Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,609 members, 7,847,544 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 08:22 PM

Dear Nigerians Wake Up! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dear Nigerians Wake Up! (190 Views)

Dear Nigerians, Is This really the hand of an 82 year old? "Nnamdi Kanu asks' / Nigerians Wake Up!!..it Is A Game And You Are All Been Played!! / Dear Nigerians, This Is Not Our National Flag (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dear Nigerians Wake Up! by Femiartalade(m): 7:45pm On Jun 18, 2020
In the last millennium when i was growing up, there was so much publicity on civil rights, health matters and political elections. At least, I remember NTA AM express had various jingles about these matters and they were very intentional about it. it didn't end there, i also remember the NOA were very functional to the point that, information were passed across every media and people understood everything that was happening.

In this millennium, it's really very strange that these organizations have failed to bridge the gap between the people and the government especially when it comes to true information.

Now in the case of covid 19, at this point I feel like the average Nigerian thinks covid19 is a hoax. Even though there's information about the virus that says wash your hands, use a face mask...

The funny part of it is that the most important organization (NCDC) that is supposed to sensitize Nigerians about the virus have been turned to a 'follow train page' on social media. Nigerians have turned it to a 'follow for follow' moment anytime there's an update about the virus from NCDC.

And it shows how disjointed the masses are with these organizations and the government.
In all honesty, even though these organizations are doing their 'best ' to keep everyone safe, I feel like the government has hijacked everything with their politicking to just to loot our treasury.

But las las we go deh alright.!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Raining Season: LAWMA Assures Lagosians Of Preparedness To Tackle Wastes Disposa / Breaking: FG Releases N13.6b Hazard Allowances,life Insurance For Health Workers / APC Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.