Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,625 members, 7,844,024 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

How 'ordinary' Ward Chairman Nailed Oshiomhole's Political Coffin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How 'ordinary' Ward Chairman Nailed Oshiomhole's Political Coffin (2935 Views)

Full Extract Of Kyari's Conversation With Hushpuppi That Nailed Him / Oshiomhole Remains Suspended - Oshawo Stephen, Ward Chairman Insists / Akemokue Lukman Funny Resignation Letter From An APC Ward Chairman In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How 'ordinary' Ward Chairman Nailed Oshiomhole's Political Coffin by Penaldo: 8:54am On Jun 17, 2020
Kindly, take a look at these points and see how Oshiomhole's arrogance and lack of tact led to his potential political downfall.

* Oshiomhole was suspended by his Ward chairman as a MEMBER OF THE PARTY and not as chairman. And he didn't take it serious. In fact, he dismissed them.

* Instead of vacating it or appealing it, he continued "acting" as National Chairman of the the party.

* Instead, he chose to suspend them and supplant them (ward, local government and state excos of the party in Edo) and set up a parallel Exco.

* But the Anselm Ojezua-led Exco was the authentic state party chairman and he has court order to that effect which has not been vacated. And he also occupies the recognised Secretariat of the party.

* Oshiomhole needed to go back to his Ward and appeal the decision to suspend him so that the suspension could be lifted. But that is now late as the Ward Chairman is loyal to the Ojezua-led Exco who was in turn loyal to Gov. Obaseki.

* The last time APC had a National Executive Committee, NEC, meeting was in 2018. Yet, the constitution of the party MANDATES that NEC meeting "SHALL" be held FOUR times a year. It is MANDATORY!

* Yet, Oshiomhole has not called any NEC meeting since the one that was held to produce Buhari. He knew if he called it, they might turn it to a mini-convention and sack him.

* And during that last NEC meeting, it was decided that EACH STATE could decide the mode of primary election they liked and then get back to the national office of the party who would now appoint officials to supervise the primary. That was what they did in Kogi Bayelsa and that was why the Edo APC decided they didn't want direct primaries.

* The last two conventions held by the party were the one that produced Oshiomhole himself as National Chairman and the one that ratified Buhari as candidate in December 2018 for the 2019 Presidential election. In fact, the one that produced him was not conducted by him.

* He personally appointed Lanre Isa-Onilu as National Publicity Secretary and Bulama as National Secretary. Yet, these guys were supposed to be elected via a mini-convention while their deputies should act until they were duly elected.

* Technically, these officials are not recognised BY THE LAW as they were not products of a mini-convention of the party.

* Now, what has floored Oshiomhole was that suspension by an unknown Ward Chairman of his party in his hometown.

* Like my brother Akinloye NG told me, in party politics, after the National Chairman of a party, the most powerful (but mainly unknown) is the Ward Chairman.

My Take
And that is why Ize-Iyamu has to go back to his APC Ward and apply for waiver. The Ward Chairman will forward it to the Local Government Chairman of the party who will send it to state and then to Zonal and then to national secretariat. Then the National Working Committee, NWC, would meet, send it to NEC for RATIFICATION.

PDP has quickly held their own emergency NEC so they could grant waiver to Obaseki if he joins them.

Without waiver, as a new entrant, you are not qualified to contest.

So Oshiomhole should go and beg his Ward Chairman!

Who might even be an ordinary vulcaniser doing politics as part-time...

Written by Samuel O. Ajayi

https://www.inform.ng/post/how-ordinary-ward-chairman-nailed-oshiomholes-political-coffin

11 Likes

Re: How 'ordinary' Ward Chairman Nailed Oshiomhole's Political Coffin by Brandstudio01: 8:56am On Jun 17, 2020
Sweetheart Nigerian politics is not our mate
grin

2 Likes

Re: How 'ordinary' Ward Chairman Nailed Oshiomhole's Political Coffin by Righteousness89(m): 8:59am On Jun 17, 2020
Lesson: Humble yourself and treat people with respect! The one you look down on could be the one who holds your key!

4 Likes

Re: How 'ordinary' Ward Chairman Nailed Oshiomhole's Political Coffin by Connoisseur(m): 9:01am On Jun 17, 2020
The last part got me laughing really hard

2 Likes

Re: How 'ordinary' Ward Chairman Nailed Oshiomhole's Political Coffin by helinues: 9:02am On Jun 17, 2020
The upheld of the removal of Oshiomole's judgement might be last card game

1 Like

Re: How 'ordinary' Ward Chairman Nailed Oshiomhole's Political Coffin by Masterkernel1: 9:06am On Jun 17, 2020
The lesson here is to respect others and stay humble while fighting.

1 Like

Re: How 'ordinary' Ward Chairman Nailed Oshiomhole's Political Coffin by donbachi(m): 9:07am On Jun 17, 2020
Make him just go back to him tailoring job...thank GOD,him get a model as a wife..him own na to sow the blouse and gele.she go model for am on runway.

