Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control (49260 Views)

Iran Claims It Has Attacked An Israeli Spy Base In Kurdistan(photos) / Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi / Ukraine Breaks Diplomatic Ties With Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by dederocs(m): 11:45am On May 30, 2020
redsun:

I bet trump is just mad because he is a black man. He can't fathom the fact that a black man is in a position of high responsibilities and giving him directives on directives to keep his country safe.
Trump has a point, if the WHO has been more forceful on China, the virus would have been Isolated in China, and travel bans from China would have been advised by WHO...that would have saved the world all these loses.

1 Like

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Farki: 11:45am On May 30, 2020
DataDash:
one man one vote is a scam because people in densely populated think the same. And that means that all the big cities will pick the president which is retardation

So you are against democratic elections?
Using the same logic would you be fine with the North deciding every election for Nigeria since most don't live in cities?
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by nograv: 11:47am On May 30, 2020
Righteousness89:

I Bless your Mom and I Bless your Dad!

I Bless you also My Brother!

Thunder will not See you nor your Parents in JESUS Name...
Amen

Well thank you, but I hope Jesus makes you see sense.

Trump is not our salvation and I hope the lord makes you see one of the devil's agents for what he is.

Trump cares little for black people and I pray god removes the scales from your eyes..

God bless..

1 Like

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by kingcalipha(m): 11:48am On May 30, 2020
What I don't understand is why the same people urging Nigerian government to seize playing the big brother role in Africa and focus on Nigeria, are against Trump for putting US first in decision making.

Trump's problem with WHO is the same problem Nigerians have with their government, lack of faith.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by wickedtuna: 11:52am On May 30, 2020
peacettw:

Again, the question was on whether WHO has been beneficial to us before now and the answer is yes. This pandemic is an outlier in the scheme of things and as of this moment, noone has the answer to solve this global issue. Let's not throw away the baby with the bath water cos we know that that makes no sense.
Beneficial in enriching few people, yes. We can argue all we want about no one having the answers to solve the global issue but would you also debunk the fact that there have been many reports of clinical trials by Medical Practitioners of medicines with almost a 100% efficiency in treating the virus.

Why has the WHO constantly reject these reports in hopes of a vaccine that who would create? Not same doctors who are saying theres a treatment, a possible cure and prophylax for the virus?

It is either you are consciously arguing for the fact that the WHO is a corrupt, money racketeering scheme that everyone is guilty, who use their "charitable" facade as means to pillage nations or you are unaware of what truly happens. The WHO is only where the money is!

Ever wondered what you country would be like if we actually focused on developing our own homeopathic medicine? You might think it is just the US that will pull out? Lol...Sir, the WHO will be reduced to a mere country's pharmacy very soon.

Forget all the donations with hidden clause most people are ignorant of they are making, they are trying to pitch tenth in countries like ours who are beggars, always waiting for instructions. When the dust settles you will see what i am telling you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Dizasparks(f): 12:04pm On May 30, 2020
crestedaguiyi:
Nigerians like spoon feeding sha. See them dey cry over trump action.

Shame no dey catch una.

Lol
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Eboski(m): 12:12pm On May 30, 2020
henryobinna:

This is the best post that am reading on this thread.

Nigerians are ranting and insulting trump for defunding WHO but we all fail to look at why we even need the WHO that much.

Our leaders have so turned us all to almajiris to the point we need aids from these organizations. If our health system was alright we won't care much what Trump does to the WHO or not but here we are berating a man we didn't vote while we applaud those we've been voting for, since time immemorial. They have failed us and have been failing us, they might still continue. Let's focus on how our leaders use our money and not how the US or other countries decided to spend or not spend their money
I never wanted to comment,but read comments and learn one or two things from the post,
But sir, with this comment you made my day, God bless you sir.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by wink2015(m): 12:15pm On May 30, 2020
CHINA HAS BITTEN MORE THAN THEY CAN CHEW !

