition that denied him re-election. None of that would have happened if a rallying political figure like Tinubu wasn't in the picture.

Many if not most of the Yoruba-centric politicians that are making impact in Buhari's administration had their break through Tinubu, all the way up to the VP. So much so that even Fayemi had to recently called him 'leader of leaders', coz he has managed to groom and reproduce more political leaders that have gone on to make impact in Yorubaland than any other politician in modern times.

The attention that the Lagos-Ibadan expressway, which OBJ and GEJ neglected, has received under this admin would not have happened if we didn't have a strong stake in the Buhari government. Ditto the Lagos-Ibadan rail. Under the PDP, Yorubas had no regional rallying point, hence it was easy for GEJ to relegate them. How many Yoruba PDP politicians can boast of a network of political loyalists that cut through the entire SW region? Not one. If it was that easy to command the level of respect and loyalty he does politically across board, other politicians both within and outside the region would have replicated the feat.

Tinubu may not be a saint (no politician is, not even Buhari), but his political capital is unrivaled in Yorubaland, and even his foes know that.
most of yorubas don't have issues with people who support tinubu.. anybody who want to be stuck in tinubu arsehole can continue to do so..its perfectly within their rights which we respect...u rarely see yorubas attacking tinubu supporters online.
but why are these same people always intolerant to other yorubas who do not support or like him and are termed all sort of insultive names when its also within their rights not to support or like him..
u say he is your leader,I said no,he is not..
then u resort to insults..na by force
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Nobody: 10:59am On May 07, 2020
FlyoruB:

I gentle o.

Baba.. We need a platform to continue these conversations oo

A website where we can have like a "group chat". A single thread so no one has to create any thread. All we just do is chat about Yoruba-related issues a la Whatsapp

With a simple interface and only email required to post.

Scholes and I have been discussing it. We're looking at Google groups or Reddit but they have their limitations. Do you have any suggestions?

2 Likes

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Nobody: 11:00am On May 07, 2020
ODVanguard:

Solid points here Baba.

1 Like

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by ODVanguard: 11:05am On May 07, 2020
Oladeji245:

most of yorubas don't have issues with people who support tinubu.. anybody who want to be stuck in tinubu arsehole can continue to do so..its perfectly within their rights which we respect...u rarely see yorubas attacking tinubu supporters online.
but why are these same people always intolerant to other yorubas who do not support or like him and are termed all sort of insultive names when its also within their rights not to support or like him..
u say he is your leader,I said no,he is not..
then u resort to insults..na by force

Bro, I see where you are coming from, but your experience (however unfortunate) only goes to show that your position is in the minority. undecided Even Awolowo had fierce rivals within Yorubaland (with many being his former political associates even). By 1983, UPN had lost Oyo and Ondo (though it later regained Ondo via the courts), before the coup that ushered in Buhari struck. The situation is kinda like what you find with Kanu and igbos online. The support that Nnamdi Kanu enjoys amongst Igbos online is reflective of the widespread support he enjoys on the ground. Fine, not every igboman supports Kanu, but I would argue that even those ones that don't support him have one or two areas where they agree with him. Yorubas may not agree with Kanu or even dislike his methods, but when it comes down to numbers, that guy has the 'street credibility' amongst regular everyday igbos, moreso online. It is what it is. I don't support you getting attacked for not supporting Tinubu, but that is just reflective of how unpopular your position is amongst mainstream Yorubas. undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by FlyoruB: 11:17am On May 07, 2020
Jetleeeee:

Baba.. We need a platform to continue these conversations oo

A website where we can have like a "group chat". A single thread so no one has to create any thread. All we just do is chat about Yoruba-related issues a la Whatsapp

With a simple interface and only email required to post.

Scholes and I have been discussing it. We're looking at Google groups or Reddit but they have their limitations. Do you have any suggestions?

I am totally in support, chief. Just a few days ago, I felt like discussing an important issue amongst our tiwa'n'tiwa, like we used to at the parapo joint back in the day. The realization that we no longer have such a platform really depressed me, sotay I had to log on to the ooduafamily forum just to get a taste of the good old days.

1 Like

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Nobody: 11:19am On May 07, 2020
Oladeji245:

true to some extent..

Look, learned Yorubas are not naturally uncouth and insultive like Igbos. We are not 'herded' either to be following one man blindly as Igbos do with Kanu who is a scammer that appeared from nowhere.

We know Tinubu well. He has paid his dues massively for Yorubas and their cause from the day he fled Nigeria and was a supremo of NADECO that fought Abacha.