2 Likes

Re: How 'ordinary' Ward Chairman Nailed Oshiomhole's Political Coffin by Elmagnifino: 9:08am On Jun 17, 2020
Interesting
Re: How 'ordinary' Ward Chairman Nailed Oshiomhole's Political Coffin by Xisnin(m): 9:08am On Jun 17, 2020
All I see is political naivety over this judgment.
There is no coffin yet, let alone the nailing.
Re: How 'ordinary' Ward Chairman Nailed Oshiomhole's Political Coffin by doggedfighter(f): 9:13am On Jun 17, 2020
Factually spiced yet fun to read

3 Likes

Re: How 'ordinary' Ward Chairman Nailed Oshiomhole's Political Coffin by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:19am On Jun 17, 2020
Thatfairguy and sammy07 what is your takes cheesy grin wink

1 Like

Re: How 'ordinary' Ward Chairman Nailed Oshiomhole's Political Coffin by sirwilli(m): 9:24am On Jun 17, 2020
shocked
Re: How 'ordinary' Ward Chairman Nailed Oshiomhole's Political Coffin by BlowYourMind: 9:38am On Jun 17, 2020
I like it.
Re: How 'ordinary' Ward Chairman Nailed Oshiomhole's Political Coffin by fergie001: 9:40am On Jun 17, 2020
Penaldo has said it all.................

ejimatic

1 Like

Re: How 'ordinary' Ward Chairman Nailed Oshiomhole's Political Coffin by Surrender: 9:43am On Jun 17, 2020
Good morning, I am a qualified driver based in Abuja. I am looking for someone who is willing to lease his/her car out for Uber driving job. Be rest assured that your car will be in a safe hand.

Thank you!
Re: How 'ordinary' Ward Chairman Nailed Oshiomhole's Political Coffin by Born2Breed(f): 9:47am On Jun 17, 2020
OshiomOle is already cursed.

He turned against the people and the voice of the people is the voice of the gods.
Re: How 'ordinary' Ward Chairman Nailed Oshiomhole's Political Coffin by Somodooo: 9:53am On Jun 17, 2020
helinues:
The upheld of the removal of Oshiomole's judgement might be last card game
baby boooo kiss
Re: How 'ordinary' Ward Chairman Nailed Oshiomhole's Political Coffin by Fuckyoumod: 9:59am On Jun 17, 2020
grin so sweet and funning that Osho could be dealt with by a vulcanizer....
Re: How 'ordinary' Ward Chairman Nailed Oshiomhole's Political Coffin by slivertongue: 10:07am On Jun 17, 2020
Oshiomhole was suspended by his Ward chairman as a MEMBER OF THE PARTY and not as chairman. And he didn't take it serious. In fact, he dismissed them.
Re: How 'ordinary' Ward Chairman Nailed Oshiomhole's Political Coffin by ThatFairGuy: 10:16am On Jun 17, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Thatfairguy and sammy07 what is your takes cheesy grin wink
cool cool cool

Re: How 'ordinary' Ward Chairman Nailed Oshiomhole's Political Coffin by ThatFairGuy: 10:17am On Jun 17, 2020
Somodooo:
baby boooo kiss
Even mod are tired to ban your account grin
Re: How 'ordinary' Ward Chairman Nailed Oshiomhole's Political Coffin by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 10:20am On Jun 17, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

cool cool cool
common village ward leader remove your god cheesy grin grin cheesy
Re: How 'ordinary' Ward Chairman Nailed Oshiomhole's Political Coffin by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 17, 2020
If you don't have control over your ward, why would you want to control The party nationally.
Re: How 'ordinary' Ward Chairman Nailed Oshiomhole's Political Coffin by ruggedtimi(m): 11:07am On Jun 17, 2020
So finally ward chairman shouldn't be underrated

1 Like

Re: How 'ordinary' Ward Chairman Nailed Oshiomhole's Political Coffin by Caseless: 12:39pm On Jun 17, 2020
Xisnin:
All I see is political naivety over this judgment.
There is no coffin yet, let alone the nailing.
thank you! Some of them don't know what they're saying. Which coffin? Somebody that could easily be appointed as a minister is in no coffing.
Re: How 'ordinary' Ward Chairman Nailed Oshiomhole's Political Coffin by Built2last: 1:32pm On Jun 17, 2020
This is a lesson to be taken seriously
Re: How 'ordinary' Ward Chairman Nailed Oshiomhole's Political Coffin by Jdbrasco2: 2:02pm On Jun 17, 2020
Good analysis. I did learn smt. Thanks OP

1 Like

Re: How 'ordinary' Ward Chairman Nailed Oshiomhole's Political Coffin by ejimatic: 6:34pm On Jun 17, 2020
fergie001:
Penaldo has said it all.................

ejimatic
OK though I did not see the comments
Re: How 'ordinary' Ward Chairman Nailed Oshiomhole's Political Coffin by Ogegeodey(m): 7:47pm On Jun 17, 2020
That's the beauty of democracy. Every constituted authority should function properly without fear of favor.
Re: How 'ordinary' Ward Chairman Nailed Oshiomhole's Political Coffin by WATCHOVER(m): 7:57pm On Jun 17, 2020
This epistle sweet my bele.
Op na man you be
Re: How 'ordinary' Ward Chairman Nailed Oshiomhole's Political Coffin by Opexzy: 9:05pm On Jun 17, 2020
This is hilarious grin grin

This is the part that cracked me up the most..
So Oshiomhole should go and beg his Ward Chairman!

Who might even be an ordinary vulcaniser doing politics as part-time...

"He who the gods want to destroy..."
Re: How 'ordinary' Ward Chairman Nailed Oshiomhole's Political Coffin by crispus09(m): 10:11pm On Jun 17, 2020
every politician must just have this or other issues to solve

(1) (Reply)

NBA Has Reinvited El-rufa’i / Regarding The Canceller Guy On NL / BREAKING: FG Announces Penalty For Those Who Use VPN To Open Twitter In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.