They want to become the WORLD SUPER POWER using BACKDOOR PROCESSES !

But it has never been easy for them.

Somehow they all got it wrong.

especially with the UNITED STATES hanging around them and watching their antics.

They want the rest of the world not to believe that the CORONAVIRUS disease is not part of their BIOLOGICAL WEAPON to achieve their long term dream.

The Chinese exploited the weaknesses in the WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION which the Americans got to know and they are calling the shot on the WHO.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Samcent: 12:21pm On May 30, 2020
Righteousness89:

I Bless your Mom and I Bless your Dad!

I Bless you also My Brother!

Thunder will not See you nor your Parents in JESUS Name...
Amen

Both fans and foes can't just ignore your posts!

I may not subscribe fully to your methods here, but I commend your resilience and your response to the hate directed at you.

We may not agree with each other, but we all are still brethren.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by fredoooooo: 12:22pm On May 30, 2020
grin grin wink grin cheesy
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by LastProphet: 12:22pm On May 30, 2020
salford1:

Congratulations.
You just answered your own questions.

Aslong as African countries lack good leadership, begging for aids from organizations such as the WHO would not end. Nigerian Senators, HORs, governors etc would rather enrich themselves than help less privileged Nigerians. Same as alot of other African countries with corrupt leadership.

A good example below:

Major donor contributors for free HIV and malaria drugs in Nigeria and some other African countries for example includes the WHO, The US Gov through (PEPFAR), World Bank, Unicef etc

However, the budget from Donald Trump's White House last year for 2020 includes a whopping $1.35 billion in cuts to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and $392 million in cuts to the funds to fight tuberculosis and malaria. This Corona outbreak also gave the US president another opportunity or justification to remove US own contribution to the WHO. Note there are many countries that contribute to the WHOs purse not just the US
The WHO Ethiopian president, executives and workers could care less, they would still get paid their fat salary. Let's even say WHO gets disbanded (which is not possible), their staff would simply get absorbed into the UN. Na citizens of poor countries go hear am.

For this, coupled with many other holes plugging by the US gov just tells us that the US can't be bothered to offer good assistance to any disadvantaged or poor countries in the world again. It's now America first which is good for them - Nationalism.

To be honest, I can't even be bothered if Trump gets re-elected in November. It actually favours me as I work in the Energy industry in Canada. Trump loves the energy industry, and he has speedily approved our pipeline that carries oil from Alberta all the way to Texas. It's a win for my Canadian economy. However, not much benefit is Trump's win for poor and shyte hole countries..Goodluck to Nigeria and Africa.

So are you saying China should have been allowed to continue with their evil manipulations because of WHO aids? I just think people are happy someone is standing up to the larger evil that China represents even if they lose some foreign aid. It can't always be about money there used to be something called right and wrong we can't be focused on the money all the time. Besides how has WHO helped under the China virus?
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by wink2015(m): 12:26pm On May 30, 2020
NIGERIA SHOULD JOIN THE UNITED STATES AND CUT OFF TIES WITH THE WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION.

Let Nigeria follow the steps of the MADAGASCAR nation that has found a WORKING SOLUTION to address COVID 19 problem.

But GREED, REGIONAL INTEREST, AND MONETARY INDUCEMENT FROM THE WHO will not make Nigerian political leaders take a bold steps like DONALD TRUMP.

We have turned ourselves to CHINESE SLAVES because they are approving loans and building railways for NIGERIA.
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Righteousness89(m): 12:28pm On May 30, 2020
nograv:

Well thank you, but I hope Jesus makes you see sense.

Trump is not our salvation and I hope the lord makes you see one of the devil's agents for what he is.

Trump cares little for black people and I pray god removes the scales from your eyes..

God bless..

My Brother, Leave Trump and sort out yourself with JESUS CHRIST. That's all you need!

I wish you could see my Heart for you and others who yet to Saved!