Are you aware of all that before you start insulting the man uncouthly while expecting learned Yorubas to just condone your behavior?

You are the same person praising OBJ who is no less than a very wicked and Vainglorious leader who has been one of if not the biggest problem of the entire Nigeria for many decades.

People like you are traitors for worshipping OBJ and demonzing Tinubu who remains a benevolent politician only working with the reality of Nigerian politics whereas OBJ was the same wicked and vengeful individual who began sabotaging Nigeria as far back as when he abetted the rigging in of Shagari as President so the ultra-visionary Awolowo would never get the glory of leading Nigeria to great heights.

As civilian President OBJ was a demon to the SW openly rigging in gangsters and killers in as leaders everywhere. Need I tell you how many prominent technocrats got murdered under OBJ when they dared to venture near SW politics?

Today Nightclub boss Shina Pellar (Quilox) is a serving politician because of the sanity Tinubu has brought to SW politics. Ditto former actor Desmond Elliot and the two Yoruba betting shop bosses. That alone is worth its weight in gold.

How many governors did OBJ undemocratic ally impeach at will or jail partisanly in his one-sided fight against corruption? How many Senate Presidents did he hound out for not doing his bidding? How many billions of dollars did your icon OBJ steal to the detriment of the entire nation while you call Tinubu thief daily for his leadership of Lagos alone.

No private asset OBJ did not sell to cronies for pittance especially when he was about to leave office. Yar Adua was so ashamed about the unpatriotic theft of OBJ he quickly moved to reverse some of OBJ's sale of national assets!!!

Does the entire nation have one MW of power to show for OBJ's $16 billion fraud in the power sector while the same OBJ was frustrating Tinubu PPP (private power plant) plans for Lagos? What of OBJ's unforgiveably wicked imposition of sick Yar Adua on Nigeria when other competent candidates were available merely because your hero wanted tools he could control rather than good leadership of the biggest black nation on Earth?

Bruv take your time and don't even get a proper omoluabi started. Any Yoruba that can cannonize OBJ and demonize Tinubu is simply ignorant or deviant. There are too many holes and disjointed views in your thinking for you to be a pragmatic omoluabi aware of the big picture. It is almost impossible for any genuine Omoluabi, aware of the historical truth of Nigeria since 1999, to love the monster OBJ while hating Tinubu. Even your talk of caring for Osun is suspect. Did you live through the Oyinlola days? You're a fraud bro.

1 Like

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Nobody: 11:25am On May 07, 2020
FlyoruB:

I am totally in support, chief. Just a few days ago, I felt like discussing an important issue amongst our tiwa'n'tiwa, like we used to at the parapo joint back in the day. The realization that we no longer have such a platform really depressed me, sotay I had to log on to the ooduafamily forum just to get a taste of the good old days.

Yeah. I feel you bro. That platform was really good. Fortunately, everything we posted is still available for us to see. But LMK if you find any other platform - preferably instant chat. I don't want us to make the same mistake we made with Parapo. It wasn't mobile-friendly. My preference would have been discord. But people will have to download the app. And I don't think anyone is ready to do that

2 Likes

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Nobody: 11:33am On May 07, 2020
ODVanguard:

Bro, I see where you are coming from, but your experience (however unfortunate) only goes to show that your position is in the minority. undecided Even Awolowo had fierce rivals within Yorubaland (with many being his former political associates even). By 1983, UPN had lost Oyo and Ondo (though it later regained Ondo via the courts), before the coup that ushered in Buhari struck. The situation is kinda like what you find with Kanu and igbos online. The support that Nnamdi Kanu enjoys amongst Igbos online is reflective of the widespread support he enjoys on the ground. Fine, not every igboman supports Kanu, but I would argue that even those ones that don't support him have one or two areas where they agree with him. Yorubas may not agree with Kanu or even dislike his methods, but when it comes down to numbers, that guy has the 'street credibility' amongst regular everyday igbos, moreso online. It is what it is. I don't support you getting attacked for not supporting Tinubu, but that is just reflective of how unpopular your position is amongst mainstream Yorubas. undecided

He'll never listen to your commonsense message because he is as stubborn as they come. Run up and down calling Tinubu a thief and all unprintable names.

What is his hero OBJ then? If not the greatest tormentor of Yorubas and traitor to their cause that ever lived? This is why the guy is unpopular here and always vilified. He does not realize how ideologically fraudulent and disjointed his antics here are. A bit like bitterly professing hate for Winston Churchill to then hail Adolf Hitler your icon.

