Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,649 members, 7,840,581 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Foods That Boost The Immune System - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Foods That Boost The Immune System (291 Views)

Masturbation Boosts The Immune System Against Coronavirus – Medical Expert / Superdose The Immune Booster / Why Foods That Boost Sexual Appetite May Not Work For Virgins - Chefs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Foods That Boost The Immune System by Botapreneur(f): 4:17pm On May 12, 2020
Have you ever heard that the ability of someone’s system to resist disease or get healed faster is dependent on how strong such a one’s immunity is?

Currently at the moment, the world at large is experiencing this pandemic called Covid’19 which first broke out in a place called Wuhan in China.

Now, you must have also heard that those with weak immune system, existing health challenges and old people are most likely at the risk of contacting this virus.

I’m not here to talk about Covid’19 itself as lots of articles have talked so much about it while there will still be lots more. It’s my sincere prayer to God that the whole pandemic come to an end in Jesus name.

Okay! What I want to talk about centres on the immunity aspect.

Immunity is the process by which the action of specific antibodies or sensitized white blood cells in the body help in the resistance of a particular infection or toxin.

These antibodies and white blood cells are biological defenses that will fight infection, disease from invading the body or suppressing the action of infection

The truth is that immunity differs from one person to another. This depends on what we do to strengthen or weaken the immune system.

Some have strong immune systems while some have weak immune systems.

Naturally, there are a lot of vitamins that help boost immune system and the good news about it is that most of these vitamins are present in abundance in the foods we eat.

And out of all the vitamins, vitamin C is the best that helps a lot in building and boosting immunity.

There are various types of foods that contain vitamin C but I’ll love to intimate you with 7 major foods that are highly rich with this vitamin.

1) Citrus Fruits: Citrus fruits are highly rich in Vitamins (especially vitamin C) and plant Compounds.
They are good sources of Fiber. They aid digestion and ease bowel congestion.

Why do you think people those having constipation to take lots of oranges?Common citrus fruits include the following:

Oranges
Grapefruits
Tangerines
Lemons
Limes
Yes, you must have read some articles that said people should put lemon in warm water and drink.

The logic behind it is just for it to boost the immune system.

2) Garlic: Garlic are also known to boost the immunity.

They are rich in vitamin C, vitamin B6 and manganese

However, taking too much of garlic can cause bloating, bad breath and body odor.

3) Ginger/Tumeric: Ginger is a flowering plant that originated from China.

It belongs to the Zingiberaceae family, and is closely related to turmeric.

Ginger has a very long history of use in alternative medicine. It is been used to help digestion, reduce nausea and help fight the flu and common cold, decrease inflammation, reduce sore throat and other inflammatory illnesses.

I love to take ginger tea a lot. I peel the back, boil in water for a while and drink.

Tumeric belongs to the same family as ginger and also help to boost the immune system.

4) Spinach: Spinach is an example of common vegetables in Nigeria. There are different types of spinach but the commonest is known as Efo tete among the Yoruba.

This vegetable is highly rich in vitamin C, vitamin K, folic acid, iron, and calcium.

5) Brocolli: Brocolli is another good source of vitamin C. Broccoli contains sulfur compounds that research suggests boost production of glutathione, an antioxidant compound which helps free radicals to minimize their potential damage.
Unfortunately, broccoli are rarely found in Nigeria. They are only readily accessible some big supermarkets.

6) Carrots: Carrots are highly rich in vitamin C which helps in boosting the immune system.

Carrots also contain antioxidants which help the body fight free radicals, cell damage, and inflammation.

7) Bell Pepper: Bell pepper are highly rich in vitamin C and some other vitamins such as vitamin A, E and K1.

Endeavour to include all these foods in your diet and boost your immunity/immune system.

NOTE: Too much of sugar weaken the immune system. Reduce the intake of sugar especially carbonated drinks and totally avoid taking alcohol. Click here to read about the effects of sugar in the body.

Lastly, as much as we feed on physical foods boost the immune system, we shouldn’t forget to feed on the Word of God. It the best food that never fails in boosting immunity.

Source: : https://botapreneur.com/2020/04/04/foods-that-boost-the-immune-system/

------------------------------------------------------------

Your comments are highly welcomed.

Cc: Lalasticlala

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

‘NCDC Said I’m Still Positive For Coronavirus But Asked Me To Go’ – Susan Okpe / 4 Reasons Why Jogging May Not Give You The Weight Loss Results You Seek / Coronavirus: Dexamethasone Proves First Life-saving Drug

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.