All you need is JESUS CHRIST! When u Accept HIM, your Heart will be Free from Hate, Contentions and Anger! I know it's not you talking! It's the spirit of the devil!

Come to JESUS bro and Free and Embrace life!

I am Praying for you!
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by MERCHANDISER: 12:32pm On May 30, 2020
wickedtuna:
lol you can say what you want sir but it still doesn't change the question. Do you think as a nation we would be better if we didnt depend on aids that come from bodies no one regulates?
Why is it that you guys don't like taking correction?
See the nonsense question you are asking and you are still proud defending it.You just goofed.If not for efforts of WHO in curtailing some diseases in Africa,u might not be alive typing rubbish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by wickedtuna: 12:33pm On May 30, 2020
MERCHANDISER:
Why is it that you guys don't like taking correction?
See the nonsense question you are asking and you are still proud defending it.You just goofed.If not for efforts of WHO in curtailing some diseases in Africa,u might not be alive typing rubbish
you just like to talk..lol
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Slimpotter(m): 12:34pm On May 30, 2020
ethicallyright:
[s][/s]
Keep quiet good for nothing right wing terrorist. Hypocrite lying with the name of God.
You sheep support a vulgar reality star capitalist who doesn't want global health insurance but demonize a good man who has pledged a substantial amount of his wealth for that cause.

Stop spamming Nairaland please.

Don't mind them, a capitalist who's only concern is the stock market has kept on deflecting blames from himself blaming everybody possible for his unpreparedness.
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by boyjo: 12:39pm On May 30, 2020
LoveToRead:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-donald-trump-terminates-relationship-with-world-health-organisation-11997100

We the true Africans love you Trump.
Thank you for cutting ties with WHO.
Their donations have always been AUDIO and we have survived all these years without it.

They, WHO, should go meet their Chinese masters for donations.
It is disloyalty to collect huge funds from one to to serve another.

Go Trump!
You shall win the election in JESUS name, amen. Give it your best fighting shot.
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by VenumX: 12:44pm On May 30, 2020
Trump is trying his best to 'put America first'. That's how a president should be unlike the cattle rearer and his cohorts that have remained sellouts to the world and even to china.
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Slimpotter(m): 12:53pm On May 30, 2020
Punchline33:
Interesting. Though am not a fan of Trump but the WHO have questions to answer. The DG is Ethiopian, Chinese aides come through Ethiopia for the rest of Africa, China has a lot of investment in Ethiopia including their high speed rail system. One can clearly see how China is using Ethiopia to undermine Africa's interest. But then, if Nigeria doesnt stand by the WHO's DG, we risk losing support for Adesina from other African nations in his current travails in the hands of US... so at the end, National interest is what should guide our decisions as a country.

I really don't get why alot of you feel China has control of WHO.
Even the connections you made doesn't still count.

Was kofi annan not the head of UN when the US and UK illegally invaded Iraq?

The US influence in international organizations is more than China's, even WHOs

And again, China has better investments in Kenya and Rwanda too, y'all are making false connections.
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Empiree: 12:58pm On May 30, 2020
peacettw:

*Also, check the list of WHO member states of which Madagascar is still a member.
https://www.who.int/choice/demography/by_country/en/
it doesn't mean it would be taken off the list right away. To be taken off the membership (record) takes time. I hope you realized that Trump has also took USA off WHO yesterday?. But you will still see USA listed as member state

It takes time before record updated if their decision is not reversed.
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Bigmikedagod(m): 1:01pm On May 30, 2020
Righteousness89:
Bravo!

GOD BLESS President Donald Trump for this Bold Move!

The World is full of Deceit..

I Have said it over and Over that The Presidency of Donald Trump is a " Mercy Period" for the Inhabitants of the World..

The Divine Presidency of Trump is wat has kept the world from witnessing some Real Wrath from Above!

Make Great use of these times... Make Peace with JESUS CHRIST

Once He is off! You may not be able to Survive

It pains to see People whose eyes are open but they can't see..