How is he different to Igbos who parade the worst, most corrupt, most indolent and most incompetent leaders in Nigeria today yet sit in judgment of Tinubu daily calling him unsavoury names hypocritically?

1 Like

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 12:20pm On May 07, 2020
Ezmans:
But Yoruba People use agbero & Yoruba Muslims almajiri to threaten innocent citizens who want excise there Civic duty's as a citizen to vote any party they like, you are here telling people another thing.

We have yoruba, nothing like yoruba Muslim or Christian

Check the elections in Yorubaland and you’ll see both parties have a field play, the Yoruba you’re accusing still gave Atiku more votes than other region

1 Like

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Osaze007: 1:46pm On May 07, 2020
Grayoso:

Whether you want to accept it or not, Tinubu is the best Yoruba politician post 1999 when our current democracy began. He is a product of his environment and a man who has achieved a lot for Lagos and the Yoruba nation via pragmatic politics allied to the reality of the day.

That was how Tinubu was able to fight and defeat OBJ many times to include keeping Lagos out of the grasp of the PDP and changing the political landscape of the SW from one where the PDP imposed gangsters and killers everywhere as leaders to one where Desmond Elliot, Shina Pellah etal could contest elections and win.

This feat alone is a priceless achievement as it meant, for the first time since 1999, any Nigerian could run for political office in the SW whereas it had to be violent, inept and cruel sadist under the PDP and OBJ.

The SW, no personal disrespect, will never rise with hands like yours because you would be another Soyinka, Solarin, Fawehinmi etal totally and deliberately disinterested in the reality that guides what is achievable, and that many subscribe to, only to be espousing lofty notions and ideals that can never move Yorubas forward, and would isolate/neuter anyone proposing such, because those run contrary to the way politics is played in Nigeria.

You and others don't understand Tinubu because you can never pragmatically marry what must be done with the reality on the ground in order to get results in Nigeria as presently constituted.

Best example I can give you are the adventures or more aptly misadventures in politics of Yoruba icons like Fawehinmi, Soyinka etal.

Yorubas pragmatically shunned the efforts of those highly respected Yoruba omoluabis because they know the type of leaders they want politically (Tinubu) and those they want as advocates and activists (Soyinka, Fawehinmi etal).

Tinubu plays politics like Chess he has mastered like grandmasters such as Karpov, Kasparov etal.

Because of his deliberate and visionary meandering, the SW is now in a position to produce reformational and visionary hands as its 2023 candidates in the likes of Osinbajo, Fashola etal.

Whereas OBJ would cynically have found some inept GEJ or Shagari-type tool he assumes he can 'remote control' to be VP to Buhari. Those sort would then waste the slot of the Yorubas, if they become President, as OBJ himself did!!!!

You will see that even Yorubas who don't like Tinubu appreciate his political sagacity because they appreciate the SW would be defenseless if she did not have a Tinubu.

This is partly why Igbos hate Tinubu i.e their deep regret at not hosting their own dogged master politician in the mould of Jagaban who would have prevented them being in the political purgatory they are mired in today. Be careful what you wish for simply because you don't want to be realistic and do not want to accept the reality of your nation and people.

You even have time to be explaining like this. S
Since tinubu sacked them 2015 for making efforts into Lagos politics they have been acting like dogs with rabies
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Topsic70: 3:09pm On May 07, 2020
Oladeji245:

see tears flowing on my mention.
ojooo wereyy laara..
alainironu araa galatiaa..
I'm sure this one does not even has 5k in his account but he spends time online defending his sufferers..
amukumeko ewuree tifnubuu.
oloshi eyan
Lolz.....
Nwanne, i feel ur payne brah! smiley
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Ezmans: 3:54pm On May 07, 2020
JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI:

We have yoruba, nothing like yoruba Muslim or Christian

Check the elections in Yorubaland and you’ll see both parties have a field play, the Yoruba you’re accusing still gave Atiku more votes than other region
If you live in Lagos you I'll Know how non yoruba's where threatened in last election, even some of there shops where looted to silence them on the eve of the election
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Oladeji245(m): 5:22pm On May 07, 2020
ODVanguard:

I will not like to drag this further again..
u support tinubu,cool
I like so many others do not support him,let us be..its not too much to ask

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Al-makura Pays 700K Hospital Bill For 2-year-old Cancer Patient / EFCC Arraigns Abiodun Agbele On Fraud Charges Today / Ijaw National Congress Denies Endorsing Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.