This is the Man that suits these times!

Go on Trump!

No Weapon formed or Fashioned against you will Prosper!

We are With you in the Spirtual!

asslicker spotted
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by elonize(m): 1:02pm On May 30, 2020
Beey:
Actually the world needs to unite against China. Trump said something very important in his speech. That China locked down Wuhan natives from traveling to Beijing & other cities.The virus didn’t reach those cities.But was okay to let people travel to the rest of the world .I think we’ve hit 100,000 deaths in the US
hmmmmmm,so they used ppo to spread d tin
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Beey(f): 1:06pm On May 30, 2020
elonize:
hmmmmmm,so they used ppo to spread d tin
PPO meaning please?
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Beey(f): 1:07pm On May 30, 2020
ModestGal:

Your president? What a joke?
Yes am a US citizen so he’s actually my president.
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Xbursta(m): 1:08pm On May 30, 2020
ethicallyright:
[s][/s]
Keep quiet good for nothing right wing terrorist. Hypocrite lying with the name of God.
You sheep support a vulgar reality star capitalist who doesn't want global health insurance but demonize a good man who has pledged a substantial amount of his wealth for that cause.

Stop spamming Nairaland please.

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by elonize(m): 1:08pm On May 30, 2020
Beey:
PPO meaning please?
people na
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Beey(f): 1:10pm On May 30, 2020
Golan007:

So China should have locked up all the Hartfords and McKenzies preventing them from flying back home right?
The seriousness with which they handled the virus and stopped it from spreading in their capital & other large business cities, should have been applied when dealing with the rest of the world, otherwise it’s called double standards. China has been left with a thriving economy while other countries will be counting their losses.
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Beey(f): 1:12pm On May 30, 2020
elonize:
people na
ofcourse how did it not affect their large cities & their economy kept thriving while other countries may take years to recover economically?
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Beey(f): 1:16pm On May 30, 2020
Xisnin:

I hope you will donate your father, brothers, and uncles to fight in the war.
SMH.
My family has never relied on donations. We work with our hands.BTW, the so called aid if financial ends up in the hands of politicians.Why should our taxes be used to support an organization that’s clearly dining with our enemy?You don’t know the crimes Chinese commit here in the US especially stealing US intelligence .Their spies come mostly as students. I don’t even know what war you are talking about because there’s no physical war.

1 Like

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by olumide4christ: 1:17pm On May 30, 2020
salford1:

I went through some of his post history.
He is not a republican grin. He is a Lord's chosen church member living somewhere in Okokomaiko /Ajagbandi slum axis in Lagos.
My mistake was even replying his post thinking he was someone that could hold an intellectual discuss.

LOL.. they are the ones easily fooled by Donald Trump. I blasted the guy yesterday when he was supporting Donald Trump on the"when the looting starts, the shooting starts" thread.
He calls himself Righteousness89 but supports a man that has injustice written all over his decisions and administration. Donald Trump fires anyone who doesn't dance to his tunes (James Comey, many inspector generals, many members of his cabinet), blocked many people from testifying before Congress because of fear they might say something against him, abuses & embarasses journalists, the list is inexhaustible. I don't understand how so-called Christians can support such person.

1 Like

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Beey(f): 1:18pm On May 30, 2020
DataDash:
yes I agree a WW3 against china
Unless the world unites starting with our greedy African leaders who borrowed Chinese loans despite the US warning them that there was a catch.Once they can’t pay, China takes over something in their countries.
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Beey(f): 1:20pm On May 30, 2020
DataDash:

I kind wish america declares war on China that have u leashed this virus onto the world and the amount of other crimes china has done. It's time for them to pay their debts
Trump needs to cut any trade agreements with them.That I wish would be the next move.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Biden To Sign Executive Order To Join Paris Club & Rescind Travel Ban / Nigeria Among Most Hated Countries In Britain / Israel Has No Right To Defend Itself - Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.